Sixteen

Second Chance

 

"Just stay the night, Jungkook-ah"

Looks like Yeri who’s being clingy and acting like a total baby to her boyfriend, the whole thing is also take her dad attentions. He talks to Jungkook right before he went into bed. Looks like he knows Yeri doesn’t want to let him go, so he give his permission first.

"No, i'll be coming home after she fall asleep."

Yeri is already closing her eyes on the couch in front of the tv but she opened her eyes again when she heard what he said.

"I won't sleep till tomorrow. You need to stay."

"That's such an embarrassing thing to say, but anyway..good luck dealing with my daughter."

Her dad is leaving them to his room and Yeri now gets up from her sleep and sit in front of Jungkook. She is tired and sleepy but she still wants to see him.

"Our relationship..this totally sounds like i love you more than you love me, right?"

Just like how her relationship with jaebum before. And it’s probably worst with Jungkook since she seems to love him more than she ever loved Jaebum.

"I'm sure that's not the case."

He is playing with her messy hair and fixing it with his own hand.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really tired right now after the long trip. But i'm still here with you, trying to makes you feel better because i don't want you to fall asleep in such a bad mood cause, you hated your day even though i have no idea what is going on."

Well..he's right..

"I think i actually love you more than your expectation Kim Yerim."

He bring her closer to him while linking his arms to her waist and start to kissing her. Her parents won't mind if they saw but there were also Soohyun and Junghyun. Yeri prefer to do these kind of things when they were alone so she can do whatever she wants without being wary for being a bad example to her younger siblings. But looks like without her saying anything, Jungkook is also aware about that.

"What would you say to your sister if she saw this?" That's what he said while smiling at her.
So handsome.

"She is  not as innocent as you think."

"She is 10 years old."

"Right."

Yeri is looking down now while staring at her new polished nail. Confused about something.

"How is your dad?"

His eyes looks gloomy when she asked.

"Dr. Lee is staying with him. He really need to get controlled. I already got rid every trace of my mother while hopings he won't get curious about it no more."

Listening to it, just making her feels more wronged for lying about his mother existence.

"If i were you, i'll probably give her a chance to explain things."

She said it without thinking. He thought Jungkook will get annoyed or mad but he is smiling at her.

"I think that's because you're a better person than me. Ì can't do that."

"I am not a better person.."

"Maybe.. but you are staying with me after what happened. I was treating you really bad but you're still willing to be with me, care for me and my family.. I think you were right. I should just be grateful to you for the rest of my life, right?"

It supposed to be a very nice thing to heard coming from someone. Your boyfriend especially, its totally show how much he treasure their relationship but the only thing she feels right now is guilt and regrets.

"You're going to stay until i fall asleep, right?"

"No, i can go right now if you want me to."

"How about me going with you for a date..."

It's not like she doesn't know about Jungkook who's being tired and stressed right now. But she really needs more time to be with him, hoping that before today ended she could have a courage to tell him everything, about Junsu, about his mother.

"A date? At time like this?"

"You know that one place i showed you few days ago, the one you hates because you thought it'd be too hot for having a lunch ."

"The picnic one?"

"Yup."

Yeri is already wearing her jacket, she doesn't bother to changing her pajamas or put some make up for a date. Jungkook is watching her, confused but smiling afterwards and takes her hand.

"Let's go then."

 

 

She is driving because she's worried Jungkook will becoming too tired while doing that.

"Where were you usually going for a date?"

He talks to her while helps her tying her hair with a scrunchy she left on his car for months. It’s ended up as a messy asymmetric pony tail.

"I love staying at your place the most."

She said that to tease Jungkook, because he doesn't like goes on a date. She doesn't remember what kind of place she's been to for a date with him.

"That's funny."

"Well..it's a sarcasm but also the truth."

Jungkook looks quite annoyed because she is not answering his question, he stopped talk to her after that, It's him sulking.

"I love movies date the most." He is still not responding even after she said that and she find it hilarious.

"Watching new released movie as a date is fun. I love going to movies..but i've never been on a date like that for years."

"Why?"

"Yoon Jaebum hates it.." She take a glance to him to see any change from his expression after Jaebum's name came out but there's nothing.

"He told me he hates it. It was too noisy for him, so of course the stupid me was adjusting myself to his preference.But then one day, i saw him on a movies date with Seoyeon...."

She never talked about this to Jungkook before so, he quite surprise and now she gain his attentions back.

" Why did you let him to do that  really.."

