Fifteen

Second Chance

 

Yeri is coming back home at the same day in the afternoon. Jungkook told her that it's better for her to take a rest and not to get stressed over his family problem and she has the same thought with him, she also miss her family, her dad.

"What is going on?" Junghyun is the one who see her right after she dropped by a taxi from the train station.

"I'm tired. Can you help me with this?" she asked him to help her with her luggage and he did.

It's still weekend, so her family is cin a complete formation, everyone is here, her mom and her dad is also here. they're in the middle of working on something in the kitchen.

"I'm home." She talk to them, and they looks really surprised seeing her. Her dad especially.

"What is it?"

"what do you mean what is it..i'm back."

"And Jungkook?"

"He's there at his home, why would he come here.."

"Let's talk."

Yeri feels uneasy when her father left the kitchen after saying that, so she just following him to the backyard.

Honestly, after she’s witnessing how Jungkook  and his father lead their live, she doesn't really want to become a problem to her parents and giving them any hard time, she's lucky enough to have them like today.

"Is there any problem?"

"Sort of."

Yeri doesn't want to hide things from him because she knows, nothing will turns good from that.

"Jungkook?"

"No."

"His father?"

She nods her head, and looks like this news is not a surprise for him.

"Do you know something?"

"How is he?"

"Dad, it's not your fault."

He let out a heavy sigh and walking towards Yeri, he’s squeezing her shoulder. And she knows what it means coming from him.

"It has nothing to do with burden or guilts, I'm staying because of Jungkook oppa. Noone else, but him."

"I feels sorry to him the most, if i had known, i'll just take him to live with me, and raise him up like my own son."

That's genuine, she can see how much he feels bad about this.

"He won't accept it." Yeri hold her father hands and caressing it lightly, to makes him feels better and stopping him for blaming himself too much.

"But i should've tried."

"Dad, listen..all my life, i always thought that i'm quite a filial daughter for both of you and mom, i always secretly thought i'm better than Junghyun and Soohyun on treating you. I always respect you, and i don't mind to say sorry first when i made a mistake to you.
But yesterday, i realized that i'm actually far from good.."

Yeri start to get a teary eyes when she talks, because honestly..there are so many things she done wrong to her parents.

"Jungkook oppa is such a nice person, even better than me when it came to loving his father. He sure loves his father more than i love you..So really, you don't need to feel bad about anything because he is growing up just fine and ended up becoming a happiness for me. Maybe i should say thanks to you instead, because without you his parents won't get married and he won't be here. So... thank you, Dad and i'm sorry.."

She can't help but starts crying even more harder when she receives a hug from her dad. It feels so warm and comfortable, it always is.

"I'll go to Busan, tomorrow. Do you want to go with me?"

"No, i think it's better for me to not go, you need your own time to deal with them, Jungkook and his father i mean.."

"Do you think so?" He use his big hand to wipe Yeri's tears and pat her head.

"Yeah, so you could see how good i'm choosing my boyfriend this time, no more trouble makers or a cheaters, just a decent man."

"I'm sure he is."

 

***


The next morning, Yeri was left alone at home only with her siblings. Her parents, both of them is actually went to Busan to see their bestfriend.

"I have a project with my friend so i won't be here till late at night."

"I have a sleepover at Hana's house, so i'll be going to school from there tomorrow."

She can't believe this, both of her siblings are leaving her behind when she just got back yesterday. She ended up watching them preparing their stuffs in this busy monday morning while having a breakfast.

"Are you sure you won't play with me, Soohyun-ah?" She ask Soohyun for the last time before she left with her bag for school, Junghyun will drop her off.

"No, later unnie. Bye." She kissed her cheeks before she left, and Junghyun also said goodbye while taking her leftover toast before he left. And Yeri is alone again.

"I told them your father got hospitalized."

Just like her expectation, Jungkook doesn't really fond of the news about her parents came to see his dad.

"He is their best friend first before he is my boyfriend's father. And i don't want to hide anything from them."

"It was not hiding, it's making them less worried."

"Sorry."

"That's ok. But let's try to argue when i can see your face, not on phone."

