Eighteen

Second Chance


 

Yeri reach her home after a long way. She was crying really hard, She was crying all the way from Jungkook's place to her home. She feels so much pain from this. This is the worst break up she ever had in her whole life. She’s secretly hating herself for letting someone make such an impact on her life. She only knows Jungkook for 10 months, logically, the break up is not supposed to get more dramatic and harder than her break up with Yoon Jae Bum, but this is like a thousand times harder.

She was helped by the taxi driver to getting down from the car, she said thank you to him, and lock herself on her room.

She just read a message from Junghyun, who told her that Jungkook is also not coming to their supposedly family gathering, and he also told her that everyone is already made a conclusion regarding their relationship, Yeri and Jungkook is no longer a thing, which is totally right.

She always imagine her breakup with Jungkook since the very beginning she decide to fake dating him, she thought it'll be easy, like one day they just stop talking with each other and the fake relationship will end naturally, she'll be happy again, looking for a new kind of love story. He will just ended up as a part of her insignificant memories.

But everything is changed now, her relationship with him is not  fake anymore, the break up is not easy and he is not insignificant memories, he is her everything. Everything she loves, everything she hates, everything she needs and she wants to. He's becoming too precious for her.

It's been hours since her breakup with Jungkook, and Yeri still can not wrapped her mind, she doesn’t want to sleep at all. For the last few hours, she already made a plan on her minds to try moving on from him and since he is no longer in college, things will probably better and easier for her. But in the end, she’s losing all her confidence, she thought she can not do a thing without him next to her, noone will nag her for being too kind and stupid, noone will help her finishing her paper work, noone will listen to her complaints about her siblings and her parents, noone to trash talking Yoon Jaebum and Seoyeon, there will be noone who can makes her happy. And those kind of thoughts is really making her even more stressed.

It's already a third time for her, using her phone, re-reading all messages Jungkook ever sent her, and listening to their recorded conversation. She gain nothing from doing this, she just feels more miserable right now. 


Can i call you?

There's a sudden message from Junsu, it's almost midnight so she said yes to him, afraid if something bad happened to him.

"Hi." He sounds tired but also happy.

"What happened?"

She can heard a little laugh from him, and she feels relieved, everything sounds fine.

"Thank you very much, noona." He suddenly talk to her in a deep voice and it makes her fluttered, it sounds so sincere.

"For what?"

"He came, Jungkook hyung came to see me and my mother earlier."

Well..Yeri is kinda expecting nothing from her attempt to help Jungkook's mom but she's also not actually surprise hearing this, she always know he is not actually hating his mother too much.

"Really? how was it?"

"He is..he is such a great person, someone with the biggest heart i've ever met."

Junsu's compliment sounds really sincere and it really makes her feels proud even thought the only thing she did was gave Jungkook his mom contact.

"It was so emotional, for me and even more for him and for my mom. I learned about everything, and..i can't believe someone still manage to stay strong and being decent with that kind of life as his past."

"Did he cry?"

"Yeah, we are all."

"and how about you? are you ok?"

"I think so. He told me the reason he punched me the other day was not because i stole his mother and ruining his life but because i took you away from him when he needed you the most."

She didn’t know that.

"Oh? Noona, my mom want to talk to you." She is not answering anything but Junsu is already gone and now his voice replaced by Jungkook's mom. She sounds so happy.

"Yerimmie?"

"Oh, how are you?"

"I'm fine. I just..want to say thank you for everything."

"It's ok, the only thing i did was giving him your contact.."

"No, not that..but for everything you did for my son. For Jungkook."

"I did nothing.."

"No, you did a lot. He was growing up really well because he is a great person i agree, but for him to willingly accept my apology and giving me a second chance to explain my self for what i did. Everything happened because of you."

She can heard her voice is shaking quite a lot. She doesn’t know if that happened because she’s excited or because she try to hold her tears.

"You changed him."

She heard from people often, they told her that she changed in a better way after she met Jungkook, she's no longer weak and dumb, she can fight for what she want and not letting people stepped on her just like what Yoon Jaebum did to her, but she never heard about Jungkook who was changed because of her, except from Jieun who told his fashion sense is getting better.

