See you

Forgotten Secret

I know this is just an informal client meeting which I've done a lot of times before but I feel uneasy, like something bad is about to happen.

'Ya! Minyoung, are you really getting drunk tonight?' Jessica elbowed me.

'Don't mind me.' I gulped by six shot and I just got here 30 minutes ago. I can't believe this is really happening, I am here sitting beside actor Kim JaeUck's manager. I can't sit still everytime someone will come in our table. My eyes keep on roaming around the club. It feels like I'll have a heart attack anytime tonight. This is really crazy, if only I've known earlier I wouldn't come.

'Sajangnym, are you alright?'

I felt a soft tap in the back of my hand and that's when I realized manager Lee was waiting for my answer and Jessica was gone, I was alone with him. I looked around and look for Jessica. Where the hell is that girl? Why did she left me alone here?! I felt the heat in my cheeks and let out a soft cough to cover my embarassment. 'I'm sorry manager Lee, please call me Min young, I believe you're a little bit older than me.' I slightly bow my head in respect. I have to remind myself that he is a client

'Oh is that so?' He gigled. 'Kre..kre...'

'I still can't believe we got the contract manager Lee, thank you, we're very grateful.' Well of course, no matter how I am against it, I can't say that right? It should be right to thank him.

'You guys deserve it. I've seen your work and your company is very famous in the industry, so it was very easy for the management to decide.'

'Yes I understand, but still thanks to you manager Lee. I didn't know you and Jessica are close. We will do our be -'

My words were cut when his phone rang, he excused himself to answer it.

'Where are you JaeUck?'

Hearing his name tensed me. Is he here? Where the heck is Jessica? I need to go. My heart beat so loud. I started gathering my coat and bag. I thought about the many possibilities that might happen when I see him. I'm not yet ready to see him again. Will he remember? Will he recognize me? And where is Jessica again? I will really kill her.

'..arasso..yeah go home and rest.'

I blinked my eyes several times.

'He's not coming manager Lee?' I asked, wanted to be sure.

'Ne, I'm sorry Min Young, Jaeuck wanted to come but he have an early shoot tomorrow. We can -

'Ani..ani..it's alright!' she felt so relieved that she embraced manager Lee without thinking. I took a deep breath, releasing all my uptight nerves earlier.

'Oh my gosh Minyoungie!' Jessica shouted at me, pulling me away from manager Lee. 'I'm sorry manager Lee, Minyoung is drunk.'

I let go of manager Lee but continued tapping his hand, feeling grateful. 'I'm sorry manager Lee, it's just that we're really thankful that we got the contract.' Of course I can't tell him how happy I was that Jaeuck-sshi is not coming.

The meeting with the marketing department was immediately set at the end of the week. My mind has been occupied for the past few days with all the possibilities once I see him. What will I do? What will I say? Will he recognize me? I'm loosing sleep because of worrying. I wasn't even bothered by Jessica's ranting for not seeing Jaeuck-ssi that night we drank with manager Lee.

'Are you listening Minyoung?'

'Ah?' I looked at Jessica who was frowning tapping her pencil in the table. 'Of course, yes, Jessica, continue with your design.'

'I'm not explaining my design, I was asking if you talked with our supplier already. Hold on..' she looked at her intently, biting the eraser of her pencil. 'You seem to be spacing lately. Do you have any problem?'

'What? No, I don't have. Just don't mind me, okay? Ah..some stuff in the unit that needs repairing.'

'Are you sure? You look pale lately and your eyebags...' she poked my eyebags  and I shooed her hand quickly. 'Are you pregnant?'

I looked at wide opened, unbelieving her words. I grab her arms and hit her several times.

'Ya..ya! That hurts!'

'Good for you! Pregnant as if!'

'Yeah, that's why I'm asking cause it's impossible, I mean you don't have a boyfriend. But you know everything is possible nowadays, who knows you'll be married first than me, right Minyoung?'

I shook my head. Jessica is such a hopeless romantic, I wish I could be just have her mindset when it comes to relationship but with my parents going on a divorce. I've seen how easy it is for anyone to leave. I don't know, I'm sure not everyone thinks the same as I am but that is how it affects me.

'Aish, let's stop talking about you getting married, you're still single. Let's think about how you can have a boyfriend Minyoung.' she took my hand and squeeze it. I can see excitement in her eyes. 'I'll make your wedding dress..'

'You just said let's not talk about it..'

'Kekeke..you're right, so what's bothering you?'

'Ahmm..you see' I cleared my throat, not wanting to make it obvious that my question is about me. 'I'll be meeting this friend of mine in middle school. You know, its been a long time so I don't know..I'm a bit worried..'

