Three

Second Chance

Thanks to their fight, and 3 days off from college, it's already almost a week since the last time Yeri saw Jungkook. She spent her days off watching tv and play games, not even once Jungkook try to reach her, so does Yeri. 
She'll be happy if he's gone from her life for good.

"I heard you got a new man." Junghyu8n is coming out from nowhere, standing in front of her door, teasing her and talks really loud.

Yeri is surprised with his question, but then it's obvious for people to know about her and Jungkook after the stupid event he made for her last week. Junghyun's girlfriend is a fresh man at Yeri's college, so yeah..it's only a matter of time before he heard about this news.

"A secret. Don't tell anyone."

"I heard he's handsome." Yeri is throwing her pillows to him and asking him to leave her alone. He is handsome yeah, but annoying.

***

"Flash news. KimYerim broke up with Jaebum"

It's dinner time when Junghyun opening his loose mouth in front of their family.  In front of everyone, looking excited because he finally don't need to deal with Jaebum anymore.

"Really?" Her dad is smiling hearing the news, and now stopped from chewing his food and stare at Yeri.

"What?"

"Then come with me to a meeting this weekend."

Yeri is totally suspicioous with his request, it is unusual and somehow nervewrecking, because what's the correlation of her break up with his meeting. She doesn't know anything about his work or his business. But then, she's not good at refusing what her parents want.

So that weekend, Yeri is willing to go for a meeting, hoping to see a few interesting people and acquintance, maybe she could learn something for her study.

"You guys seriously too lenient to Junghyun."
Yeri is angry once again when her mom and her dad dragging her and dressing her up for the mysterious meeting while Junghyun is allowed to go on a date. He supposed to be here in the meeting, it's not a business meeting because her dad doesn't talk anything about business venture or something. It's really suspicious

"He's going to be there later. don't worry." Her mom told Yeri to stop complaining with a glare.

Yeri walks first when they arrived, It's a fancy restaurant, definetly expensive. Totally makes sense, if her mom bought her this red dress and telling her to prepare for tonight. Everything looks so serious and formal.

"You told me it's a meeting." Yeri is complaining again as soon as they sit in one huge table near the window. She feels tricked. 

" It is a meeting. A family meeting."

Yeri looks at her dad, confused, but her attentions is distracted by various foods on the table, everything looks good so maybe this meeting isn't too bad.

"They're here."

Her mom is suddenly getting up from her sit and it makes Yeri surprised, she choose to ignore her for taking one piece of cheese cake to her plate before she was dragged by her dad and now standing in front of a man on his 40s she doesn't know. He still looks good and healthy, Yeri would believe anyone who tell her this man is a bachelor. 

"My daughter, i told you about her, right?"

Yeri is bowing her head to the mysterious man out of respect but the next thing she did is glaring to her dad, he really sounds like he's going to sell her or something.

"So pretty." 

This man is really familiar,  Yeri doesn't know, but the vibe he gave is totally remind her to someone.

"And where's yours?" Yeri's mom is now asking the man while chuckling, she looks so happy and excited.

"He's here..Son!" He is calling for his son, who's still talking to a waitress at the entrance and when Yeri lift her face to him, she realized that the whole universe is totally playing with her right now.

Jeon Jung kook, the crazy guy is here, he totally looks different, wearing a formal suit, nice shoes, nice hair styles. It's obvious that he was told to prepare for this meeting just like her. His expression is also getting darker when their eyes met, he's not expecting to see Yeri here.


The man from earlier which is turn out to be Jeon Jungkook's father  is dragging his hand to get closer to their table, and it is the real Jungkook indeed. No wonder she thinks his dad remind her to someone. 

"I heard both of you went to the same college?"

He's asking Yeri a question while taking a sit next to her parents, but Yeri choose to ignore him, her head is hurt right now.

"I need to go..sorry."

Yeri left everyone and walking fast to the bathroom. It's definetely rude for the guests, and her parents is probably pissed off with the way she behave right now but Yeri can not stay there and act like nothing happened.

"A family meeting... does that means the crazy Jeon Jungkook is my long lost cousin or something?"

Well..it's bad to have an as your family member but it's totally better than to have it as your boyfriend. Yeri can't seems to wrap up her mind on that conclusion, because since when her parents has a long lost sibling. Their family is not dramatic, it's ordinary.

Yeri choose to stay in one of the cubicles and playing game on her phone. She doesn't want to see Jungkook and deal with him tonight. She's still angry at him. She is also being wary and afraid if her mom will actually came here to get her, but it's quite surprising that she didn't. So after a long 20 minutes Yeri choose to finally back and join the family meeting.

