Scandal

Forgotten Secret

I am in the middle of a meeting with Joon-Gi oppa, my friend way back in college who is now a professional photographer. Despite what happened in the past, I kept him as my friend and I will always be grateful for him. Studying abroad is tough but I was able to overcome it with the help of his company and other Korean friends.

I took a sip of my coffee while listening to his idea of a possible collaboration for a fashion show in Jeju this summer.

'..we can possibly get Walrus for our closing act?' he's eyes sparkling with excitement.

This guy never changed, he is still as fascinated as ever with Walrus. If he only knows what his fascination with that band brought me. But then I'm over it, I've accepted the fact that was an unfortunate event that no one planned. The band name doesn't send me chills anymore, I guess talking and seeing JaeUck helped a lot with that. Meeting and talking with JaeUck isn't so bad after all.

'Or probably BTS? So we can get a big publicity?' I suggested instead. I looked at the proposal in my hand. 'Who's producing this project by the way?' My phone in the table vibrated but I dismissed it. It's an unknown number, could be a spam I thought. After a few minutes the same number called again, I decided to answer it and excused myself from Joon-Gi oppa.

' Yeoboseyo?' 

'Oh Minyoung, this is manager Lee.'

I frowned upon hearing its manager Lee. I don't know why I always get nervouse everytime its related with JaeUck. I know I shouldn't be scared but I feel like I'm getting a scolding everytime someone from his management or team is calling me. 

'Oh de, manager Lee' slightly bowing even if I'm just in the phone with him. 'I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer you immediately I am in a meeting right now. But ne, how can I help you?'

'You see JaeUck is invited in a film festival next month, I was hoping you can accomodate him. I know you are also styling other actors and actress on that night but the management wants you to style him. I'm sorry if I ask you just now.'

'JaeUck oppa?' 

Yeah, I'm calling him that now because he blackmailed me that if I don't,  he's gonna post my photo in his account which he took without my permission while I was working in the office. I thought he was still sleeping in the couch, little did I know he was already awake and silently taking photos of me. I don't know if he's 36 or 16 with how he's trolling me. And he's still into flooding my sns if I don't reply, seriously, does he have a lot of time?

How did I end up enduring his company? It's probably for the good, maybe..just maybe if we become really good friends I would be able to tell my secret about him then I will be completely free from this burden. I still can't believe I've been 'rubbing elbows' with JaeUck for a couple of months already. I still have to remind myself to be careful with my dealings with him.

I feel bad manager Lee have to ask me, of course I can't decline him. That oppa will got a scolding from me, he should ask me himself. He probably thought I'll decline, we'll at first I might do that but of course I'll agree eventually, he always find all means to blackmail me.

I was about to hang up when I clearly heard JaeUck's voice? 'Did she agree?' That scheming old man! Is he using his manager Lee to find ways to piss me??

Came weekend, Joon-Gi oppa invited me and Jessica to go clubbing. I called Jessica on my way and she said she will just meet us there, she wouldn't miss this. Well, as a matter of fact when we went inside the club we saw her already dancing with her boyfriend. She saw us and pointed our table in the middle part of the club. We started drinking when we get to the table. After a while Joon-Gi oppa pulled me to the dancefloor. The music got so loud. I laugh watching Joon-Gi oppa dance, ah it was like way back in college. It feels good to be with him and just be carefree for tonight. Jessica and her boyfriend joined us in dancing after a while.

'MinYoung, I saw Jung-Suk oppa earlier.' Jessica shouted as we barely can't hear each other.

'Oh really? Let's chat with him later.' Jung-Suk oppa, an actor in Korea, is the son of omma's friend.

Jessica and her boyfriend went back to our table. I noticed Joon-Gi oppa was looking at someone and when I followed his gaze, I smiled and push him a little.

'Tss, just go and get her.' I told him getting a laugh from him. I wonder why this guy is still single, oh well, he might be also wondering why I'm still single. I remember how his girlfriend way back in college got jealous of me. She confronted me about it and the next thing I know, the two broke up. I didn't ask Joon-Gi oppa about it, that's his personal issue and not mine to ask anywa.

'Ga!' I pushed him more upon seeing that the girl seems to be interested on him as well. I went back to the table, I don't want to look like a fool dancing alone. I laugh with the jokes of Jessica's boyfriend. Jessica is waving at someone in the second floor so I followed her gaze.

