TWO

Second Chance

"For your information, that wasn't my first time seeing them being intimate. So what you did earlier is totally unnecessary."

Yeri has a meeting with Jungkook after her class end in a coffee shop where they had their first talk together. He is busy with his coffee, but when Yeri start talking to him, he stopped and start holding her hands.

"Are you serious about doing a revenge? it doesn't suit you." Yeri rolling her eyes to him, and pull her hands from his grip.

"Listen, this is honestly your fault."

"yeah. right"

"You're the one who told me about me being stupid and dumb as a rumor. It seriously bothers me..a lot."

"Your bf is popular, like obv you're included as a gossip material." That's new for Yeri, she never realized that.

"Can you imagine what will people say, if they know that i'm the dumb and stupid girlfriend of Yoon Jaebum who's being cheated on?"

"You'll probably gain supports, i don't know.."

Yeri shakes her head and told Jungkook to focus to what she said instead of playing with his phone. 

"Not a supports, but a pity. I'll just  becoming weak from stupid. And i don't want it."

"So you admit that you're stupid." Jungkook is smiling at her and he's totally mocking her with it but Yeri ignores it.

"I don't want people to see me that way, so i'll be needing your help for that."

"It's totally doesn't sounds a revenge at all, it's more like a project to upgrading your image or smth.."

There's a pause from Yeri before she's continuing her talk, she's really not sure about this plan.

"Date me."
And so does Jungkook, he pull himself away from Yeri after hearing that.

"I knew something weird will come out."

"It's not weird. Look, imagine this, you're cheating behind your girlfriend's back, thinking nobody knows, happy, and then one day she's come to you and told you that she's having another boyfriend, even before you letting her know you're cheating on her first. I would get mad and i'll definetely lost my pride."
Yeri knows Jungkook is not completely disagreeing with her plan, because he's actually thinking about it.

"We're not dating because Jaebum and Seoyeon is cheating on us, but we're dating because we think they're not enough to makes u satisfied, we'll tell people that. We're the one who throw them away."

"Yoon Jaebum is popular, you're not. they won't care about you dating me."

"They will."



Yeri is already on stand bye in her living room, waiting for Junghyun to drop her off for Jaebum's party.

Well, this is it..the end of her fairy tale, end of her two years relationship which she though is perfect, Yeri should letting it go in her best condition . She's dressing herself, putting more efforts for her hair and her make up, use her most expensive high heels, and a brand new clothes.

"Unnie, you looks so pretty." Soohyun, her younger sister is watching some cartoon at the living room, the compliment sounds genuine coming from her.

"Thanks, you look pretty too."

Jungkook was already sent her a message, he told her, he's already on his way. They choose to meet near Jaebum's house and went there together, doing the plan.

"Are you going to a blind date or something?" Junghyun is asking her, when he realized that Yeri's styling is slightly different.

"Nope. I'm going to a party."

"What kind of party?"

"I don't know, it's just something Jaebum hosted at his home."

"You really need to leave him and moving on..

"I will. Don't worry about it."

***


Yeri is waving her hand to Junghyun, before she gets into Jungkook's car after he's dropping her off. Yeri is a few minutes late for her meet up with Jungkook, so she kinda feels bad about it.

"Sorry..i'm.."

Jungkook looks great. Yeri always thinking Jaebum is visually more attractive than him in every way, but tonight is the first times she thinks otherwise. He styled his hair seriously, he's also wearing a nice clothes, so handsome. She did told Jk to dressing up a little so Seoyeon will feels a sense of regret from leaving him but she wasn't expecting this drastic glow up coming from him.

"Tell me about your plan, hurrry up!"
Yeri is clearing , and shakes her head before she began to talk,  wiping unnecessary thoughts on her mind.

"We'll go there, enjoy the party, and at some point i'll tell Jaebum that you're actually my boyfriend and i was cheating on him. We just need some gimmick to attract people's attentions."

"What gimmick?"

"i don't know, i'm still thinking about it."

They went silent after that conversation, and in no time they finally reach Jaebum's house. Just like what Yeri expecting, everyone is here, at least people who likes gossips is here.

"Wait.." Yeri's stopping Jungkook from opening the car's door and makes him turn to her.

"How do i look?" He looks awkward with the sudden question.

"Good."