There's a little laugh coming from Jungkook, and it's actually really nice to hear that, after he send her off with a stressed and tired face yesterday.

"Can i go somewhere with a friend?"

Yeri received a message from Junsu earlier, he's asking for a meet up, a simple lunch. And well, she actually want to do it. She's not the type who's thinking her boyfriend has control over trivia things like appointment with a friend. But as for meeting with Junsu, she thinks a permission from Jungkook is needed, because she knows, she's always ended up being happy to be around Junsu, and it's not fair for him if she's gone behind his back when he is in the middle of dealing with his own problem, a big one on top of that.

"Why are you asking?"

"My friend is a man."

"So?"

"Don't you want to know who he is?"

"hmm..actually no, but if you want to tell me then.."

His reaction is actually not a new thing, but still it makes her a little bit disappointed, even though she's not sure why.

"It's my childhood friend, Lee Junsu..i asked you to meet him few months ago, when you were busy, he asked me for a lunch today, i want to go."

"Then go. eat a lot and talking about what you hates from me with your friend, don't laugh too much just in case she found you pretty and ended up liking you."

So heart fluttering, what he said and it makes her missing him even more.

 






Junsu is picking her up. He offers it himself, and since her family is not actually super rich where every kid has their own car, Yeri said yes to him. Junghyun is using her car today.

"Hi!" She is greeting him as soon as they met. It's been weeks since their last meeting and the only communication they did is through a group chat together with Junghyun.

"For you." he give Yeri a paper bag and she’s receiving it with an awkward smile.

"What is this?"

"A gift. I have one for Junghyun too, but since he's not here, i'll give it to you first. My mother made this."

It's a handmade knitting gloves. So beautiful and looks expensive.

"Oh..thank you so much, this is really good."

"I personally requesting it to be made. I told my mom about your personality and how you looks like in my memories, and she ended up with this."

Yeri feels thankful that Junsu is having a great life, she know how he's always struggling when they were a kid. When his mom died and his father got sick, sometimes he just act with too much emotions and ended up hurting people around him.

One day, he was destroying his classmates's bike because he's mocking him for not having a mother, it's just some old and useless attack by irresponsible kids, but he took it too hard and he was hurting so badly so he did it, Yeri understand it at that time.

But seeing how Junsu's life right now, she realized that this person he called mom is a blessing from his family. His father is healthy again and he is growing up without any pain. How she wish Jungkook has a same chance to start over.

"I'll buy you something as your gift. You were back so sudden and i didn't have enough time to prepare somethin for you. And i forget about it now"

 

"I'm not asking you for lunch because i want a gift. It's ok."

Junsu is start driving his car, this is her first time went out with him without Junghyun or Chaeyeon, and Yeri is fascinated by her encounter with him again. They were so young when their first met and now both of them are an adult.

"I heard you went to Busan for vacation."

Looks like Junghyun told him about this.

"Yeah, i just got back."

"Was it fun?"

Yeri is hesitate to answer the question, because well..what happened was not fun at all.

"Yeah." But Junsu doesn't need to know about that.

"My mom was also went to Busan few weeks ago."

But Junsu is different with her, he feels comfortable talking about his life, detailed things like his family she never know.

"I went to my boyfriend's home for this vacation." It's so sudden, but Yeri feels the urge to talk about it to him.

Junsu is not responding anything so she’s stare at him, questioning if he actually know or not about Jungkook's existence after all this months being friends again.”

"I heard from Junghyun too about that."
"about what?"

"You're having a boyfriend."

He's smiling after taking a quick glance to Yeri.

"Sorry, i should've told you by myself."

"That's fine, we're friends after all..what's so different about you with ot without a boyfriend."

Yeri is chuckling hearing what he said. And the thought of Jungkook is back to her..

"I actually changed a lot.."

"Really? is it better or worse?"

"I think it's for the better version of me."

Junsu looks surprised with what she said, but he still give Yeri a smirk.

"Now i'm curious about your boyfriend.."

"I'll take you to see him one day."

Showing off Jungkook to people is definitely one of her favorite thing to do right now.