I didn't recognized who it was until he removed his cap and waved it at me. I frowned when I saw a cigarette in between his fingers. Smoking is a turn-off for me but  he definitely looks hot leaning over the glass railing in his all black attire. I raised my eyebrow at him making him laugh. I turned to Joon-Gi oppa who was saying something to me. I looked up after a while and saw JaeUck's back with his cap back on his head and talking with a group of girls. I heard them laughing together which made me creased my forehead. I look at the girls one by one,  and recognized one or two of them are models. One girl would often touch JaeUck's arm from time to time. I took my glass and immediately empty it making Jessica looked at me. I picked another bottle and immediately drunk from it.

'Woah! Slow down will you? You're driving tonight MinYoung.' Jessica reminded me.

I don't know why I feel uncomfortable seeing other girls touching JaeUck oppa. I feel like my chest was tightening and something inside me has been drenched with a cold liquid. It was an ugly feeling, I think I'm not even making any sense right now.

I turned to Jessica who is almost screaming across the table, hands waggling in front of me. 'MinYoung, I saw JaeUck oppa again...ah. I'm so lucky tonight and oh my gosh is he dating? I wonder if it is one of the girls there.'

'Shouldn't you be mad that your bias is dating?' I hope that doesn't sound as bad as I am feeling right now.

'Oh Kim JaeUck from Walrus is here, MinYoung?' Joon-Gi oppa asked as well.

My gosh, I didn't realize I'm surrounded by his fans.

'What? I'm not a sasaeng fan MinYoung, I want him to be happy. His happiness is my happiness.' Jessica broke into my thoughts.

I looked at him again in the second floor, he was on the other side facing me but still with the girls. He looked at me and waved. I ignored him and empty the beer in my hand.

'Oh my gosh they look together..' Jessica squeeled again. 'I'm a shipper! I should get her name. Minyoung let's meet JaeUck oppa later.'

Go meet him yourself, I wanted to tell her.

'Yes, introduce me Sica okay?.' Joon-Gi oppa agreed. I can't believe this two, that man is also a human being like us, there's no need to gush everytime they see him. I opened another bottle getting another warning look from Jessica.

She's right, I should get a hold of myself, I don't understand why I'm feeling this way. I stood up and decided to go the rooftop to clear my head. I need some fresh air.

I was scooting my way in the middle of the crowd when someone held my wrist stopping me. His hands moved to my elbow pulling me closer to him. I smelled the familiar scent, a mixture of a manly perfume and a bit of cigarette. I scratch my noise trying to remove that itchy feeling I get everytime I smell a cigarette. My rising emotions earlier immediately turned into nervousness.

I looked up but couldn't see his face which is covered with mask and his cap. 'Oppa?' a soft uttered went out my mouth but he surely heard it with the way his eyes lit up. I really hate calling him that, it was like I was succumbing to him which I am not use to, it makes me all soft at him.

'Where are you going?' I still get goosebump everytime I hear his deep voice. 

I tried peeling my arm away from him but he hold it tightly.

'Outside, it's crowded here I need some fresh air.'

'I'll go with you.' he step forward, making me follow him.

'Ani..ani..' I quickly refused. He is excatly the reason why I need to clear my mind. He ignored what i said and continued walking. 

'Oh hyung!' He abruptly stop, I almost hit my head in his back.

'JaeUck? Sorry I could hardly recognize you with your cap and mask. Are you going home?' someone asked 'MinYoung?? what are you doing here?'

'Ne, annyeong Jung-Suk Oppa. I'm with -' I tried pointing at our table.

'Are you two together?' He was moving his eyes between us.

'Ani!'

'Yes'

Both of us answer the same time making Jung-Suk oppa laugh.

'Kre..kre..I believe.' his eyes darting at my arm held by JaeUck.

'Ya, it's not like that Jung-Suk oppa, I went he-' I'm probably all red with trying to explain, I don't even understand why I feel guilty.

'I said I believe Minyoung!' Jung-Suk oppa still laughing, JaeUck also laugh with him.

'I'll just go with Minyoung hyung. She need a breather.' JaeUck explained as well.

'Kre. Let's talk again later.' he tapped JaeUck's back before leaving us.

I walked ahead of him going to the elevator that will take us to the rooftop. I felt relieved that no one was there. JaeUck was standing behind me with his arms crossed infront of his chest.

'Are you drunk?' he asked slightly tilting his body so he can look at me. 

I was about to answer when a few people came to wait with us.

I felt his hand at the top of my head which made me look at him. He was also watching me, waiting for my answer. I could tell he was smiling behind the mask as his eyes we're also smiling.

'Ani. I had three bottles.'