'Is your friend a guy or a girl?'

'A girl??' unsure how to tell her.

'Actually you don't have to worry about it, whether it's a guy or girl. You said you're friends so I mean what's wrong? Are you worried she is better than you?'

'Ani..-

'Just be at your best when you see each other okay? When you see her, greet her first, it's better to have the upperhand. She might not recognize you anyway.'

Yeah, that's right, he might not recognize me. I mean I can just ignore him right? 'You're right Jess. He might not recognize me..'

'Oh 'he'?'

'He?' My mind quickly work to find excuses. 'I don't know yet cause they're about three people so probably he and she..keke.let's go back to our topic. I'll call our supplier after our meeting and update you. I think we still have enough supplies until next week..'

After my meeting with Jessica, I made a plan, just to be safe. Jessica will handle this project, anyway she's the one who really wants this. I will busy myself with other projects that way Jessica won't bother me. It's possible that we might see each other but yes, I will ignore him. For sure he won't remember me.

Everything was set and agreed with Jessica. Yes, the two of us will meet with the company heads but Jessica will be handling the fitting and shoots so I won't be there and will work on other projects. Ah, I'm so thankful right now that we have a lot of projects. Just imagine if this is the only project we have..we'll I can also get a vacation. I haven't been on a vacation for a long time while Jessica already traveled twice this month. Right, that could be on option as well.

The schedule for the fitting came. I busied myself with our other clients, making calls to the suppliers and shopping for fabrics. Despite keeping myself busy and not involving myself directly with Jessica's project, I still feel so agitated. I got worried more when Jessica complained a few days ago that she is not feeling well but would very much want to do the fitting even if she is sick because of JaeUck-ssi. I guess I shouldn't worry, Jessica will be there no matter what happens.

Regardless, I know it might not be soon but maybe someday I will really have to meet him in person just for my peace of mind. I didn't realize that the industry is small for us to have a chance of meeting like this.

'MinYoungie, I can't sleep.' Jessica called me, I was in the middle of my nightly routine before going to sleep. I can hear her coughing. I feel bad, I hope I can just say 'kre, I'll go tomorrow' but I'm sure I still can't, I'm not yet ready to see him. I just really think it's not the right time yet.

I . 'That excited Jess?'

'You can't blame me. I dreamt of that guy for a long time and now..'

'What dream are you saying? You have been lusting after him!' I more.

'Ya, such a ert mind MinYoung. I find him hot and y, and obviously he's handsome..kekeke..I hope I'll do well tomorrow. I don't want to embarass myself MinYoung, I waited for this day. I'll offer to be his assistant after this.'

He's changed a lot from the last time I saw him, he's body built was the same but he became manly this time. His veiny arms that looks appealing, I didn't even realized that veins could be y until I saw it in one his uploaded video in his account. I wasn't stalking him, Jessica showed it to me. A lot of girls are drooling at him, just with his normal or even just standingl, he have this aura that seems to call those who look at his photos.

I took a deep breath and remove his physique in my mind. I need to calm down so I can sleep well. 'Seriously Jess??! I can't believe you..You'll leave me just because of him?!'

'Tss so clingy! And why are you still awake?'

'I was about to sleep and you called.' I answered while turning off the light in the bathroom.

I woke up early the next day, had coffee and did my workout at home. I was watching my pet dog Leon when he suddenly peed under the dining table.

'Ya, Leon, I told you not to pee there. There is a pee mat in the kitchen!' I picked him up slowly and brought him to the mat. 'This is the mat, where you are supposed to pee. Stay there, don't leave until you think you're done.' I grab a wet tissue and wiped the pee in the floor.

I answered Jessica's call while I was wiping the floor. It wasn't Jessica, it was her boyfriend calling me. 'Oh, something wrong?' Jessica's boyfriend only calls me when they have a problem.

'Noona, Jessica have flu she can hardly get up. I'm taking her to the hospital.'

'Ha? I was just talking to her last night..That's not possible.' I immediately stood up, my elbow hitting the corner of the chair.  'Ouch!' I groaned.

'I'm sorry Noona, I know she is excited for her schedule today but she can't really come. She can't even speak well, her voice is cracking.'

'Ya Sica!' I shouted hoping my friend can hear it. 'You just said last night that you will go there no matter what happens!.'

'We have to go, I will take her to the hospital.'

'Wait..wait..I -.. I..' I look around my house, not knowing what to do. Sicaaaaa...! my mind screamed.

'Thanks Noona!'

