Thirteen

Second Chance

Jungkook is hospitalized. Not long after their last conversation together.

Yeri was told that he needs a bed rest at the hospital. It's already ther 3rd day since he was there and Yeri still don't have any courage to visit him. She was only provided with a picture from Junghyun and Soohyun who's already visiting him and playing with him everytime they have a chance.


She didn't come to see him at the first day because of her ego, but for the rest...she didn't go for turtoring herself. She's in the middle of punishing herself right now.
 

"How is he today?"

Junghyun just got back from the hospital and Yeri is already waiting for him in his room.


"He's fine. I think he'll be back home in 2 days. He asked about you..again."
 

"What did you say?"
 

"I told him you're busy and have no time to visit because your college life is hectic…"
 

"Did he believes what you said?"
 

"Nope. He knew you're still mad at him.."
 

"But i didn't. I was so embarassed to see him..because i was so selfsih and mean the last time we spoke each other. Maybe you're right...i changed my self to become a more evil person.."


Yeri is talking while laughing because she thought this whole thing is ridiculous. How could she do this to him?
 

"No. You changed for the better. I am sure you have your own reason to get angry at him. A strong one i believe.."
 

"I don't know.."
 

"Tell me what happened.."
 

Yeri is back to sit facing Junghyun..and takea a deep breath before she talks to him.
 

"Let's just say Jungkook oppa and Yoon Jaebum is friends.."
 

He looks confused with her story but he's still not saying anything and told Yeri to continue her story.
 

"He knew Jaebum was cheating on me..and how i suffered because of him..."
 

"Alright, that's quite bad coming from him, but it’s not actually worse than what Jaebum did to you.. “
 

"And i saw him together with his ex..on his apartement when he was sick talking about something i didn't even know.."
 

Junghyun’s eyes is wondering, there’s a slight surprise coming from his expression.
 

“And what did they do together?”
 

“I don’t know. She was treating him..”
 

"That is actually sounds really bad, Kim Yerim. Why would he do that?"


"It's a conclusion i made."


"What do you mean?"


"I never give him a chance to explain so i actually don't know what's actually happened..but i saw it like that."
 

"You should hear one then."
 

"What if he told me to leave when i came to him..i'm literally an irresponsible, selfish, and evil girlfriend to him."
 

"Nah..he won't. He loves you."
 

Yeri is staring at Junghyun in disbelief because..come on..
 

"I'm serious. Everytime i came to see him, he's always asked abt you. Ask me if Yerim is ok? I'm surprise he doesn't write a love letter for you everyday."
 

That was a sarcasm, but Yeri doesn’t actually mind about receiving a love letter, even though she knows Jungkook will never do it.

 

***
 


The first thing Yeri do after she wakes up is making tons of food and packed it for Jungkook since early. She feels so stupid for doing this but she can not help it. It's not like she'll be fine if her relationship with Jungkook ended in such a cold and mysterious situation. She is still thinking about words she wants to say to him when she's already in front of his wardroom. She got the floor and room number from Junghyun.
 

"The patient who was in this room is already discharged this morning."

One of the nurse came to her holding a few paper work and opening the door for her. The room is empty.

 

"It was a young man..Diagnosed with fatigue and overworked."
 

Of course she know about this. She received the report from everyone.
 

"Thank you."
 

Yeri doesn't thinking much when she turn her car over from the hospital parking lot to Jungkook’s apartment. He'll be there for sure.

 

***
 

The last time she’s here, she found Seoyeon, Jaebum and Jungkook together in one place, unable to think any normal reason for that to happened. And it's honestly quite a bad experience which also makes her feel scared to find out what is going on behind that door again. Yeri choose to open it without a knock just like what she did before this.

The password still not change..
 

It's really take her by surprise when Jungkook is already in front of the door. Waiting for her, He looks better than the last time Yeri saw him.
 

"How did you know…"
 

"You're the only who knows my password...i'll know when someone try to breaking into my house. It'll be you.."
 

"I'm not breaking into your house..i'm visitting."
 

Yeri put the food she brought for Jungkook in the kitchen..
 

"Are you allowed to eat a normal food?"
 

