Negligent

Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I heard the eerie voice, I could hear clacking sounds went closer and louder towards me. It was the sound of branded stilettos.

 

‘It’s Myungsoo’s girlfriend.’ Myungsoo? Was that Myung’s real name?

‘And why’re you here? Trying to steal something?’ The nasal voice started to get on my nerves. Plus, she accused me of trying to steal. I’m not that pathetic.

 

‘Aniyo. I’m just taking a walk around.’ I answered politely but I didn’t know how long the politeness would last.

 

‘Ahh.. Trying to get used to this place, eh? Well, don’t even try, child because you won’t be staying here for long.’ Her eyes were staring at me with disgust, so I tried to look away. I kept myself shut because I was afraid that bad words would come out of my mouth.

 

 

‘Omma! What are you doing here?’ A familiar voice echoed through the place.

 

‘Woohyun honey… Omma’s just keeping an eye on this child. Who knows, she might be stealing something from this house.’ She patted Woohyun’s cheeks, lovingly. That’s weird, seeing her and her playful son together. They’re just perfect with each other.

 

‘It’s okay, Omma. I just wanted to say that your friends just called and they’re asking about…’ Woohyun couldn’t finish his sentence when his mother spoke.

 

‘Oh my god! I almost forgot the things that I ordered. Gumawo, son. I’ll be leaving but keep an eye on this girl.’ She said hastily as she walked out of the room, leaving me and Woohyun alone, again!

 

***

 

‘I’m sorry, son for asking you to move here so drastically.’ Myungsoo’s father said in a fatherly tone.

 

‘But why? Was it still not enough?’

 

‘Your Aunt Joori suggested that you and the girl to stay here. She’s going to be a part of our family, so I just wanted to know her better. Her attitude, her likes, her skills…’

 

‘Sorry if I’m rude, Father. But does it means that you already knew Jung Rika better when you asked me to marry her?’ Myungsoo cut his father’s words. But then, his father let out a deep sigh.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter