Special

Second Chance

Something i have on my draft, enjoooy :)



 

"Is it today?'

Junghyun just arrived when he asked Yeri that question, she's been staying in the kitchen for more than 4 hours, it's friday and her lecture cancelled today. She's doing a cake making for the special occassion.

"What is today?" Playing dumb, embarrassed to actually admit she understand what he means.

Ever since their family dinner few months ago, after Yeri offering herself to moving in with Jungkook , everyone is a little bit paying more attention to what she's doing. Her family is a little bit limitting her activities as Jungkook's girlfriend for the past months, which is totally unnecessary because Jungkook is the one who put a limit on their relationship theses days.

It does feels different, dating an older man with a real career and responsibilities..the change is huge for her to adjust. No more parties or clubbing, no more late night date or watching him playing game till dawn, no more cafetaria lunch, it's different after this whole business takes over thing. Jungkook hates his job, and it's honestly affecting his whole approach as a boyfriend. He's stressed and tired everyday because he dislikes what he's doing.

"The anniversary thing? is it today?"

Junghyun's words making her stopped from decorating her cakes, she give him a little smile and shakes her head.

"No, it's not."

She decide to not celebrating it like before because she knows celebrating it without your boyfriend agree to do that will makes everything awkward, and Yeri is also a little bit traumatized by anniversary event. She found out Jaebum was cheated on her at their 2nd anniversary, the other guy was leaving her a week after their 100 days anniversary because he thought 100 days is good enough for his record. She has no good memories regarding it.

"So ?"

"It's just a pretty gesture from me because he already worked hard as my boyfriend for the past one year."

Junghyun is laughing at her after taking a bite of her left over chocolate ball.

"Happy anniversary, sister!" He left her while still laughing and she feels humiliated by it.

Yeri bought a new dress for tonight, yes. She bakes a cake too. So it's actually useless for her to deny what she expect from doing this. She want to makes memories, it's been a year for her as Jungkook's girlfriend and everything feels like a roller coaster ride with so much more crisis and thrills rather than fun. She wants a typical event in her relationship, something she read on a book or she watched on drama.

Yeri packs some foods made by her mom for Jungkook's dinner, one box of cake she made earlier and her new dress. Anyone who see her will knows she is in the middle of doing something, she originally thought about decorating Jungkook’s place, made him a letter and stuffs, but she knows it'd be a liitle bit too much so she scrap the idea.

"I'll be back before midnight."

She talks to Junghyun and Soohyun, the only people here before she's leaving. Her parents is still not back from work.

"Yeah..right." Junghyun and his annoying response makes Yeri rolling her eyes to him.

"Where are you going, unnie?"

Soohyun doesn't know her plan to stay with  Jungkook, doing some cliché things for him because letting her know is probably not good, she's still a kid.

"A friend. I'm going to meet a friend."

"What do you want me to say to mom ?"

Junghyun is asking her one last question when Yeri is already waving her hand to the taxi driver who’s waiting for her.

"I'm meeting a friend. Tell her that."

"She won't believe it."

"I'll call her, later. Bye."

And she does call her, she never have this uncomfortable feeling to let her parents know about Jungkook,  about staying with him, because both of her parents is trusting her and Jungkook enough as an adult.

 

***


Yeri reach Jungkook's apartment at 7 PM, he changed his password back to the one she knows after their huge fight few months ago. He said he won't changed it ever again even when he's angry at her, but he did ask Yeri for a consideration to not come to him with a force when he's mad at her.  And she doesn't know if she can actually fullfilled his request because it never happened again.

Jungkook is working on her dad's branch office for two months already, he knows nothing about business, but he has no other choice. Business will work just fine if people likes you, and since he's naturally a nice and charming person, his work is actually done so well despite him having zero knowledge about business and whatnot. His father is still needs to do some therapy with Dr. Lee, someone must taking over his work and Jungkook is the only one he can trust, of course there's a lot of employees working for him, but the decision couldn't be made without him or his dad's consent. So he needs to work there. Yeri is usually helping him as much as she could, since she actually learn it in college.

"Just wandering around, travelling, learning about what kind of place people want to see, and i want to made it." Jungkook said things like that when she asked him about his plan after graduating, he's an architect, so of course, things like that would be fun and thrilling to do. But then, life won't let him do that. He loves his father too much and ended up making sacrifices for him. Like usual, like how he always doing for the past decade.

Yeri is entering the living room and found her roller blade was storaged near the front door. Jungkook bought it for her few weeks ago. She never good at using it since she was a kid, that's why her mom told her to give the skate for her cousin who's better at it .

It's been two weeks, since the last time she's here and things not actually changed much because Jungkook spending so little time in this house these days. He usually leave at 8 in the morning, and back at 9 PM, someone will come to do some chores when he's not here.

