with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 16

 

Luggage packed, ticket bought, everything’s set. Mrs. Im brought her luggage to the front door. She grabbed her daughter’s wrist and dragged her along with the luggage to the front door.

 

‘California, here we go~’ Mrs. Im complemented

 

There was a sudden swing on Mrs. Im’s right hand, but that didn’t cause her to loose grip on something she was holding.

 

‘Let me go!’ Her daughter said, swinging her hand trying to loosen the grip

 

‘I will let you go once we’ve arrived to California.’

 

‘Mom!!’ Yoona swung her hand with all her strength; breaking the grip between her and her mom ‘It will never change the fact that I love Yuri!!’

 

‘Shut up!!’

 

‘Mom!! Let me go, I don’t want to go to California.’

 

‘You are coming with me!!’

 

The elevator door opened and Mrs. Im pushed her daughter inside. The elevator lead them to the ground floor, Mrs. Im dragged her daughter again and out of the building. She waved her hand and a taxi came to her.

 

‘To the airport!’

 

---

 

Kwon Yuri was having watching TV in her lounge room. Somehow, she had predicted that something bad is already happening.

 

She the news channel, which was kind of unusual because it’s not like everyday she wanted to know how world is going on, but somehow, she had a feeling something bad is happening.

 

The news report showed picture of the Incheon Airport located in Seoul.

 

Good afternoon everyone, this is the news report. Recently, the country has been reported about several terrorist’ attack; another one happened this morning. It happened at 8:30am this morning, where a mother and a daughter headed for the flight to California. The mother was kidnapped, but fortunately, the daughter was rescued. It is advised by the police that citizens should remain in their households until they have captured the terrorist. Thank You.’

 

Then, the camera showed a familiar face, a face of a doe – eyed girl.

 

Not again!?

 

With that look on the camera, Yuri grabbed all her necessities and dashed out of her home.

 

---

 

When Yuri finally arrived at the airport, the police had already secured up the area, preventing anyone from going in. She saw Yoona sitting on a bench by the side of a shop, wrapped in a blanket.

 

Yuri quickly approached the girl and gave her a tight embrace. The doe – eyed continue to sob lightly while placing her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

‘I should’ve just obeyed her order, then we won’t have to linger in this airport long enough for those bloody terrorists to catch us!’ the girl cried

 

‘It’s okay, it’s not your fault, and you didn’t expect them to come here.’ Yuri patted the girl’s back gently

 

‘But still, if it wasn’t for me, mom would’ve gotten in the airplane and she wouldn’t be kidnapped right now!!’

 

‘Look, don’t worry too much about your mom, let the police handle it and get some rest, Yoona, you’ve got bags under your eyes.’

 

The girls pulled their embrace and Yuri held Yoona’s face by her right hand.

 

‘You’re right, I worry too much, and I guess I should get some rest.’

 

‘Let me take you home.’

 

With that said, Yuri held Yoona lightly and accompanied her back home.

 

---

 

Once they were home, both girls sat on the couch.

 

‘Stay with me.’ Yoona requested

 

Yuri looked at  the younger girl before her, she nodded.

 

‘I will stay with you as long as I live.’

 

The doe – eyed girl looked back and smiled in satisfactory.

 

‘C’mon, let’s get to bed, you need to rest.’ Yuri said bringing the girl with her to the bedroom.

 

Yuri laid Yoona on her bed and sat down right beside her. The latter starred back at her.

 

‘Can you accompany me to sleep?’

 

Yuri looked at her, then nodded again. She knew the girl needed some company. Yuri got on the bed and shared the blanket with Yoona, hugging her while going to sleep.

 

A/N: I apologize for the super late update :(