He is already watching her from a far.. not saying nor answering anything and only give her a confusing look.
 

"Why?"
 

"I'm just glad you're here."
 

Yeri is back to focus on her food after hearing that and Jungkook is here next to her helping her..this is so weird..the reason she came here was not this. She take a glance to Jungkook but he looks so serious and busy.
 

"I can't do this."

He turn her face to her when she said that.

 

"I'll do it for you." He takes one lunch box from her and open it for her.
 

"No, not this."
 

He stopped rigth awawy and there's a fear and nervousness on his eyes.

"If what you want is a break up, then no..i can't give you that. You can ask anything from me but not that one."
 

He looks so serious with his words, stressed..and it honestly the same for her too. So she choose to not saying anything and left the kitchen right away..making some distance from Jungkook because she needs it. Being close with him only makes her want to hug him, kiss him, and taking care of him, But if she keeps insist on doing that, it's just so unfair for herself, after what happened..she doesn't want to become the dumb and stupid girl who believes all lies a man said for the sake of protecting a relationship-like-fantasy.
 

"Don't.."

She told Jungkook to stop coming close to her and now covering her face. This is hard, she never did this before, not to anyone.


"Why Seoyeon and Jaebum were here?"
 

"Are you sure you'll be able to heard my explanation without being cynical and treat it as an excuse?"
 

"I don't know, i don't care but try to excuse yourself with something makes sense so i can trust you.."


She know she has every right to requesting that from Jungkook, and he also agree with it.
 

"Do you want me to makes an excuse? I’ll just tell you the truth"

There's a sarcasm on his talk but he's still really careful with using it.

 

"Why Seoyeon talked about your mom? "
 

That's the thing Yeri hates the most. She's bothered by it and looks like Jungkook didn't expect that question. He looks taken aback. No words coming from him now.
 

"Your hidden mess? The one you hides from me for months..why? Because she's older than me? "
 

Yeri is trying hard holding hear tears ight now. Her voice is shaking and Jungkook looks not happy with this. He always hates seeing her cry.
 

"Don't come here. You'll just used your manipulative way to talk sweet to me. I don’t need that…"


Yeri is talking really loud when he start to walk to her directions.


"Then stop crying. You know how much i hates it.


"Don’t worry, I won’t. I’m not sad, i’m mad."

She's talking near screaming and she actually manage to not shed any tears.

 

"You told her everything because you think she could help you, right? meanwhile you hides everything from me because I couldn’t. Why? Because i'm a kid? Because she's a doctor and i'm not? because you trust her more than you trust for me?  Or Because you loved her more than you loves me?"
 

It's jealousy, anger, resentment, confusion and dissapointment mixing into one strong blow up.
 

"That's it."

And looks like Jungkook is also not good with this situation. He refused to listen to her and now she can see him walking fast to her and giving her a hug. Yeri is not doing anything beside standing there, crying. It's tiresome.

 

"It's not true. Everything you said is not true."
 

He is caressing her back and talks very carefully. Trying to makes her understand.
 

"I lost against her once." She speaks as she push Jungkook’s away from her.
 

"It's never a competition for you.."
 

There's a little laugh coming from Jungkook, maybe he thinks Yeri act like a total kid and her thoughts is absurd.
 

"I'm sure Jaebum will tell the exact same thing about you too. You're the best thing that ever happened to me and him. He let you go, his loss, but i won't."
 

"I sacrificed lots of things for Jaebum including my happiness..so I’m not actually feels bad if I lost from her , because I already tried hard to win..but you.. i treat you differently."
 

She already stopped crying and now talking while looking down and really fast, afraid everything she has on her brain is gone distracting with Jungkook who looks so fond of her and totally feels like home,  warm and comfortable.
 

"I don't want to fall short as dumb and stupid girl anymore. I don't want to put you above myself even though i really want to do it. I don't want to give you 100 percent trust if you're not giving it to me too. I don't want to love you more than you love me..”


She think that’s the reason why she treat Jungkook differently, even though it’s hard for her to do that because the fact is she loves him more than she ever loved others.
 