"It was me in the past. I'm nothing like that right now."

"I've never been on a movies since i was a kid. For obvious reason."

He has fear to a dark place, like of course Yeri knows it and that's why she never ask him to do a movies date.

"Do you want to go for a movies date?"

She feels surprised with that question, and she shakes her head firmly.

"No, you don't need to do that for me."

Jungkook stopped his talk and now they just stopped talking for a while. Awkward.

"Dr. Lee told me that my fear is nothing near a phobia. It was not a disease. It was just me torturing myself with traumatic memorized because i refused to let it go. I've been receiving treatment for that.."

Damn. Jeon Jungkook and his little secret. Yeri feels quite disappointed because he's not saying anything about this. She want to help.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"There is still no progress at all."

He sounds so frustrated even though he told her this with a smile. So she decided to stop bothers him with this.

 

***

 

"I didn't know this place is still open even in midnight." 

They finally arrive, and since Yeri is already been here before she knows where to go for a nice spot. She hold Jungkook's hand and he's right. This place is better to visited at night.

"So you actually had a date with other man on a place like this?"

She is not answering him. She doesn't want to talk about Junsu with him. Not yet.

"Why?" And again he noticed her change of behaviour.

"Nothing. It wasn't a date. It was a lunch"

There are even more couple on this place than few days ago when she came here with Junsu. Maybe because it's a night time or something..people are drinking, talking, kissing, hugging, they're doing everything without caring about being seen with others. It's fascinating for her somehow.

"Do you want something. I'll buy it for you." There is one convenience store near place they stay. She shakes her head and let Jungkook go. 

And now she’s just staring at people in front of her. Thinking about something random, In this whole world, out of 50 millions people in this country..why would she met Jungkook in such circumstances. Why can't he become her senior in high school or some random person she met in a library instead of a complicated person with horrible past and unexpected connection with her parents.

She close her eyes trying to remember all the things Junsu said to her in this place few days ago. Jungkook's mom for him is an angel, the one who helped him and fix everything on his life. He sounds so fond of her, meanwhile Jungkook, he always talk about her with pain.
How could such thing happened?

She's opening her eyes when someone put a snapback on her head, it was Jungkook.

"It's quite cold here, so wear that."

It's one of his favorite cap, he's wearing this often and he always bring this one on his car.

"Did you went to get this? for me? how sweet."

She's taking off the snapback and staring at it before using it again, Jungkook is already next to her again.

"So what is good from this place."

Well.. Yeri was excitedly promoting this place to him when she was here with Junsu because it was so beautiful, calming, and such a pretty place..but now, it's quite different.

"The scenery is pretty i think." She answers the question quickly.

"You're right."

"Do you want to hear a funny story?"

Jungkook is staring back at her when Yeri talk to him.

"What story?"

"Something about you..and me." He is not looking happy at all with what she said, he just confused and curious.

"It's not serious or anything, it's just something my brother told me.."

"What about it?"
She take a sit closer to Jungkook and talks while holding his hands. She doesn't usually do this, but tonight she just want to do it.

"Do you know that Junghyun is disliking all my boyfriend, except you?"

"I don't know, but i'm not surprised if that was the case."

"How?"

She is blinking her eyes to him, curious about his answer since she doesn't know what kind of topic Junghyun usually talk to him, and she thinks the topic of her boyfriends is not supposed to be included.

"I just know"

"Did he trash talking my ex to you?"

"Not really. He’s actually trash talking about you to me."

"What did he say?"

Jungkook is staring at her while laughing at her face, she looks curious but also annoyed, and the talk about his brother on their date is probably funny for him.

"He said that, your boyfriends were behaving like trash because you let them to."

She is pulling herself from Jungkook, letting go of his hand and stopped looking at him well..she knows what it means roughly but it's just..

"And what do you say about that?" She give him a question instead.

"I don't know..I never want to behave like a trash because of you. I was bad at treating you, i admit..but you had nothing to do with that, it’s just me..i'm not a nice person in general."

She is smiling after heard what he said, it’s kind of funny.

"Why?"

"No..i just never heard someone called you as a bad person, not even from Jung Seoyeon. Everyone likes you, my parents like you, my siblings like you.."

"That's because they don't know the real me. You're the only person i torture, all that insults and all the emotions i showed you, angers, sadness, everything..i never did any of it in front of anyone else. Do you think, they will still like me after knowing how messed up my life is?"