She's really unlucky obviously, when Yeri is back, everyone looks at her with a mysterious smile. 
It's scary because right now Junghyun is also here, he already joined the meeting with a smirk on his face. Jungkook is also still here, staring at her with a  pale face and also an awkward smile.

Yeri choose to take a sit in front of him, because that's the only empty seat right now, her seat from before was taken by Junghyun. She stare at him but he is avoiding her.

"We didn't know that Jungkook is your boyfriend."
Her mom start talking to Yeri while helping her fixing her dress and Yeri can not help but feels like her world is being ruined .

"I didn't tell them." Jungkoook looks aware that Yeri is suspecting him for telling everyone the story so he defend himself very quick.

"I told them."

A brother is something you don't need in your life and right now Yeri is totally agree with that saying.

"I was just tell Junghyun that we want Yeri to meet my bestfriend' s son, just in case she needs a friend because these days she spent too much time alone."

Yeri feels like her head is ready to explode in any time after hearing her dad's words.  Yeri no longer has friends, and Yeri doesn't want to go outside because of Jungkook. Because of her stupid plan with Jungkook totally makes her a witch and nobody want to play with her. Not to mention all those necessary event Jungkook made for her, some people dislikes her even more because of that.

"Junghyun was suspecting us for trying to setting you up with Jungkook so he told us about you're having a boyfriend."

"I'm not suspeecting, i know you're totally doing it. Anyway, i tried to protect you so i told them your boyfriend's name which turns out to be him." Junghyun talks to her like he's some sort of a heroes need to get praised when in reality he totally ruined her life.

Jungkook's dad is smiling really wide watching Yeri's family bickering and arguing like this. He totally looks happy. She also can see Jungkook is started fixing his seat position and clearing his throats. He's going to say something. 

"Yeri and me just started dating, we still learn about each other. And just like what you see, she's not happy because we're in the middle of a fight since last week. So she pretend to not recognized me."

Totally manipulative. Jungkook talks in a way that makes people believe him, maybe this is one of the reason why Yeri ended up come to him and asking him for help months ago.

"Is that true?" Yeri is surprised with a sudden and quick response from her mom. So what she did is nothing but slowly nodding her head.

"Both of you better talk about it..because.."

"We're fine, mom." Yeri cutting off her mom's words in a rude manner and now everyone is looking at her.

"But we're not fine. It's supposed to be a happy reunion between me and my old friend. So be a good girl and do it as i say."

Her mom is definitely someone who can take a control over her really well since Yeri is also not a troublesome children and she never like messing with her, it is not a good idea.

"I'm really sorry.." Yeri's dad is talking to Jungkook and his dad while chuckling. He looks embarassed by the way Yeri and her mom interacting right now.

"It's fine. I usually spending time alone in Busan while Jungkook is studying here, so it's quite nice to see a real family interactions"

Yeri can't help but to rolling her eyes at him because she doesn't like if her family was seen as some kind of attraction for him. She stopped staring at him when Jungkook is getting up from his sit, holding her hands telling her to do the same thing.

"We'll be walking around.." Yeri is trying so hard to tossed his hands, but his grip is too strong.

"Good. Takes your time." Her mom helps Yeri's stand and pat her back. This is totally a betrayal coming from her.

***


When they finally outside Yeri feels a thousand of relieve because she can feels a night breeze surrounding her and it makes her feels better.
 
"You looks good in that dress." Yeri close her eyes as soon as she start hearing Jungkook's voice, right, he's also here.
He stand beside her, hands on his pocket, so cocky in front of her eyes.


"Giving me a compliment is not going to change the fact that i hate you." He is giving her a quick glance and a smile.

"Don't look into it too much, i was just stating a fact." He put his hands on her waist and making Yeri turns into him.

"I'm sure i already warned you about touching me without my consent. This is a harrasment you know."

Well..she doesn't want to let Jungkook do everything he wants with her, but he kinda looks a little bit different tonight and it makes Yeri being lenient to him. She doesn't want to get touched but she's not bother to pushing him away or anything. Jungkook is the one who's letting her go and takes a few step away from her . A stupid part of her brain feels a little bit dissapointed with that.

"I'm going to warn you about something too." He turns serious and his expression is somehow scary.

Yeri takes a few step back from him without she realized, she doesn't feels safe around him.

"I don't like the way you see my father and the way you ignore him. You could hate me as much as you want, but he's genuinely happy for being here." 

Well, Yeri does feels slightly annoyed by Jungkook's dad, because he is one of the reason why a trash like Jungkook is existed in this world and in her life.

"I was just..well..he watched me and my family like we're some sort of attraction. I kinda bothered by it."

Yeri is petrified on her position when Jungkook coming close to her.

"You're the one who let people see you as an attraction. It's not his fault."

