with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 11

 

Yoona was sleeping on Yuri’s shoulder until she heard a loud thunder, which echoed through the Auditorium. She woke up only to see a piece of darkness in front of her.

 

‘What da____’

 

Yoona reached her phone and used it as a torch to see what was happening.

 

‘Yoona! Yoona!’

 

Yoona turned and saw Yuri sitting besides her.

 

‘Let’s get out of here!’

 

-----------

 

Both girls searched their way through the darkness to find the exit. With the help from Yoona’s phone, they managed to find it at last.

 

The exit leads them to a long corridor. Without any hesitation, both girls ran as fast as they could to escape from danger.

 

Half way through, the ceiling  collapsed. Fortunately, Yuri was able to run through just in time, but unfortunately, Yoona wasn’t able to do that. Her right leg was trapped under the pile of bricks that came from the ceiling earlier a while ago.

 

‘Yoona!’ Yuri ran towards Yoona.

‘Urgh!!!! It’s trapped!’ Yoona yelled as she tried to pull her right leg out.

 

‘Here, let’s try together!’ Yuri said as she placed her hand on the pile of bricks, trying to remove it along with Yoona. Unfortunately, they were both not strong enough.

 

‘Sh-t!’ Yoona said.

 

‘Come on, let’s do it again then.’ Yuri yelled as she put her hands on the pile of bricks again.

 

‘No! Yuri!’ Yoona yelled and removed Yuri’s hands ‘it’s no use! Save your strength and get out of here! We’re both not strong enough for this.’

 

‘There’s must be something else we can try, hold on, let me________’

 

‘Shut up! Shut UP!!’ Yoona screamed in the top of her lungs as tears started to form on her eyes ‘Please! I beg you, save yourself.’

 

‘No! You shut up! There must be some way.’ Yuri insisted as she tried to pull Yoona leg again.

 

Yuri continued to pull onto Yoona’s right leg until she finally got it out.

 

‘See? I told you there must be a way out of this.’ Yuri said with an I-told-you-so smile

 

She held out a hand and helped Yoona stand up. The younger girl got up, took a few steps and stumbled back to the ground.

 

‘Hey,’ Yuri rushes to Yoona ‘you okay?’

 

‘Yeah, I’m fine.’ The girl stood up and stumbled back on the ground again

 

‘Aish…’ Yuri sighed ‘Here, get on my back.’

 

‘What? No!’

 

‘Either you get on my back so we can get out of here or we wait here and die.’

 

‘Alright…’ Yoona awkwardly hopped on to Yuri’s back and wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck.

 

-----------

 

Meanwhile, outside of the school, two firefighters were talking to each other.

 

‘How’s the situation?’

‘Bad, the building’s inner core has been bombed by terrorists but we’ve manage to evaporate most of the students. Some people are still trapped inside the building, we are now sending troops inside.’

 

‘God… what are those people thinking anyways? Those kids are innocent.’

 

‘I know right? Well… I just hope nobody dies tonight.’

 

-----------

 

‘Urgh!! The exit’s blocked!!’ Yuri said when she reached the exit and found a pile of bricks in front of her, blocking the exit. ‘This is just great!’

 

‘We can through the science department and exit from that direction.’ Yoona suggested

 

‘Yeah, that would take a lot more time to get out of this freaking place.’

 

Well… we don’t much choice do we?’

 

‘Let’s go then.’

 

-----------

 

‘Yuri? Am I heavy?’ Yoona suddenly asked since she felt the sweat on Yuri’s neck

 

‘It’s okay, I can still handle it.’

 

‘Let’s rest for a bit.’ Yoona suggested

 

So Yuri gently put Yoona down on the floor and leaned against the wall. They rest for a bit before they continue their walk. Until, Yoona suddenly requested

 

‘Hey, you don’t need to carry me anymore, I can walk myself.’ Yoona stood up and walked, assuring the girl standing besides her that she doesn’t need to be carried.

 

‘Alright, if that’s what you wanted.’

 

The two girls continued walking since Yoona’s leg hasn’t fully recovered yet. Yuri offered her shoulder for Yoona’s support but the younger girl refused to be helped.

 

They continued walking until one of the science lab exploded, causing millions of debris flying around.

 

‘Look out!’

 

Yuri quickly hugged Yoona to protect her. The explosion sent the two girls falling to the ground.

 

‘Ah...’ Yoona rubbed her head ‘Yuri?’

 

Yuri was lying right beside her with her eyes closed, not moving a single muscle.

 

‘Yuri!’