with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 2

 

The next day, Yoona got dressed and got into her mother’s car as usual.

 

‘So how’s school?’

 

‘Fine.’

 

‘Made any friends yet?’

 

‘Not yet.’

 

‘It’s ok, these things need time, I’m sure you’ll get to know a lot of them by the end of the year.’

 

Yoona ignored her mother and continued to stared at the sky. Twenty minutes later, they arrived at the school. Yoona went up to her locker to place her belongs, just as she was about to walk away, she saw Yuri walking to her locker.

 

‘Hi’ Yoona said miserably.

 

Yuri ignored her just like yesterday and went to her locker to place her belongings.

 

‘What are you playing at? Why are you acting like this?’ Yoona thought ‘whatever, who wants to be friends with you anyways…’

 

Annoyed by Yuri’s bold attitude, Yoona went for her first period of class.

 

School was just as miserable and boring as yesterday, until it was lunchtime, where Yoona find herself being alone again. Scared of what happened yesterday, Yoona went to find Yuri in the Auditorium but has found no one insight.

 

Yoona walked out of the Auditorium and went into the canteen. It was crowded with people, so she walked out of it. As Yoona walked away from the canteen, she went to the basketball court and sat on the bench to eat her lunch.

 

‘Hey, this is our land.’ a voice called out.

 

Yoona looked up and saw a gang heading towards her.

 

‘Uh… I’m sorry.’ Yoona stood up and grabbed her belongings. She was ready to walk away from the basketball court when someone grabbed her hand again this time.

 

‘You need to pay us a fine, Miss. Fifty dollars in total for sitting on our bench.’

 

‘What! But I don’t have enough money!’ Yoona thought for the moment as she reached for her wallet. The leader of the gang saw that Yoona broke.

 

‘No money huh? Well, that mean’s you need to know the consequences, girl. I’m a guy, and I don’t hit girls…’ the leader said as two boys walked from behind him ‘get her boys.’

 

Seeing that there is no Yuri to protect her this time, Yoona tried negotiating with the leader.

 

‘H…Hey, I am new to this school, give me a chance, boss.’

 

‘Well then, we’ll teach you our rules now!’

 

The two boys each grabbed Yoona’s shoulder, another boy came out from the gang, he raised his hand and was ready to slap her on her face. Yoona closed her eyes, hoping that some kind of miracle would happen. To her surprise, it did.

 

Just seconds away from being slapped, a hand shot out from nowhere and stopped the incident from happening. Yoona opened her eyes and saw Yuri standing beside her, grabbing the boy’s hand.

 

‘She’s new, you don’t need to be that harsh.’

 

‘What’s the matter, she’s not your new girlfriend, isn’t sh ____’

 

Yuri grabbed the leader’s collar and gave him an angry stare.

 

‘Look, I warn you, don’t you ever talk about my past.’ She whispered as she let go of the leader’s collar, not knowing that Yoona heard the whole thing standing beside her.

 

‘All you want is money, I’ll pay for her then, fifty bucks isn’t it?’ Yuri placed the money in his hand. ‘Let her go.’

 

The leader ordered the two boys to let Yoona go and soon walked away.

 

‘Hey, thanks again_____’

 

‘You have gotten yourself into enough trouble already and I’m tired of cleaning the mess up for you.’ Yuri said as she ran away showing the anger on her face.

 

‘It’s not like you have to…’ Yoona thought for the moment.

 

She watched as Yuri ran away. She hated Yuri’s attitude but she had to admit that Yuri had once again, saved her from the step going into hell.

 

-----------

 

Yuri ran towards her locker.

 

‘What are you doing? Kwon Yuri…’ a voice began questioning herself in her mind ‘you shouldn’t have helped her from the beginning; remember what happened during your past? Remember how you have suffered for the past few years?’

 

Yuri stared at her schedule, having flashbacks of her past.

 

‘You swore you won’t let it ever happen again, remember?’

 

Yuri wasn’t able to get rid of the voice in her head. She continued staring at her schedule. Just then, something caught her eye and made the voice in her head stopped vibrating.

 

‘Oh, god… it’s P.E.’