 

***



Yeri and Junsu choose to eat their lunch in an open area. Turns out he was planning for a simple picnic for them. A famous park where everyone is here.

"I never did this before." Yeri is excited because this is actually her first time doing this.

"This is the first thing i wanted to do in Seoul, right after i'm back.”

Just like her, Junsu is also looks happy being here, the food they bought is simple, a chessee burger with lemon tea for Yeri and One portion of a traditional fried rice for Junsu.

"What are you doing?" He ask her a question, when he saw her taking a few pictures of the scenery with her phone.

"I'm taking the pictures."

He is laughing at her when she said that.

"Why? for you SNS?"

Yeri shakes her head quickly, because honestly after what happened with Jungkook, almost a year ago,  and people hating on her and bothering her even in social media. She never use it anymore. She's not a celebrity who has people waiting for her to updates, it's useless for someone ordinary like herself to play with it too much.

"No. I'm sending it to my boyfriend. It'd be nice to come here for a date, right?”

Junsu is following her to look around their surrounding, and she is right. So many couples is here spending times together.

Yeri is changing her focus to her phone when Jungkook is replying her message. He said he wanted to come only at night, it looks so hot doing that for a lunch, she's pouting her lips and lowkey annoyed by his response.

"Why?" and Junsu noticed it too.

"He doesn't like it." She put her phone back to her bag, and continue with her lunch.

"You can just go with me.”

"Yeah."

"So, how have you been after all these years?"

Right, this is probably the first time for Yeri to talk with Junsu seriously, talked about the time when they're not in each other's live. He asked her first.

"What do you want to know..there's nothing big happened in my life when you're gone, i grow up, matured, and here we are..i think your story will be more interesting than mine."

He is agreeing with what she said as he nod his head.

"Then, what do you want to know?"

He ask her and put down his food, turn his face to her direction and Yeri is doing the same.

"Why did you leave?"

She still remember the day he left, without any words or goodbye, Yeri and Junghyun were crying when one of their teacher told them about Junsu moving away. A friendship they had together was really pure, innocent, and beautiful. At that age, you could easily tangled with wrong people as your friends, but she is lucky to spend most of her times together when Junsu and Junghyun.

"Family matters?"

She is laughing at him, because he answers the question in such a formal way.
"We know that, obviously."

"it's a long story."

"It’s ok. i have so many spare times right now."

Well, Jungkook is not here, so even if Yeri want to spend her times with him, there's no use. And Junsu is quite fun for a long session of talks. He is nice.

"hmm..where do i start..You know about my father when we were a kid, right?"

He was sick and live away from Junsu.

"Yeah..is he ok, now?"

"Totally."

"So?"

"My father got sick not long after my mom died, he lives away from me, so my grandma raising me up, you know that much, right?"

This story is really familiar, Jungkook..he lived his life like this too. Her mind is back to him, why Junsu could gain his happiness back but not Jungkook.

"Are you listening?"

She’s blinking her eyes, when Junsu touch her shoulder, she feels bad to not focusing on him while he talks.

"oh..sorry, right..we know that much..so what happened?"

"My father receiving treatment for quite some time, and then one day, he's back to his old self and told me about starting a new family.."

"He found someone.."

"Exactly, i was 13 years old at that time, a new mother is probably the least thing i wanted, you know me, when i was angry or sad, i refused to go to school, i'm ruining things, so they decide to send me abroad, together with my dad and my new mom, it was hard at the beginning, but turns out that she’s becoming one of the most important person in my life."

"That's a family matter indeed..but really, i'm glad everything turns out fine for you."

Yeri is back staring at the scenery in front of her, Junsu is lucky, and she's happy for him.

"Me and Junghyun always talk about you and wondering..what kind of life you have right now, i was afraid if one day i'll see you as a criminal or some kind of society trash, i'll be totally devastated.."

She talks to him with a little laugh at the end.


"It's good everything is worked then.."

Both of them are silent now, they're busy with their own thoughts and as for Yeri, she's thinking about Jungkook, his life, and her life. Is there any chance for her to makes things right? Fixing his complicated and hard life, so one day he can treat his past as an old story like Junsu who gained a person to help him healing his wound. Yeri probably can not act as a new family members like Junsu's mom to Jungkook, but she wants to help.