"That was great. You should be your no.1 priority on your own life."
He looks rather delighted and bright listening to her concern.

"If you realized that you didn't actually happy for your relationship with anyone else before me, then don't treat me the same, don't makes the same mistake..you need to be happy now."

Yeri's life isn't hard compared to Jungkook in every way, she feels embarassed to even made a complaints about hers to him.

"I'll tell you everything so you can judge me fairly. I won't hide anything, so if you thought I did that because i dislike you. Don't."

 

***

 

Jungkook told her, he needs to take his medicine before they talk so Yeri is helping him with it.

"I was crying when the man next door taking me to hospital. It was scary."

Yeri is not saying anything and giving him a glass of water, she know the story, her mom told her as a daily report. Jungkook was collapsed in front of his door, so his neighbour is helping him.

"If i died that night, i'll probably haunting you for the rest of your life."

"But you don’t."

"I said if… i'll chase you because i died before you could forgive me."

Yeri is taking an empty seat in front of him, looking down because she really feels wronged and bad after what happened.

"I'm sorry." He said it first, and Yeri is thankful for that.

He's searching for her eyes and holding her hands, he's still very careful doing this, trying really hard to not makes Yeri pissed off, and she find it's funny, cute.

"Come here." She talk to him with a smile, and he looks so happy with it.

She is hugging his waist and giving him a hug when he finally stand next to her chair. She loves him not because she feels bad at him. She loves him because he deserved to be loved.

"I'm sorry too."

Yeri getting up from her sit, staring at Jungkook's big eyes, and caressing his face. She was angry and stuffs, but she also missed him, so it's actually more than nice to have him this close again.

"Am i allowed to kiss you right now?"

She ask him because she remembers he was refused at receiving one last week, when he was sick, back at her home.

"I already took my medicine."

"Is that an ok?"

She is receiving a kiss instead a words as the answer. Her favorite kiss, Jungkook's.


"We really need to talk first."

She is rolling her eyes at him when he's holding her head and stopped her from kissing him.
He's aware about her being dissapointed, so he give her a hug.

"I don't want to do anything when your mind still full with weird thoughts..regarding what happened. I'll explan it to you."

He is holding her hand and start walking to the living room. She still remembers when she first see Jaebum here, it's quite shocking.

"Can we talk while we're eating, i made you those."

Yeri is letting go of his hand and start showing him the food she brought, she’s not hungry or anything, she just want to avoid that talk.

"You won't hate what i'm going to say."

Jungkook can see through her, it's beyond amazing, he never wrong on this. She is indeed scared about what she's going to hear, she can forgive him now, she's happy again, even if what he did was really bad, she's willing to forget and forgive. Just like what she always did everytime Jaebum making a mistake. She want to treat him the same way too,  at least once.


"I..I forgive you."

She talks with an awkward laugh because she knows Jungkook won't like this behaviour.

"Let's talk first, you told me you wanted to judge me fairly, right? then do what you want."

 

She can not help but accepting her fate for listening his explanation regarding what happened.

"Seoyeon knows about my mother left me when i was a kid."

New information for Yeri, she thought not many people know about it.

"Some of my friends also know about it, she was my girlfriend for one year, i didn't tell her, she found out by herself. just like you."

"I didn't. my mom told me."

"Anyway, as she knows it, she used to finding some information aboutt my mother, back when we were dating. Which is completely unnecessary because i've been looking for her too back then."

"I thought you don't care about her anymore."

"I'm just curious."

Lie. He's lying. She knows he still care for her and that's the reason he's searching for her. Even though looks like he stopped already now.

"And then she forget about it..our relationship turn into sour, she's cheating with Jaebum, we broke up and last week, she came to me, she told me my mother is back, but i already know that. She said she wanted to help me because she feels sorry"

Yeri is still not saying anything, she's just studying his expression.
"What about Yoon Jaebum?"

"He's with her of course, do you really think i'll let him stay in my own house after what happened? to hang out?"

"Why? because he hit you."

"No, because what he did to you. He hurts you, right?"

"That's none of your business actually."

"Really?"

He is teasing her with that question.

