Seventeen

Second Chance

It's a really bad one for Yeri. She only spend her times with crying and listening to a sad songs. This is the worst heartbreak ever. Everyone in her household is already give up to makes her feels better because nothing is work for her.

She thought that she doesn't actually love Jungkook that much because he's the one who always hurting her with his words till their very first encounter until their last, how can she called her as worse than his cheating ex girlfriend. It was beyond insulting on so many levels. But turns out that she actually love him the most from any other boyfriend she ever had, because even with that, she doesn’t actually lost her feeling for him. She rather to see Yoon Jaebum making out with other girls for one thousand time instead of not being able to see Jungkook like this.

She doesn't know how he’s dealing with this, but according to a secret report Junghyun gained from their parents. He is also having a hard time.

"He's not coming to work for a week. His dad is so ready to fire him for doing this."

"well, he's not actually work there for real, i mean..he's just a helper."

"Anyway, that means your feelings are mutual.."

Well, probably. But she’s still doubting it because Jungkook is never try to reach her, not a call, a message, email, nothing.


Yeri is usually happier in weekend, when her family is complete, just like today, it’s sunday morning and she already in the kitchen helping her mom making some cookies for Soohyun.

It was a usual day for her, not too gloomy even though she's still missing Jungkook like crazy.

Nothing special happened until one unknown number calling her.

"May i speak to Kim Yerim?" A woman's voice.

"Yes, who is it?'

"It's Jungkook's mom."

It's really surprising, and it's also fascinating for her because she introduced herself as Jungkook's mom and not as Junsu's like before.

The phone call ended up with one lunch appointment, noone else only Yeri and miss Lee HaNa, her name was Kim HaNa first then she become Jeon HaNa and then Lee HaNa. well..

 


 


Yeri arrived first, she waited for 10 minutes before Jungkook's mom come to see her, she lost lots of weight since the last time she saw her, which means around 3 weeks ago. She doesn't looks as bright as before.

"I'm sorry i'm late."

"It's ok."

There's an awkward silence between them when they finally meet again, face to face.

"How are you?" Yeir is the one who talk to her first, because this woman actually doesn't look fine.

"Quite bad."

"I heard from Junsu.” Yeri already talked with him last week, and he told her about his mom who are very stressed regarding what happened.

"Does he ok?"

She means Jungkook obviously. Yeri shake her head and raise her eyebrows to her.

"I..don't know. I'm not seeing him again after that day.."

"Really? "

"Yeah. It was bad. I don’t know how far you're aware about him or me. I'm sorry but if i had to makes a judgment for what you did i'd say you're a really bad person."

Jungkook's mom is not responding anything but she give her a smile. Her eyes is wondering far, it's empty and teary.

"I heard you are kim Jihoon's daughter.."

Oh this talk, at last..

"Yes."

"I'm in a band with him, did you know that?"

"No"

"It was my first audition for a band and he accepted me right away. He takes me to meet Jungkook's father and.."

Yeri use her hands to stopped her from talking,  she give her a deep stare.

"Why did you do that?"

She looks taken aback with her question and her guts to cut her words. She lean her back to her chair and playing with a small spoon on the table.

"How old are you?" She ask Yeri a question after taking a glance to her.

"20."

"I was around that age too when i had Jungkook. Do you ever thought about having a kid right now?"

It was a question about her but why the thought of Jungkook is the one that popped out on her mind when asked about this. Their relationship is still far from that kind of story. Stupid thoughts..or maybe she already start thinking about it.

"Umm..no." She answer the question quick.

"Me too. I never want that kind of life. I was being too brave for running away and try to build a family at such young age because i thought.. My love from my husband is enough for that."

"Jungkook oppa can't choose that. He had no control to choose his parents.. he's not supposed to be punished because you are not ready for having him"

"I know..i was thinking of running away every single day before he was born, but when i finally saw him..it's love at the first sight. He's the most beautiful thing i ever had.."

Jungkook is pretty as a baby, she knows it judging from pictures she saw at his house few weeks ago. But she also knows, it was not what she meant.