It wasn’t a good thing to heard to be honest, she already lost her smile, it's Jungkook who talks to her while let out a little laugh in between his words.

He was harsh to her, he was hurting her feelings for so many times, it's all true. She thought he was rude to everyone and he just an in daily life, but it looks like he only did that to her, he didn't do that to anyone else, not even Seoyeon.

Well, he never did anything bad to her anymore right now, her first impression of him is so different with her impression of him right now. But still..it’s quite weird to be treated like that.

"I think that's where the funny part started.."

"What do you mean?"

"For example, Yoon Jaebum never called me dumb, he never called me as a golden fish, he never doubting me everytime i said i love you to him..but i still got hurt because of him."

She lift her face to Jungkook and he only responding her words with a deep stare, no smile, no laugh, just a stare.

"That's what Junghyun means. I let them hurting me in such a way where they don't even realized.. i let them did that."

She is back to looking at the scenery in front of her..

"I wasn't showing the real me to all of them, do you think all those men will like me if i act like how i'm acting in front of you? i'm demanded, easily jealous, sensitive, i was calling you out for every little things i don't like from you, i'm calling you a trash, i also hurts you with what i said… You treated me bad, yes.. but i also did the same thing."

Just like what Junghyun told her, she changed after she met Jungkook, she put a value on herself..never do unnecessary sacrifices which can ended up hurting her for him.

"I think that's why we found each other, right?"

Jungkook finished his drink in one shot before he gets up from his sit to put his empty bottle into a trash can in front of him.

Maybe he's right, there's a reason for her to meet him in such circumstances and it's not because of what happened to their parents, but because two personified chaos whose job is pretending in front of everyone need a shelter.

"Maybe.." Yeri is still having one longer thoughts on her minds, but she begin to become more positive about it, what if she's here to also help Jungkook fix his life just like how Junsu did it with the help from his mother.

"Be grateful.."

Jungkook is walking back to their sit while laughing and Yeri is walking fast to his direction so now they're standing in front of each other.

"Thank you."

That's what she said when he start kissing her in public, for the first time. The stupid event he made, the john mayer song and kiss he gave to makes their exes jealous in front of everyone is not counted. She knows a few pair of eyes is watching them but again, almost every couple is doing this so it's not actually awkward or embarrassing.

 




Yeri is ended up driving again on their way back, because Jungkook is already asleep. They spend quite a long time to talk about a lot of things..but she still doesn't have any courage to tell him about his mother. It's just hard, really hard.

Even now, when she is already in his apartment’s parking lot, she is still contemplating about a good way to tell him the truth, She try to wakes him up, but since he is a heavy sleeper. He won't wake up like this. And it’s honestly making her relieved.

She choose to not working hard for wake him up, and decide to help him instead. It's a great thing that he’s not living in such a high floor on this building, so she can still help him walk. His head was bump into the elevator door for few times but he still not wake up.
This is probably one of the worst habit from him. She usually hates it, but today..she actually fine with it. Strange.

She manage to throw him to his bed after a few minutes of struggles, it's exhausting..and she's only doing this because she loves him. She close his bedroom door and now sitting on the living room.

It doesn't feels right to leave him without talking about what happened today, she literally found his long lost mother. Hiding it is totally not making any sense, so she decide to see him again.

She found Jungkook is still sleeping, he looks so tired, and it’s no use even if she force him to listen what she said, nothing will worked. She decide to laying next to him, holding him close and rest her head on his arms, waiting for him to wakes up, It's better for her to try.

"do you hear me?" She start to talk close to his ears, but he is not responding anything.

"I saw your mom.."

Yeri doesn't even know why she's doing this, but she just want to say it.

"Not from old pictures or your drawing, i saw her with my own eyes, your mom at the same age with mine..she's so pretty and she doesn't looks like you."

She is back at staring to Jungkook in front of her who's still sleeping soundly. This is no use, and she is aware of it, but she just want to use this one as a practice so she can tell him in a better way when he awakes.

"She doesn't looks like a problem..not like your expectation, she's not cruel or anything. She looks fine.."

That was such a bad thing to say about her, especially in front of Jungkook whose life is being ruined and tortured for years because of her. She ended up let out a frustrating groan because she doesn't know how to do this.

"He'll probably hate me if i said that.."

She close her eyes and choose to sleep, it won't work today.

***


Jungkook is a really heavy sleeper and sometimes he also talk on his sleep, only happened when he's really really tired like right now. Yeri is already awake while listening to some sort of weird conversation he's doing with himself.