"We're talking about you and Seoyeon right now, let's talk about me and Jaebum some other time."

"Let's not talk about them at all. I’m only doing this because I really need to."

Yeri is change her seat and take a spot next to Jungkook after staying in front of him for quite some time.

"I was so surprised when i saw them. I thought all of you is planning to ruined me since the beginning."

He is staring at her in disbelief, like how could these kind of thoughts is coming from her, so random and absurd. She knows his sentiment, but that was happened.

"I thought, you were tricking me and playing with me..all of you."

He looks so done with her right now. He probably feels dissapointed because Yeri had that kind of thoughts about him.

"I love you for real.

"Jaebum told me that too once."

"I'm not him.."

"I know, but judging for my past encounters with men. that kind of doubts is not reaching coming from me.."

He doesn't fight her with any argument, because what she said is true.

"You should've met with me first before him."

"I learned a lot from my relationship with him."

"He didn't give me the food you brought when i was sick."

"Huh?"

Jungkook is laughing right now and she made Yeri sit in front of him, looks like he remember something hilarious.

"When Jaebum and Seoyeon came here, i was really a mess, i had fever too, so i couldn't fight them too much and she ended up treating me.." Yeri lost her smile again now.

"Yeah, i saw..with all those cool equipments i don't know how to use."

"I heard your voice, and then you left, right?"

She nods her head while recalling the event, everything still feels like yesterday, she was so hurt that day.

"Then i came out, he was holding these foods from my favorite franchise, i knew it right away..you brought it from me, but he said no, he said you gave it to him and took it home."

That's quite funny and shameless of Jaebum to do that. Because why would she give him food after all these times?

"But what if i gave it to him because i was so angry seeing Seoyeon taking care of you when i didn't even ask for anyone but you when i had a very bad pain on my stomach?"

Jungkook looks so surprised by her words so she decide to proceed with a little bit extra jokes.

"What i'm doing with you right now, everything..i already did all of it with him. We talked about this before, he is a trash, yes..but he's still part of my past.."

"Really?" He is getting serious right now, he looks annoyed already.

Well, not really..kiss, hugs, affections, of course she did all of it with Jaebum too, but it's never too often, too intense, and too complicated like what she’s doing with Jungkook right now. She also never fight with him like she fight Jungkook, she never laugh with him like what she’s doing with Jungkook,  she never loves him like she loves Jungkook. It's different. But he doesn’t need to know that.

"Sort of. I don't think you'll like it if i told you, so let's stop."

 

 

***

 


The rest of the day is Yeri spent times with listening to what Jungkook been doing, his final project, his work, what did she do when they were fighting,  everything she wants to know from him.

She also talked about her life without him for the past week, how she's dealing with their fight and how much she feel embarassed for not taking care of him enough when he was sick.

"It's ok. You're good at taking care of me even when i'm healthy."

That's what he said, and it's honestly really nice to heard something like that when you feels wronged to someone.

"When will your exam ended?"

It's a final week for Yeri since few days ago, she already did a few of heaviest and hardest exam. It's only a few course left.

"I'll be free next weekend."

"Then we can go on monday."

"Where?"

"My home. Busan."

Right, that plan..last month Yeri already looked up a few places she want to visit there, but since she's been fighting with him for the past few weeks, she totally forgot about this plan.

"I'll talk to you later ." Her parents already made a conclusion that she won't be joining Jungkook's trip back home.

"I honestly can not go any other day."

"Are you busy?"

"My dad is."

His dad is a business man, so of course he'll have so little time for his family.

"Then go, don't let me holding you back."

"I want you to come."

"Me too, but ... i'll just talk to you later about this."

Yeri is still thinking about her parents, especially her dad. He kinda treat her relationship with Jungkook differently after their argument last time.

"I need to go."

 

She take a look at her watch, and it's already 7PM. She spent all her day with Jungkook, well..it's worth it, but she still have another exam tomorrow.

"It's 7 PM." Jungkook is following her from behind when she's walking fast to the door.

"I know, and i have a test at 8 tomorrow. If you didn't talk about Seoyeon or Jaebum earlier, we could have so much more fun."

