Chapter 23

That can't be true .

 

FLASHBACK

 

“How’s Myungsoo doctor ?Is he okay? He’s going to be fine right ?Nothing happened to him right ?,” you asked the doctor. “ The doctor slowly put his hands on your shoulder trying to calm you down. You look straight into the doctor’s face , waiting for him to reply. Then the doctor slowly reach for his spectacles and said while looking at you “I’m sorry , we’ve done our best but he … he can’t seem to be saved anymore… we need a heart donor as soon as possible because his heart had completely malfunctioned. I am so sorry Ms. _____,” he rub your shoulder with his thumb. You felt a sudden shock like a thunder just shot on your heart. “ Since when did he have this disease ?,” you ask the doctor. “ I guess he’s born with it.,” You slowly got down and cupped your mouth with your hands, crying your heart out. The doctor went away but you call him again and he look at you. “ Yes?,” You got up and went to the doctor. “ Can I donate my heart to him?,”“ Of course .Ermm ,lets do a test before we transfer your heart. I’ll give you a few minutes to prepare. Nurse!!,” he called a nurse and she camE towards both of you. “ Nurse , I want you to---,” he continue to talk with the nurse about the test that you’re going to have before he can transfer your heart into him.

 

You changed your clothes into the hospital’s one and sat by the corner of the changing room waiting for the nurse to call you. You immediately took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it. You cried , remembering the memories that you’ve cherished together with Myungsoo before. You tried hard not to cried too much but you just can’t help it and some of your tears fell onto the paper.

 

“ Ms. ____? ,” the door opened and a nurse approach you. “ Yes?,” you look at her with you sore eyes. “ The time had arrived. Let’s go now.,” she placed her small hand on your shoulder, trying to calm you down as you cried harder this time. “I’ll be waiting by the next room. Take your time. Okay? ,” she patted your shoulder and left. You cried and slowly look at your right hand where you had the tiny rope on. You slowly slipped off the tiny rope and placed them on the paper together. You slipped the letter and the tiny rope into an envelope. You held it tightly at your chest. “ Myungsoo-yah … saranghae …,” you mumble by yourself.

 

You open the door and a nurse came towards you. “ Are you ready? ,” she asked you. “ I want him to have this when he woke up, please?,” you stare into her eyes , full of worries. “ Araso. Come, I show you the way,”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“ That’s what the nurse told me. Hyung , its her decision. We’re not even there to stop her. We’re terribly sorry for this,” Sungyeol said with his head lowered down. “ Aniyo. Its my fault. I should’ve told her earlier that I have this disease… Ahh , omma was  right… I’m so regretting this… I wish I could meet her again… her smile… her eyes… her sweet scent…,” Myungsoo talk to himself and lie down on the bed with his right arm covering his face. “ her…,” Myungsoo stopped talking as he began to cry again. Sungyeol place his hands on Myungsoo’s shoulder , trying to calm him down. “ I will be outside if you need me, hyung,” he patted on Myungsoo’s shoulder twice and he can feel Sungyeol’s hand is no longer on his shoulder.

 

He moved his arm and look at his chest which was covered by the hospital’s cloth. He pulled over the cloth and his bare chest was exposed. A long and tiny stitch was seen. He place his hand on his chest and said while sobbing “ Saranghae ____ ,”