Eleven

Second Chance

 

Yeri find herself in misery when she can feels a heavy pain on her stomach. She take a glance to a small clock near the door, 2 am in the morning. This is even worst than any usual cramp she ever had.She gets up and walk slowly while holding her stomach to take a glass of water from the kitchen. She looks like a mess, she's really pale, and she also has cold sweats on her hands.

"What's wrong with me?"

She manage to get a glass of warm water for her to drink, but the next thing she felt is a hit on her stomach. It feels like someone pushing it really hard. She ran to the bathroom and almost everything is out from her stomach.

There's tears on her eyes because of the pain. She’s trying to remember everything, what she did,what she ate since this morning, but her brain won't work.

"What happened?"

Looks like the noises coming from the water and her groan is enough to wakes Jungkook up, because now he's looking at her confused when he found Yeri kneeling down in front of the closet, lookin like a mess.

"I don't know."

Yeri was helped by him to get up, and now he takes her back to the bed, he looks really worried.

"My stomach is really hurting."

Yeri is talking whileshowing some tears right now, she wants her mom at times like this, she’s not a doctor but she will know what to do. She always know.

Yeri is feeling even more miserable, when Jungkook left her behind without saying anything. She doesn't have any energy left to makes him stop, so she just closed her eyes as he gone, holding the pain. He is back after a few minutes, he gives Yeri a warm towel and told her to put it on her stomach. This is similiar with what her mom told her to do everytime she has a cramp.

"How do you know about this?"

"It's a basic and general knowledge. And if you live alone for so many years, you'll know about it."

Yeri turns her body from him while hugging the warm towel tight. It's helping actually. She’s also feels better because Jungkook is rubbing her back non stop. He's like a machine. He spent 30 minutes doing that.

"I'll take you to the hospital if you're not feeling better."

"It's 3 am in the morning."

"There's an ER, 24 hours open."

"Is there anyone who's admitted to an ER bc of stomachache? it's embarassing to even explain the pain. I don't want to go."

Jungkook is not saying anything against that, defeated or maybe holding back because Yeri is sick right now.

"What did you eat for lunch?"

"I didn't eat my lunch, because my mood ruined. So i came to that party with you, then you're mad at me, and i ate 4 cup of ice cream at the shop, then i came here..eat your ice cream again."

Now she start thinking about it, the pain is definitely invited by herself.

"And you still don't know why you have this?"

Yeri feels annoyed because Jungkook sounds like he's blaming her for this, she turn back to him and it makes him stopped from caressing her back.

"Now i know."

"It's not my fault." He looks so annoying while saying that. And it makes her pain gone for a split seconds, replaced by a resentment to him.

"It's 30% your fault."

Jungkook looks so concerned when Yeri feels another strike of pain so she's covering her face with both of her hand, crying.

"Let's just go. i 'm not Yoon Jae Bum, i'm not a doctor, i don't know what to do."

He sounds panic and frustrated but hearing the name of Jaebum is the one that bothers Yeri the most. As if, he ever did something to Yeri using his knowledge as a med-student.

"Yoon Jaebum never take care of me when i was sick, you're better than him so please listen to me because i don't want to go."

She is making room for Jungkook to sleep next to her again, it'd be better for her to sleep and stop arguing with him.Fortunately, he understand, he wrapped her on his arms and keep caressing her back.

"If you feel like you're going to die, let me know."

"I'm not dying."

"I can't believe he never takes care of you when you're sick."

Jungkook is still talking while covering Yeri with a blanket, he is cute at times like this and it actually feels comfortable for her even though she can feels pain right now.

***

"She's fine, i'll drop her off later. She's still sleeping..alright i understand."

That's the first sentence, Yeri heard from Jungkook as soon as she wakes up from her sleep. She manage to avoid the crisis and survive the pain last night.

"Who was it?"

Jungkook just finished his phone call when she asked, his face looks extremely exhausted.

"How's your stomach?"  He takes a sit in front of her and helping her gets up.

"It was your dad."

"He's angry, right?" Yeri asking for a glass of water to Jungkook and he take one from the table next to him.

"He tried to called you since this morning, but you're asleep and i was in the bathroom..and he ended up calling me."

Yeri nodding her head following his explanation, it's already 11 am, she usually come back home before breakfast if she spent her night outside.

"What did he say?"

"He told me that he'll send your stuffs here, he also told me to let you live here."

"Ridiculous, he basically disowned me. You said no, right?"

"I told him i'll think about it first."

"Wrong move. My Dad is a little bit serious on things like those. He'll actually send my stuffs here, and you need to deal with me for the rest of your lives."

"I don't mind."

"Really? after i messed up with your sleep schedule last night? I’m probably bad at guessing your thoughts, but i can see your dark circles and your red eyes pretty well."

She hold his face by his chin and making him turn to a mirror on his closet next to him. And he’s agreeing with her.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night."

She’s thankful of course, even though she still has her own doubts over her relationship with him, but this kind of “ordinary and natural” thing on it makes everything easier for her.

"I also told your dad that you're sick so you can't pick up your phone, he told me to wake you up but  i said no."

Oh, he's brave for ignoring his request.

"I'm fine now, you can sleep for few hours before dropping me home, i'll talk to my father."

Yeri is feeling better now, she can stand and gets up from the bed without any assitance.

"I can't, i have work to do, for my final project." Jungkook is showing her his chaotic work desk full with sketch she doesn't understand.

He is graduating in a few months, so does Jaebum and Seoyeon. The thought of it makes her feel funny.

"Why?" Jungkook is noticing her laugh and now asking her reason for doing that.

"It'll feeldifferent, don't you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"It'll probably feel different for me, dating a man with a real professional career instead of a student, more matured..and uhmm.. less fight maybe?"