It's 3 AM in the morning. She's staring at the ceiling, looks like he’s mumbling some stuffs about his work with his father, about renovating his office. He keeps doing it for one or two minutes before he finally stopped. She’s looking at him and she's surprised with what she found. He woke up already, his face is completely pale, and the reason is obvious. She forgot to turning on the light when they get here.

"You're going to be ok." She is caressing his hand and ready to getting down from the bed for turning on the light. But Jungkook is holding her, he's not letting her go.

"No, i can do this." Yeri is not sure if he can, he looks like a sick person, and she's worried.

"You said you want a movie date, right?"

She is looking at him in disbelief, she's glad that he’s trying to overcome his fear, but come on..what kind of reason is that.

"I do want it, but i also don't want you to die."

"I don’t die, it's not about my body or anything, it's all in my head."

He talks fast and he's also sounds annoyed.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just stay."

She is still looking at him really close, it's bad, it just like how she had her cramp because too many ice cream inside her stomach being digested few months ago. His pain looks really bad. And it makes her feels sorry, how can she told him about meeting his mother whose life is great, having a new family, a new son, celebrating her 10th wedding anniversary with no problem while he's living his life like this.

"What's wrong?"

He is noticed her and her tears, she's crying because she feels bad.

"I don’t know. I guess i just feels bad for unable to help."

"You're helping."

He looks a little bit better as they talk and now he doesn't have a hard time to breath. Just his face is still pale.

"How?" 

"With being here for me. You are a distraction, remember?"

He give her a forced smile as he said it and he's start to closing his eyes again. Yeri is doing nothing but watching him and stopped talking to him. She just hold him and patting his back till he fall asleep again.

 

***

 

Rush morning time with Jungkook is not one of Yeri’s favorite moment. He's so noisy and have too many complaints if his schedule was tight in time just like right now. She is still sleeping on his bed, but it sounds like a war outside. He is talking on the phone while making some toast and he also let the tap water open in the bathroom. He doesn't looks like an experienced and independent person who's been living alone for years.

"Are you late for something?"

She’s out from the room after cleaning up some mess Jungkook created inside, the bathroom water, few of his shirt on the floor, and some little things.

"Yeah, a meeting."

He just finished a phone call when she saw him. He is standing in front of the fridge and busy on making a blueberry toast, his favorite. Yeri walks to him and take the toast from his hand without saying anything.  Looks like, he’s taking over some his dad job while he’s still receiving his treatments. Jungkook knows nothing about business since he didn't learn about it in school but he has no other choice.

"You can ask for my help."

"I don't even have time to wake you up."

He walks away from the kitchen and now packing a few of document to his backpack. He usually used that one for his lecture back in college and he's still using that one as businessman. Cute.

"I'm not a heavy sleeper, you can wake me up, easily, i won't take lots of your time."

He is nodding his head because he knows she is also put a little bit complaints on that words.

"Thank you for taking me home last night." He's continuing his talk and she lift her face to him.

"You're welcome. I bumped your head to the elevator door, so it might be get hurt later."

"You did that?"

"Sorry."

Yeri is done with his toast so she brings it to him and help him eating it.

"Your mother called earlier..you didn't tell them about staying with me last night, so they're worried."

"Right..i forgot about that."

She put Jungkook's toast on the table and searching for her phone back in the bedroom. There are a few calls from her mother and from Junsu. She really need to tell Jungkook about him.

She put her phone back and running to him, he is already finished his toast and ready to go. Looks like he already too late to even listen her talks about last night.

 

"I can't drop you home right now. You..just wait here and i'll be back in few hours."

"No, i can go home by myself."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But please come to see me if you're done with your work." He is looking at her, puzzled but manage to nod his head.

"Why?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Ok."

He give Yeri a smile and she come to him for a hug. It's quite hard today to part ways with him since she's still not saying anything about his mother and she feels wronged.

"It's not a good time to do this, you’re a distraction."

She is laughing really hard because of what he said. It was so cringy and stupid but she likes it.

"Good luck. Love you."

She send him away with a kiss, hoping for a good day to him and for him to always stay happy.

 

***


 

Yeri is back to her home right before lunch time. It's really taking her by surprise when she find Junsu is here, talking with Junghyun and also her mom who's strangely not going to work today. It makes her nervous somehow..what if Junsu told her about his mother and his family story and then everyone will find out about Jungkook's mother existence.

She is joining them in hope everything is fine.

