Reality

Forgotten Secret

“Good day! This is Coop Management.'

“Before anything else, we would like to thank the Korean and international fans who supported and love Kim JaeUck from his debut until now. We are very grateful and we think it is just right for his fans to know the great news that happened in his life recently. We ask for your understanding and support.'

“Kim JaeUck had been dating for more than a year and the couple have decided to get married. Kim JaeUck and his girlfriend had a civil wedding ceremony in Germany last month and will be holding a private wedding ceremony in Korea with their respective families next month. We continue to ask for understanding and respect to their privacy as Kim JaeUck wishes to keep his family matters private. '

“Please send the couple best wishes for their beautiful future together and continue to love Kim JaeUck like you have until now. Thank you.'

I read the press release of Coop management for the fifth time. I can't help the rapid breathing of my chest while I read the announcement that was released late last night. Though I've been married to JaeUck for almost a month already, I still can't get used to having my life's private matters such as this broadcasted. I was thankful we were able to return home from Germany without a lot of fuss. Sajangnym made the necessary arrangement for us to use the private exit in the airport. I was back working after a week of moving my stuff from my unit to JaeUck's apartment and making changes there to for my things and Leon.

My phone rang and I answered it after two rings upong seeing it was the number in JaeUck's apartment. 

'Kim Minyoung-ssi?'

'Ne ahjumma.' We got one of JaeUck family's househelpers work for us. She comes comes to our apartment every morning and leave in the afternoon.

'I reheated the meals you cook earlier today for dinner and sent it to your husband.'

'Kre. Thank you ahjumma, I'll message JaeUck that his food is on the way.' JaeUck started shooting his drama the next day we arrived and his schedule has been hectic ever since. I feel bad for him, especially that its winter now.

'By the way, the interior designer called.'

'Arasso, I'll call her. Did you showed her the bathroom?' I want to have the same design for the bathroom in the house JaeUck and I will be moving to after our wedding ceremony. We decided to move in a village outside Seoul instead of staying in his apartment. The new responsibilities I have is surprising. I thought everything would just be about me and JaeUck, our pets and work. I didn't realized I would be making decisions about the new house, running the home, budgeting, what shall we eat for the entire week, JaeUck's wardrobe, I have a long list now. Marriage life is keeping me on my toes since we went back.
 

'You may enter now Kim Minyoung-ssi'

'Thank you.' I told Yeon Seok's secretary as I went inside his office. I stayed in the office for a while until it gets dark before I headed to Yeon Seok's office. As much as JaeUck doesn't want me to meet with Yeon Seok, I know I should, to settle the issue between us. I decided to just meet him in his office instead of outside in order to avoid further scandal about us. Good thing Yeon Seok agreed with it.

Yeon Seok was leaning on his couch when I got in. It looks like he has been waiting for me seeing the prepared cup of coffee in the table. He placed his cup when I entered. 'You're Kim Minyoung now ah, JaeUck-ssi must be scared and acted quickly.'

I looked at him intently, his smile gives me goosebump. The bandaid in his eyebrow is making me curious as to why was he into fight. I never knew Yeon Seok to be a dangerous man. He was always cheerful way back in college.

I shook my head, focusing my mind on the reason that I'm here. 'JaeUck's sajangnym told us that you're planning to sue but we haven't received any papers about it.'

'Kre. Shall I proceed with it Kim Minyoung-ssi?' giving emphasis to my new last name.

'JaeUck didn't do anything to you Yeon Seok, and me too. You're the one who drag my name.'

'I told you Minyoung, it was just for awhile. I just need for father to hand me the position and they will only give it to me if they know I'm about to settle down.'

'Well, it's not my fault that it went out of hand that night. I was forced to admit my relationship with JaeUck!' I defended myself. I don't know why I feel bad for him despite what he did. 'Miyanhe Yeon Seok, it didn't work out for you.'

'It's back luck I guess, now I'm forced to work in our business in China.'

'Miyanhe'

'It wasn't your fault Minyoung, and I apologize also for dragging you into my mess.'

I was thinking if Yeon Seok is plotting something again for apologizing easily. I could still remember how scared I was at him during the presscon. I guess I had to take his word for it.

I stayed for a few minutes after our talk. I was about to call a taxi outside Yeon Seok's building when JaeUck's driver approached me.

'Ahjussi!' Surprised at seeing him there and got worried that he saw me leaving Yeon Seok's building. 'What are you doing here?'

'JaeUck asked me to fetch you.' He lead me to where the car is.

'How did you know I'm here?'

'I was about to stop in your office and saw you ride a car so I followed you.'

'Arasso..ahm..please don't tell JaeUck okay?' JaeUck will be mad if he found out I met with Yeon Seok.

'I will not tell him but you should tell him alright? I don't want to keep importants matters from JaeUck. I know he'll get mad.'

'Fine. He's your boss not me, so I understand.' I .


I quickly wiped my hand on the apron I'm wearing when I heard the door buzzed. I ran to the door opening it.