Yeri is opening her cake box and placed the chocolate cake she made on the dining table, she's also preparing their dinner with food she brought from home. She's still contemplating about changing her clothes with the dress she brought, because she's worried if Jungkook find what she's doing is overwhelming and too extra. She's thinking for more than 15 minutes before she eventually made a decision to wear it, for the sake of memories.

Bad luck for her, Yeri is already waiting for more than 3 hours for Jungkook to come hom, she spend her times with watching tv, playing games, and reading a book. She purposefully not to tell Jungkook to come home early because she want to make this event as a little surprise. But again, he knows she’ll be here tonight, and coming home early is supposed to become  something he should do voluntarily. That’s what she thought.

It's 10.30 PM when someone actually here in the front door. Yeri is already tired of waiting but still excited to see Jungkook and his reaction for this surprise. So she's standing in front of the door, with a smile, nervous and excited.
When the door opened and Jungkook is present in front of her, she knows things won't happened according to her plan. He looks really tired, stressed, and sad. He's holding his backpack on his right hand, and his coat plus ties on another hand. He gives Yeri a smile before taking him to his embrace and hugging her tight.

If at the beginning of her encounter with Jungkook, he is like a safety box with so many mystery and secret, waiting for Yeri to open it with some sort of magic without any clue whatsoever, a year later she slowly can understand him, It's no longer that hard to know what's going on and what's bothering him, just like right now. She can sense something bad is happening to him.

"Why?" She ask him while caressing his back and pat his head slowly.

Maybe the typical and usual relationship is a luxury for her and Jungkook.

"Sorry, i'm late."

He's not answering and going inside his room after letting her go from his arms. Let alone noticing her dress or her event, he just looks tired.

"I was here since 3 hours ago."

He is out from his room after changing his clothes, a black hoody and a lousy sweat pants with a slipper. She already lost her will to protest about what he’s wearing.

"What' is this?"

She's following him and now they sit in front of each other at the dining table, with cake and various food on it.

"I made it."

Still no question about her dress or the occassion, Jungkook just staring at the cake and takes a slice for him to eat.

"It's good."

He said it and going to the kitchen, taking out a few cans of beers and juice and put it back to the table quickly.

"I already had lots of drink last night, at Jieun's party, so no, thanks."

She told him to bring the beer back with a hand gesture, and he's really smart to not making her more annoyed because he puts everything back to his fridge immediately and choosing one can of orange juice for both of them. He's back to his seat, doing nothing but staring down at the table, something is definitely bothering him.

"I'll take everything back to the fridge if you won't eat."

Yeri is annoyed and slightly angry with the way he behaves, so her words came out as rude and not friendly. Jungkook notices it too, obviously, but looks like he has no will to makes her feels better right now. He gets up and put all the food to the fridge all by him self.

"My stomach will feels bad if i eat something at late night."

That's what he said while slowly put every food back to its container. Yeri is doing nothing, she knows Jungkook has that problem since he began working as full time employee.

She's turning her face to the kitchen when he stopped talking. He’s just there, standing with empty and sad eyes. He takes a deep breath before finished his work and back to her with a fake smile. She's quickly focusing her eyes to something else and pretend not to see it. She doesn't want to deal with any problem, not hers nor Jungkook's. A selfish thought but she can not help it, she wants to be happy too, just for tonight.

"I was busy today, so i was late and.."  


Yeri is aware that's not what Jungkook want to say to her, he wants to talk about something else but ended up not saying it and start talking about his schedule instead.

"You know..the CEO from that company i told you about last week..he was.."

Jungkook's voice is shaking and he's speaking nonsense. Looks like what’s bothering him is quite serious. And he ended up covering his face and letting out a heavy sigh.

Yeri is still not doing anything, she’s confused because turns out many things still needs to learn from Jungkook, the way he lives his life and his personality.

"I know why  this cake is here.. you're wearing a new dress..and prepared a dinner.."
He talks really fast and Yeri is surprise with what he said. He noticed everything but why..

"My dad found out about me meeting my mom and stuffs.."

That's explain everything. And now she's becoming worried for Mr. Jeon too.

"What? when? how? is he ok now?"

Jungkook is not answering any of her questions and now put his head down to the table, he looks really stressed out. This is a huge problem, Yeri is aware her anniversary event couldn't be held in such circumtances. So she gets up from her sit, walking to Jungkook’s direction, and ruffling his hair slowly. He is so pitiful.

"Is it because of Junsu?" She’s mumbling that words by herself because Jungkook is still not responding to anything. Yeri and Jungkook were together last weekend, they were taking Junsu to airport because he's going back to Norway for sometimes. Maybe Jungkook’s dad know about it.

She stopped made a speculation on her mind, when Jungkook is taking her hand and lift his face to her slowly.

"I know you're prepared something for me..but..it's just.."

He looks really wronged to her, and she feels like the worst girlfriend ever to actually making him lying like that, for the sake of not ruining her mood.

"I'm really sorry." He gives a peck on her hands and back to staring at the empty kitchen.