I looked at my phone, then to Leon who is now running around the kitchen, and to my elbow that was bruised. Is it Friday the 13th? I think today is unlucky day. I took a deep breath and shook my head. No, I need to clear my mind, think straight, this is work, personal issues shouldn't interfere. First, I called Jessica's assistant informing them that I will be taking over the fitting since Jessica is sick. I intructed them to be early in the location and set up our wardrobe. I also called Manager Lee and inform him that I will be coming instead of Jessica.

'Is everything alright MinYoung?'

He probably heard the nervousness in my voice so I assured him. 'Yes, yes manager Lee, I'm sorry for the sudden change. It's unevitable nevertheless I'm familiar with what Jessica has prepared, I can take over.'

'Hyung'

That deep voice, it was him! I thumped my heart for suddenly beating fast. Aigoo Minyoung, you just heard his voice, what will ever happen to you if you see him?

'I.. I'll go now manager Lee, see you later.'

'Yes, thank you MinYoung.'

I calmed myself while driving, I stayed for a while in the bathtub which helped a lot to calm my nerves. I guess this is the proper time for us to meet. I don't have a choice right? We just have to make a do with what the day brings us. Instead of complaining, let's just look at the brighter things the day brings, I cheered myself. Kre, let's do that Minyoung, aja! I parked my car outside the building, went inside towards the elevator. I looked at my watch and was relieved that I'm 15 minutes early. Coming earlier will give me an edge. 

'Anyeonghaseyo sajangnym'

I look around inside the elevator when I heard a few greeted me. I smiled and greeted back when I recognized that some of them are models I worked with before. I looked at my reflection in the elevator I'm wearing a cream top, orange trousers and suit, and applied a light make up. I want to give a professional look. I said my goodbye to the models and took a deep breath before coming out of the elevator when it reached my floor.  When I reached the room that we will occupy for fitting, I saw Jessica's assistant has already set up the clothes. All three stood up to greet me.

'Good morning. This is great, we are early and all set up.' I look around the room, there's a small fitting room in the corner. I rubbed my hands together before pulling a seat beside the table. 'Can I have the portfolio for this fitting?'

'Sure sajangnym.' Yuri, the team lead gave the portfolio to me. She sat beside me and talked about the concept of the clothes they prepared.

'These were already presented to them right?'

'Ne sajangnym.'

'Great! In that case we should expect a smooth fitting and we'll be done early.' I stood up and went to the clothes that were already hanged. Nodding as I touched the fabric of the clothings. Good, this is nice. I stop by when I notice a loose thread in one of the suit. 'Can you get the scissor Yu -

'Oh everyone is here!'

I turned around and saw manager Lee approaching. I looked behind his back, but he's alone.

'Anyeonghaseyo manager Lee' she greeted. 'Yes, we're all set. We'll start at once as soon your team is ready.'

'Great! JaeUck will be late for a few mins, but he's near.' He turned at the clothes 'I love the colors MinYoung, very manly..I'm excited to see JaeUck wear those.' He stood beside me looking at the clothes. 'I can't believe JaeUck is that tall, these are long trousers.' he laughed.

'I know right manager Lee.' I agreed. He wasn't that tall when I saw him before.

'Oh well his hyung is tall as well. I wish he'll get more modeling stints but he prefers doing his music and acting. I don't know with that guy, he would be million richer by now if he had accepted all those offers.'

'And you too manager Lee, million richer.'  I added, smiling at him. This is nice, I somehow feel at ease.

'JaeUck is really not the type of person that is after the money. He loves his craft and would always give his 100% percent in whatever he do, so he tends to be choosy. I guess it works the same with your company right?'

'True manager Lee, there are projects that we have to decline because it doesn't align with our mission.'

I turned at the door when I heard commotions. I saw several guys coming in with camera in hand. Some are the team heads we met during the meeting. My eyes moved to the tallest person at the back. It was hard not to miss him, he was the tallest and outshines everyone in the group. He is in all black today with a cap almost covering his eyes. He was laughing while telling a story to the guy beside him. He is definitely a walking danger, very dangerous Minyoung, someone off limits to you. Kre..kre..let's do that Minyoung, do well and avoid him.

I smiled at everyone, they smiled back at me, too. I busied myself looking at everyone except him.

'I feel sorry for director Sica for missing JaeUck-sshi'

I heard Yuri whispered to her assistant.

'Let's ask for a photo with him later..haha..she might get well with it.'

I smiled with their joke, thinking about Jessica trying her best to get up from her bed just to see JaeUck-ssi.