"What are you doing here?" She asked Junsu that question with an awkward smile.

"I'm here to see you."

She’s taking a glance to her mom who doesn't looks surprised or confused and it seems like she already heard the story of last night mess from them.

"He’s worried because you left like that yesterday.." Junghyun is the one who's speaking now.

"I am fine. Totally fine."

"I want you to join me for a lunch..with my mother. She said she feels bad about last night and.."

Yeri is staring at her mom and Junghyun when the talk about his mother came out. Trying to see if they actually aware about who she is, judging from their reactions, looks like that thing is still a knowledge for her only.

"I can't go because i have works to do." Junghyun is talking to her while showing off an open laptop in front of him.

"I asked your mom to join and she said yes." And it’s Junsu’s turn now.

"No, you can't."

That is so messed up..

"Why? it's my paid leave, Junsu said is fine and i heard his mom is also my age we can all get along."

"No, you won't."

"Well..that was rude." Her mom looks slightly annoyed.

"I mean..Jungkook oppa will be here and..can you stay with him and making him food or cake on my behalf? He was having a hard time last night."

It's a stupid lie.

"Really? Ok, then i'll stay and do some bake. You go with Junsu."

Her mom likes Jungkook so much and Yeri is sure she won't have a heart to refuse her request.

She is taking a quick shower, changing her clothes and put on some make up very quickly. She doesn't feels good to let Junsu talk to her mom for long.

"Let's go." everyone is surprise with how quick she prepared.

 

***



"So..this Jungkook oppa, is he your boyfriend?" Yeri feels slightly uncomfortable when Junsu ask about him.

"His name is somewhat familiar.."

There's no way he knew about Jungkook right?  if he knows, how could he live his life just fine knowing he steal someone else's life. She knows calling him stealing is a little bit too much, that was a total unfair, judgment coming from her for Junsu, she shakes her head lightly to wipe all of those thoughts and give him a smile. The kid is not at fault.

"Really? maybe i already mentioned his name to you before?"

"Probably."

The journey feels so long because Yeri feels nervous, scared, and confused. what should she say to Jungkook's mom?
She's not brave enough to ask or confronting her about what she did to him, and she’s not kind enough to act friendly and ask her about Junsu or her life. This is ambiguous and confusing.

Junsu is taking her to a french restaurant. It was not too fancy but pretty. She walk side by side with Junsu, heavy step, messed up brain. This is not supposed to happened, not before she told Jungkook everything.

In one table at the corner, she can see a middle-aged woman drinking her tea, so elegant and pretty even in her eyes.

"My mom is already here." well..of course she already know it before Junsu tell her anything.

Her hand is really cold so she holds it together to makes it a little bit warm.

"Mom, this is my friend i told you about."

And when the woman lift her face to her, Yeri really regretting what she's doing right now, she has the big and dazzling eyes, exactly like Jungkook, and that moment she doesn't want to see anyone else but him, saying sorry to him for agreeing to do this and acting like she knows nothing.


"Oh..hi!"

Jungkook's mom is holding out her hand for her and she is hesitate to take it, she's willing to do it after Junsu shrug her shoulder. She is not saying anything to her but give her a forced smile. Junsu pull a chair for her to sit but Yeri choose to sit in other chair. She doesn't even know why she did that.

"It's really nice to finally see you."

What should she say about her first impression of Jungkook's mom. She just looks pretty, elegant, younger than her age, and she totally looks fine. Even after leaving her husband and her kid without any news and made some kind of impact in other people's life, she just looks fine, happy. And with that she can not say the same thing to her, it's not actually nice to meet her.

"Yeri and his brother, is my childhood friend, they were really kind to me, so i want you to meet them."

One waitress is come to her table to get her order and Yeri doesn't have a will to eat right now.

"what do you want?" Junsu is asking her but she is acting like some sulking kid right now.

"Anything is fine."

He looks annoyed and ready to back at her but his phone is ringing. He takes it from his pocket and staring at the screen.

"it's Junghyun."

Junghyun?

Both Yeri and his mom is watching him talks with Junghyun on phone.

"Oh..right, the french restaurant i told you earlier..why?"

"Yeri's boyfriend? oh right..i'll tell her."

Yeri has no other boyfriend other than Jungkook, so it's obvious Junsu is talking about him.

"What is it?" She’s questioning him as soon as the phone call ended.

"You left your phone at home, and your boyfriend is on his way to bring it here."

She checks her bag immediately, and he’s right, she forgot to take her phone, bad habit.