"His eyes is so big..it likes he hold all my whole world on his dazzling eyes. I love him more than anything, he gave me strength. I don't want to run away again after i had him.."

Wow. She's really good with her words, like Jungkook, Yeri is almost believed what she said about loving her son for real.  But reality is different..she's torturing him.

"That's actually not answering my question...why did you leave him? Why did you hurt him? I want to know."

She is being a and a little bit rude right now but she can’t help it. She want to try to understand her.

"Our life was a total struggles. Yerimmie…I was running away from my family so does Jungkook's dad. We're on our own, noone backing us up. We were 19 years old, without any work experience or a degree. It was hard to find a job, money is our biggest problem."

"That was the reason? Isn't it too cliche?"

She's a little bit annoyed by Yeri's remarks and smile is no longer showed on her face.

"It wasn't..i was staying for more than a decade. Me and my husband is doing our best for Jungkook. We worked so hard for him."

It's a little bit bothering her when she keeps addressing Jungkook's dad as her husband when he's not.

"I'm not like you. 20 years old young girl who use her parents money for clubbing or shopping.."

It's an offence for Yeri but she can not fight it because it's true.

"I'm working as a waitress, a cashier, a replacement driver, anything..i did everything for my son to have a decent life. I spent years doing it and it finally takes a toll on me.."

Her voice suddenly changes. It became smaller and deeper.

"I was 29 years old. I don't have time to talk with my friends, my parents won’t talk to me, i don't go to college like you..i was depressed. I can't talk to anyone because my husband was working so hard. He won't come home till midnight. I was taking care my own son and my horrible life all by myself..it was hard, really hard, Yerim.."

She end her story with tears on her cheeks..she's crying. And Yeri feels bad for her.. she never imagine that kind of life. She won't last a day.

"I didn't know that. I'm sorry." 

"Did Jungkook ever told you? There was a day when i don't even have money to buy him food and he ended up asking some from his friends at school..telling them he was all alone at home and he's hungry.."

She told the story, still with tears but also a little laugh right now. And Jungkook never told her that..as expected, because why would he, someone who always pretend to be strong in front of her telling this kind of pitiful childhood story.

"Our life was so hard. But my son never complaints. Not even once. My heart is breaking everyday seeing him. And one day...i just can't hold it anymore..."

She's crying even harder now and Yeri start being wary about their surrounding. She decide to move her chair closer to her and patting her back.

"I was trying to kill myself and my son.."

She is pulling herself from Jungkook's mom right away. This is beyond surprising and shocking.

"You did what?"

"He never told you that?"

"What? No! Did he know it? Did he know his mother was trying to kill him? When he was a kid?"

"He knows. He knows it very well."

Jeon Jungkook. That . All this time he live in such a miserable life. Yeri thought she already learned everything about him but how could he hide this thing from her. Why.. She feels so emotional right now.

"I was sick. I was crazy. I was a mess. I regretted it and i run away after that day. I'm afraid, i would try to do that again if i stay. So i left him, i left my family..i have no choice."

Yeri never know someone's life could be this extreme and painful. Jungkook is growing up so well..he's such a nice guy and treat people around him well..he's so bright, he has so many friends..people likes him..but how could he makes this kind of scar hidden.

"I was receiving a treatment for awhile. I was helped by my old friends. I continue my study. I manage to arranged my life again, I worked as a nurse and i met Junsu's dad..i find a comfort from him."

Well.. that words is familiar, just like what Seoyoen told to Jungkook when she was asked about her reason for choosing Jaebum over him. Because he could offer some comforts. What a bull.

Yeri ended up smirking in such a sarcastic way to her, but then she realized her condition is so much worse than Seoyeon and she can not judge her as a bad person. She had enough pain, she had enough struggles.

"I live my life again and i always feels sorry to him, i miss him everyday, my most beautiful treasure..."

Jungkook’s mom is stopped crying and now wiping her tears with a handkerchief from her bag.

"I'm treating my family really good right now. I treat Junsu and my husband really good because i think this way i can pay my sin to Jungkook and his dad.."

"Do you ever have a thought of coming back? Just to see how their life is.."