'Anyeong haseyo Kim Minyoung-ssi' JaeUck's loop-sided smile was beaming at the door, in his hand is a boquet of flowers. I jumped into him placing my arms around his neck and my legs in his waist making JaeUck laugh.

'This is why I prefer to buzz than enter the pin yobo.' I felt his kiss on the side of my head.

'I miss you!' I showered his face with small kisses until he placed me in the kitchen island, trapping me with his hands on my sides. I can't help but be conscious as he looks at me intently, with a tight-lip smile. His eyes traveled slowly from my whole face, down to my neck, to the apron I'm wearing and to the yellow soft slippers I had.

'I like going home to you like this, I can't wait for us to move in our house Minyoung.' He pulled me to him, hugging me tightly. 'I thought I'm already living a good life, I didn't realized I was missing a lot when you came.'

I looked up to him, watching with his eyes close. I still don't understand why my heartbeat goes wild everytime I see him. I palmed his face, my thumbs in his cheeks. He raised an eyebrow at me, smiling. Does my touch affects him?

'Are you cooking again?' he looked at vegetables in the table. That's what I usually do while I wait for him to arrive from shooting.

'Ne. Your shoot ended early?' I asked.

He nodded. 'Just me, and I don't have a shoot tomorrow so I'll spend my entire day with you. Shall we check our house? How are we with the wedding preparation?' He stood in between my legs, pulling me to him. I removed my apron worried that his shirt might get stain from it. I noticed the flower on my side and took it to smell. I reminded myself to put in a vase later. I am surprise how JaeUck would always finds a way to make me feel important, just like how he brought flowers for me today. I always look forward to him coming home cause he always has something for me. I hope he continue being like this.

I removed his cap, combing his hair with my hand. 'We can give out the invitations tomorrow, its just few so it won't take long.'

'Can't your secretary do that?'

'She can, but our guests are our close friends and families it will be nice if we give it ourselves.' I frowned when I noticed something in the side of his mouth. I pulled away when he tried to kiss me. I hit his shoulder when I noticed it's a bruise. 'What is that?' I let go of him and crossed my arms in my chest. Mad and at the same time worried for him. Did he get it while shooting? But that would be impossible. Production team wouldn't let their actors be bruised in the face.

'It's nothing' he tried to embrace me but I pushed him, not satisfied with what he said. I hit him more and he just laugh. And then suddenly I remember the bandaid in Yeon Seok's eyebrow.

I pulled him realizing that he got into fight with Yeon Seok. I hold his chin looking into the bruise closely. It looks like he tried to hide it with a concealer. He probably asked his make-up artist to do that. 'Tell me honestly, did you fight with Yeon Seok?'

Without realizing what I almost admitted, JaeUck looked at me. 'Did you meet Yeon Seok by any chance?' Aigoo, now it looks like he's the one mad now.

I cleared my throat. 'It's not like that okay? Let me explain.' JaeUck took a step backward and observed me. 'Ya!' I jumped down on the floor and took a step towards him. 'Arasso. Miyanhe yobo, I just want to clear things to him, you know I won't have a peace of mind on that without talking to him.' I took a deep breath and confessed everything. I tiptoed and drop a kiss on his lips. 'Miyanhe, don't be mad. I promise I won't get mad with your bruise.' I place my hands on his side.

JaeUck embraced me dropping a soft kiss on my forehead before looking at me. 'I just had to hit him for dragging you into his mess Minyoung. I hope he learned his lesson now.'

'Did someone saw you? I'm worried that you'll get another scandal again. Let's live and work peacefully please?.'

'Arasso yobo. Miyanhe, that's the last time I'll go near that man again.' He snuggled in my neck and kiss it for a while, my hand played in his hair. 'Let's visit omma tomorrow, she messaged me earlier.'

'She did?' I rested my cheeks on his chest while embracing him back. 'Aigoo, she'll bug me again about getting pregnant. I don't think we're ready for a baby this year, with everything that's been going around.'

'No one is every ready for a baby. Let's have it once he or she is here.' he rubbed my tummy.

I hit his arm for being casual about it. 'You're saying that because you're not the one who's getting pregnant. You'll have to work and leave me to take care of our baby.'

'Bwo? I'll stop working once the baby is out so I can take care of the two of you. I will even volunteer to join the Return of Superman. What do you think?'

I laught at him 'You'll be the national father if you join that show.'  JaeUck loves kids, now even mothers would fall for him.

'You think so?'

I quickly nodded, smiling at him. Aigoo, I'm so inlove with this man. He's right, when you thought you're already happy, you'll realized its nothing compared to the happiness when you have someone you love and he loves you back. I shrieked when he carried me, making me held on the back of his neck tightly.

'Let's rest now yobo. I'm tired working all day. I miss you, I love you yobo.' He keeps murmuring as he walks us toward the bedroom with our pet babies following on our heels.

What a nice little world we are starting here. No matter how busy our world is outside, at the end of the day, we will go home to each other. Kim JaeUck not the actor, but the husband of Kim Minyoung. Kim Minyoung not the celebrity stylist but the wife of Kim JaeUck.