with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 5

Few days after Yoona’s first appearance, people are now getting use to her now. But somehow, nobody actually wanted to greet her. Kwon Yuri was probably the only person she knew ‘officially’ from the school so far.

 

Yoona is now having her biology class.

 

‘Alright class, this is your class project, it is due next week.’

 

The class yawned with annoyance.

 

‘You can get yourself a partner now.’

 

The class began to make noise, it grew louder and louder. Some people even moved their seats around, it was a total mess but the teacher totally ignored it.

 

‘Who hasn’t got a partner?’

 

Yoona’s hand shot right up. She saw another hand, just across her seat, raised up to the air as well.

 

‘Yoona and… Yuri. Okay, you guys can pair up together.’

 

‘It’s Yuri? She’s in my biology class? How come I never know that?’ Yoona was confused by the moment.

 

The bell rang and the teacher dismissed the class.

 

Yoona was quite surprise to hear that Yuri was in the class.

 

‘Does Yuri really hate me that much? I mean, she wouldn’t even tell me that she’s in my biology class.’ Yoona was angry; angry with the only girl she knew in school didn’t consider Yoona herself as a friend, or worse, not even a person that exists.

 

 -----------

 

Yuri arrived home after a short walk from the school. She was so deep into thinking what happened today and therefore, she is ridiculously tired. She fell asleep on her sofa.

 

Yuri was in the hospital. She saw a nurse pulling a bed out. A white blanket covered the bed and there was blood on it. Yuri was sure that the ‘someone’ was dead.

 

She demanded the nurse to stop walking so she could take a look at the face of the body. She slowly opened the white blanket and saw a girl with her eyes closed.

 

She recognize the face, it was Yoona.

 

‘No!’ Yuri woke up from her dream and screamed on the top of her lungs. Her heart was beating very fast and she was covered in sweat.

 

‘It’s only a dream, Kwon Yuri.’ She mumbled ‘It’s only a dream.’ 

 

-----------

 

Exactly one week later, Yuri woke up and found out that her biology project was the next day. Her partner, Yoona, also came to realize the problem.

 

‘Okay, we have stay up to do this.’ Yuri said to Yoona as she sat with her in her biology class.

 

‘I guess I don’t have any choice now, right, we’ll go to my home and do the work afterschool today, my mom wouldn’t allow me to go anywhere afterschool.’ Yoona said with a firm voice.

 

‘Okay fine, meet me outside the gate today afterschool.’

 

‘ Okay, see you then.’

 

The bell rang and school was finally over. Yoona did exactly what Yuri told her to do; she waited at the school gate. Yuri came to meet her up five minutes later; they took the bus to Yoona’s house.

 

They arrived to Yoona’s house and immediately walked up to Yoona’s room so they could waste no time to do their biology project.

 

‘Okay, we’ll do the research together.’ Yuri said with a firm voice ‘you’ll do the research for enzyme and I’ll do the one for digestive system, okay, let’s start.’

 

Yoona obeyed Yuri’s order and immediately her computer. Yuri also her laptop to start her research.

 

The research is harder than what both of them had expected and it had went on for hours and hours throughout the night. It’s now 11:30pm at night and both Yoona and Yuri are wanting to fall asleep.

 

‘God! This is going to take forever.’ Yoona yawned

 

12:00am

 

‘Finished!’ they both yelled in excitement

 

‘Yay! Finally finished!’ Yoona yawned ‘Hang on, I need to go to the toilet.’ She rushed to her bathroom, leaving Yuri behind.

 

When Yoona came back from the bathroom, she found Yuri lying on her own bed, apparently fast asleep. As she walked closer to Yuri, she found a tongue sticking out from Yuri’s mouth. Yoona nearly burst into laughter but she had her hand just in time to cover . She lied down beside Yuri and poked her face.

 

‘This girl… is so cute.’ Yoona mumbled and turned to Yuri’s face ‘If only you don’ t have the cold expression all the time, you’ll be perfect by then.’ Yoona smiled and held Yuri closer as she began to fall asleep.

 

‘Ah… so warm…’ she mumbled