"And what about you?"

"Me?"

"You in my memories was a queen bee, except you don't have any troops who's worshipping you and you're kind plus naive."

Really? she never thought of herself like that.

"well..people still called me dumb till today.."

"Really?"

Yeri is smiling remembering how many times she get called as dumb since she found out about Jaebum having an affair.

"Dumb, naive, stupid, i was called  a golden fish once.."

Jungkook did that, he's the one who keeps calling her dumb.

"Why? are you doing bad in your study?"

She is laughing really hard right now, as expected, he's still not change, so innocent.

"No..are you still thinking that the biggest problem in this world is getting a C for a math test? we're an adult now."

Junau's face turns really red, and Yeri feels a little bit wronged for laughing too much at him.

"No, that's because you never cross as dumb for me, you're dependable, really smart, a little bit too kind but not dumb."

"Thank you for saying that, but let's just say i'm becoming dumb because of other things.."

"What thing? a man?"

Oh, he's great at guessing.

"It just a rough guess, but looks like i'm totally right about this. Why? are you blindly in love with some bad guy?"

He stopped staring at her when asking and back to focus with his left over food.

"Is your boyfriend a criminal?"

"No, it's not about him."

She never felt stupid while having a relationship with Jungkook.

"Then?"

"I made a mistake and i got hurt because i'm dumb, that's it.."

Junsu is losing his smile and now staring at her deeply, he looks so concerned so she give him a smile and pat his back.

"I'm fine now, i'm happy..it's long time ago."

Well, her story with Jaebum is already ended, she has Jungkook now, and she’s happy with him.

"Good."

The rest of the day is full with laughter, Yeir and Junsu exchanging stories about their life without each other.  And the weird thing was, the talk about Jungkook is never came out from her, not even once.

"Thank you for today." It's already night time when Junsu drop Yeri home, they talk a lot and play a lot, shr had fun.
"Let's go out with Junghyun next time, for a picnic"

"Of course, i'll tell him."

"Bye."

And then he left..

 



Jungyun is still not home, tonight, she's ended up being alone again.
Yeri opening one message from her mom, it's a picture of her parents, Jungkook, and his dad..they're having a dinner. All of them looks happy, even Mr. Jeon looks so much better than few days ago.


Jungkook oppa looks so handsome, tell him i miss him.

Yeri send the message to her mom for one sole purpose, and she met her goal. Not long after that her phone is ringing, a call from Jungkook.

"Hi!"

"I'm getting teased like hell, here."

He doesn't sounds happy but he's not angry either.

"You didn't call me for a whole day, but now you're calling me because you're mad for getting teased?"

Well, you can not expect too much from him.

"I'm calling because i heard you're missing me right now." He talks in such an exaggerate way, definitely teasing her.

"My mom is really good at delivering message."

"She's good indeed. How was your meeting?"

A meeting with Junsu of course, that's one of the reason for her to suddenly have the urge for talking with Jungkook.

"It was good..I really miss you."

"I know, you said that already...I still have few things to settled down.."

"I'm not expecting you to come here. I'm not that type of woman.."

"I'm just saying that as a reminder to myself, you probably not that type, but i'm exactly that type."

Yeri is smiling while hearing what he said, she really likes him.

"Are you going to be ok?"

Jungkook takes a few seconds pause before he answer her question with a deep voice, that means he is serious now.

"I don't know but i'm trying my best right now. Your parents is a big help, thank you for telling them everything."
"No, it's fine..i just feels  so useless for this matter and i thought my parents will become a better help than me, and i'm right."

"Your parents is for my dad, you're still my biggest help."

"Did my dad talks to you about me?"

"No, but he asked me to talk tonight, so the topic of this talk will be something about you?"

"Yes. Talk to him well..if you think your father is precious so does my dad for me."

She really means it, there’s a little chuckle coming from Jungkook.

"I really want to say i love you to you, but i'm pretty sure you're recording this call."