"No, it's ok."

She's linking her arms on his shoulder and take a sit on the edge of his chair, giving him a squeeze to calming him down.

"You looks great though."

He told her that with a smile and telling her to sit on his lap. Such a nice gesture from him.

"What happened?"

Seeing him from a closer look, it’s really shown that Jungkook is not good at handling this problem.

"Turns out his employee is still looking for information about my mom, and I don’t know how they did it, but they saw me with her three months ago. I'm guessing they're trying to be kind to my dad and reporting what they found late, waiting for my father's condition to get better, and now he knows.."

"Does he know about me meeting her too? i was with her before you."

"I don’t know, i'm still not talking to him. He’s ignoring my calls."

"He is mad."

"Of course he is." Yeri use her hands to fix his messy hair, she feels sorry for him.

"Is he going to be fine?"

"I already called Dr. Lee to watch him.."

"I'll help you talk to him."

Jungkook is smiling at her and it does feels good to actually successful at making him do that.

"What are you going to say?"

"I don’t know, i'll think about it."

Yeri give him one kiss before gets up and walking to the kitchen again.

She's hungry, she waited to have a dinner with Jungkook for hours, she even skipped lunch because she's busy making him a cake.

"I'm going to eat something, you should too."

She knows Jungkook is also not eating any food since this morning. She talks to him at 3 PM earlier today, and he said he's not having any food for lunch at that time and judging from how he stressed about his dad, the possibility of him to actually care for his well-being is very low.
And she looks content when Jungkook is walking to her direction, she'll try to makes him eat something.

"The idea of me living with you is not bad, right?"

"Why?"

"I'll make sure you eat well, sleep well,  i’ll keeping you happy, making you feels less stressed.."

They ended up sharing one bowl of soup and white rice to eat. Good enough for first anniversary dinner.

"You won't last a week."

"And your reasoning is?"

Jungkook is fixing his sit position and give her a smirk, he looks so handsome like this.
"I'm making a mess on daily basis, if you're thinking living with me is me playing with you all day, helping you with your assignment, hugging and kissing you, tucking you to bed and…"

"I'm turning 21 years old in a few months. I'm not that childish, i'm not expecting some kind of fairy tale-like story when i was asking my dad to stay here..i know how reality works too."

She's pouting her lips and rolling her eyes to Jungkook, because what he said is an offence for her as an adult.

"Really?"

"I just..want to see you everyday, making sure you're fine and you have someone to talk about your problem just like right now."

Jungkook is patting her head, and squeezing her cheeks while still laughing at her.

"You won't last a week, do you know how busy i am?" He lost his smile and now back to eat his dinner.

"We can't see each other often even if you stay here, you'll just get bored for waiting me to come home, and i'll just getting annoyed to listen all your complaints after a long day at work. You'll get mad at me and i don't have enough energy to console you. We'll stop talking to each other and you'll get tired of me.."

"You are so pessimistic." Yeri cut his words because she’s having a hardtime to accept what he said.

"Do you know what my mom said about her reasoning to leave me?"

"She said things won't turns out like this if she has enough time to talk with my dad."

He said it seriously, and Yeri is kinda understand his sentiment. But then she growns up in a different situation with him.

"Do you know how many hours my mom and my dad met each day?"

She's asking him that and Jungkook is shaking his head quickly, he looks confused.

"Not more than 5 hours minus their sleep time. Both of them are working, till really late..for more than twenty years. And none of them is running away."

She's being sarcastic in purpose and Jungkook is catching it, he give her a bitter smile, slightly offended but also admit that what she said was right.

"Good for you."

"Not everyone will ended up like your parents."

She talks while holding his hands carefully, she feels bad after saying those words to him.

"And..not everyone will ended up like yours either."
He's good at arguing indeed.

"Fine, let's not talk about this ever again, i sounds so desperate, it's making me feels bad."

Yeri stopped holding his hands and takes a few steps back from him, it's not like her parents would let her go if she asked about this again, why would she pestering Jungkook who’s clearly against the idea.

"You know this is not the life i wanted." She knows it of course.

"Later, when my dad is well and fine, when i'm sure he'll be fine without me, i'll take you for a much more exciting life, not this one where you'll heard my complaints aboutt clients or a fail business plan everyday. I'll take you to beautiful places."

That was a really nice words to hear, sweet and unexpected coming from him. She’s blinking her eyes and it’s honestly nice to have that kind of life with Jungkook.

"I really want to say no, but it's actually sounds like a good idea."

She give him a smile, and if she's being honest, only with what he said she already thinks, this is as one of the best anniversary event she ever had.


***



"Kim Yerim!"

Yeri is not a heavy sleeper like Jungkook, so with a little voice from him calling her name, she already wakes up from her sleep. She slept at dawn last night, spending time and talking with him about a lot of things. She doesn't understand why would she told her siblings about coming home before midnight when she knows she'll ended up sleeping here.