"I'm sure nothing will change, you're still a college student and all our arguments always start from you."

"Not all, but most of it, i admit."

Jungkook is laughing because of her answer, he's pretty with a smile.

***

"I'll drive, you should sleep."

Yeri doesn't actually want to leave, but Jungkook told her, he really needs to finish some work, and he'll take two weeks to do some research for his final project, and that is also means he doesn't need a distraction a.k.a Yeri. She doesn't think herself as a distraction but Jungkook called her as one.

"You're pretty." That's his answer when she ask for an explanation.

"Wake me up if you feels any pain while driving."

"Ok."

It's only a few meters away from his apartment and Jungkook is already sleeping. He’s probably not sleeping at all last night. He is then thousand times better than Yoon Jaebum, that's for sure.

Yeri purposefully drive really slow, because she want to spend more times with him before he became busy with his own work. Their relationship is getting better each day, it is still a roller coaster, but a fun one and she still can manage to get through it.

"I really need to finish my work today."

Yeri is taken aback and surprised when she heard him talking to her, still with his eyes closed.

"It'll take us 2 hours to reach your home, if you keep driving like this."

"Sorry."

 

They reach Yeri's house in 40 minutes, 10 minutes more than usual. Jungkook is already woke up and helping her bring her bag inside.

"Yerimmie?" It's her mother, the first one who came to them, and welcoming her.

"I'm really sorry."

Yeri is giving a shrug to Jungkook’s shoulder beside her when he said that.

"Why are you sorry? i already told them about staying over at your place last night."

"She's right, you're not at fault, my daughter is."

"What? why?"

"I'm taking care of your health since you were born only for you to ruining with 5 litre of ice cream? in one night?"

Yeri shakes her head, this is so absurd, they're not even worried about her spending night with a boyfriend, but they're actually bothered about the ice cream.

"I told them." Jungkook is smiling at her, totally teasing her.

"Yeah, thank you. and it's not 5 litres, 5 packs, maybe 2.5 or something.."

"You are staying for dinner, right?" Her mom is ignorign what she said and begin holding Jungkook’s arms while taking him inside.

"He can't"

"Yes, i can't..i'm in the middle of working on my final project."

"He's graduating in a few months."

"Really?"

"Yeah. really, so you need to tell your husband to not send me to live with him becauseaccording to this man i'm actually a distraction."

Yeri is being sarcastic, she still can not accept for being called as distraction when she was just offering Jungkook to become a supporter.

"You're my distraction too back then, you were 4 years old when i begin working at my final project..anyway, you should go then."

Jungkook nod his head and waving his hand to her mom and Yeri is following him outside.

"I'll see you around, then." He give Yeri a hug anf a quick kiss before he left.

She's going to miss him. A lot.



 

It’s almost 10 days since the last time Yeri seespent her night with Jungkook, she only talks to him trough a phone call or video call which is happening if he doesn't forget the arranged time. She met him a few times when he has a chance to have lunch with her. But not a lot, he really is busy indeed.

Fortunate for Yeri, she has plan beside bothering Jungkook for today, a meet up with Lee Junsu, the long lost friend. She told Jungkook abt this meet up, and he told her to have fun.

"I'm sorry for tagging along, unnie." Junghyun is ask Chaeyeon to joining their meet up.

"We can called it as a double date." He’s trying to makes Yeri feels less uncomfortable as the third wheel with a joke like this.

"I have a boyfriend, and how could i treat Junsu as my date, he's a kid for me, just like you."

"Junghyun talked a lot about Junsu after he met him, i'm curious about him too.."
Looks like Chaeyeon is also excited like Yeri for this meet up.

"I only talked through a phone call with him ever since i saw him at the hospital, and there's nothing change about him."

"Where does he live after he left?"

"Norway."

"Cool."

Jungkook always want to go there, Norway. Yeri think it's because he watch some travelling documentary about the northern europe and ended up falling in love with the country.He could easily go, of course, judging from how successful his dad business is, money is never the problem, but he said he want to go there alone, with his own money and he said He won't even let Yeri to come with him.

***

"Table for four."

It's a simple restaurant, serving italian food, pasta, pizza, not too formal but not too casual either.

"Junsu picked the place." Junghyun is explaining to Yeri about the restaurant since he knows she is not enjoying italian food that much.

"This is his favorite food, he's still not change, you're right."

Junsu is the one who likes it, she still remembers it.

Chaeyeon and Junghyun sit in front of Yeri, the chair next to her is reserved for Junsu. She is playing with her phone while waiting for the food, texting Jungkook and ask him what he's doing right now.

He's still working and also he told Yeri he has a fever since this morning. Back when she's together with Jaebum, she's always taking care of him everytime he got sick. Junghyun called her as a babysitter everytime that's happened.

She wants to do the same thing for Jungkook but he refused, he said he'll be fine tomorrow, and he’s still thinking, Yeri being close to him is a distraction.


"He's here." Junghyun tap Yeri’s hand lightly and getting up from his sit, waving his hand to a grown up man that is Lee Junsu.

Nothing is change from him, Junghyun is right, he's still looks exactly the same with him few years ago. Yer ican't hide her smile when their eyes met, this is like a great reunion for them as friends, everyone is doing well, noone got hurt and leading a miserable life even after they're separated from each other. Maybe this is what her parents feels when they finally found Jungkook's dad.

"You're really not change at all."

It's also great for Yeri, because Junsu is not making things awkward, he came to Junghyun and to her, giving them a tight hug. This is feels so nice, and it's honestly makes Yeri believe in a fairytale once again, Junghyun and Junsu was her most treasured person in a whole world once, and to be able back together like this is surely a miracle.