It's a habit, she usually did this to all of her exes at the beginning of their relationship, maybe their first two weeks, she usually listen to a sweet and cute phone call when she feels bad and angry to her boyfriend, It easier for her to forgive that way,  and if an argument was recorded, she listens to it to find out what is wrong with their words, who's the one with mistake and how to solved it.

It's definitely a weird habit, so she stopped doing it, it's only last 3 days with Jaebum, but with Jungkook, she never want to stop. There are so many things solved through this little act, everytime they're arguing over a phone call, Yeri knows the one with problem is always her, she is the one who get angry first and since Jungkook is not someone who likes to arguing through a phone call, he ended up shutting her off and they ended up with a fight.

They solved it after listened to a few of phone calls she recorded. This method seems only work with someone like Jungkook, who likes her enough to follow her stupid and weird plan.

"I'm not recording this call."

"I know you're lying."

Well, he always know.

"Anyway..i just want you to not get stressed too much, eat a lot and..i'm sorry for not be able to help you much."

"You're forgiven. Forgiven for the rest of your life, stop saying sorry to me, you did nothing wrong."

"I know..i just.."

If Junsu could be happy then Jungkook should be able to be happy too.

"Sleep well, Kim Yerim."

it's ended, the phone call.

 

***

 

Junghyun is not coming home last night, he probably still has some work to do, but it is enough to makes her mood ruined. He should've called.
It's 8 Am when he finally showed up, and looking at him who's very tired, Yer idoesn't have a heart to scold him.

"Junsu invite us for a dinner tonight." That's what he said as soon as he saw her.

"I just met him yesterday, he said nothing about it."

"I don't know, but he invited us. Will you come?"

It's not like she's uncomfortable meeting Junsu, but it's a little bit weird for her to keep seeing him.

"Why? did your boyfriend get jealous?"

Junghyun seems realized her hesitation.

"No, he didn't..but do you think it's ok for me to keep seeing another man while my boyfriend is in another side of the country dealing with his problem?"

"Well..i'll def feels bad if Chaeyeon is doing this without telling me anything. But we're friends, it's not like he's hitting on you or anything. And if  hyung said is ok, then i don't see a problem."

"He said ok." Right? Yesterday he said ok.

The thing about meeting Junsu is, Yeri feels sad every time she saw him after knowing how his life is, she feels bad for Jungkook, because both of them has similar life but ended up with different conclusion. It's quite bothers her.

"Then we'll go there, i'll go with you."

Go with Jungyun will makes her feel better, yeah.

Yeri is back to her room, use her phone to call Jungkook, she doesn't want to lie about this kind of thing.
Her first attempt is failure, he is not picking up her call. She's trying for the second and third attempt and he's still not picking up, at this point Yeri is suspicious if he's ignoring her call on purpose.

And when it's finally dinner time, Yeri is already worried with the fact that Jungkook is not even once return her call, it's totally impossible for him to not aware about her trying to reach him all day. If it's not for her mom who told her he  is fine, Yeri will probably already on her way back to Busan.

"Are you seriously leaving me alone?" Soohyun just got back from school, Yeri and Junghyun has no choice but to take her to one of her friend house and told her to play for some time before they get her back when they finished with their appointment.

"Just for a few hours."

Yeri told her while holding her hand and walking to the car when Junghyun is already inside it.

"Are you guys going somewhere?"

She is really surprised when she find Jungkook is walking to their direction, looking so bright and happy. She never knew she actually missed him that much from only being away for 2 days but when he stand right in front of her like this she just feels so relieved and touched.

"Are you going somewhere?"

Yeri's not answering his question, so he asked again, she’s letting go of Soohyun's hands and running lightly to his direction.

 

"What are you doing here?"


She was going to hug him when she realized her sibling is also here. So she stopped and touch his arms lightly.
 

"I was purposefully not picking up your call because i want to...surprise you." He looks not sure with what he said and embarrassed.

"You don't do a surprise." Yeir is laughing at him because this is absurd, Since when Jeon Jungkook is doing a surprise for his girlfriend?

Jungkook is not saying anything and his eyes is focusing to Junghyun who's walking towards them holding his phone.

"Mom and dad is on their way home..i can go by myself if you want to stay here."