"He was asking me to not coming here again, because of his dad, he doesn't want me to see him but he promised me to come to Norway for a visit. i'm leaving tomorrow and i want to say goodbye to you."

"It was a pleasure to see you."

Yeri finished her phone call with Jungkook's mom after hearing from her that Junsu will stay for a few more weeks.

"Did he know about it? about you're staying?"

"I told him. and i also told him to not worried about me bothering you because.."

"You don't need to say that. He.."

"If you broke up with him, maybe you could try for one more chance to makes things right, he is someone who forgive my mother who's basically ruining his life..i don't see why he wouldn't do that for you, i'm sure your mistake is not on the same level with what my mom did to him."

Her mistake was not big before today, but then she left him..she even said goodbye to him in such a dramatic way, what a reckless move.

it's a 30 minutes phone call with Junsu and his mom, even after knowing the good news about Jungkook who's willing to met them Yeri still can not sleep.

She's wondering if a second chance from him is possible.. he said a firm no few months ago, and he's not someone who can easily change his perspective of something.

 

***


This is her personality, the one Yeri hates the most.
She's already downstairs, wearing her jacket and her bag thinking about going to Jungkook in the middle of night.

Trying for a second chance is worth a shot,  she thought, it's not like she's confidence enough to be fine and well if he is gone from her life.
It takes 15 minutes for her to finally made up her mind, she’s doing it.

She's opening the front door while being wary, because she's also scared to came out at 1AM like this. She takes a few step outside and realized how quite is this neighborhood at night, she walks to open the front gate with heart beating fast when she saw someone is standing in the dark and walk to her directions.

A familiar figure is standing tall in front of her right now. Jeon Jungkook.

Yeri already memorized how the sound of his car when he stopped in front of her house, but she heard nothing before this.

"Where is your car?"

"Home"

That explain the silence.

"How did you get here?"

"That."

He use his left hand to pointing his expensive bike, parked near a huge tree in front of her house. That's explain why he's sweating so much and looks extremely exhausted.

His apartment is 15-20 minutes by car from her house, so it's probably takes 1 hour or something to get here with that bike. He's excellent at sport so it's not actually surprising he can pull this off.

"Why?"

"A same reason for you to standing here."

Everyone will know Yeri was going to go somewhere with how she has her bag and hold her car keys. And her reason was to see Jungkook, begging for a second chance to him, like an idiot.

"Come in. I'll go get you a drink. Take your bike inside."

His breath is becoming shorter as he talks, it's 1 AM in the morning, it's cold, and he's going here with a bike. She is not sure anymore who is the bigger idiot between her and him right now.

 

***


Yeri puts her bag in the living room as she walks to the kitchen while Jungkook is acting like the resident on this house, going to the bathroom, taking a shower and came out wearing Junghyun's shirt, she doesn't know where he got it at the first place.

She's been sitting in the kitchen and thinking about what she's supposed to do when he take a sit next to her. She choose to left him right away. This is not supposed to end like this. They have problems to settle.

"What would you do if i'm actually joining our family gathering and noone is here after such a long way?"

"I knew you're not there"

That makes sense if someone also told him about Yeri not being there, so she's not saying anything to him anymore, she just standing next to him, staring at him because she's also not sure what to do with him being here right now, her plan is ruined.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him the question, not sure why she did that, when she knows exactly why.

He’s not answering anything, and Jungkook is the best at making things get more complicated than it already is, just like right now.

"No, we're not doing this."

Yeri still has time to tell him that when he swiftly put his arms around her waist and pull her to his lap, he's holding her really close and she’s actually miss the way he behave like this, it only needs a slight touch from him on her cheeks before she kissed him.

Sign of being an idiot part two, she kissed him first, when she knows really well what a kiss can do to them where it's been a month since their fight. It could lead to another things. And she’s totally right, it only takes her minutes before her hands is busy ing his shirt, it's like her brain is telling her to do something else but her body is doing a completely different thing. She even let him kissed her neck and left a remark on it when she completely hates it.
How can someone who just ride a bike for an hour in the middle of night still has such energy to do this? He lift her by her waist and now start kissing her while put her down on the kitchen counter. She's also not saying anything when he stopped what he's doing and kissed her hands, fixing her bangs and looking at her with so much love.