"5 more minutes."

She’s burried her head inside the blanket and tossed Jungkook's hand on her head. It's a record that he wokes up first after a long night.

"Fine, come out for breakfast if you're done."

"Hmm.."

And she ended up sleeping for another hour. It's 9 AM when she finally wakes up, she's still wearing her dress from last night. Jungkook is nowhere to be found so she decide to use the bathroom first before come out for breakfast. She already has everything here, toilettries, clean clothes, bathrobe, she basically treat Jungkook's place as her dorm since she spent so many times here.

Yeri is too lazy to take a shower so she just washing her face, brush her teeth and came out from the room for breakfast, just like Jungkook's instruction an hour ago. She come out expecting her favorite breakfast, a simple ommelete made by  her boyfriend. But turns out, she's lucky today, really lucky.

The dining room from last night is decorated by some balloon and few colored paper, just like how she wants it for her anniversary event last night. And there's the boyfriend, holding one bouquet of red rose wearing a nice suit.

"I just woke up.."

She thinks it's not fair, and even though she's happy, she also feels cheated, so she's brush her hair back and walking back to the room but Jungkook stopped her.

 

"I know you made a plan last night and i ruined it.." He sounds awkward, he looks exhausted and need sleep too.
 

"I just woke up..ok? Meanwhile..you.. you looks good. And you’re taking this seriously..let me.."
 

"Just..hold this and procced with your plan."

Jungkook drag her hands and told her to hold the rose bouquet. His face is red, this must be hard for him to do this. Cute.

 

"My plan?" Yeri is laughing at him and she takes her phone from the room.
 

"Alright hold this,  i'm going to takes a picture of you."

Jungkook shakes his head, he hates this so much.


"You said my plan..come on."

"Fine. Take it quick." He gives up and that's one of the sweetest thing he ever did for her.

 

Instead of taking a picture of him, Yeri takes a picture together with him, she kissed him and takes one selfie together and that's enough. She's content with it.
 

"That's better."

So does Jungkook. He looks happy for not taking a solo shot with the rose.


"Thank you." She give him a hug once again because she feels really touched.


"You worked hard for a year. I should've the one who made plan and made you a cake."


Yeri is giving up her will to come out with a pretty dress and great appearance for her anniversary event. This is good enough and she's happy with this.

"Where did you get this?"

She takes a sit on the table full with her favorite breakfast made by Jungkook, and also leftover cake from last night. She's amazed by the simple and lowkey messy decoration he made with balloons and stuffs.

"From you. Remember my birthday? You made a surprise for me, and you left this behind.."

Right, it was months ago..when she made a surprise for him together with Junghyun and Soohyun.

"I thought you were out at early morning for these."

"I was out for that."

He’s pointing his hand to the bouquet on Yeri's hand. That's explain why the flower looks fresh. He actually did something, and she's grateful to him.

"And this.." She's continuing her question about the breakfast.

"I made it."

"And sleep?"

"2 hours. I'm fine."

He was decorating, buying a flower, made breakfast, wearing his suit and stuffs. She fell asleep at dawn and pretty sure the same thing happened to him but he's still put some efforts for this. She's thankful and touched by what he did.

"You also worked hard for the past year. You worked hard today too."

"I'm only doing this because of you."

"I'm aware."

Yeri takes a bite of her blueberry toast and while hearing Jungkook talk about how much he likes her.

"Good." And he is also start eating the food he made.

It's a simple occassion but feels so special.

"I don't think celebrating my anniversary when you have problems is appropriate. I'm worried about you and your dad.. I can always makes an event like this for you. So you don't need to feel bad for ruined it, because you didn't."

Jungkook is judging what she said and he’s not saying anything while keep eating his food.

"Why?" And that makes her uncomfortable.

"Nothing..it's just..so many people asked about what happened after i heard news from my dad. And i said nothing, I told them everything is fine despite me becoming so stressed about it. I should've done the same thing to you too, so you can have your desired event about your anniversary, but.."

He takes one big bite of ommelete and stopped his words while giving Yeri a smile.

"But right after i saw you, i just want to tell you everything and ask you about what should i do..I'm bad at hidingmy problems in front of you now. I'm sorry."

He reach for her hands and Yeri feels the slow change regarding this from Jungkook for the past few months is nice.

"It's a good thing actually, do you know how much i've struggles when you still act like safety box without a key, hiding everything from me, and act like you're so great to solve every problem you had alone..i hate that side of you so much."

She puts down the rose bouquet and placed it at the empty chair next to her.

"I know, you already told me that for so many times."

He said it firmly, and Yeri feels slightly wronged with that, everytime they had a fight she always blame this side of Jungkook as a reason why she mad at him, when not everything happened because of that. And Jungkook already talked about this to her too, he said he hates the way  she used this one not-so-good personality of him as a scapegoat of their problems.

"You're doing great." She ended up her words with a compliment for him because he deserved it.



