Chapter 10

That can't be true .

 

You can feel your heart thumps very fast and your cheeks grew pinkish . “ Oh? Are you hot or something ? Your cheeks looked extraordinary red ,” Myungsoo said while cupping your face with both of his hands . “ Aaaahhh , no , no , no ,” you turned away from him and drinks up the orange juice. He held your shoulder by your back but you just let him be . He called your name a few times . You stopped walking for a moment . “ Will you come with me ?,” You turned to confront him , still drinking the orange juice. You look to his face and put the orange juice on a table nearby . “ Don’t worry , I’ll go . Its just a lunch treat right ? I’m feeling very hungry right now too,” you make your way to your room to get ready. Out of sudden , Myungsoo pulled you over and hugged you for a second . He gave you a quick peck on your cheek and whispered “ Thank you , jagiya ,” He went off with a smirk. You froze there . Still shocked . You slowly touch the place where Myungsoo kissed you . You slowly walk to your room .

 

At the restaurant . you looked around and whispers slowly to Myungsoo’s ear “ This is an expensive restaurant Myungsoo… why are we eating here ?,” He looked to you and hushed you down “ Ssshh , just calm down , I’ve got everything under control,” Then he clapped his hands twice and his best friend , Sungyeol , who acts as a waiter , came to him.

 

Myungsoo whispered something to him and he shook his head , understanding Myungsoo’s orders . Myungsoo adjust the napkin on his lap and smile sweetly as ever to you . You’re confused and furrowed your eyebrows . A few minutes later , Sungyeol came in with Sunggyu(who acts as a waiter too) served them with pasta . “ Pasta ? I thought we’re going to eat rice …,” you said quietly while rubbing your empty stomach . Myungsoo heard you even though you said it slowly. “ Today is a special day , you know ?,” he said, interrupting your train of thoughts . “ What ?,” you asked him while your mouth was still full of food . “ Nothing ,” he chuckled a bit . You swallowed all the food in your mouth and asked him again the same question.

 

“ Nothing . Today is just a special day,” he said . “ Why?,” you’re confused . “ It’s just so special today…,” you ignore him because he’s annoying you too much . Then a choir of singers with a band of musicians came and sang a sweet , romantic song . You recognized the singers. “ Ehh ? Its Infinite!,” you paused eating when Myungsoo joined them and sing a song . You’re so engrossed with their performance that you stopped eating but your eyes were focused on Myungsoo . Your heart beats faster when suddenly Myungsoo came in front of you singing his part of the song in front of you . His left hand came from his back , holding a rose and he kneeled in front of you. He smiled and you too , feeling … so special …

 

That night , he took you to the same park where he followed you from the hospital before . Both of you went closer to a bench by a riverside. He sat first and patted beside his seat , signing you to sit beside him . You smiled and sat beside him. You sat a little far from him , leaving some spaces between both of you because you still feels awkward to sit beside him. “ Ah …,”Myungsoo sighed , looking up at the sparkling stars in the night sky . He stretched his hands in the air and slowly placed his left arm at the back of your shoulder and leaning closer to you . You startled a bit and look at Myungsoo’s hand who was touching your shoulder . You look down and called his name “ Myungsoo-yah…,” == “ Mmm?,” == “ Why did you leave for the United States before ?,” you waited for his answer .