It's actually her chance to run away but this kind of Jeon Jungkook is hard to resist, really hard. So she just let him do anything he wants. It's the thought of her mother that stopped her from being lenient to him, she grab his hands which already reach her tights while the other already find its way to her . Doing this in a place where her mother working hard to feeds their family everyday is a little bit too wild for girl like Yeri. And Jungkook is no longer her boyfriend right now. That's a fact, this is not supposed to happened.
She’s glad, because he stopped right away when she told him to, he doesn't push her or anything and she's also thankful for that.

Yeri is getting down from the kitchen counter and looking around to avoiding his eyes on her. They needs to settle everything before they go far.

"I left you. We already said goodbye to each other few hours ago."

She sweeps her hair back and covering her face to at least gaining some logic on her brain.

"You did. I didn't say anything to you."

She's back to staring at him, his messy damp hair, his swollen lips, and his red ears, he looks really good. Yeri close her eyes, thinking hard about what to say to him and how to explain things to him.

"I just..I hurts you, you're mad at me and ignoring me for weeks, and i don't want you to come back because you think i'm good at triggering your lust."

Jungkook looks bothered and wronged hearing that, his eyes is getting softer, he knows exactly the problem is.

"To be fair, we were ignoring each other."

Here we go again.

"Well..what do you expect from me after "Seoyeon is better than you" s you said to me..come on..is that even makes any sense?"

"Hey..I'm sorry about that..”

He looks extremely wronged and now he walks to her with those dazzling and mesmerizing eyes, beautiful, but this is not good for her right now.

"Stop."

She takes a few steps back and wear her jacket again. He listen to her and now he's doing nothing, waiting for her to talk again.

"Fix that and let's talk somewhere else."

Yeri use her little fingers to told Jungkook to fix his shirt. He literally only have two buttons left before it's completely open. There's a trace of her kisses on his bare chest. And she feels so stupid seeing that.

"Where are you going?"

He talks to her near screaming when she passed by him and taking her bag again

"I don’t know, just anywhere with lots of people around us, to stop me being such an idiot."

"Being intimate with me doesn't makes you an idiot."

"It does right now!"

Jungkook looks annoyed and he takes Yeri's car ķey  while walking passed by her. What she said is probably overboard but he also takes part on his. It's not entirely her fault.

 

***


Jungkook is not saying anything when he got into the car and Yeri takes the passenger seat next to him, she's glancing at him when he wear his seatbelt.

"I can do the drive" He stare at her and getting out from the car immediately.

"You're the boss." It's a sarcasm obviously.

She takes the wheel while using her eyes following his movement. His shirt is fixed right now. But his expression is not, Junsu said he cried when he saw his mom. His eyes looks puffy, she only realized it just now. Jungkook is staring at her when he's back inside the car, he give her a sign to go but she is doing nothing.

"I changed my mind. Out."

She is getting out from the car and back inside her home. She can heard Jungkook is also following her with complaints.

"Are you playing with me right now?"

That's what he said when both of them is finally back inside. He looks annoyed and on the verge of being angry right now.

"No, let's just stay here."

"Are you sure? Because i'm not going to accept another inconsistent decision after this."

"We need to talk. Only talk."

Jungkook throws his body to the couch and Yeri take a sit next to him.

"Can we do the talk tomorrow? i'm so tired right now."

It's 2 am in the morning and she totally understand what he said, she also not really fond with the idea of talking with each other after she did what she did. He does looks tired too, he has dark circles all around his eyes.


"Fine. Go to sleep then." She give up.

"Can you stay with me? Just till i fall asleep, i'm fine with lights off too."

 


***


Yeri is now watching Jungkook entering her room. This is his first time here, he’s only been here a few times briefly but not for staying.

"My home has no guest room, and i can't let you sleep in Junghyun’s, Soohyun’s or my parents room..so you have no choice."

"This is good enough."

"I'll be watching from here. Sleep."

She choose to sit in a small chair next to her bed. Waiting for him to sleep, maybe it’d be good to take a break from him, she needs times to recover from everything too.