"Should i tie my hair up?"

"Just let it loose, you looks better like that."

Jungkook is coming out from his car safter saying that and Yeri is following him in close seconds. A few eyes is already on hers as soon as she stepped out from the car. And looks like Yeri doesn't need to work hard to attract people's attentions because Jungkook is actually has lots of friends, he already stopped three times to talk with people while holding her hands.
People get confused, of course. Yeri should be embarassed for doing this with Jungkook, since she's technically still Jaebum's girlfriend and this is his party, but she doesn't feel shame at all, she's confidence, she even has guts to greets some od her friends who looks totally confused with what's going on.

"He's here." Yeri is letting go of Jungkook's hand when they find Jaebum is there together with his friends including Seoyeon.
"Damn, can  you take your girlfriend to somewhere else while i talk to him." Yeri still feels annoyed everytime she Seoyeon around. Jungkook is chuckling hearing what she's saying and bring his face closer to Yeri's.

"What are you talking abt? my girlfriend is you, right now." He's whispering close to her ears and Yeri can sense people start talking about what he's doing.

"Not yet. We don't even know if our plan is going to work or not. Get rid of your girl first so i can talk to Jaebum."
Jungkook is not answering but he does calling Seoyeon over, she looks surprised when she see him and seeing them together like this, Yeri thinks both of them are making a good couple.

"You're here." Jaebum is giving Yeri a hug when they finally saw each other. 
Yeri is giving him an awkward smile. He's going to give her a kiss but she's dodging it well. She still remembers what she saw at the library.

"I'll go get a drink."

Yeri is a little bit nervous and uncomfortable, she needs some time to rethink about what she's going to do. She is busy with her thoughts, she's been staying at the kitchen holding one can of beer thinking if this is what she wants for her relationship with Jaebum, 2 years..she spend her times with him for 2 freaking years.

"Proceed with your plan. I'm not here for seeing you to become stupid again" Jungkook is here, he hold a glass of unidentified drink and it makes Yeri annoyed.

"Don't get drunk, you need to drive me home."

"Don't you think you're asking too much from me? Talk to him or i'll do it for you." He left her after a threat. What a total weirdo.

 

***


"Yerimmie!"
Yeri met her friend on her way back to Jaebum and they ended up talking together. Yeri is doing this to buys time from Jungkook. She's still not sure if she want to do the plan or not and Jungkook pestering her only makes thing get worst.

 Yeri is still in the middle of a conversation when a pair of hands is giving her a backhug. It's Jungkook. All of her friend looks really surprised, so does other people around her. She turn her body to him and give him a glare.

"What is this?"

"You said you need a gimmick." Jungkook is now linking his arms around her waist and holding her close.

"I..." Yeri really want to run away from him, but then she spotted Seoyeon staring at her. Angry and confused.

"You're right." and thanks to that, Yeri is getting brave again. She put her hands on Jungkook'ss back and talk really close to his ears.

"Your girlfriend is staring at us."

"So does your boyfriend."

Yeri was going to turn her face, she wants to see Seoyeon, but Jungkook stopping it, because he knows Yeri will get confused again. He holds her face close, and give her a stare.

"Are you sure about this?"

"About what?"

"Your plan."
Yeri is taking a deep breath while closing her eyes, she doesn't know but just like what Junghyun said, she he really need to stop getting hurt, she deserved better. So she nod her head and looking at Jungkook in front of her, feeling thankful. At least this crazy guy is here.

"There's no turning back, once we're doing this." That's what he said and the next thing happened is not part of her plan.

Yeri doesn't know how to explain the situation, but right now Jungkook is in front of her, kissing her passionately, while everyone is watching so does Yoon Jaebum, the one who she called love of her life once so does Seoyeon, Jungkook's girlfriend and probably her enemy by now.

She feels a little bit wronged by doing this and she want to stop, but Jungkook and his kiss (kisses actually) is just something that it's so hard to handle. She doesn't remember when was the last time Jaebum kissed her like this.
She can heard someone close to her called her a , very clear and really loud, but she doesn't care, she just grab Jungkook's by his hair and kissing him back. She doesn't know how many times she spent for doing this crazy gimmick, but she just back to reality when she find Seoyeon is walking to her direction. She pulls herself from Jungkook immediately and he definitely looks really attractive, even more than few hours ago.

