with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 14

 

It’s 8:00pm in the evening and it is the time where Yuri’s favorite TV drama will be broadcasted. She the TV, which was located in front of her bed, and took a bag of peanuts to eat while watching her favorite show.

 

Just as the show was about to start , she saw a certain doe-eyed girl, with a familiar face, standing beside the door to her room, soaking wet.

 

Yuri looked at the girl with confused eyes ‘I thought she just visited me this afternoon.’ She thought

 

The doe-eyed slowly walked towards Yuri and sat on a chair next to her. She seemed different from before, Yuri could tell that from her eyes, all she could see was sadness and pain. Something bad must’ve happened.

 

‘Hey, what happened?’ she looked at the doe-eyed, who was now facing the ground

 

There was no response.

 

Yuri looked at the girl. She knew something had happened. She knew the girl was crying because she can hear the sobs. Most of all, she knew Yoona is in pain right now. But what can she do? After all, She knew nothing of what happened to Yoona.

 

She turned off the TV and sat up on her bed. Yoona was still crying. So Yuri extended her very long arms to Yoona and pulled her head on her chest for an embrace.

 

Even though the doe-eyed was busy crying, she was surprised at the tanned girl’s action.

 

‘Yul…’

 

But she soon fell in silence when she felt the warmth that was sent from Yuri’s body. It was so comfortable and cozy that no other words can be used to describe this embrace. It wasn’t their first embrace, but Yoona felt somewhat special; she felt safe, warm and most of all, she was really comfortable inside Yuri’s embrace.

 

‘It’s okay,’ Yuri whispered to Yoona’s ear ‘I’m here with you.’ With that, Yoona smiled.

 

‘You want something to eat? I will buy you something from the canteen.’ Yuri broke the hug and stepped on the floor, walking towards the exit.

 

She was somehow stopped by a pair of arms, which was wrapped around her abdomen.

 

‘I’m not hungry, no, please don’t leave me alone.’ Yoona said

 

‘Are you going to tell me what happened?’ Yuri asked

 

Yoona didn’t respond.

 

‘I’m leaving~’ Yuri slowly began to unwrap the pair of arms on her abdomen.

 

‘No! Please! I will tell you everything.’

 

So the two found their ways back to the bed

 

-----------

 

Yoona told Yuri everything that happened just a few hours before.

 

‘And I earned myself a slap from my own mother.’ Yoona finishes the sentence

 

Yuri felt bad for forcing Yoona to tell her everything that happened with her mom. Why did she ask? Why did she have to be so curious? If only she wasn’t so curious and just give comfort to the girl, she wouldn’t be feeling bad like now, moreover, maybe the girl wouldn’t be reminded of her bad memory.

 

‘I’m… I’m sorry, Yoona.’ Yuri apologized, still feeling very bad.

 

‘It’s fine, what’s done is to be done.’

 

Yoona slowly wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck and leaned closed to the tanned girl. She laid her head on Yuri’s chest.

 

‘Can I stay like this for a while?’

 

‘Sure. As long as you like.’

 

Yoona soon fell asleep with the warmth sent from Yuri’s body.

 

Just then, a nurse came in to the room and saw the scene of Yuri and Yoona. She gasped. Yuri quickly put her fingers on , signaling a quiet sign. The nurse nodded and quietly went out of the room.

 

‘Yoona.’

 

‘Mmmmm…’ The sleeping girl mumbled

 

‘You know your back is going to hurt, right?’

 

‘Mmmmm…’ the sleeping girl flinched a bit

 

Even though Yoona said it was only for ‘a while’, Yuri knew that ‘while’ meant a night.

 

‘Not only your back, my neck’s going to hurt too.’ Yuri sighed ‘This going to be a rough night.’ She fell asleep.

 

But if it was for Yoona, none of these would have mattered for Yuri anyways.

-----------

 

The next day, Yoona went back home. It’s a good thing that yesterday was only a Saturday; she still had one more day to recover from her mother’s slap the day before yesterday.

 

She opened the front door only to see the house empty. She sighed, happy and sad at the same time. She was glad that she wouldn’t had to face her mom but she missed her, for a very particular reason.

 

She goes in to the living room and puts her bag on the nearest couch.

 

‘Where were you last night?’ a voice called out

 

The unexpected sound was of course, from her frowning mother.

 

‘That’s none of your business.’ Yoona coldly replied

 

‘None of my business? You are my daughter and I have the right to take care of you!’

 

‘Really, well then, where were you when I was in the hospital? Where were you when I was in coma? Where were you when I needed you the most?’ Yoona began to fill her eyes with tears.

 

‘I was working for your sake, I was providing what you need…’

 

‘I said I don’t need money. You still don’t understand it, don’t you?’ Yoona coldly said

 

‘It’s that Yuri isn’t it?’

 

Yoona turned around to look at her mother in her eyes by the sound of the name mentioned.

 

‘She’s the one telling these things, isn’t she?’

 

‘Mom, it has nothing to do with her, this is all my own…’

 

‘THAT’S IT!! YOU ARE LEAVING THIS PLACE!! YOU ARE LEAVING KOREA, LEAVING THIS SCHOOL AND YOU’RE LEAVING THAT BLOODY KWON YURI!!’ Her mom cut her off and exploded in anger

 

Yoona’s eyes were wide in shock. This is the first time she saw her mom being that angry.

 

‘I’ll be calling the school tomorrow, you will not need to go to school anymore.’ Her mom then dragged the daughter’s hand with her and went along to Yoona’s room.

 

She violently swung her daughter inside the room and closed the door, locked. She could hear her daughter screaming abrasively on the other side of the door, but she decided to ignore it.

 

‘And you will not be seeing that Kwon Yuri, ever again.’ Mrs. Im then walked away from the door.