***

 

Yeri doesn't want to come home, Saturday is Jungkook's day off, and she offers herself to help him cleaning up the decoration while spending more times with him, and he doesn't hate the idea, even though she doesn't actually helps him, the only thing she's doing is watching him and bossing him around while packing a few things to a box. Just a light jobs.

"Cleaning it up is more exhausting than setting it up."

They're finally done after an hour, Jungkook did most of the work, and looks like he doesn't want to do something like this again in a few years.

"You wore this one before, right? It's really familiar."

Yeri picking up his coat and his white shirt that he tossed to the floor after breakfast, because he prefer to wear his black hoodie from last night for tidying up.

"I have no idea." He takes a huge box she packed earlier and put it into a small rack in the kitchen.

"Be honest with me, do you think all this plan i made and me wearing a dress, baking you a cake is an extra behaviour?" He looks surprised by that question, but shakes his head slowly.

"No, i like it."

"Really?"

"Why?"

"No, it's just..i don't think you're someone who likes this typical cliché  activities in a relationship."

"What do you mean?" He looks confused but he's also laugh at what she said.

"I'm a princess and you're the hellboy. Is that how you’re portraying our relationship?"

It's a really childish thing to said, Yeri knows it. But that's a rough description of her and Jungkook. It's so childish to the point of him being speechless and holding his laugh while biting his lips. He probably feels bad to laugh at her because she sounds really serious while saying it.

"You're holding grudge for such a long time."

He's turning his face to her and Yeri is still waiting for an answer.

"For specific people, yes." He nods his head and he looks at her with a smirk.

"No, I like it, really."

He left her after he's done with the box.

"I like it when you came to my office, surprising me with your homemade lunch, i like it when you throw a birthday party for me and force me to wear a funny hat. It's not because i like the typicals and cliché  things, i just like it because you're the one who's doing that and not others."

That's a good one. Yeri is happy hearing it.

"I'll do it more often then."

"You really should."

 

***


Yeri spent the rest of the day to watch Jungkook dealing with his problems, he talks with Dr. Lee for so many times, he also talk to a few of his dad's employees, asking about him and his condition. There were times when Jungkook looks so frustrated because his dad is still refuse to talk to him and Dr. Lee told him to not forcing his dad.

"Alright, thank you."

Yeri just finished a phone call with one of Mr. Jeon's staff who was helping her when she stayed there.

"She said everything is fine, he just looks a little bit stressed."

Jungkook is leaning his back to his office desk and this view of him really reminds her to her situation few months ago when Jungkook was mad at her for lying about his mom. It's guilts and confusions.

Yeri already told her parents at home about Jungkook who's having a problem and they actually let her to stay one more night here. They know the situation about his family and they know better about his dad situation, and looks like they don't want Jungkook to left alone at time like this.

"I'm sure they will let you know if something happened. Come here..."

She reach for his hand and tell him to sit with her.

This is how her relationship with Jungkook is, one time they're happy and everything looks perfect for then, and then they should deal with something huge like this. It's a concern both for Yeri and Jungkook, even more for her because she's the one who made things turns out this way, Jungkook met his mom through Junsu whom he met through her. So rather than a problem Yeri thinks this is as something she needs to settles without hurting anyone on the proceess, and she's still looking for the best thing to do that.

"I don't understand why they told my dad about this. His staffs is excellent with their work, loyal, but stupid."

"I agree."

Well..not everything but she's kinda agree with Jungkook about this, those people should ask him before they came to his dad and reporting everything.

 

"It's my fault, partially."

Yeri is talking while giving Jungkook's shoulder a shrug. They both sit next to each other, in front of the tv that showed some quiz show. She take a glance at him, and he's not denying what she just said.

"40%, yes. The rest is on me."

That's his response and she's glad, he's not actually protecting her from guilty feelings because it is a fact that she's the one who started this.

"I'm sorry." She said it while turn her face to him and he give her a smile.

"It's ok. I'll stay for another call with dr. Lee, you should.."

"I refuse to do that."

"What?"

Jungkook gets up from his sit and walk away from her while reaching for his phone on his desk.

"You were going to told me something like..you should sleep since it's late stuffs and i’ll handle this while you’re restinh, I am not a kid. I'll stay here."

Judging from his expression, Yeri knows she's not wrong. He is a really difficult person at times like this. She understand that one year is still not enough to makes Jungkook act according to her preferences, he's been living his life like this for years long before she met him.
Something gradually gets better indeed, but there are also times like this. And she’s trying hard to understand that because maybe that's how a real and healthy relationship should be, everything needs to happened slowly. They need to learned and adjusted themselves with each other slowly. Jungkook is not saying anything, he just stay there, staring at the floor while flip his phone with his right hand.

"I'll get something for you to eat."