"Come on.." and he’s whining because of that

"I'm not sleeping with you, not in my own room. I never let any man coming here you should be honored with only that."

Jungkook knows exactly her reason about this, she doesn't want to sleep wih someone on her room when its basically her safe base, it's some kind of old school principle which others can not understand.

"Please. Just till i fall asleep"

He looks so desperate and childish, well.. judging from what is going on in his life right now. She can not actually blame him. It must be hard to deal with, his problems.

“Are you a baby?” But, she still has some bitter feelings after what happened.

“You can leave, then.” He doesn’t looks happy with her complaints, and now begin to lay on her bed and close his eyes. So annoying.

“This is my room, I’ll stay.” He’s not responding her in any form whatsoever.

“Why are you acting like a jerk?” She’s continuing her talk while throwing one of her plushies to him.

And it enough to wakes him up, he sit on her bed now. Looks tired and not in a mood for a fight.

“Let’s talk tomorrow.”

He said that while getting down from the bed, he’s walking closer to her, and takes her hand, rubbing it lightly and Yeri also want to hold him and making him feels better, because he does looks like a mess. She doesn’t know how he takes all the talks from his mother.

"Fine. Now sleep, I’ll watch you.”

She takes his hand and now Jungkook is back to laying on her bed. He is not closing his eyes but playing with Yeri's huge tedy bear. Hugging it and patting its head. She’s watching him from the side while playing with his hair. She never did this before.

"I know the reason why you won't let anyone stay here." He begins to talk, and staring at her again.

"You want to talk tomorrow, remember? You rode a bike here in the middle of night,  you really need to rest."

“I think you need the same thing..”

He takes her hand and Yeri is agree with him, she really needs some rest too, so she choose to laying next to him and turn her face from him so now her back is facing him. She knows he still watch her back, and still not sleeping when he’s start to talk again.

"I was having a really hard time for the past weeks. Maybe i should follow your rule. You need to stay away from my room too..because everytime i was trying to sleep, i always reminded to you, your laugh, your smile, the way you helps me everytime i get scared , our talk, your tears, your kiss.."

Yeri is back to him and she shut him off with a quick kiss on his lips.

"It wasn't easy for me too. But still..can we talk tomorrow? You don't look really good right now. Your face is pale and your eyes is bloated. Sleep, i'll be watching you."

And with that Jungkook is slowly closing his eyes. He use the tedy bear from earlier as his pillow and he sleep fast after a few minutes. Meanwhile Yeri is still awake, she's watching him, thinking if he’s going to be ok or not. Staying with her is probably not too appealling for him after how she treated him recently.

 

***


Yeri ended up with 2 hours of sleep. She was watching Jungkook all night and fall asleep next to him for awhile. Her family won't back until tomorrow so it's actually good for her to have a private time with him to settles all their problem.

She is busy on the kitchen with some breakfast she's trying to made. She already on her second cup of coffee while making somethingfor her and Jungkook to eat.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could help with breakfast."

Jungkook is walking down the stairs, looking fresh but still wearing Junghyun's shirt from last night.

"Can we stop doing this?"

Yeri talks to him when he’s standing next to her and drinking her coffee.

"What?"

"This. Acting like nothing happened when in fact our relationship is far from good . We broke up. I know it was my selfish decision but we still behaving like trash and hurting each other."

Jungkook is not saying anything but rest his shoulder to the fridge door with eyes still on her.

"I'm embarrassed. You were not behaving like trash. I did."

He's right, but Yeri is not completely innocent either.

"We messed up, you and me."

She walks away from him while saying that and began to set their breakfast on the table.

3 weeks away from him, she’s becoming good at cooking, not an expert but her skill got boasted up because almost everyday she watch tutorial and read recipe book while practicing making food, cake, dessert, everything.

"Thank you for a chance you gave to your mother."

He looks surprised because he didn't tell her about this yet.

"Junsu and your mother told me. They're extremely happy, thank you really"

"I went because you told me to."

Yeri is laughing at him, because she knows its not true, since when Jungkook is listening to her for such a big decision..