'Sajangnym it's good to see you again, I heard Jessica was sick.' the creative director apprached me and extended his hand. I accepted his hand and gave him a warm smile.

'Thank you, Jessica will be okay soon and will be handling this again. I hope its okay that I'm the one here.' I gave a short laugh.

'Of course, of course..' He came closer to whisper 'I heard you're actually better than Jessica, but don't tell her I told you.' We were both laughing at what he said.

I looked in our front and was surprised that JaeUck-ssi is already there. Manager Lee was saying something to him. He turned to me and gave a smile that almost melt my heart. I immediately sense that warm smile he gives everyone he meets. She gave a warm smile in return.

'Anyeonghaseyo Jaeuck-ssi.' She extended her hand 'My name is Park Minyoung and I will be leading your glam team for today.'

'Thank you sajangnym, it's an honor to be styled by the sajangnym herself. Please make me look cool and handsome, okay?' He was laughing while shaking my hands.

I doubt he needs help on that part, just by standing alone he already exudes charm. Even his normal stride is like walking in a runway. 'Ani, ani, it's our pleasure.' I turned to the creative director 'Shall we start?'

'Ne, of course!'

I showed the portfolio to him showing the first set of clothes. I looked at Yuri motioning her to give the clothes to JaeUck-ssi. I noticed that manager Lee and two more friend of him goes with him always. They all stayed outside the fitting room while JaeUck-ssi changed, they were still talking and would laugh often. I recognized the other guy was also part of his band.

I removed my coat and placed it beside my bag, I need to move freely.

'Sajangnym' Yuri called when JaeUck-ssi went out. I cleared my throat, swallowing a lump from seeing him up close this handsome. I took a deep breath and calmed myself before approaching him. I don't want to look like a fool infront of him. I stood in front of him touching the collar first and fixing it, then smoothing his shoulders until its sleeves, checking on the buttons. It was very difficult keeping myself in tight reign when I'm this close to him. I ignored his warm breath tickling the side of my face and the way his manly scent hit my noise. I noticed his soft skin that would surely feels like a silk and how his soft hair would always hit his forehead. I raised his arms, and made him turned around. I adjusted his belt, checked on the sides of his trousers, and raised the knee part to check on the socks and shoes. JaeUck-ssi keept on moving but I didn't mind, he keeps on talking with manager Lee and his friends as if I'm not there. I'm glad he doesn't mind me. I step back, putting my hand on my chin and looked at his clothes intently. I shook my head not satisfied with what I am seeing. I went back closer to him. I felt his gaze at me when I unbottoned the first three buttons of his long sleeve. My knuckles brushing his chest. My face is probably red by now, I cleared my throat to hide my uncomfort. I also untuck the side of the polo he is wearing.

'I like that style better MinYoung.' the creative director said behind me.

I looked at the creative director behind me, thankful for breaking my earlier thouhts. 'Really? I thought so. I feel off with the shoes though, it's different when you're seeing it for real.'

'Wow..you're very detailed MinYoung.' manager Lee commented.

'Yes, I'm sorry manager Lee, I always do editorial shoot so we have to make sure it will look correct the first time.'

'I never thought fashion is complicated.'

I laughed while adjusting the waistband of the trousers, glad JaeUck is talking with his friends again. 'It is complicated. I actually thought I won't graduate because I failed in some of my subjects.'

'Where did you graduate?'

'In UCLA.'

'Oh so you studied abroad. JaeUck's band had been there a lot of times for the Korean night when they have university festival. Right JaeUck?'

'What is it?' JaeUck asked looking at me.

'MingYoung here graduated from UCLA, I told her your band was a frequent guest in the Korean night.'

'Oh yes! That was Tae-hyun's favorite university, oh men, their after party was something. Right Tae-hyun?' JaeUck-ssi smirked at Tae-Hyun as if they have a secret.

I stilled for awhile when that night was mentioned. Did they come there yearly?

'We only attended one after party and that was it.' Tae-Hyun answered the question in my mind. I wonder why they didn't attend the other after party. It is normal that during the enttire festival week there is an after party.

I fixed the collar so JaeUck-ssi's back neck will be visible in case they decide to take a back shot. I noticed how his brows meet when Tae-Hyun answered. I wasn't watching him closely earlier and just noticed now how dark thick his brows. His lips that seems to be pouting always, aigoo he should be put in jail for being this good looking. His shoulders are broader now and arms firmer.

'Do you like what you see?' His lips broke into a smile when he noticed my brooding look at him. I step back when I realized his question.

'I was just joking sajangnym' he tapped my arms laughing.

I didn't know I'll be this close to him again. My best kept secret, he should never know.