"All the time. I always have those thoughts..but i feel it's so selfish of me to comeback and tell them what was going on..especially when their life is getting better after i left. His dad is back to his family..he's successful on his business, Jungkook is growing up with enough love and facilities..it probably won't happened if i choose to stick with them.."

This is wrong. Not entirely but most of it is a lie.

"They were not happy after you left..you decided to learn about them a little bit too late.."

"What do you mean?"

"If his life before you left is a pain because your family was poor and stuffs at least he still has love. Your love..but after you left. Even with all those fortunes and achievements he lost his most precious thing. A complete family.."

Talking about this won't get too hard if Yeri is not actually in the middle of a cold war with Jungkook. But then..things goes wrong and she’s just becoming more emotional talking about this knowing he is out there, mad at her and probably already lost all his love for her.

"His dad got sick. The young boy you left becoming a sole survivor. He needs to take care of his dad who was sick because of you. His dad start to becoming violent to him without he realized, throwing things to him, angry with no reason, he doesn't even remember him as his son sometimes..they were not happy."

She is a crying mess right now. Her eyes are red, rosy cheeks, shaking voice and short breaths. She feels bad.

"Are you ok?"

Jungkook’s mom look surprised hearing what she said, but she’s also looks worried because Yeri won’t stop crying. She pat herheads and help her wipe her tears and being asked like this makes her feels even more sad.

"No. I don't think so"

She's not okay.  If she knows Jungkook had this kind of troubles with his mom. She won't even think to lie to him about finding her. She should just tell him everything instead acting like some sort of heroes who protect him from a hurt feelings.

"He was so easy to turn into some messy person because of his past and noone will blame him if that happens..but he's not. He care for his father so much no matter how he treat him. He has so many friends, never give any burden to anyone, hide his pain from everybody. He took a really good care of me, a lame girl with perfect life who knows nothing about hardship.."

She doesn’t even know why she said this to Jungkook’s mom, she just feels really stupid while saying this. Jungkook is such a great guy and she let him go.

“I'm glad he's ended up being a great man despite his hard life..after all those pain i caused him..It’s a good thing, why are you crying?"

"Because.. I'm losing him..and i don't even know why..”

Yeri end her words with covering her face. She sweeps her hair back and takes a deep breath to calm herself down.

"Is it because of me and Junsu? Is he jealous of him?"

"I don’t know the exact reason but i guess we just got hurt by each other.. i lied to him about you and Junsu, he was mad and i hate the way he’s doing it."

Jungkook's mom is pulling herself from her when Yeri is looking better and no longer crying.

She looks hesitate to talk to her again but looks like she still has unresolved problem.

"You know..the reason i asked you to meet me because i need your help, Yerimmie."

"My help?"

"Can you help me to see Jungkook ? I'll do anything but can you help me with that? I really need to see him, just one time."

Yeri is not sure. It's almost 3 weeks since the last time she saw him and...with no communication whatsoever.

"I can't promise you. But i'll try."

Their meeting ended up running till late night with Yeri and Jungkook's mom talks about everything. Their parents, Junsu, Jungkook, her life, Yeri's life. And that night she’s already clear with her judgment for her, She is very far from being a bad person.

 

***

 

The next day, Jungkook's graduation is taking place. Yeri already made up her mind last week to skipped this event. Even though her and everyone in her family received an invitation from Jungkook's dad. It's just weird to showed up in an event where everyone is present and Jungkook will ignore her. But she already changed her mind since her meeting with Jungkook's mom, she determined to go right now.

"Kim Yerim, are you ready to go?"

She can heard her mom's voice from the living room. She's ready now after 3 hours preparation. She probably won't prepare this much for her own wedding.

"Your intention is obvious."

She bump into Junghyun on the stairs and she looks at him, confused because with what he said.

"It's a graduation ceremony not a beauty pageant"

"What do you mean?"

"You're trying to get your ex's attention back."

Well..Jaebum will be there but that's totally not her intention.

"Why would i do that for Yoon Jaebum?"

"Not him..i mean your other ex.."

"Who?"

"Well.."