"Yeah, i'll stay.

Junghyun looks surprised when Yeri said that without second thoughts, she sounds so obsessed for staying togèther with Jungkook, and her brother is now staring at Jungkook whose eyes still on Yeri.

"Are you sure?" She looks slightly annoyed by what Junghyun did so she hit his back.

 

"Why are you asking him? I'm staying."


"She'll be joining you." Jungkook is not talking to her but to Junghyun instead.
 

"What?" 


"Look at him, he looks so damn tired and i'm pretty sure noone want to deal with her clingy girlfriend on a state like this."
 

She’s back to stare at Jungkook when Junghyun is walking away from them to receive a call.
 

"Really?" Well..what he said is makes sense somehow.
 

"I'm letting you go not because i don't want my clingy girlfriend bothers me.."
 

He takes Yeri closer to his embrace and it just makes her will to stay is bigger than ever.
 

"I'm not clingy." Noone want to called as one she’s included.
 

"I like it when you bothers me."
 

"I never bother you." Noone want to called as a bother either.
 

Jungkook stopped talking and now takes a few steps back away from her, watching her with a smile and he looks so proud.
 

"I'm pretty sure the appointment is important because you're dressing up so beautifully. I won't holding you back, i'm not that kind of boyfriend."
 

Well..it is sort of important since Junsu invited her to his house for the first time since forever. He didn't even let her to do that back when they were a kid.
 

"It's Junsu. I'm going to see him."
 

Jungkook looks puzzled and his eyes got bigger.
 

"Again? Are you going to see him everyday?"
 

"You told me to go."
 

"I did. I did. I'm just asking."
 

"He is a best friend."
 

Yeri is seeing a jealousy coming from him so she though explaining things will be necessary.
 

"And...i'm a boyfriend."

"Yes. you are" Yeri is liking this kind of Jungkook so she ended up giving him a quick kiss after knowing both Junghyun and Soohyun is busy with their phone inside the car.
 

"Anyway, i think you should just go. The Junsu guy is probably waiting and i'm sure he already prepared for you and Junghyun's visit."
 

"I won't be long. Don't go anywhere before i'm back. It's probably sounds like a lie but i really really miss you."
 

She doesn't care anymore if she sounds desperate about this but it's her real feeling.
 

"It doesn't sounds like a lie.."
 

"Let's go."

Junghyun is calling her over when he finally done playing with his phone. Soohyun is also getting out from the car and Jungkook is walking to her. She seems strict with her choice to stay with Jungkook instead of staying with her friends. Yeri is waving her hands to both of them before they go. She is so lucky to have him.

 

***


Junsu is inviting Yeri and Junghyun to his home for a dinner. His house looks so simple compare to hers. But Just like what Jungkook said, he prepared for it.
He told them to walking around the house for killing some time, because his mom is still out there to buy something and the purpose of his invitation is to introduce them to his mother.
For Yeri, it's technically her first time to visit Junsu's house despite knowing each other for almost 2 years back in school. So it’s really fascinating.

"I remember your grandma." Junghyun is pointing his hand to one picture of little Junsu with his grandma. All of them were scared of her back when they were a kid.

Yeri stopped in one section of the wall, there are more than 8 frames of picture there, the event was some kind of a simple garden party with so many people wearing a white gown.

"Ah..it was a party for my parents anniversary, i was still in high school, look."

Junsu is standing next to Yeri and he’s showing her a photo of himself, looking younger, maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

"And this is my parents." He moves his hand to a frame next to it, it’s two middle aged parents, smiling at the camera.

His mother which Yeri assumed not his real mother, but more like his new mother is super pretty, doesn't looks her age and wearing a flower crown on her hair, holding one huge bouquet of red rose. There is something intriguing about her, but she doesn't know what is it. 

She's continue to walk and listen to Junsu, explaining each and every picture on the wall. Junghyun is also with them for a while before he ask for Junsu's permission to use the bathroom.

It’s actually feels nice to do this, just like when she spent times with Jungkook listening to him about his childhood. It nice to learn about it, especially someone’s happy memories.