She left the room and start roaming around the kitchen to find something for him to eat. She's doing this to also take a break from this issues. It’s exhausting.
She’s purposefully slowing down her movements because if she’s back to Jungkook, things will get awkward. She knows her relationship with him is not perfect and arguments always happened between them, but if things already involved their family, especially his mom... things becoming ten times harder. It's mostly because, the whole thing is not only aboutt them, they can not selfishly making a decision.

Yeri take a glance to Jungkook quickly, when she find him following her and now watching her closely. They both know something need to be done for this matter, they just doesn't know how.

"Do you find me annoying?" He's talking while walking closer to her and Yeri nod her head.

"Is there anyone who doesn't get annoyed by their boyfriend?"

She finished a simple salad, she made it for Jungkook and put the plate in front of him after letting out a heavy sigh. He put the plate aside and the only thing he's doing now is staring at her.

"I'll get more annoyed if you don't eat my food, i made it with effort."

He's stopped staring at her and now start to eat his salad. Yeri is also stopped talking and watching him trying to remember all the great thing he did for her this morning, she's afraid if she'll become too angry and ended up being upset when they need each other and works as a team to overcome this.  In her previouses relationship, Yeri is always trying to be the saint one while putting up with so much more annoying things her boyfriend does to her, but she never do it to Jungkook.

They're still not saying anything to each other until Jungkook finished his food and come to Yeri, he's standing in front of her and taking her to his embrace, he pat her head with his big hands.

"You're always doing this everytime you made a mistake."

He is chuckling hearing what she said and he let her go right away.

"No, i’m not. You’re wrong."

"It's true. You know i'm soft with you being sweet, so you keep doing this.."

"No, i don't know about that."

Yeri is embarrassed and still annoyed, so she push him away from her and find her way back to the living room. Jungkook is following her of course.

"It was few weeks ago, remember? when you came here in the middle of night, crying, asking me to fix your ruined notebook bc you dropped it."

She remember that of course, she was working on something with few of her friends, a group project, an important one. And she dropped her notebook till it's broke into a few pieces before backing up her data , she was in a panic mode and Jungkook is the one that came out on her minds. So she came here immediately.

"And what about that?"

"I did the same thing for you too."

Well..yeah, he was trying to makes her calm and giving her a hug while talking sweet to her for hours, just like what he did earlier.

"You dropped your notebook was not my fault at all, i made no mistake."

He's right.

"And your point is?'

"I didn't do it because i made a mistake and begging for your forgiveness, i did it to stop you for being upset."

Yeri is not responding to anything he said because all of this is new for her, she never thought Jungkook is working hard and put some effort for that, she thought what he's doing is only limited to makes her feels better after she was angry at him. She doesn't understand this kind of thing well, because noone else ever did it for her.

Jungkook is laughing now, he give her a pat on her head while take a look on his computer at the desk.

"Anyway, i'm old enough to not becoming petty about things like that, i just don't want you to misunderstand."

It's slightly offending, what he said about his age, he barely 2 years older than her, but he act like such an old bachelor who know world better than her, she miss the college student Jungkook as his boyfriend at times like this. He’s more fun.

She was going to say something when Jungkook’s phone is ringing, from his expression, it's obvious Dr. lee is the one who called, He takes a glance at her before he put the phone call into speaker mode.

"Oh..how is he?"

"He is fine." Dr. lee sounds good, he's not panic or nervous and Yeri feels at ease hearing that.

"Are you sure? nothing unusual coming from him?"

So different with Jungkook who's completely worried.

"He is really fine, you should trust him a little bit more..."
Yeri is also listening to the phone call and give Jungkook a glare, Dr. lee was right, He has no faith to his dad regarding this.

"That's because you don't live with him on his lowest condition."

He said it to Dr. lee but also to Yeri, indirectly. She knows it and that makes her feels embarrassed because well..he's right, she's nothing to mr. Jeon, she's just an outsider. She doesn’t know his life.

"I know, i'm his doctor, and i'm serious when i said he is fine, I don’t know how he did it, but he really gets better now."

"Ok then, let me know if something happened."

And the phone call ended, Yeri is avoiding his eyes because she feels bad for being too intervene with this.

"It's not because i don't trust him.."

"I know, i'm sorry."

Jungkook is still focusing his attention to his computer, looks like something from work came up even in the weekend.

"And..you're always doing this everytime you made a mistake..".

Yeri is slidding her hands to his waist and making him turn to her before she start kissing him.

"Most of time, yes, because It works everytime."

She's whispering that words close to his ear while sometimes stealing a glance to his monitor behind him. It's something from work indeed.

She feels a little bit bad for doing this when they still has problems to settle, but this is one of the most effective way to stopped Jungkook from being angry and she's also having fun doing it.

She's continue kissing him while being subtle with her touch on him. She's good at it.

"I should've done this while wearing that dress last night."

Her words is enough to makes Jungkook stopped from what he's doing, he moves his palm from her head to her shoulder now.

"Why?"

"Don't you think i look really good in that?"

"You looks good right now too."