"Let her go." Someone is grabbing her arms and drag her away from Jungkook's embrace. It's Jaebum.

Yeri is taking a quick glance at him and he definitely mad. His eyes, his expression and what he did is like a total beast, he hit Jungkook on his face with a punch, making him fall from his stand and now sitting on the floor. He's bleeding from his cheeks and lips.

"What are you doing?"
Yeri really hates this. She's kneeling next to Jungkook, staring at his face and caressing his wound. Looks bad. And Jungkook is angry too right now, she can see it through his eyes. He's so ready to attack Jaebum, but Yeri manage to stopped him.

"Don't." Yeri is hugging his waist while begging to him for not making any mess.

"Who are you for doing this to my girlfriend?"
Jungkook is not answering anything, but he definitely looks not happy with that question.

"Can we not do this, please?" She feels upset and embarassed, so she ended up crying right now, she talks to Jungkook in between tears and thankfully it's worked. He's no longer looking at Jaebum but her .

"Proceed with your plan. Don't cry."

It's a word of supports, right? Yeri is feeling better after hearing that coming from Jungkook, she is not alone on this. She wipe her tears with Jungkook's shirt really fast and now back to stare at Jaebum.


"He is my boyfriend"

A surprise look from everyone is really scary. Jaebum looks pissed off so does Seoyeon and some of their friends.

"What?"

"I'm cheating on you with him..tonight he asked me to choose between you or him, and he is my choice.."
Jungkook looks surprised with what Yeri said but he give her a squeeze on her shoulder, Yeri thinks it's another support from him.

"Jaebum oppa, i'm breaking up with you...sorry."

Yeri doesn't know from where Seoyeon is coming but now she's here. She stand in front of Jungkook and slap him really hard.
It makes her angry, even more than when Jaebum hit him. 

"Stay away from him." Yeri talks to her while pushing her away from Jungkook. Seoyeon is also crying right now, just like Yeri when she first find out about Jaebum cheating on her few days ago.

Everyone seems confused and lowkey entertained by this drama so Yeri want to end this really fast. It's burdensome.

"Jeon Jungkook is mine. And i don't want him to get hit..it's all my fault. You don't need to blame him for what happened between us." Yeri talks to Jaebum while dragging Jungkook's hand from that place. This is probably the craziest thing she ever done in her 20 years of llife.

 

***

"I got hit. Twice." Jungkook is complaining and give Yeri his car keys, told her to drive.  She help him to get into the car and helping him with his seatbelt.

"I'm really sorry." Yeri stare at Jungkook who's closing his eyes enduring his pain.

"Hitting a person is a crime, you told me. Your boyfriend is a criminal."

"So does your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend anymore."

"And the one who hit you is also not my boyfriend anymore."

Jungkook still manage to let out a chuckling after hearing that despite his pain. He looks so much better with a smile, she should take a note for a future reference.

"I'm taking you to hospital."

"Don't overreacting, pull over in a pharmacy and bring me an ice pack.  That will be enough."


Yeri can't help but to only watch Jungkook treat his own wound with antiseptic. He looks really skilled and it'll be weird if Yeri try to help him since her skill is not par with him, maybe he's gangster and involved in a fight often so he has experience, Yeri doesn't really curious about that.

"Are you going to only watch?"

"I don't know what to do. And you taking care of yourself really well."

"I'm hungry. Go, bring me something, be useful."

Jungkook and his choice of words. He called her useless with that, right?
Yrro is dragging her feet to a convenience store next the pharmacy. She takes a bunch of breads and milk. She doesn't know what he likes so she just bought everything.

"Eat this quick. I need to go home."
She throws all her bread she bought to a table right in front of Jungkook's eyes

"Are you serious? After i sacrificed so much things for your revenge and your plan?"

Yeri is really annoyed right now, so she takes the ice pack from Jungkook's hand and help him holding it near his cheeks.

"We don't even know if the plan is worked or not." She talks while mumbling, more like a complaints because Jungkook act almighty after doing her a little favor.

Jungkook is now opening one pack of bread and eat it, he shares a few pieces to Yeri and feeding her with his own hand because her hand is busy holding his ice pack.