Yeri is is teasing and it makes him smile, a beautiful one. He hold her close before she open the door.

"I prefer you left here without any hatred to me because of misunderstanding rather than doing anythig else. I'm really sorry for the hard time i'm giving you."

He ended up his talk with a little pat on her head, and it's honestly so sweet of him.

"I can take you home."

"No..i bring my car.”

"Why?"

"I thought our reconciliation will failed, so i made preparation just in case you refuse to drive me home."

"Its worked, You did so well saving it."

"Thank you."

"I'll walk with you."

"No, it's fine. Don't forget your medicine and call me if something happened."


 


 

 

 

Yeri is arrived back home when everyone just finished with their dinner.

"How is he?"

Question from Junghyun, he means Jungkook, obviously, because he knows Yeri went to see him this morning.

"Fine, he was discharged this morning, so you don't need to visit him anymore."

Yeri saying it to everyone, her mom, Soohyun, her dad, all of them went to see Jungkook for a few times before. And now they don’t need to do it anymore, because he’s home already.

"Good."

That's a little bit cold, response from her dad. After she had an argument with him about her relationship with Jungkook, she's kinda awkward with him. Looks like he's still thinking, she is doing this because she feels bad to Jungkook and he doesn't like it.

"Since you already made up with him, that means your vacation plan is still on going?"

Now it's her mom who talks to her with a smile, half teasing but also aware that this topic is not amusing for her husband.

"I don't know. Can i go?"

Yeri take a quick glance to her father, the question is meant for him. And judging from how noone else answered her, everyone is also aware she is expecting an approval from him.

"Sure." He answered with one word and left the dining room after. And Yeri is not feeling happy with the way he talks.


Back in high school, she dated one of Junghyun's friend, he was the trouble maker at school, he skipped his class often, going to a club for playing, when he was underage, just a total rebel. Yeri dated him because he is nice to her.

Her dad only met him once, he also know about all his bad reputations, and despite of that he never say no to their relationship, as long as he's good to you then it's fine, that's what he said. Back then Yeri was a little bit sad, because both of her parents is never bothered by him, it's almost feels like they don't care.

And right now, this is probably the first time on her life when her parents actually cared about her relationship and what kind of a man she's dating, Jeon Jungkook. They're started to intervene with it and making some kind of judgment regarding him and their relationship, She never experienced this before so she doesn't know how to handle this sudden affections, especially from her dad, it makes them awkward.

"You can go." Yeri is changing her focus to her mom when she started talking.

"I don't understand him."

"He just doesn't want you to get hurt."

"It's just unfair, you kept tangling my relationship with your past. He never blamed anyone from our family, and i never sacrifice anything for him. we're fine."

It’s quite inappropirate to talked about this in front of her 10 years old sister who clearly doesn’t want to involved on her problem. But Yeri just so annoyed by it.

"I'll talk to him, you don't need to think about it too much."

"Where were him when i was going around dating trashes all the time…"

That's not a good one, and even Junghyun started to get bothered by her words.

"You know the reason he's being indifferent..it's not like that."

He try to talk to her because their mom already looks so done with Yeri.

"I'm going to bed."

Soohyun is leaving them behind, looks like she's matured enough to know these kind of arguments is not good for her. Yeri feels a little bit wronged and embarassed, but she still manage to give her a smile, and she giving her a hug before going into her room.

"Try to understand him." Junghyun is continuing his talk when Soohyun is gone.

"He doesn't like me having a relationship with a man whose past was ruined by him because she thought I’m doing it for paying a price from his mistake. It doesn’t makes any sense.."

"That's because, he learned how Jungkook and his father's life get worst when.."

"I've seen worst."

Yeri is cutting her mom words quickly, she is rude and not behaving well right now. It’s because they don't know Jungkook hates dark place, they never see him get scared, they never see him cried, they never see hatred on Jungkook's eyes everytime he talked about his past..they don't know anything and yet they’re building a narrative over her relationship with him.

"You're so selfish. I bet you don't talk about this matter to Jungkookie hyung, you take a stance for him, without asking him what he's thinking...you sounds like you protecting him when in fact, you're not even sure what you're doing right now."