Yeri is wearing an oversized sweater she bought for Jungkook as a gift but since it was too small for him, it ended up as hers. Too grubby if she compared it with her dress from yesterday.
Jungkook knows what he said is useless to makes Yeri feels content so he give her another kiss.

"I'll end up taking off everything anyway, it doesn't matter."

Yeri can't help but laughing out loud hearing that remarks. He's right.


***


Jungkook is able to sleep with lights off now. He still has fears for dark place, but things won't get bad if he spend his night with Yeribeing around, like tonight. He's so peaceful on his sleep, and it honestly makes her feels good to be able watching him on his state like this, not the annoying, stressed, cocky, and tired Jungkook, but him like this.  And if someone asked her what the nicest thing she ever did if she’s together with him, watching him sleep is probably on the top of her list. He looks ordinary , like all the bad things on his life was never happened.

She's too busy watching him so she doesn't hear his phone ringing, she’s just aware about it after the phone fell from a small table next to Jungkook. She takes the phone and it's honestly surprising to see the caller, his father. It's a really great thing that he finally reach his son after a few days ignoring him, but Jungkook is sleeping and waking him up is basically impossible.

"Hello.."

Yeri decide to pick up the call for him and tell his father that Jungkook is sleeping, asking him to makes a call again later.

"Yeri?" Mr. Jeon sounds surprised, but he's good at recognizing her voice right away.

"Ah..yes."

She regrets it right away when she glance at a small clock near the door, it's 1.30 AM  in the morning, no parents would please to have their phone call picked up by their son's girlfriend at times like this. Jungkook’s dad is still not saying anything, so Yeri thinks an explanation is needed.

"Jungkook oppa is sleeping right now."

"How is he?"

Yeri takes a glance to Jungkook who's sleeping soundly next to her when she asked. And she honestly doesn't know how to answer the question.

"Not that good, i think"

She takes the easiest clothes she can reach from Jungkook's closet, wear it and out from the room. She's afraid he will see her speaking on his behalf without his permission. She close the door slowly as she walks out, Jungkook's dad is still not talking and she knows things must be hard for him too.

"Are you ok?" And she ended up asking him the same question.

"It's nice that Jungkook told you what’s going on."

He talks with a very sweet voice and there's a small laugh behind it. Just like what Dr. lee said he actually handling this better than everyone's expectation.

"Yeah..he told me."

Yeri is being awkward now, she really want to tell him that the one who made Jungkook see her mom was her. The source of his problem is her.
"I was really surprised."

"Because he lied to you ?"

"No, i already expect that. I was surprised that he went to see her."

And hearing this really makes everything worse for Yeri, she feels more guilty.

"I'm really sorry, but i was the one who take her to Jungkook oppa, he met his mom because of me."

"What do you mean?"

"uh..i was the one who found her, I know her."

Well, talking about Junsu is probably not the best choice and it'll just makes everything becoming more complicated so she choose to not talk about it at all.

"Really?"

He sounds so surprised, shocked maybe. There's a pause from him before he's continuing his talk and it also makes Yeri feels bad for hiding this from him.

"Does your parents know?"

"No, they're not. They just know she was here, but they don't know anything else."

She and Jungkook kept so many secrets from their parents regarding this, and she doesn't even know why they did that.

"I'm really sorry." She does feels sorry to him so she said that.

"Your mother always told me about how she thinks that you and Jungkook being together is never a coincidence, i used to not believe in her, because for me both of you were just a young college student who's liking each other and stuffs. But..now you’re telling me that you actually found my ex wife? I’ve been looking for her all this time."

That sounds too grand and too magnificent if someone said it like that, but she also find the whole thing was absurd.

"yes.."

"Do you know the reason i was angry at him, Yerimmie?"

It's always nice to talk with Jungkook's dad everytime she has a chance, she doesn't as strict as her dad and really good with his words. He makes her feels at ease despite sometimes making her worried and scared too.

"I don’t know the exact reason, but i do understand why you're dissapointed by how things turns out."

She can heard a chuckles coming from him.

"Me and Jungkook is a team. We've been going through the hardest obstacle in life as a team, i know seeing his mom again is probably one of the hardest thing to do for him right now, but it's quite baffled me that he did it behind my back, it'll probably hard for me too, knowing where she is and how her life after she left, but at least we can give support to each other, right?"

Yeri always think that Jungkook should’ve tell his dad about this since long time ago, they had fight because of this before, but on the other hand she also understand why he choose to keep things hidden.

“He doesn't want you to get hurt."

"I know, that's why i called him. I want to apologize and I want to give him supports even if i'm late."

"That’s great."

"He probably already received the biggest support from you.."

"No, he's not. I'm the one who makes it harder for him."

"I know you don't. I'll call again in the morning, good night."

Yeri is back to Jungkook's room when she's done with the phone call. It's the first time in her life as someone else's girlfriend that she takes their private phone call. She never did this before.

