with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 12

 

‘Yuri!’

 

Yoona started to panic as she sees the motionless body in front of her.

 

‘Yuri, wake up!!’ She shook Yuri’s body, hoping that the girl will open her eyes.

 

Yoona was about to roll Yuri over until she felt something wet on Yuri’s back.

 

‘Oh sh-t!’

 

The explosion had caused debris flying around, and Yuri must’ve got hit, she thought.

 

To stop the wound from bleeding too much, Yoona took off her jacket and wrapped it around Yuri’s back.

 

‘I hope this would help.’ She thought as she lifted Yuri onto her arms, despite the fact that her ankle is still not fully recovered yet.

 

Yoona was known to be a strong girl. In her old school, people used to call her Him Yoona just because of her unnatural human strength. Other than that, she also knows judo, it’s also why people were scared of her; they thought she was different

 

Yoona was not only known  for being strong physically, but also mentally.

 

However, it was the first time in her life that she was afraid of something. She wasn’t afraid of death or anything that a normal human being would be afraid of at a situation like this; she was afraid of the body she was carrying on her hands.

 

That’s strange, Yoona thought. Yuri was a nobody to her, so she’s suppose to feel nothing towards her. And yet, she’s afraid of losing her. Why is she feeling like this? Ever since the start of school, she already wanted to befriend Yuri. Why does this tanned girl make her feel like this? She’s just some random girl to Yoona.

 

Or is she?

As Yoona walked along the corridor, another explosion occurred, causing a deep hole to form on the ground.

 

‘What the hell? Can’t this day get any better?’ Yoona exclaimed

 

She put Yuri’s body on the ground, trying to think of a way to go across. She saw a rope hanging around the wall and walked towards it.

 

‘That should be alright.’ She thought as she tested the rope

 

Yoona tied the rope around her waist and lifted Yuri’s body.

 

‘Let’s hope this goes smoothly.’

 

She then swings the both of them across to the other side. Once she was on the other side, she immediately threw Yuri’s body over to the balcony. The body was hit hard on the floor, which caused Yoona to mouth a ‘sorry’ to Yuri.

 

Yoona didn’t have enough time to do that to herself, so she waited for the next round. She again, swung herself towards the other side. As she was half way across, the rope began to snap.

 

‘What!? C’mon, faster!’

 

There is no way she could make it on time            because the rope had snapped just when Yoona nearly had her hand on the balcony. She fell.

 

Actually, she didn’t fell because a hand grabbed her just in time to prevent her from falling into the hole. That hand belongs to Yuri.

 

‘Ahhhhh!’ Yuri grunted in pain as she stretched her body to grab Yoona’s hand while having her other hand gripping on the floor.

 

‘Hold on, I will pull you up.’ Yuri shouted as she tried to pull Yoona up.

 

Unlike Yoona, Yuri doesn’t have the supernatural strength. Not to mention, the pain in her injured back made it worst. Even though Yoona wasn’t heavy at all, Yuri’s body already made it heavy.

 

‘Let go of me then.’ Yoona shouted from below

 

‘What!? No!!’ Yuri shouted back

 

‘It’s the only way you can survive. One dying is better than two.’ Yoona’s eyes began to form tears.

 

Yuri remained speechless for a moment before she actually agreed with Yoona. It Yuri let go of Yoona right now, then yes, she may have a chance of surviving. But if she kept on holding Yoona, then the chances of both of them surviving would be slim.

 

‘NO!’ Yuri thought for the moment. She can’t afford to lose Yoona, she can’t let history repeat itself like how it happened with Seohyun. Especially when Yoona meant more than a friend to Yuri.

 

‘Then we die together!’ Yuri shouted back to Yoona.

 

Yoona was taken aback by the response. What does that mean?

 

‘Why? Why are you doing this for me?’

 

‘Cause I love you, idiot!!’ Yuri screamed on the top of her lungs

 

Yoona remained speechless for the moment. She wasn’t dreaming, is she? She pinched her face just to make sure. No, she wasn’t dreaming.

 

Yoona was happy and sad at the same time. Happy the fact that Yuri actually sees her more than a friend. But sad by the fact that she is about to leave the world. Why does god had to be so cruel? Why can’t god just let them live happily after and make it the end of the story?

 

‘Hang on!!’ Yuri shouted again as she use all her remaining strength to pull Yoona up.

 

She did it, within the last few minutes and her remaining strength, she finally pulled the younger girl up. Yuri was lying on the floor, catching her breath.

 

Yoona got to the side of Yuri and examined her body, making sure that she was still okay after the exhausting ‘exercise’.

 

‘You mean it, right?’ Yoona asked, making sure of what Yuri had said earlier.

 

‘What?’ Yuri said, still catching her breath

 

‘Well… the things you’ve said, you said you…like me.’

 

‘Hey, I didn’t say that!’

 

‘Yes you did!’

 

‘No I didn’t! I said I love you!’ Yuri had enough air in her lungs to shout now, making sure that Yoona heard it loud and clear.

Yoona leaned forward to Yuri’s forehead, until they can both feel their hot breathe against each other. Then Yoona placed her lips on Yuri’s. They pulled away from the kiss about 30 seconds later.

 

‘Me too.’ Yoona said as she stared Yuri lovingly at her eyes

 

-----------

 

Yuri saw a couple of figures coming by.

 

‘We are safe for now.’ she smiled

 

‘I know.’

 

‘You know? How’d you know?’

 

‘Cause I had you.’ Yoona said as she laid her head on top of Yuri’s chest.

 

Well, god isn’t that cruel after all.

 

A/N: Sorry for being a cliff hanger last time.