"It's totally worked. "

"Seoyeon was crying when i pushed her away, She looks genuinely hurting. She probably loves you for real."
Jungkook lift his face to Yeri and now stopping her  from treating his wound.

"I loved her for real too."

"She's probably hating me like crazy right now."

"Yeah, absolutely."

Jungkook is nodding his head and Yeri is annoyed again. He could at least, helping her to not feels wronged about what happened, but he didn't.

"Anyway, you're my girlfriend now. So please act like one."

"I'm in the middle of doing that." Yeri showing both of her hands to Jungkook,  ice pack and a bandaid are on it.

They're not talking anything and busy with each other thought for awhile until Yeri remember the most important thing they need to settled.

"And you know....that will be the last time i allowed you to kiss me like that."

It was a good one, Yeri admitted it, but still it doesn't feels right. Jungkook looks slightly offended with what she said so Yeri thinks an explanation is needed.

"I mean...it's just.. we're not doing it because we like each other..it's uncomfortable doing it for the sake of hurting others."

"Alright."

"And also..we're stopping this when people stop paying attention to us. It won't be long, so i hope we can get through this well."

Yeri finished her talk after she put a band aid on Jungkook's wound, he still looks handsome even with that.

" Now that i'm thinking about it,  i'll just called my brother to pick me up, since you need to rest."

"Alright then, see you tomorrow."




The next day and one month later from that incident, Yeri's life is a total mess.

News spread fast, it's even faster for gossips and rumors. People will never appreciate a woman who's stealing another man from other womans. Nobody. Some crazies are hating on her, talking bad behind her back, refuse to do some group project with her, making nasty gossips and spread it around. And some othe crazies behaviour. 
Yeri can ignore them really well, it's not that hard since she doesn't actually socialize much in college.

As for Jungkook, he's not much of a help. He has his own life and Yeri is not actually expecting him to do something either. People talked about him a lot more than they talked about  Yeri, and  yet they tolerate more of his mistakes than hers. And for their relationship, nothing much is change unless people knows that they're a couple. They usually spend times with each other everytime Yeri needs to have her lunch here, since noone bother to sit with her, Jungkook will be there to stay with her, and that's it.
No date, no affection, no sweet words, he's basically still a stranger for Yeri. She doesn't know anything about him.

And yeah..of course Jaebum and Seoyeon is also a couple right now. Funny.

"I'm taking you out for lunch today." It's a usual daily time when she needs to meet Jungkook, because of their lunch date. He is waiting for her at the front gate. 

"Why?"

"Because i want it."

He is so bossy, intimidating, annoying and he's also not good at accepting a No as an answer. Yeri is already tired with arguing and fighting with him every time they disagree about something, So today too, she'll just do it as he says.

***

 

"When will people stop caring about us?"

Both of them are having a lunch at a cafe, quite far from their college. Jungkook is a good eater, you won't seriously wasting any money if you brought him a long for all you can eat offer.

"I honestly think we should keep doing this till Jaebum and Seoyeon break up. I feel sick seeing them acting like a victim and get together because we are dating."

It's actually surprising for Yeri to see Jungkook is still holding a grudge when he was the one who told Yeri to move on. Him being hit in front of everyone ny Jaebum is definitely one of the reason, he is hurting his pride, so Yeri can understand it somehow.

"What if they choose to get married? Does that mean i need to do it with you too?"

Jungkook totally looks unamused with her question.

"I was just asking." He is no longer pay attention to her and now went to the bathroom, leaving Yeri alone. 

"Kim Yerim!"

Yeri is looking for the voice who's calling her, and she found 4 of her high school friend waving their hand and walking to her table. These friends, they're the one who introduce Yeri to Jaebum back in high school, and the fact that he's no longer her boyfriend making her uncomfortable to be around these girls.

"Oh hi!" Yeri is giving them a smile and light hug when they finally see each other.

"You looks really beautiful. When was the last time we saw you? Last year, right? When we have our reunion trip to Japan."

Right, she's still with Jaebum back then. Great trip.

"Are you with Jaebum oppa?" One of her friends are pointing to her table where Jungkook's belonging is there, phone, car keys, etc.

She was going to tell them a lie and say yes when Jungkook is back to that table and stealing all of her friend attentions.

"Oh..it's not him." They're giving a smile to Jungkook and he's replying it with a nod.