She's not doing anything but standing in front of the bed with Jungkook on it, she's watching him and thinking what kind of a person he is in other's eyes, in his dad's eyes, in her parent's eyes, what his friends thinking about him, Seoyeon, Junghyun, Junsu, his mom. People's perception of him will definetely different with hers, it's been a year for Yeri and she feels like the proccess of learning about Jungkook as a person will continue till a very long time.
She's surprised by a sudden movement from him when she’s still busy with her random thoughts, he's looking for her with his hands, looks like he's aware that Yeri is not there with him, and it bothers him especially inside a dark room like this.

"I'm here."  She's back to an empty spot next to Jungkook, and takes his hand quickly before she's wrapping him on her arms.

"Where did you go?" He talks still with his eyes closed.

"I was out for a minute."

"What time is it?"

"2 AM." And he stopped talking after that.

If Yeri spend a night with Jungkook, she's the one who always wake up first, Jungkook only do that for special occassions like yesterday, and everything feels normal again , when she wakes up with him still sleeping next to her.

It's sunday, last day before both of them back to their respective daily life, Yeri with her college life and Jungkook with his life as an office worker. He promised her a date today, but she thinks he needs to do something more important than a date with her.

"What are you doing?"

Jungkook finally wakes up one hour after Yeri, and that's the first thing he said when he find her  roaming around his closet, taking a few pair of clothes and put it to a backpack.

"I'm packing your clothes."

"Yeah. i can see it, what for?"

She takes a sit next to him, and ruffling his hair with a quick movement, there's a possibility for him to disliking her idea.

"A hometown trip." He looks confused and tilting his head to her.

"Your dad called last night." She gives him his phone and he check the call log immediately.

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah, i did. Sorry."

"What did he say?"

"He said a lot of things."

Jungkook looks completely awake now, he's dressing himself in a quick movement, wearing his glasses, left the room and start using his phone again.

She's following him out while dragging his backpack, she already packed everything including clothes he needs for work tomorrow, she's basically a housewife for doing this to him.

"He's still not picking up."

"You should just go."

"Why? did he asked me to go?"

"No, but i encouraged you to do that."

"What did he say last night?"

"I'll tell you, but you need to stop freaking out, he is fine."

She holds Jungkook by the hand and pat his back for a few times, he manage to take a sit and focusing his eyes on his phone again.

"Really?"

Jungkook asked Yeri that question when she finally finished with her talk about last night conversation she had with his dad.

"Yeah, you know I can not lie to you."

He is not responding anything but taking her hand, holding it and giving her a smile.

"You did great."

"What do you mean i did great? He is fine. He's doing great by himself already."

“I can't be like you, i'm not good at being honest with him about my mother, we're avoiding talking and discussing anything about her for years, i couldn't just tell him that i met her and stuffs. I'm not you, Kim Yerim !"

Yeri is slightly taken aback because he raise his voice to her and she ended up pulling her hand from him in reflects.

"Sorry." and he said sorry immediately.

"It's ok." She understand that this is hard for him, somehow.

“Just try it. He's worried about you."

And now she's the one who reach for his hand, caressing it with her finger and giving it a squeeze. He looks even more troubled with that.

"If you don't want to talk, then why are you trying hard to call him, you were complaining about him ignoring you.."

"I just want to make sure that he is ok, that he is not gone. I don't have plan to tell him everything."

Jeon Jungkook in his most complicated form, sometimes she's having a really hard time to understand his approach over a problem. Just like right now.

"That’s fine if you don’t want to do it, but please..just for once.. do it for me."

And again she feels bad to do this, using her privillege as his girlfriend to makes him do something he doesn’t want to, a sacrifice.

"You know that was my last weapon to makes you do something, right?"

"I know"

***



3 days get away with Jungkook was begin with her plan to celebrate their anniversary and ended with her sending him away for a hometown trip. What a twist, as usual.

They're already out from the building and wait for a taxi driver to pick them up. Jungkook is going to use the train for his travel.

"Call me when you reach home."

He's still holding Yeri's hand as they’re waiting and she nods her head to him, honestly, parting ways with him is always not easy.

"You don't looks like a grown up if you dressed like this."

Jungkook is wearing a bucket hat, long sleeves back shirt, a sweat pants, also black, and a backpack.

"Really?"

 

“You looks like a high schooler on a field trip and i'm your older sister."

She talks while laughing because it's really true, she's out with full make up and nice clothes because she needs to see a few of her high school friends after this, they found out about Yeri and Jaebum and Jungkook, they demand a full story about it and since her date with Jungkook is cancelled she said yes to them.

"You're a great sister, Soohyun and Junghyun told me."

"Thanks."

One taxi is stopping in front of them, and the driver ask for Jungkook.

"That's yours."

"You take it, i won't let you stay here alone."

Of course he won't.

"Alright." She get into the car and says good bye to him.


And she thinks that’s how her relationship will work every single time.