Yeri is not saying anything, because she's not even sure if his words is wrong or right.

"Let's stop this, go to bed."

Everyone left the dining room, and she is the only one who's still here.

 




 




Final exam is really helping Yeri to distract her attentions from her problem with her own family and Jungkook. She never imagine that one day, she'll experience these kind of a melt down over a ridiculous coincidence regarding her family and her love life. Things is still awkward with her dad,  meanwhile Jungkook, he's good at leaving her alone when she told him she needs to focus on her final week. They just met for simple lunch date a few times, and that's it.


"Unnie, bring me back some cute stuffs.." Yeri is in the middle of packing her belonging, her vacation plan is still on going. She's going to Busan tomorrow morning.

"What do you want?"

"Some accesories or pretty clothes."

 

The last time she went on a trip without her family was last year, when she went to Japan for a reunion trip with Jaebum and her high school friend. She was happy at that time, but right now, everything is ambiguos. There's a thing with her dad and also this is her first trip together with Jungkook, she doesn't know what will happened.


Yeri choose to go alone, she'll just see Jungkook at the airport, it's more comfortable that way. Because he doesn’t need to see her dad or her family this way.

"Be careful." She gives everyone a hug before she left, including her dad.

"Don't worry." She said it to him, because she actually means it.

 

 

***



The trip is usual, Jungkook is still busy with a few of works as part of his final project so Yeri doesn't really have a will to bothers him.

"I'm doing my work right now, so i can be a proper guide when we arrived."

"It's ok, i don't mind."

"Did something happened?"

Yeri is still not talking anything to Jungkook about the matter between her and her dad or her family. It does involve him, but Yeri doesn't feels like he needs to know what's going on. She think she can handle it all by herself.

"Nothing."

She choose to take a nap, to avoiding that kind of question from him, and it's honestly worked. He's not talking to her at all while she's sleeping.

 



 


Jungkook is living in a place where there's not much going around, a quiet neighborhood.

"Someone will show you the room. I'm going to see my dad."

It's just a few minutes after Yeri arrived and Jungkook is already leaving her behind. His house is not as fancy as Jaebum's. It's simplier.

"Your room is in 2nd floor."

One of the staff help Yeri with her luggage and showing her around before he takes her to her room. She remember this person, she met him when she was having a dinner with Jungkook's dad a few months ago.

This house is not super big or anything, but it's fascinated that people who work here as Jungkook’s father’s staff is more than ten people. Looks like they can have their own office room in here.

"Why so many people work here?" Yeri ask him a question and he replying it with a smile.

"Mr. Jeon really have lots of things to take care of, we're here to help." That makes sense, totally.

Yeri spent her time at her room, alone, video calling with Soohyun and talk to her about place she's staying. She just finished her call with her when Jungkook is knocking on her open door, he's back.

"What are you doing?"

"I called Soohyun earlier."

Jungkook is sitting on her bed right now while Yeri is still standing in front of the window. She's still thinking about telling Jungkook her problems. She hesistate, because she doesn't want to ruin their vacation together, they just barely escaped from a crisis of their relationship.

"How's your dad?"

"Busy as usual, he'll be here for dinner, i didn't get to see him."

Yeri is take a sit next to him, and staring at some wall ornament in front of her.

"Is he ok?"

"who?"

"your father."

He looks surprised with the sudden question and she can see it from his eyes, the answer is no.

"It depends on how you describe fine."

He hides his surprise expression with an awkward laugh. He's avoiding her eyes when she's looking for more answer there, as usual, he's good with this.

"Let's go, i'll show you around."

"I started to live here, 2 years after my mom left. Where everything started to back normal.."

Yeri is not asking him anything, he's the one who tell her his story.

"Then, where did you live before here?"

"My grandparents, i live together with them when my dad is still busy."

"Busy?"

"Well..noone will feels good after being left by his wife without news, and few months later the only one came for him is a divorced notice. He was having a really hard time..it takes him 2 years before everything is back to normal for him and for me too.."

Yeri is not responding with anything, it's just totally makes sense for her, how Jungkook treat her father and being so protective of him, he probably feels bad for him after what happened.