Yeri stopper in another corner full with pictures, and the reason why she feels so intrigued  after watching a picture of Junsu's mom finally explained when he’s showing her an old framed picture from the table.

"This is me when i just left you guys."

The picture of him when he was young, just like the last time Yeri remembers him, his face were puffy, red eyes, looks like the picture was taken after he cried or something.

And when she see Junsu's mom in the picture, looking so much younger than she was in other picture, she really believe that fate has been playing with her all this time.

Junsu's mom and Jungkook's mom is a same person, she already saw her picture inside Jungkook's wallet once and some pictures he’s hiding on his drawer, or some painting he made when he was a kid. It’s a same person, well of course, she could be wrong on this and but after she's recalling all the story from them everything started to makes sense, she's the one who suddenly came from Junsu but she's the one who suddenly left for Jungkook.

Everything is getting worse, when the front door was opened and the woman is here, standing in front of her, looking fine, pretty, and healthy.
 

“Oh..i’m late.”

She’s talking while walking to Yeri’s directions, and she takes a few steps away from her, avoiding her.  And without she can even control it, she is crying right at that moment, because everything is just so cruel. Both for Jungkook, his dad and everyone else around them.

"What's going on?"

Junsu looks really surprised when he find Yeri is crying a lot. Junghyun is also running to her, looking worried.

"What happened?"

"I want to go home, please. I don't feel good."

She manage to control her emotions after a while, giving both Junghyun and Junsu a smile.

“Are you ok?” Junsu’s mom is also looking worried and running to her directions but Yeri is not answering her question. She only shakes her head quickly, she knows what she needed the most right now.

She want to see Jungkook, because this is such..how could someone like him treated this way.

"No, i'm going home."

 

***
 


The dinner was cancelled, Yeri is not saying anything on their way back, she's still crying. This is really bad, she's not ready for this kind of twist on her life. She's been wishing for Jungkook to have a life like Junsu without knowing his life is getting better as a result from his misery.

Someone need to take a blame for this, but since she doesn't know who, she ended up blaming herself. She should've been knew since Junsu tell his story, about how it's so familiar..she should've known in the first place, and she shouldn't have let Jungkook know and learn about him at all.
So stupid Kim Yerim.

"I need to picking up Chaeyeon, you go first." Junghyun us helping her with opening the car door, and she’s only replying him with a nod.

"Be careful." she said that and Junghyun left with his car.

Yeri walk in a very heavy step, she's confused with all of this events, she doesn't know how to handles this, she doesn't know how to react. She opens the front door and looking around the house, Jungkook is still here, he's talking with her dad in front of the kitchen counter, her mom is next to him, looking at a few papers he's holding. There's smile and laughter coming from the three of them.

He is happy, and her parents is happy, Yeri doesn't want to ruin any of this. She just need to makes Jungkook being away from Junsu as far as possible, he said his mom will be back to Norway soon. Jungkook doesn't need to see her, he doesn't need to deal with the pain again.

"We could try that, it'll be better if you make a huge section specifically for..."

He is helping her dad to do some renovation on his office, this project has just started, her dad was hesitate to ask his help before, because of what he has on his mind about him as her boyfriend and all his guilty feelings is making their relationship awkward.. but right now..it  looks like they already talked it out. They looks so much better interacting with each other now. This is the only one she always wanted on her life, And Yeri decide to take the most selfish decision she ever had as his girlfriend because of that, Jungkook doesn't need to know about what's going on.

"Oh? Kim Yerim? Why?"

Her mom is the one who's aware about her existence first but she just ignore the question and give her a smile instead. Jungkook and her dad also turn their head when she is walking closer to them.

Both of her parents doesn't looks amused when Yeri choose to put herself in Jungkook's embrace and force him to makes a room for her on his arms.

"He is working for me right now."

Of course her dad feels annoyed not because she has guts to hug his boyfriend in front of him but because she's distracting him from his work.

"Are you getting paid for this?"

Yeri use one of her hands to flipped few sketch in front of Jungkook. Complicated. She doesn't understand any of it.

"Of course. Do you think i'll let him having a dinner at my own house, sitting on my favorite chair and taking all attentions from my daughters without receiving something in return?"