The elevator finally opened, I waited for the passengers to come out before I went in. I scooted in the corner to avoid standing beside him, someone might recognize him. I almost shrieked when he pulled me to his side, making others looked at us, some were giggling.

'Mianhae.' I bowed, slighlt embarassed with what he did. I hit his back with my arm.

'Bwo?!' he replied feigning innocent. He caught my hand that I used to hit him, I wriggled but he just won't let go. My other hand was holding his waist cause if I won't my whole body will be leaning on him as he was slighly pulling my hand he was holding.

Once out from the elevator I spotted an empty bench in one side. Humid air hit my face, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, loving the silence.

'Palli oppa!' I called him, skipping my way to the bench. 

'Who are the guys with you and Sica?' JaeUck asked when we were seated.

'Oh that's her boyfriend and the guy in stripe is my friend way back in college, Joon-Gi oppa.' I stretched my legs, leaning my back comfortably.

'Ah yes, I remember you went abroad for college, in Los Angeles right?'

I turned to look at him, trying to see where the conversation is heading. I frowned when I saw him taking a cigarette from his pocket. 'Ya!' I took it, threw it to the floor and stomp my feet on it. I'll remember to pick that up later and throw it in the trash can.

'I almost thought it was omma!' he laugh 'You two should meet.' 

My eyes narrowed at him, I have no interest of meeting his omma. Haist, he shouldn't have come here with me. I want to be alone. 

He raised his one leg in the bench and sat facing me. 'Kre..kre Minyoungie' he slowly said tapping my back softly. He didn't remove it there but continued tracing circles at my back relaxing me. His head was tilted while watching me, after a while he ask  'Do you feel okay now?'

I looked at him from my side wondering how he can look calm amidst his chaotic life, I really admire him for that.

He took a deep breath and spoke 'Tell me what's bothering you?'

'Its nothing' I said softly. Why would I tell him? I'm even confused what's bothering me. I just remember I don't like other girls touching him. Aigoo, I must be out of my mind for feeling this way.

'You know what, I, myself doesn't like a lot of things in the world or even people. But then I realized I can not do anything to change how things are. I just choose to do what I want and be happy.' He was watching his hand that's on my shoulder now softly massaging it.

But how? My mind asked. 'Is that so oppa?'

He moved closer to me without breaking our eye contact. 'Kre Minyoungie, that's how I do life, I choose what makes me happy.' 

'What makes you happy?'

I frowned when he breaks out laughing with my serious question. I couldn't keep my eyes away from his neck where his adams apple keeps on moving along with his laughter. I raised my eyebrow at him finding it weird that he's laughing at my question. Seriously, there's nothing funny in my question. I looked around and nothing was funny as well.

'Mianhe..mianhe!' he continued, his hand is holding his stomach which is probably hurting by now.

'Are you seriously laughing at me?' I pointed at myself, then hit him in his chest with my hands because he can't just laughing. He caught my other hand and didn't let it go.

'Ani..ani..' he shook his head trying to control his laugh.

'Tss!'

'You know what, you look prettier when you are mad.' he laugh again.

'Ya!' I hit him again with my free hand that he also caught, now I can hardly move seating sideways facing him.

'Kre..kre..I'll be serious now.' He swallowed and looked at me but I still can see his eyes gleaming, which makes it hard for me to believe that he is serious. 'What's your question again?'

I looked at his thumb rubbing the back of my hand he is holding.

'Tss, forget it. I'm not getting a serious answer from you anyway.' I told him, trying to free my hands from his hold cause his thumb is disturbing me.

'Ande, ande..I'll answer you sincerely but will you believe me?'

I eyed him, trying to weight his question. But wait, I was the one who was asking and now he's asking me? Ah this is confusing me.

'Dangyeonhajyo!'

'What was your question again?'

I took a deep breath and slowly said 'What makes oppa happy?'

'You.' He answered slowly, looking deep into my eyes. 

I frowned in confusion.

He placed his hands in my cheeks, holding my face closely to him. 'Park Minyoung-ssi, you make me happy.'

I looked at him intently, It was hard for me to tell if he was serious since it was a bit dark plus with his cap and mask, it's really hard to tell. I felt his eyes moved to my nose down to my lips.

Wait..my mind screamed. Hold on..let me organize my thoughts, there's internal conflict. After a few minutes I understand what he said. I narrowed my eyes and blew the hair out of from my face, I gathered all my strength and pushed him away from me. I stood up and hit him wherever my hands can reach. He was almost lying in the bench laughing.