"I didn't mean to lied to you about this matter. I'm really sorry for acting like a god in your life, making choices without any consideration for you, i was selfish."

Yeri is always good at admitting her mistake, back when she was together with Jaebum, she’s always the one who’s admitting her mistake and apologized to him first. She became a little bit stubborn with Jungkook, but right now, she thinks an apology for him is necessarry. Jungkook is still not saying anything, he only put his hand on his pocket, still leaning his back to the fridge and staring at the floor.

"I totally understand your emotion, your angers and your dissapointment for me, i feel like i'm deserving all your insults."

He lift his face to her after she said that, he looks disagree with it.

"Except that one, when you told me i did all of this because you let me sleep in your bed. That was more than insult, you totally acted like an for saying that to me."
She got hurts pretty bad because of it.

"I know."

"It making me feels like i'm nothing more than all those girls you met at parties for one night stand and then you never called them back forever."

"I never did that"

"But that's what i felt."

Why can't he just accept the fact that what he did was overboard instead of arguing with her like this. Yeri is taking off her apron, ready to left the kitchen but she still give Jungkook a chance to defense himself.

"I'm really sorry.." He came to her and giving her a hug. He always do this everytime he made a mistake.

"And that's not even the worst thing you said to me." She talks to him while hugging him back and burried her face on his arms. Comfortable as always.

"If it's about the Seoyeon thing, believe me, if you feels bad hearing that from me, i feel a thousand times worse for saying that to you."

He move his hands from Yeri's back to her cheeks and caressing it slowly. It feels nice to see him like this.

"You seriously act like a complete jerk that day, you even hurt my friends."

"I already said sorry to Junsu."

"I know, he told me."

"Did you cry?"

"More than that, it was the worst heartbreak i ever experienced, i cried in my room, listen to a sad song, wrote a diary, looking at your messages you sent me all day..i was a total mess. Your fault."

She pull herself away from him and hit his shoulder because she reminded to all those times, it's annoying.

"It wasn't any better for me too. I didn't even came to work for a week because my mood was so bad. My dad  already told me to wrote a resignation letter as his assistant and his son. And you know that favorite juice you storaged on my fridge. I drink all of it for one whole week and bought another box because that's the only thing you left for me.."

"That is so stupid, you can get sick that way."

"I was sleeping with lights off for weeks, because with that the thought of you was replaced by my fears."

It looks like they literally can not live without each other judging from all the stupid things they did to escape the hurt feelings they caused to each other.

"Then why  didn't you called me?"

"I'm embarrassed, after what i said, how can i came to you.."

"You know i'm good at accepting apology. I gave Yoon Jaebum a hundred chances for the past 2 years we've been together, he is so shameless and he keeps asking more. And you..you're too prideful to even ask for a second chance, just because you're not comfortable at giving one, it's not wrong for asking it from me..I can give you a million chances because...i love you that much."

Jungkook is responding with a smile hearing that stupid confession, she probably sounds so innocent and naive while saying that, but she can not lie about how much he takes parts on her heart as for now.

"I am flattered, but don't go around telling other men things like this. I'm pretty much in love with you like crazy so i won't use you for being so naive, but who knows about others.."

"Are you going to let me saying that to others?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then there will be no problem, i'm just going to say it to you only."

The talk went well, at least.


 

***


Jungkook is now judging some kind of food he saw for the first time on the table. Yeri learned this simple supper for 2 days.

"I was becoming so productive..i learned a lots of recipe when you were ignoring me..i spend my times learning how to cook or to bake, i can make a cake right now."

"This looks great, i just spent most of times working out when i'm away from you, not so productive compared to this."

"That's why you lost so much weight. Anyone asked about me at the gym?"

Yeri and Jungkook usually working out together, twice a week in a gym near college. It was fun and she actually need it for her personal diet plan.

"No, You’re clearly going there because of me, and they already aware if you're not there, that means you have a problem with me."

True that.

She is watching him as he begin to eat his breakfast. He eats it well, that means her food is not a fail.

"I didn't get a chance to say this yesterday, but congratulations for graduating."

He looks happy and pat her head as she said it.

"Thank you."