She finally understand and she is annoyed right now.

"Jeon Jungkook is not my ex. He is still my boyfriend. Please don't say something like that because it makes me feels nervous with no reason."

"You don't even talk to him..for how long. A month?"

She is not answering him and start to stare at her mother who already watched their conversation since a while ago.

"Is this too much?"

She asked her about her appearance.Yeri purposefully choose a black dress, not a revealing one but quite glamorous to wear it for someone else's graduation ceremony. She styles her hair with elegant braided crown, put a serious make up and her most expensive high heels. 

"No, you look really pretty. But Junghyun is right..your intention is obvious."

"Mom!"

"Why? I would wear a bikini to a graduation ceremony for chasing a guy like Jungkook."

"Ugh." What kind of family is this, Yeri is back to her room to toning down her makeup.

"I'll just say it once, so everyone in this house would know.."

She's screaming from her room because everyone is really testing her right now.

"I'm not chasing Jeon Jungkook. He was mean to me too..and if there will a be break up. I am not getting dumped. It's a mutual agreement. Is that clear?"

Nobody is answering her only Soohyun who now stand in front of her door.

"Can my seniors at my ballet academy hitting on him then? Everyone loves him."

“You’re a kid.”

“There are girls around your age too.”

Ugh whatever. Yeri don't do ballet anymore maybe he do likes ballerina.. who cares.
 

***

 

Yeri sit at the backseat together with her siblings. She's annoyed and not saying anything to anyone. Her mission for coming to see Jungkook is not to take his attentions back but to makes him willing to see his mother, hearing everything from her side and deal with his past for once at all.

She is sparing some time to interact with few of her friends who's also here to watch the graduation ceremony. They can not actually get inside and see the senior receive their degree, but Yeri can with an invitation from Jungkook’s dad.

"I saw your boyfriend earlier. He looks somewhat different."

Jieun is also here, she talks to her while Yeri told her family to go first.

Jungkook, it's been 3 weeks and 2 days since Yeri saw him. She'll probably find him different too.

"Really?"

"He looks really great, super handsome. He does styling himself better after he's dating you, but today is just wow. He looks really good, you help him with his clothes and everything, right?"

She is not answering anything and give Jieun a smile instead. She shouldn't have changed her make up, and go with the beauty pageant styling instead. She said goodbye to Jieun when she enter the auditorium. Jieun can't go without an invitation.

"Takes lots of picture for me, bye."

The hall is huge, it's so full with her senior who looks happy and relieved surrounded by their family.

"Yeri-ah" Yeri is turning her face when someone is calling her name.

Her eyes stopped at Jaebum and his parents when they're walking to her directions. She met them for a few times, so she knows them.

"Long time no see." Jaebum's mom is embracing her to a hug and she can not do anything beside hugging her back and bowing her head to them.

"Yes. how are you?" she’s just trying to be friendly to them with asking that.

"We're fine. You still have one year to graduate, right?"

"It's two actually, i still have a long way to go. I just started my third year ."

Jaebum's mom nodding her head, and she looks even brighter when her eyes catch something or someone else.

"Oh..Seoyeon?"

Nightmare. Yeri give her an awkward smile when she is standing next to her. Looks like she already close with Jaebum's parents, judging from their interaction.

"Where are your parents?"

Seoyeon is pointing her hand to another side of the hall when asked by Jaebum’s dad.

Everyone looks awkward right now, when Yeri shake hands with his parents as they're leaving with Seoyeon.

"Congratulation."

She finally talked to Jaebum again, after everyone else left them, He actually spend half of his college life as her boyfriend, so a proper greeting like this won't be too reaching.

"Thanks. Where is he?"

He must be asked about Jungkook, obviously.

"Umm..he's here, somewhere i think, i'm still looking for him."

"Listen.."

Yeri is staring at his hands,  now holding hers. This is a little bit weird and awkward for her.

"I'm sorry for everything."

She can’t help but laughing at him, because..it feels like..he should be doing this since a long time ago. Now, she doesn't even remember his list of mistakes anymore.

"What? why now?"