"Wait? what do you mean?"

"Is there anything wrong?" Jungkook's mom is talking to her with a very sweet voice but she doesn't even want to answer her. Jungkook is on his way here, and that's not good.

"I already told Junghyun about this place and he was just making sure if he tell your boyfriend the right place, he'll probably reach here in a minute because he already left your home for quite sometimes, that's it."

Junsu looks a little bit offended with Yeri who's acting busy by herself and basically ignoring him and his mother, he talks really fast.


"Welcome."

She turns her face to the entrance door when a bunch of waitress is greeting one customer who just got here. It's Jungkook, still wearing his suit from this morning, holding Yeri’s phone and give all the waitress a smile. Yeri gets up from her seat really quick after seeing him, it takes Junsu and his mom attentions. And after that everything looks like a very wild and bad fantasy. Jungkook saw everything, she’s having a lunch with his long lost mother and another guy he doesn't know. He looks so surprised, taken aback, lost, and confused. His eyes is showing something that even more complicated than sadness, it was hatred, angers, and disappointment, Yeri can see his hand shaking so he puts in to his pocket quickly. And with this, she can not say anything, not to Jungkook, not to Junsu, not to herself.


Her attentions for Jungkook only distracted by the woman in front of her who also gets up from her sit very quickly and staring at him, she knows him, she knows him very well. Her eyes start to get teary, but she's also not saying anything.

It was Jungkook who left first, he left everyone including Yeri, the only thing he did before leaving is to put her phone on a table near where he stand before. Yeri is running outside to chase him, she still manage to hold his hand right before he get in to his car, but he tossed her hand from him, really hard and it's hurting her.
She never see a grown up man cry in a public restaurant at lunch time, but Jungkook is doing it now, he's crying and she doesn't know what to say to him.

"So you're not actually naive and innocent like what everyone is thinking about you.."

He wipes his tears and now talk with those intimidating eyes and tone, he pushing her hand away and get into his car, he left.
Yeri turns her face to the restaurant window where she can see Junsu is calming her crying mother, she's not saying anything to him, not even a goodbye.

 

***


What was just happened? that's what on her mind when she sit on the backseat of a taxi, going to Jungkook's place. That was happened too fast and she can not even recall every scene on her brain neatly. She just know that Jungkook was hurt by this, by her.

Yeri is glad that she knows Jungkook’s password to enter the house because if she didn't there's no way, his door will opened for her. She's opening it slowly, the place is dark, and this doesnt' usually happened. He hates it. He always turning on the light on every room if he's home.

"I should change that password really quick." She is almost screaming when there's a shadow of someone sitting on the dining table, it's Jungkook.

"Why don't you turning on the light?" She is walking closer to him.

"I think i'm not scared of dark anymore, i'm scared of you. Really scared."

That words is so harsh, and he said it seriously, not as a joke, his voice is really thin, and it looks like he's been crying for a while. She take a sit in front of him, and reaching out her hands to hold his, but he's avoiding it.

"I am scared of you, is that clear?"

He left her to his room, shut the door without saying any words, and the only thing she can do is watching him. Yeri stayed for almost one hour, here in an empty dining room but Jungkook is not coming out from his room at all, and she’s understand if this thing is enough to making him angry. So she decide to knock on his locked door while knowing she’ll get zero response from it.


"I'm going home. I'll be here tomorrow morning, let's talk." That's what she said before she left.

 

***


Back at home Yeri was bombarded by Junghyun and his questions regarding today's mess.

"What's going on?" She still have no courage to talk about this to her parents or her family.

“Lee Junsu was here, he came, twice. He's looking for you and he said he'll be back tonight."

"Can you tell him that i'm sick or something, i don't want to see him.."

"Why?"

"Just help me."

And he stopped asking after that, Yeri is locking herself on her room, staring at her phone. There are a few messages that Jungkook sent him earlier today, she left her phone at home so she's still not reading it yet.


I forgot to tell you this, but you're really a great help last night. I never been sleeping so peaceful in the dark. Good job.

Reading this right now, really makes her feels so stupid.

I'm coming to your home. I'm thinking about a movie date for tonight, not in a real movies, maybe we could make one in my place.

She decides to send a reply for these messages. Not a long one, she just send I'm sorry to him. And there's no reply coming from him obviously.

 

***

Next morning, Yeri don't even bother with breakfast or a cup of coffee. She just use her car and drive to Jungkook’s place first thing after she finished with her shower. It's still 6AM.