"Your dad were crying. I think my dad too."

He is not saying anything and only smiling while continue eating his food hearing this.

"Do you ever heard from others that you're growing up really well?"

He is shaking his head and now he already finished his food, he stare at Yeri in front of him and hold her hands slowly.

"I'm not actually growing up well..you said it yourself. I'm a jerk, i'm shuting people off, i'm good at hiding things..i live in my own bubble with a shield and thinking i'm so great that i can easily handle all my problems alone."

That's Jungkook for you, when Yeri first met him.

"You're nothing like that right now."

She looks at him whose meaning for her is already drastically change, from a trashy fake boyfriend into the best boyfriend she ever had. he's a good person.

"Thanks to you."

"Me? I heard about me who changed since i met you but not the other way round."

"I changed a lot because of you. I always treat people the same way with how they treat me, I don’t know if you remember but i kissed you for the first time at Jaebum's party because i saw he kissed Seoyeon earlier that day. I was that kind of person."

"Really?"

"It was also because you looked pretty that day, but my first intention was to pissed him off just like the way he pissed me off before."

Yeri is not saying anything because hearing this is quite scary, she was dealing with such a broken and horrid soul all the time.

"And all the bad things i did to you, leaving you in a nowhere, humiliating you with that stupid event..bothering you in our family dinner..it was done because i was such a mess."

She pull her hands from Jungkook and give him an awkward smile. This is such a bad thing to heard, she suffered big time from what he did to her at the beginning of their relationship. And his reasoning is nothing but a petty revenge? because he was upset with the way he treated?

"If you were scared of me when we first met and avoiding me as much as you can, then you did a great thing."

She was scared of him indeed, she almost thought that he is some kind of psycho who loves torturing people for his pleasure..but she fall in love with him, how can she do that? She's not that stupid.

"But you're no longer like that. There is no way i would fall for such a horrible person..you were kind to me."

She talks with a small and low voice to him, because she's not sure about what she said.

"That one time..you know..when Seoyeon locked you up and..i was really angry knowing what she did to you, i was so ready to torture her in the similiar way, making Yoon Jaebum worried just like me who's scared to death if something happened bad to you."

"I remember."

"And that was the first time when i can held all my angers for someone. It was because you were there with me, crying and told me that you're fine. It wasn’t makes any sense for me. How could someone be fine after being treated like that? how could you be fine after what they did to you, how could you still stick with me after all the pain i caused you and said thank you to me just because i help you out one time. How could someone as kind as you is exist in my horrid life?"

Yeri never thinks so highly of herself, she is aware that she is not a bad person, she rarely got mad at people, but she's not actually thinking that she's a really good person like how Jungkook describing her right now.

"It was fascinating for me to see you behaving like that everyday, you don't get mad when people harassing you for dating me after broke up with Jaebum.."

"I do get annoyed, i just thought getting mad is no use, i feels like torturing my self with bad thoughts if i take what they did to me seriously, just like you and your memories regarding your mother."

Jungkook's expression is changing now, he's no longer looking at her but staring down at an empty cup, touching the edge with his thumb.

"I know being called a on SNS  is not comparable with what you've been through as a child, but you don't really need to shut people who wanted to help you. Of course i'm glad you did that to Seoyeon so she left you and i have my shot to be with you, but what if i'm not exist..what if i'm not offering you to fake dating, what if we never met..are you going to keep torturing yourself that way?"

She is scolding him the same way like she usually scold Junghyun when they were a kid because he let himself bullied.

"Actually, i still have a way to meet you through my father."

That's a possibility, yes.

"True. But that's not the point."

Jungkook is not saying anything, looks like last night meeting with Junsu and his mom is still affecting him. Yeri's glad he's willing to fixing thing with them, but she want it to be sincere.

"What did she say to you?" He turn the interogation mode on to Yeri.

"She told me about her life. Your life."

It was hard to talked about this, It's just so challenging for her whose life was never as hard as Jungkook's .

"What do you think about that?"

She doesn't know what he is expecting from asking her these questions.

"Which part?"

"Everything."

"Well..about she's leaving you behind.."

Yeri take a short glance to him afraid he'll feel bad about words she's going to say.

