with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 8

Yuri immediately let go of  the white blanket when she realize the body lying on the bed isn’t Yoona. She was shocked and happy at the same time; shocked by the fact she opened the blanket of the wrong body, happy by the fact that Yoona might still be alive.

 

Right now, she is supposing to feel embarrassed, but it seems the happiness inside her head had overwhelmed her. She quickly close the blanket and ran to the nurse who directed her to the operation room earlier.

 

‘Sorry, I meant the passenger that was sent here, not the driver.’

 

‘She’s still in the operation room over there.’ The nurse pointed ‘On the right hand-side, not the left one.’

 

Yuri walked over to the room and saw the operation lights on. She sat on one of the chairs and waited.

 

‘You’ve taken everything away from me, you’re not taking away my Yoona, no, not this time. Even though you’re the boss, I am not going to let you do that any more.’

 

-----------

 

Several hours later, a bed was pushed out of the operation room. Yuri stood up at once and looked at the person lying on top. Fortunately, the girl was not covered with a bloody white blanket; instead, she was wearing an oxygen mask and remained unconscious.

 

‘She’ll be fine, the operation went on smoothly.’ A voice said

 

Yuri turned around to see the doctor.

 

‘Thank you so much,’ Yuri smiled ‘for saving her.’

 

The doctor smiled and went away.

 

Yuri followed Yoona’s bed.

 

‘Glad you’re okay, Yoona.’

 

-----------

 

Yuri looked through the glass window to see the unconscious Yoona, she watched as Yoona’s stomach moved up and down, meaning that she’s still alive but only asleep.

 

‘You can go and watch her over if you want to, she’ll fine for now.’ Said the nurse as she walked away.

 

Yuri opened the door and went towards Yoona’s position. She sat on the chair and looked at Yoona’s beautiful face.

 

‘I’m sorry for what I’ve done earlier in school that day, it’s just that…’ Yuri sighed ‘I don’t just consider you as a friend of mine, you mean something more than that to me, you see?’

 

‘In the beginning, I already fell for you.’ Yuri took a deep breath ‘I wanted you more than anything else in the world, but I am afraid that if I do have feelings towards you, I might lose it.’

 

‘God simply takes away everything in my life; my parents, my friends and even my dearest Unnie.’ Yuri touched Yoona’s hands ‘It made me suffer like hell when I lose her, and that is where I tell myself that if you love more, you suffer more.’

 

Yuri suddenly felt something moving on her hands, she let go of Yoona’s hands and realized that Yoona who is moving her thumb. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Yuri.

 

‘Yuri…’ Yoona said with a fragile voice

 

‘Yes, I am here.’ Yuri smiled ‘You feeling okay?’

 

‘Yeah…’

 

‘Here, get some more rest.’

 

‘How long have I been asleep?’

‘Well… a few hours, I guess.’

 

Yoona smiled and looked at Yuri, she had heard the whole conversation during her time with her eyes closed, she decided to ask for more when she gets better.

 

‘You’ve got some story telling to do later on, Yuri.’ Yoona thought

 

-----------

 

Few months later, Yoona’s mom was back from her working and had found out that Yoona was in a car accident. She arrived to the hospital to visit her doctor.

 

‘Omo, how are you my dear?’ Mrs. Im said

 

After the car accident that day, Yoona had broke her right arm and left leg. Even after few months, she still needs to stay in the hospital  just to be sure.

 

‘Took you long enough to get here.’

 

‘You know my job, dear.’ Mrs. Im said ‘I still need to get to the airport to catch a flight later on today, I’ll just leave some money for you, okay? Take care, dear!’ Mrs. Im said as she leaned forward to kiss her daughter’s forehead.

 

‘Okay mom, whatever you say.’ Yoona moaned with annoyance

 

Yoona’s mom left after putting the money beside Yoona’s bed.

 

‘Life is boring, I’d rather go to school…’ Yoona thought

 

Just then, a hand touched her shoulder.

 

‘Mom, what do you_________’ Yoona stopped as soon as she realizes that the person wasn’t her mom.

 

‘Hey, Yuri.’

 

‘How’re you doing?’

 

‘Fine, got a lot better today.’

 

A sudden thought came to Yoona about the conversation a few months ago, she wanted to ask Yuri about it.

 

‘Yuri…listen, I wanted to ask you this long time ago.’

 

‘Go ahead.’ Yuri smiled

‘Well… the day I fell unconscious during PE, why were you crying when you got me to the sick bay?’

 

‘Well…I got sand in my eyes.’

 

‘That’s not what you said the other day when I ask you this question, Yuri. I want to know the truth.’ Yoona demanded

 

‘What truth? What are you talking about?’

 

‘Is it something to do with your unnie?’

 

‘Oh… so you’ve heard it.’

 

‘Yep, and I’m not gonna rest until you tell me the truth to this whole thing.’

 

Yuri sighed, it seemed that there is no way she could get away with it now.

 

‘Alright, I will tell you everything then.’