Yeri is not knocking the door and going straight in with putting the password to his door but it's declined. He eventually changed it and she realized he is never gone this mad at her before. So she’s back to the inconvenient way, press the bell and knock on the door. She needs to talk to him, explaining herself and making him feels better.

It's already 5 minutes for her to press the door bell and knocking on the door but there's still no response from Jungkook. A few of his neighbour is coming out to see the culprit who's ruining their morning and she’s bowing her head to them everytime that happened.

She also use her phone to call him, it gets through, his phone is not dead or anything, but  he is rejecting all of her calls, and he makes it obvious.

"I won't leave, even if you ignore me till tomorrow, i won't leave this door at all."

She talks to him right in front of the door near screaming, she's sure Jungkook is hearing it.

There are tons of reasons for her to why she's doing this, she doesn't want Jungkook to gets hurt and feels bad after what happened, she doesn't want him to lost his trust on her and falling out of love for her, because at this point a break up with him is something she can't handles. And she also doesn't want Jungkook to have a regrets for losing his chance at making things get better for his family. It's probably impossible for his dad to getting back together with his mom, but at least he could hear the reason to why his life ruined, so he has a chance to let everything go without any hatred and hurt feelings, have a happy life with her.

She start to feels helpless when it's been 3 hours for her, standing in front of Jungkook’s door, sitting on the floor, pitiful. This is the first time for her to actually put Jungkook above herself and her comfort. She never did this before. She's doing this far for a forgiveness from a person, it is totally shows how high Jungkook's value for her.


It's 9.30 AM when Jungkook is finally opening his door for Yeri, he looks surprised when he find her sitting on the corridor in front of his door, still with a smile. He probably thought that she’s giving up already.

"Finally.."

She knows Jungkook is far from willing to accept her and her existence on his house, but she needs to be shameless for a chance to talk with him. She push his hands from the door and coming in while taking one box of milk from the fridge. Jungkook is still not saying anything, he just watching her on silent without a smile or affection on his eyes.

"Thank you for letting me in."

She’s begin talking to him while looking down because this is honestly so embarrassing.

"I'm letting you in because you're a daughter of my dad's best friend."

Did he really said that? not a girlfriend but an acquaintance?

She really want to cry, but still holding it really well, she  manage to give him one smile.

"Still..thank you."

She finished her milk and throw the box to a trash can in the kitchen while Jungkook is watching every movements she made.

"I'm sorry." She said it after a long thinking regarding what words should she say to him.

"Is that the only thing you could say to me?"

The response from him is beyond cold, it was harsh.

"Listen..whatever is on your mind, i never did all of it on purpose, i never wanted to hurt you, and Junsu.."

"He is her son. I know."

She is now staring at Jungkook, because from where he know all of this.

"I always wondering who the hell is that guy, i receive some pictures from my father's employee when they were working on looking for my mother. At first i thought she had some kind of relationship with him or something..."

The way he said it... it's really annoying, he treat Junsu as some kind of toy, and he looks down to his mother that much.|

"But i guess, it is worse because the guy is her son and he’s also your friend. And you know everything about it.”


She is not saying anything because she doesn't know that Junsu is already on Jungkook's radar even before she knew about his mother.

"Is this a revenge?" He ask her with a low voice but it is enough to scattered her heart. She’s still not saying anything, this is actually hard, really hard.

"Because i was behaving like a jerk to you, torturing you, humiliating you..and you made this plan for me? If that was your goal, i gotta say it worked. You did well on your revenge, again, congratulations."

It's not, it is totally not the case. Yeri can't believe, he has that kind of thoughts regarding this. She loves him for real, she cares for him sincerely, it has nothing to do with this mess. It's really hurt, his words, so she can't help it and start crying.

"How could you have that kind of thoughts about me?"

"The same way with you, when you thought i made a secret plan with Jaebum and Seoyeon..just like that."

He let out a mocking smile, well..she knows that feeling so she can not fight him with any argument about that.”


"I just found out, i don’t know Junsu has connection with your mother, he was just a long lost friend that i finally see again. There's no plan, no revenge."

Jungkook is taking a deep breath before he say something to her again. Yeri knows that this is also hard for him.

"Then why didn't you tell me? you were with me all night, and not even once you're thinking if i have a right to know?"

"I had those thoughts, i was going to tell you everything but i don't know how to tell you without hurting your feeling. You were so happy, you smiled, you laughed..i was trying to not ruining it for you."

