with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 1

The bell rang and Yoona went to her new locker to put her stuff in. It’s lunchtime and since Yoona is new to school, she would have to sit by herself to eat her lunch.

 

Just then, three boys walked towards Yoona.

 

‘Hey baby, wanna eat with us?’ said one of them in a erted tone.

 

These are the kind of boys that your mom would tell you not to go near them and Yoona knows very well about that.

 

‘Um… no thanks.’

 

Yoona stood up and walked away. One of the boys grabbed her hand.

 

‘But we wanted to eat with you, now sit down and eat with us now!’

 

‘I said no thank you!’ Yoona said as she tried to break free from the boy, but her strength was no match to a boy.

 

‘I think you better let go of her.’ a voice called.

 

Yoona turned around and saw the girl that sat beside her earlier this morning, Yuri.

 

‘Oh yeah? Yuri, what have you got against me?’

 

‘You know very well what I am capable of.’ Yuri gave the boy a stare, which made all three of them, let go of Yoona’s hand. The boy turned to Yoona.

 

‘You’re very lucky today, let’s go boys!’

 

The three boys finally walked away. Yoona turned to Yuri, giving her a thankful look.

 

‘Hey, thanks for…’

 

Yuri walked away before Yoona can finish her sentence. She had experienced what had happened just now and doesn’t feel safe to be alone again, so she followed Yuri.

 

‘Hey, can I eat lunch with you today?’

 

Yuri turned around to Yoona.

 

‘I prefer eating alone, now if you excuse me…’

 

‘Please?’

 

Yuri felt annoyed, it seems like she can’t get rid of this girl, so she nodded and let Yoona followed her. They went inside the Auditorium, where there is preferably nobody inside this big empty space. Yuri sat on one of the seats and started eating her lunch; Yoona sat beside her and started doing the same.

 

The bell rang, meaning that it’s end of lunchtime. Yuri stood up and was ready to get to her next class.

 

‘Hey, um… I just wanna say thanks for what happened just now. Listen, can I eat lunch with you for tomorrow as well? Since I am new to the school…’

 

But Yuri ignored her and walked away from Yoona.

 

‘Okay, fine! Who wants to eat with you anyways!’ she mumbled

 

Yoona watched as Yuri walked away. She had a weird feeling about this girl that the emotionless shell of her outside isn’t her real self.

 

‘Something must have happened to her.’ Yoona thought as she grabbed her belongings with her to her next class.

-----------

 

Yuri looked at her timetable; it’s math now. She walked to her locker and grabbed her math textbook. She headed down to her math classroom and sat on her seat. Math had always been Yuri’s worse subject since she never had the determination to pay attention during class. Today, she stared out the window just as usual.

 

Yuri stared at the sky, looking at the clouds and the trees. Seconds later, she noticed a bird flying, she wondered.

 

‘How nice to be a bird, no studying, no…’

 

Just then, the sudden thought of something else rushed through her mind. To her surprise, she is now thinking about the girl that sat with her during lunch, Yoona.  The bell rang and the lesson is finally over. Yuri shook her head and realizes that she is thinking of something that she can’t be possibly thinking of.

 

‘I can’t let history repeat itself, I can’t.’ she thought for the moment and grabbed her belongings to her next class.