The way he speak could makes Yeri feels a chill all over her body. It's really scary and intimidating. And she is trying so hard to hide her scared expression, she doesn't want him to take her lightly.

"What do you mean?"

"My dad is a much better person than you. So you don't actually have right to bothered by him, that's what i mean."

Yeri can't believe that Jungkook is so protective to his dad, like what in the world, he's a bully on a daliy basis.

"He's a stranger for me, so i don't know about that, but seeing how his son living his life, i have my own doubts."

She push Jungkook away from her and now start walking back to the restaurant. A few minutes conversation with him is already draining both her emotions and her energy, she need foods.

Yeri can heard Jungkook is catching up with her in a quick step, she's glaring at him when he hold her hands really hard.

"What is this?"

"We were out to end our fight. Don't you think it's weird if we're back and you're still angry at me?"

"I'm still angry at you and i'll probaby stay angry at you till the next 20 years, you're not even asking me to forgive you, or realizing what you did wrong.."
Yeri  stopped her talk when he is totally not amused by her words.

"I did apologize, i made you an event."

"It's all fake, you were acting."

"Then do this as an act too. Everyone is happy up there, so i don't see a point for you to ruin their night."

***


"Here they are." Yeri is giving everyone an awkward smile when she's back to them. She's still holding Jungkoo's hand and even let him to put his arms on her shoulder.

"They seriously looks good together." 

Yeri is not going to disagree with what her dad said because, she actually thinks, she also looks good with Jungkook, excluding their clashed personality, for people who saw them, they just looks a happy and good looking couple.

"I probably should thank Yeri for actually willing to become Jungkook's girlfriend."

Yeri just got back to her sit when Jungkook's dad talks to her in a very sweet voice, he's different with his son indeed, he talks in a manner, smiles a lot, and warms.

"Why?"
Yeri doesn't really want to pay attentions to the parents conversation so she just focus to her food and ignore them.

"It's the first time ever for my son introduced his girlfriend to me, this is probably his first relationship, i seriously thought that people hates him."

Yeri reach to a glass of water right away when she almost choked by her food hearing this information. Jungkook dated a lot of girls, well, maybe not officially but he's playing with them a lot. And also Seoyeon was his official girlfriend for one year, everyone in college knows this, so why his dad...

"What's wrong with you?" Junghyun pat her back and helping her with her drink when he realized, Yeri already has teary eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know about that. It's surprising.." She talk to Jungkook's dad with a heavy sarcasm, Jungkook looks really uncomforable with that.

"Well..i live away from him, so he's probably hiding from me, or maybe he doesn't want me to meet anyone because he doesn't likes them enough. And there's you."

"Dad, to be fair i didn't know that i'm going to see Yeri here, i was told that you're going to introduced me to someone, i'm willing to do it, because i personally thought that your choice is probably better than mine, and that's also means i don't actually likes Yeri enough to bring her for a meeting with you."

Jeon Jungkook, you .

Everyone is surprised after hearing his long talk, he totally insults Yeri in front of this forum, in front of her parents.
And seconds later, he seems realized that's what he said is not a good one, so he said sorry to Yeri's parents while bowing his head.

"I didn't mean it like that...i.." He's  trying so hard to explain and it's honestly annoying.

"I like it that you're honest." Yeri turn her face to her dad right away when he finally talks again. what the..
 
"I'm really sorry, Jihoo-ya..my son..is just.."

"No, it's ok. They're just started dating and still a kid, we're not doing this to force them or anything..."

Her dad is start laughing now, and it's honestly not fair for Yeri, why everyone is on Jungkook's side and not her.

"I'm having a hard time to like my sister too." Junghyun is also not helping when he's joining their conversation while chuckling.

"It's good that you're not forcing us to do anything, because honestly, i'm having it harder while trying to learn about Jungkook..."

Yeri can feels a squeeze on her thights, her mom is not liking what she said. Totally.

"Why are you guys even dating each other?" Junghyun looks genuinely confused and he let that question slip out just like that.

"Let's stop this and focus with other topic, It's Yeri and Jungkook's problem, we don't need to intervene with their life."

Everyone is agree with Yeri's mom suggestion, and now they started talking about other things, she's already lost on her own thoughts so she's not actually following the conversation anymore.

Why she keep dating Jungkook when their relationship is nothing but a mess? she doesn't know how to explain if other asked, but deep down  on her heart she's aware that having Jungkook around will at least protecting her from becoming stupid and crazy again.
If Yeri is having no boyfriend, Jaebum will try to get her back because for him Yeri is noting more than just something he want to have out of habit and Yeri will probably said yes to his offer, even though she knows exactly what he did behind her back. Cheating, lying, betraying her.

It's probably weird, but Jungkook is actually keeping her away from Jaebum, he is keeping her sane.