'Ya Minyoung that hurts!' he shouted complaining in between his laugh. I don't care anymore if we are getting attention, this man deserves all my hit for always trolling me. I pick the cigarette in the floor to throw in the trashcan I saw earlier and decided to leave him lying in the bench. The elevator door was about to close when he caught me, his arm went around my neck, holding me loosely. I elbowed him in the side making him grunt. He leaned in the elevator wall pulling me to his sides.

I ignored his arm around my neck. I looked up to him and cross my arms in front of my chest. 'Oppa, that's not funny.' I said pouting my lips.

He messed my hair smiling. 'Tss, it's the way you took it Minyoung. Have you been into relationship before?'

'Ya, what do you take me for? I'm already 33.'

'I know right? Weren't you the one caught dating with an actor before?' teasing her.

'Tss, that was a long time ago oppa, you don't have to mention that, we didn't even last.' I don't realized we reached the club until we were hit by a loud sound of music inside the club.

I walked ahead of JaeUck looking for our table, I was worried they left me already, I didn't realize I was gone for almost an hour.

'Ya, why did you took so long?' Jessica was about to scold me but change her tone when she saw the guy behind me. 'Oh my gosh, kre..kre..I know you got him for me.'

'Shut up!' I sat down, scooting inside to make room for JaeUck. 'Where's Joon-Gi oppa?'

'He already left, he's omma called him.' Jessica introduced her boyfriend to JaeUck being careful making sure someone is not listening.

The foods in the table made me hungry. I picked up the chopsticks while JaeUck took the beer. I eyed him, giving him a warning. He himself told me that when he gets drunk he would be asleep. He might possibly fall asleep here in the club.

'Just one bottle MinYoung.'

'Kre.'

'You two look like a 40 year old married couple do you know that?" 

I almost choked with Jessica's comment. How could she say that in front of JaeUck? Really she is embarassing me.

'How many grandchildren do we have then?' JaeUck was laughing at his question.

I just shook my head, feeling unlucky to be surrounded by kids tonight.


I was in the middle of putting moisturizer to my face when I get a message. I looked at the notif and dismissed it when I saw that it was from Jessica. What it is this time? Jessica really doesn't know how to respect my vacation. Good thing I decided that I will just open my phone at night. I decided to take a one-week vacation in my oehalmoeni's place in Gwangju. I've been here just for three days and Jessica keeps on bugging me despite telling her not to contact me unless it's important, besides mobile reception is weak in this place.

I frowned when I read her message.

Jessica: Oh my gosh MinYoung, I'm about to die. I couldn't believe this is happening. Help me, please, help me!!

Seriously what's with Jessica, did she and her boyfriend broke up? Or probably she's pregnant?? Oh my gosh, that pabo girl, her mom will kill her. I told her to always to take protection. I immediately dialled her number, worrying about her.

'MinYoung..MinYoungie..' she was almost crying on the other line.

'What is it Sica?' I tried to speak softly as oehalmoeni is already sleeping. 'You're making me worry, what happened?'

'MinYoung, JaeUck oppa is in a scandal!! Oh my gosh I'm going to die, this is his second scandal. I feel so bad for him.'

'What?' I can barely understand her as she seems to be crying.

'JaeUck is in a scandal!! Why? How could this happened?'

'Scandal?'

'Ne Minyoungie! The photo was released early today I've been trying to call you. How could you leave me here in this situation?'

'Ya! Calm -

'I'm sure it was him. You know I know him, I've memorized all his features, it was definitely him. It was in a club..'

'Club?' Oh my gosh, was it me? Did someone recognized him when we were in the rooftop? Oh my gosh!! I messed my hair not knowing what to do. But wait, I shouldn't be worried right? We're not dating, I don't have to feel guilty right?

'Ne, at the club. Remember when we went clubbing that was the night it was taken!'

I'm going to get crazy with this. There's a great possibility that it's me. Regardless if its true or not I realized getting involved in a scandal is bad. I immediately thought about JaeUck oppa, is he alright? He's probably worried being in the scandal again. I feel bad for him. How could I be careless bringing him to the rooftop? This is all my fault.

I tried calming myself. 'Did you see the face of the girl?'

'They covered it, but in time I will know.' she threatened giving me shivers.

'Ya, stop that. You said you're not a sasaeng fan.'

'Tss, I'm just saying MinYoung, if she truly loves JaeUck oppa she should have thought about the possibility of being caught. She probably asked him to go out! Aaahhh...That pabo girl. Once I recognize her...haaaaa!'

I put my phone away from my ears, her scream might break my eardrums. But yeah, she have a point there. 

Otoke?