with greater love, comes greater suffering

with greater love, comes greater suffering

 

Chapter 3

 

Yuri changed into her P.E. kit and went to the gym. As usual, she saw her classmates as well as Yoona sitting on one of the bench alone. All the other girls filled up the seats, so Yuri had to sit with Yoona. The P.E. teacher came in few minutes later.

 

‘Alright, everyone, I want you all to get a partner.’

 

Before Yoona came to this school, the teacher always gave Yuri permission to be left alone for the lesson. But with Yoona’s existence,

 

‘Yuri, you can pair up with Yoona. She’s new, so take care of her, alright?’

 

‘Um… ok’ Yuri signed as she walked towards Yoona.

 

‘Alright now, everyone, we’re doing handstands today. All of you please move against a wall for support. You will be doing it one by one meaning that when you’re doing it, your partner will help you by holding your waist. Alright now, let’s get started.’

 

‘Holding her waist? Are you kidding?’ Yuri thought for the moment.

 

‘So who’s doing it first?’ Yoona asked.

 

‘I will, and I don’t need you holding my waist.’ Yuri said in a bold voice as she turned herself upside down against the wall.

 

‘Fine, it’s not I wanted to anyways…’ Yoona mumbled as she watched the demonstration done by Yuri.

 

After watching Yuri doing it, Yoona went towards the wall.

 

‘Hey, hold my waist.’

 

‘My name is Yuri, not Hey.’ Yuri responded in an annoyed tone. She walked towards Yoona and held her waist.

 

 Trying to avoid touching her as much as possible, she slowly removed her hands away and tried to keep a distance away from her.

 

‘Hey, hold on… don’t_________’ Yoona screamed as she started to fall.

 

Yuri immediately shot her hands out to hold on to Yoona’s waist. But it was too late, Yoona fell on the ground with a loud ‘bump’, it had caught everyone’s attention.

 

‘Are you okay?’ Yuri whispered to Yoona.

 

Yoona’s body remains motionless with her eyes closed.

 

‘What happened, Yuri?’ the teacher ran towards Yuri.

 

‘I need to take her to the sick bay.’ she grabbed Yoona’s body and ran upstairs to the sick bay room.

 

‘It’s all my fault, I shouldn’t leave you alone.’ Yuri whispered as she ran towards the sick bay, holding on Yoona’s body. ‘Oh god, please don’t let anything happen to her, please.’ Yuri whispered again as tears began running down her face.

 

They had arrived to the sick bay.

 

‘She’ll be alright, will she?’

 

‘Yeah, she’s just too scared, she’ll be fine.’

 

‘Are you a hundred percent sure about this?’

 

‘YES!! For god’s sake, now go back to class!’

 

Yuri went back to her P.E. class. With Yoona missing, means that she has to be alone again.

 

‘How could this have happened?’ she asked herself ‘I can’t be in love with her, it’s impossible, how could this have happened?’

 

Yuri was now confused, she tried to stop the voice vibrating within her head, but she couldn’t. She simply can’t stop thinking about Yoona right now.

 

-----------

 

Yoona woke up from the unconsciousness.

 

‘Huh, where am I?’

 

‘You have been unconscious for the last hour, someone brought you to this sick bay’ said the nurse, whose sitting next to her.

 

Yoona looked around the place filled with white tiles.

 

‘Who brought me here then?’

 

‘I didn’t ask her name, but I think she’s in your class and she’s one of your close friends too.’

 

‘Why are you so sure about that?’

 

‘Well… she was crying when she got here. After I checked whether you have broken bones or what so ever, she looked worried even then.’

 

‘What? How can “she” be worried about me?’ Yoona thought for the while.

 

‘Anyways, I think you should get to class now.’

 

Yoona walked out of the sick bay, still having the question stuck in her head.

 

‘Why is “she” crying? I don’t remember having any friends in this school yet. Who is the “she”?’ Yoona mumbled.

 

Yoona walked out of the sick bay, she saw Yuri, who was standing just outside the door, waiting for Yoona.

 

‘Hey… I am sorry about today’s accident.’ Yuri said it in an awkward tone

 

‘It’s okay… I am still alive.’

 

Yoona was about to walk away, when Yuri called her name.

 

‘Hey… um… Im Yoona, right?’

 

Yoona turned to Yuri.

 

‘Yeah?’

 

‘Can you eat lunch with me tomorrow? I wanted to make up something to apologize, so allow me to buy you a lunch.’

 

‘It’s okay, you really don’t need to________’

 

‘Please, it would make me feel better.’

 

‘Fine, if you really wanted to.’

 

‘Thank you, we’ll meet tomorrow lunch time in the Auditorium again.’ Yuri smiled and walked away.

 

Yoona cast a suspicious look to Yuri as she walked away. It was the first time she saw Yuri smile. It was beautiful, totally magnificent that it made Yoona became addicted to it; she had fallen for Yuri already.