"He is my friend. We're talking about some class project together."

Yeri doesn't need to do that at all. But she just feels this urge to tell her friends that Jungkook is a nobody, she doesn't want them to think she left Jaebum for Jungkook. Yeri knoes Jungkook will totally disliking this whole thing.

"Gotta be careful, better to not make Jaebum oppa jealous." They're talking while laughing. It's a joke obvious, but it's not a good call for Yeri because Jungkook can heard it.

"Send my regards to Jaebum oppa. Don't lose him, Kim Yerim.  We worked hard to set you one date with him back then."

"I will." Yeri nod her head quickly  and giving them an awkward smile.

They're leaving after saying that and when Yeri back to Jungkook. She knows things won't be easy.

"They're my high school friend..."

Yeri  is still not finished with her explanation but Jungkook is already rolling his eyes to her and walk to a parking lot, leaving her behind.

"I seriously hates people like you the most." He say that when they finally reach the parking lot. He looks totally angry.

"Your life is a mess..deal with it. Stop living on your imagination, you're not even a kid anymore." He gets on his car after saying that.

Yeri is doing the same but Jungkook locked the door from the inside for her.

"What is this?"

"You're embarassed by being seen together with me. So i'm doing you a favor."

Yeri can't believe what she saw when he start his car and left her just like that. He is crazy. All her belongings are on his car, bag, purse, phone, money, credit card. Obviously Jungkook is doing this because he knows Yeri has a habit to leave all her belongings like that.



Jeon Jungkook is a crazy guy, Yeri really need to break up with him as soon as possible.
 
She finally reached her home after so many struggles. She borrows a stranger phone to call her cell phone bc that's the only number she remembers and Jungkook didn't pick up. She ended up walking for a an hour before she find a cab and use it to come home, she pays the fare at home.
Yeri feels like home is her safe heaven, since Jungkook doesn't know where she lives and they already agree to not involve families on their matter. She really needs to deal with him, she can not accept this.


Next day, Yeri was thinking to actually report Jungkook to a police station for stealing her belongings. She just hates him so much and it's honestly makes her regretting her choice for breaking up with Jaebum. She should act and pretend like she knows nothing about his affair with Seoyeon, he will probably tired by her at some point and come back to Yeri in no time.

That a stupid thought, but thanks to Jungkook the Yeri think that wasn't really stupid and probably better than this, better than seeing Jungkook here  together with some of his friends at the front of her department. He's holding her brown slingbag from yesterday.

Yeri doesn't want to deal with him so when she finally stand in front of him. She just grab her bag without saying anything or sparing him a glance. She's entering her class just like that, and looks like Jungkook is smart enough to leave her alone, because now he's nowhere to be seen.

"Your boyfriend was looking for you everywhere, yesterday." Jiah, one of her classmates told her that story, like it's a remarkable thing coming from Jungkook, meanwhile Yeri knows that he is doing it only for the sake of his image.

"Really? I'm having a fight with him, and also I'll be glad if you stay away from him."

"Why? Are you going to push me away just like what you did to Seoyeon sunbae?"

That question is defintely her mocking Yeri for what happened last month. When the actual reason Yeri told her that is because she thinks Jungkook is not a good person for her to talk or sharing information with, she was genuinely worried.

"Now you know. Jeon Jungkook is mine and i don't like it, if others bothering my property."

If everyone is going to do a witch hunt for her, then it's better for Yeri to become an actual witch.

"I didn't bother him. Ugh Jungkook and Jaebum sunbae could do so much better. You're scary, Kim Yeri."

Jeon jungkook could do better? What a joke. It's already a miracle that Yeri could keep up with him for more than a month. He's a total jerk.

 

***

"Mr. Yang is sick, the lecture is cancelled."

One of her classmates makes an announcement and everyone looks relieved hearing that, meanwhile Yeri, she feels devastated. She could just stay at home instead of coming here.While everyone is out from the room to play or going home, Yeri is just staring at the window next to her, thinking about how her perfect and peaceful life taking a drastic turn like this.

"Yerim, is that your boyfriend? i think he's calling for you." One of her male friend is poking her shoulder and told Yeri to changer her focus to another side of the building.