That was a joke obviously. And Yeri is happy to hear that, she never thought there will be one day when her dad and her boyfriend will get along, joking and interacting with each other like this.

"What happened?" Jungkook is laughing at his joke for a few seconds before he looks at her, and asking her in a serious way.

"Nothing." She lied.

"You looks pale and your eyes..were you crying or something?"

Now both her dad and her mom is already busy with dinner they're making in the kitchen so he can ask her in much more comfortable way.

"Dad, i'm letting you to borrow him for one hour while i'm taking a bath."

Yeri is completely ignore his question because she doesn't know what to say to him.

She choose to lock her room and laying on her bed, back to being confused and scared. She still thinking about what was just happened.

Yeri and Jungkook is a two different person, their personality is similar but also different. Right now, she has this bitter feeling about Junsu’s mom, but even though she already heard the stories of Jungkook's life, all his misery all his pain, she still doesn't want to judge his mom as a bad person completely.

She is a person who's willing to stay with a bad boyfriend like Jaebum for 2 years while giving him a hundred chances. She also want to heard Jungkook's mom reasoning, Junsu's point of view, she want to judge them fairly.. but she knows exactly that this will be really unfair for Jungkook..so that's why she doesn't want him to know about this.

Yeri spend one hour to take a shower, changing her clothes and making up her mind. She's back to her family and everyone is here, including Junghyun. They're in the middle of having dinner, and she’s worried if Junghyun will actually tell everyone about what happened ,but looks like he didn't. Because Jungkook is still happy and doesn't looks worried at all.

She takes a sit next to him and he’s caressing her cheeks as she help him with his food, like usual. Like nothing happened. And Yeri feels so stupid for that.

"You don't need to do that everytime."

Yeri lift her face to Jungkook when he stopped her from taking care of his food.

"It's a habit. I always do this to all of my boyfriend before so don't feel too special."

"Then don't do it for me, i want to be special."

"Fine"

She is not eating anything on their family dinner, she just spending her times stealing glance to Jungkook and sometimes drown in her thoughts.

"Talk to me after this."

He said that so serious it makes her taken aback.

"No..i'm tired and.."

"5 minutes."

Avoiding him is no use when he already determined about something. So right after their dinner ended, when her family still sitting on the dining room talking and enjoying the dessert, Jungkook is taking her out to talk.
 

***

"Tell me."

"Tell you what?"

He’s letting out a long sigh when Yeri is  refusing to acknowledge what he wants from this conversation.

"You were crying, you didn't eat anything, you're stealing glance at me for so many times, looking at me with those confused and wondering eyes.."

"You know..a woman doesn't always like it when her boyfriend finding out things about them so easily. There were times when they expect for them to pretending..they don't want them to always know."

"I don't know what is going on for real, so that's why i'm asking.."

She feels sorry to him for lying but there's no way she'll tell him about what's going on. She doesn't know how.

"Nothing is happening. I told you before..i was just tired."

"Is it because of what happened back in my home? Because of my father? "

She doesn't understand Jungkook, how could those kind of thoughts is surfacing even after she’s showing him how much she cares and how much she doesn't bothered about what was going on. She tried hard to overcome the fears and guilt.

"Really?" It’s disappointing.

"You're just weird..i have so many things i want to talk to you, but you refused to have interaction with me..you're kinda avoiding me and i don't know where my mistake is."

The mistake is hers not his.

"Listen.."

"I'm listening."

Jungkook still don't look happy, maybe Junghyun is right..he’s just so tired.. and dealing with a moody girlfriend by himself is probably not what he wanted.

"I have a really bad day and i don't want to talk about it. Not now."

His eyes get softer after she said it. He nod his head and pat her head as he walks passed by her. And him leaving is also not what she wanted.

"I said i don't want to talk about it."

He looks confused when she’s holding him from walking away by dragging his shirt and now he stand in front of her again.

"I get it."

"I didn't say anything about letting you go. I miss you."

Yeri is not sure if she will tell him everything, but it is a fact that she really miss him and she doesn't want him to go from her sight.

 



Not many chapters left...