"It's ok. Be honest."

"I can understand why she did that."

There's a smirk coming from him after he heard that, like he's already expecting this opinion coming from her.

"Do you know why i have those thoughts?"

He shake his head and he's still not looking at her while doing that.

"Because my mom experienced it too. She wasn't happy when she met me for the first time.."

Jungkook looks at her in disbelief, well of course, it does sounds like a lie because Yeri and her mom is like the best team ever. They're like a bestfriends and get along really well most of times.

"While your mother..she told me that you're like a gift to her, she was 19 years old when she had you and she's happy. That speaks a lot for me, i don't think she left you because she dislike you and prefer other people's son to raise. It wasn't like that."

"And you believe her?"

"Yes. You should know it better than anyone. She was with you for a decade, and you never told me about her being mean to you, right? she was kind to you just like how a mother care for her son, so I think it shouldn't be hard for you to realized the problem was not you, you did nothing wrong."

Jungkook always told Yeri and her family to not feel bad about what happened in his past, he said, he's not going to blame anyone for that when in fact he keeps blaming himself. It takes her long enough to realized that the main reason he shut people off is because he doesn't want to made a mistake and being left again, she can't imagine how he felt when he find out about Seoyeon leaving him. 

"I don't even know why i'm listening to you, and thinking everything you said is right, you're someone who was fooled by a trash for 2 years..why would i take your opinion seriously.."

He is laughing at her and Yeri is not mad, because he has a point. She also can't believe that Kim Yerim whose life is ordinary, simple, and not dramatic could stay with someone like Jungkook for this long. It's unexpected even for her.

"I met that trash yesterday."

"Yeah, i saw you talking to him."

She remember her encounter with Jaebum yesterday.

"He's happy."

“I can see it. My ex looks happy too.”

Jungkook is smiling at her, because he’s also there watching Jaebum and Seoyeon.

“I think that's why perspective is important, what they did to us was a really bad move, but for them it must be like the best thing ever happened on their life. Jaebum's parents really like Seoyeon, even more than how they like me before. She was basically a witch for me, she stole my man and locked me up in that tiny room, making me suffers, she makes everyone hates me..but..she still has a happy life."

"Are you jealous of her?"

"No.. it's just..reminds me to you and Junsu."

Jungkook still looks uncomfortable with Yeri calling Junsu's name in front of him.

"You lost someone, he gained someone. You were being abandoned and he was being helped."

She use her hands to bring his face closer to her and looking at him in the eye, because she knows he's not entirely amused with this conversation.

"Just like me, Seoyeon thinks she abandoned a chaos, but for me i gained a happiness, i gained you."

He hold her hands as he stopped her for caressing his face.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I don’t know, i think i want you to stopped being upset with yourself and others about what happened by seeing it from a different perspective."

Yeri telling him that while knowing it won't be easy for Jungkook, No matter how hard he try to hides from her, she knows he let his past controlling him too much. And she just want him to stopped get hurt and back to their little unrealistic world, being happy and taking a break from all of this.

"And also, you need to stop praising me because the theory of me changing you to become a better person is not completely true."

"Why?"

"If you're such a bad guy who likes to do a revenge and making people paying a price for what they did to you, then why are you being so kind to your father?"

"It's different."

"No, it's not. You were never a bad guy in the first place, if you asked me about staying with a parents like your father, no matter how hard he works for me, i'll probably choose to not doing it. I'll be thinking that it's not fair for me to devoted my life for him, when i know, i have no sin. You're the better person in that way, not me."

Of course, there are things she can do better than Jungkook, but for caring and loving your parents, she's no better than him. It was just recently when she began to appreciate her mom and her dad better, because Jungkook showed her how to do that.

"Jeez, thank you for saying that."

Jungkook has teary eyes right now, and she is glad everything she wanted him to know was relaying in a good way. He can accept it and she can say it without forcing him to understand. In the end, it's all in his hand, supports and helps from her will only work if he wants to make it work.

"We're good now." She told him that while smiling and ruffling his hair as she left him.

 




Are they really good though????

 

Anyway,  Thank you for reading this story, Enjoy!!!