And yeah the bastard Jeon Jungkook is there together with a few of his friends, holding a huge placard with KIM YERIM I'M SORRY written on it. Attracting unnecessary attention is definitely his goal and it's worked, passerby are looking at his direction, everyone in her class is doing the same thing.

One of his friends is holding a huge speaker and put it next to him, while Jungkook connecting the speaker to his phone when they realized that Yeri's attention is already on them.

"What's wrong with you guys? if i were you i'll definitely staying low after what happened." another Yeri's classmates is talking to her while laughing. She knows exactly what he means.

A loud voice coming from his directions, Jungkook is now holding the phone and play a song through a huge speaker, seeing his smirk and his expression, Jungkook is definitely doing this to makes her embarassed, and it totally works.

Yeri is trying hard to ignore him, she's planning to ignore him all the way and see how far he will go for doing a useless thing like this...but her plan is ruined as soon as he play the song and Yeri realized what kind of song he choose to play at an open area with people surrounding him and knowing Yeri is the only object of this humiliation. He has a placard with her name on it, for god's sake.

We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

Yeri is already get up from her sit when the song finished its first verse, everyone is looking at her, judging how she looks when Jungkook still playing the song till its 2nd verse..

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue..

And she choose to run because of it. He's a complete , Yeri understand if he's annoyed with what happened yesterday, regarding what she said to her friends. But this revenge is too much, he really has zero consideration to her.

Yeri is finally reach the area and now watching Jungkook, still playing that song waving his hands to her and laughing, mocking her with those innocent-kid-like expression. She walks closer to him, Everyone is focusing on them, so Yeri is hiding her face with her long hair and looking down. The song is finally reach the chorus, and some of his friends is ready to act as a choir behind him

"Your body is a wonderland..."

But Yeri  is quick on grab the phone from Jungkook's hand and disconnecting the speaker. Now everyone is watching them on silent. Yeri thinks that it's probably better to end things with him while everyone else is watching just like when they were started.

"Listen, I..." Yeri is still not finished her words when Jungkook start to hug her really tight. The silent crowd now turns into a festive mode, they totally love what they saw, they treat Yeri as an attraction like animal at the zoo.

"I'm really sorry." He said sorry. As if it's genuine.

"Come on, forgive him..The event was so sweet." Yeri can heard someone talking from the crowd.

She is closing her eyes because this is just...a nightmare. And it's getting really worse when she open her eyes and find Jaebum is standing in one of the crowd, hands to hands with Seoyeon watching this ridiculous scene that Jungkook created.
It's probably weird, but Yeri still doesn't want him to get jealous, she doesn't want him to watch her with Jungkook doing this stupid PDA things.

"Jaebum is here..Seoyeon is also here."

He's letting her go from his embrace immediately after hearing that, Yeri thought, Jungkook is probably similiar with her, he also doesn't want Seoyeon to get jealous. But again, it's Jeon Jungkook, he likes to trigger something and making things more complicated than it already is. Not much times for Yeri to recover from his hug, he give a quick smooch on her lips, in front of everyone. The crowd is happy, but Jaebum and Seoyeon is not. They watch them with anger and left right away.


Yeri ended up trapped with Jungkook and some of his friends in a near park, because they won't leave her alone. They thought Yeri is happy after the event, so they asked her to play with them.

"I know you're doing it on purpose."

"What do you mean?"
Jungkook is still not looking at her while they're having a conversation, he's just busy watching his friends playing basketball.

"That stupid event, playing that song, humiliating me, making Jaebum and Seoyeon jealous.. everything."

Jungkook is taking a sip of his drink before turn his face to Yeri and smiling at her.

"I was bored and i thought it's going to be fun doing that."

"I was having a hard time yesterday, i have no money, no phone and you left me at nowhere just because you dislike my behaviour and today you're basically bullying and harrasing me . I'm not doing relationship this way.
You could be a jerk but please don't behave like a trash."

Yeri is getting up from her sit right now, ready to leave. She has enough of him and his game.

"You were dating a trash just fine for the past 2 years, what's so different..about that?"

Jungkook is back to watching his friends, ignoring Yeri who started to get teary eyes because dealing with him is really hard, upsetting, and exhausting. .

"I hate you." Yeri is running away from that place as fast as she can, she hates Jungkook, her supposedly boyfriend, so much.



Thank you for reading