He is now sweeping his hair, he totally looks so stressed about this.

"It is my life. Just because i let you sleep in my bed doesn't means you have a control over my whole life.."

Jerk. How could he said that? Yeri can see a slight of guilt on his expression when he finished that words, but it's too late, she already heard it.

"Is that how our relationship is? Is that how you see me this whole time? "

She start wearing her bag and her jacket while Jungkook is not answering her question at all.

"I was going to stop seeing Junsu for the rest of my life because i don't want to heard and see his perfect life while yours is hard. I was going to sacrifice my friendship for you, because i rather lost anyone else than you. It’s true that i made a mistake but i did it because i love you."

She left Jungkook who's still not saying anything, she's not an angel who can act like she's fine after hearing such insults, not even from Jungkook. She walks very slowly hoping to him for holding her back so they can stopped the fight and fix everything. But he's still not here, even when she already reach the lobby and a familiar face is standing in front of her.

 

***


"What are you doing here?" It’s Lee Junsu, she comes to him while running and drag his hand away from this place.

"You're avoiding me."

"Yes, i am..and now why are you here?" Junsu is not so different with Jungkook, he looks stressed too.

"My mom want to see you, give her a chance, please..Noona.."

He never called her that since forever, but right now he looks so desperate and it makes her feels bad. Looks like Jungkook's mother is a very precious person to him that he's willing to go this far for doing her a favor.

"Kim Yerim!" Yeri turns her head when someone is calling her from afar. It’s Jungkook, He’s running to her direction but stopped right away when he saw Junsu.

And the next thing happened is like a dejavu for her, she remember that one night when Jaebum punched Jungkook on his face because he kissed her, but this time Jungkook is not the victim. It was one light punch from him to Junsu's face, but it's enough to makes a scene and makes her really angry.

"What are you doing?" She pushed Jungkook away and hold Junsu's face with her hands, few peoples come them and help him gets up.

"I'm ok." He told her, he is fine and giving Yeri a smile, he looks so pitiful.

"He is just a kid, he doesn't know anything, you have no right to treat him like this."

She said it to Jungkook because she is upset, and with that, he left everyone, walking back to his room. Yeri was going to chase him but Junsu is holding her hands.

"I know everything. My mom already told me, and i think he has every right to beat me up." He talks while chuckling and it makes her relieved that he is fine for real.

"No, he's not. Listen, you fix this wound, makes sure you're ok. I'll call you later."

She pat his shoulder and begin to chase Jungkook, she's running really fast, and she made it right before he get into his apartment.

"What was that?" She hold his arms and force him to turn his face to her.

Jungkook is not saying anything, so she keep staring at him, demanding something from him, an explanation.

"You don't go around beating people up if you're mad at me. That's not the way we're doing it."  He tossed her hands on his arms and laugh at her. A sarcastic laugh.

"That kid is not "people".. he is the one who steal everything from me."

Instead of angers, his voice is so full with sorrow, his eyes get teary and honestly if they're not in the middle of fight Yeri just want to hold him and lift his pain.

"He's not doing it on purpose. He also doesn't know what was going on, he was a kid."

It's probably sounds not fair for Jungkook because she keeps protecting and stood up for Junsu instead of him, but there's nothing else she can do..Junsu is not at fault. At all.

"Do you really think, my judgment will change just because you take a stand for him?" She is not responding anything because she knows the answer is no.

"You lied to me, Kim Yerim !"

"I know i did. I’m sorry"

"I told you everything, i let you learn about my life, i'm showing everything to you..and you lied to me.." She sounds like a really bad person if he’s using his words like that, this just makes she feels more horrible.

"Even Jung Seo yeon never did this to me."

"What?"

Yeri is hoping that she's hearing something wrong but it's actually not, he did say Seoyeon's name again after a very long time.

"She was always try to looking for my mom, her attempt was useless, but at least, she never failed to let me know if she found anything about her. Not even once. Because she knows how crucial this thing is for me, and you should've know better.”

"What does that even mean?"

"She is better than you at this. Seoyeon is better than you."

You know, the feeling of someone breaking your heart, but they're not actually breaking it, more like crushing it again and again until the pain is no longer felt. That's exactly what she felt right now. It was too much, Jungkook is really going there.

"You don't mean that."

"I actually do.”

She is doing nothing but takes a few step away from him. He made his decision already, so does she. And that's how Yeri is having the worst heartbreak she ever experienced in her whole life.