"But everything is fine now, right?"

"I don't know.."

Jungkook is looking gloomy right now, so she is holding his hands as they're walking.

"Do you remember that day when Junghyun was in hospital? I told you i have things to do here, you were mad when i left, my father was not fine at that time.."

Yeri is back to listening his words, and of course she remembers that day. Jungkook looked really uneasy, and now she knows the reason.

"He looks totally fine the last time i saw him."

It's true, she spent few hours for dinner and talks to him before that, and he totally looks fine, a nice, kind, and loving parents, ordinary.

"He's good at hiding things."

She stopped from her walk and since she's holding Jungkook's hands, he's doing the same thing. That words is really familiar. She heard that before.

"Your father told me the exact same thing about you ."

The conversation is too heavy for Yeri, and it's actually makes her feels bad for Jungkook and his dad, the guilty feeling is there, even though she's already trying so hard to never take their parents’s past as part of influence for her relationship with Jungkook , but as she's getting closer to him and learned about him more, that's becoming harder to do.

She feels a little bit better when she finally meet his dad at dinner time. He looks so happy with her being here, he smiles a lot, and totally looks fine.

"I'm sorry, i'm late."

It's a little bit formal for Yeri, the dinner. If it's only her and Jungkook, their dinner is never serious, he’s not the type who’s willing to stay for hours under candle light, eat some fancy foods and talking about how perfect their relationship is. Yeri usually having a dinner with Jungkook’s old clothes and messy hair, because she was forced to have a dinner at night when she’s sleeping or busy with her phone without having meal all day.  And right now with his father is also here, plus a few of his staffs standing in every corner of the room, everything feels somewhat different.


"No, it's fine."

And it’s also awkward because Yeri only ever had one experience for a meeting with her boyfriend's parents. It was last year, when she was invited to a simple dinner by Jaebum's parents. It was not easy but also not that hard. Meanwhile this, Yeri feels a little bit more nervous. She doesn’t want to fail on this.


"My parents said sorry because, they're unable to be here."

"Yeah, they called me about that. It's ok though, seeing you is already a pleasure."



They were just getting started with their dinner, when one man came to their table. Yeri is not familiar with him, but judging from his outfit, looks like he’s  also an employee here.


Jungkook totally dislike this guy, he's staring at him with unfriendly manner, even worst when he whispered smth to his dad and he left the table followed by the man from earlier.

"We're eating right now, Dad!"

Jungkook is near screaming when he said that, but his father is totally ignoring him, he's also not saying anything to Yeri, despite she’s here with him, surprised with what just happened and she knows immediately,  something is not right.

She's looking straight at Jungkook when he slamed his hands to the table and also leaving her, he's following his father right now. This is such a bizarre situation, she never deal with this kind of thing before. She's scared, surprised, and confused. And when she's being left alone like this, she miss her family, her ordinary, quiet, and simple family.

Yeri ended up doing nothing, when it's been 20 minutes and Jungkook plus his dad is still not back. She gets up from her sit without eat anything, walking back to her room.

 

***

 

"You really need to stop."

She feels a little bit dissapointed when she realized her room is located near the huge office when she can see Jungkook and his dad inside it. The door was opened when she’s passing by, so she can heard Jungkook's voice, he sounds so frustrated, she can also see his father sitting on his desk, looking down and not saying anything, a few paper scattered in front of him.

"I was just making sure."

"You don't need to do that."

Their conversation is so tense, even more heated than argument Yeri had with her dad few weeks ago.

"And you..didn't i already told you to stop doing all the crazy things my father asked you to do."

Jungkook is now talking to the man from earlier, he was so ready to fight him, but the man is bigger and looks stronger than him, so he just pushing him away lightly. A few seconds later, his dad is getting up from his sit, and told him to take Jungkook outside.

"Get him out." And the big man did it, he dragged Jungkook with one hand on his collar.

And Yeri? she's running away, she get inside her room and locking it from the inside. She already told the female staffs who's helping her earlier to not let anyone come to her room , including Jeon Jungkook. She deosn't want him here.