"You're such a good person. Too good for me and i'm really sorry for all the pain i caused you, you don't deserve that, and thank you for letting me go so easily, i'm happy right now."

Ok, so Yeri could translate this as, "you're nice, i'm a jerk, thank you for not being so obsessed with me because now i finally have my freedom and i'm happy with my new girlfriend." She pulls her hands from him quickly. He is still such an till the end.

"I'm sure you are." She's rolling her eyes at him, while searching for her family in the crowd..where are they?

"Thank you for all the time you spent on me.."

"You mean, the time i wasted on you."

She's becoming more annoyed because Jaebum keeps talking to her.

"Your seat is over there."

Jaebum's expression turn darker and so does Yeri when she heard a familiar voice. It's Jungkook's

"Good bye, Kim Yerim."

She feels a little bit surprised when Jaebum said goodbye to her, it's not see you around or catch up with you later. It was a goodbye, and it feels like she's closing one long chapter of her life story.

She turn her face after he left, and she can see Jungkook who’s begin leaving her, walking away from her.  She grabs his hands in reflects.

"Wait for me."

She told him that with a very small voice, it's nerve wrecking somehow..it's been 3 weeks since the last time they spoke to each other, they left with hatred and anger, their relationship is on the verge of crumbling and she doesn't want it to happen.

Jungkook is not stopping, he keeps walking and she choose to let him go, thanks to his broadback, she can still see him in the middle of crowd and following his direction so she can finally found her family. She take a sit next to Soohyun and he take a sit next to his dad, they both take the end row to sit, so far from each other.

Yeri's mind is already somewhere else..she can not focus to the ceremony and keep thinking about her conversation with Jungkook's mom last night.  It's complicated..

Now it’s probably time for her to blame her kind personality for this..she can not change her judgment about her. She is such a nice woman, she's strong and somehow Yeri is not angry anymore for what she did to Jungkook. All the pain she caused,the hardship, tears, even after seeing all of it from him, she still thinks, his mother left for a good reason. She feels bad for thinking like this and she doesn't know how to tell Jungkook.


"It's Jungkook oppa's turn."

Her mind distracted by Soohyun who hit her shoulder when Jungkook gets up from his sit to receive his degree on stage, and Jieun was right..he totally looks different.
He cut his hair shorter, he lost weight since the last time she saw him, he dressed in a nice suit covered by a black graduation probe. He doesn't looks like the brat who always and laugh with her over silly little things. He looks really matured.

"I'm going to send this to my ballet academy group chart."

Soohyun takes picture of him, lots of it. The shot when he receive his degree is coming out really well. He looks happy.

Yeri can see his dad is shedding tears on his seat. He looks really proud and also emotional..and she understand him, who can imagine your son could grow up really well after the hardship you gave him for years. It's only possible because it's Jungkook.

 

***



The ceremony ended after one hour, and now Jungkook  is busy with his friends outside, taking pictures and everything. She doesn't have a heart to ruin his day with the talk about his mother, so she choose to spend time with her family instead bothering him.

"This is where i usually receive my lectures."

Her parents and Jungkook's dad is nowhere to be found, Junghyun is with Chaeyeon, so she ended up giving a tour for Soohyun.

"What are you studying again, unnie?"

"Business communication."

"And Jungkook oppa?"

"Architecture."

"So how could you know him? you're not even studying the same thing."

She looks really curious, she’s asking her while drinking a strawberry frosty Yeri gave her earlier. Jungkook's favorite.

"Do you see that parking lot?"

She is following her hand, Yeri still remembers it completely, it still feels like yesterday, that day.

"What about it?"

"I met him there, for the first time."

"Oh..really? it must be nice to have your boyfriend close to you."

"It is nice."

"Do you eat together for lunch?"

"Most of times, yes."

"Are you happy?"

She is looking at Soohyun who sit on the bench next to her, because she doesn't understand her question.

"I mean, having a relationship with him..."

"I guess, why?"

 

"Nothing, i'm glad you're happy. I always feels bad for you. You had a little brother when you barely 2 years old, mom and dad is changing her focus to Junghyun oppa instead of you, while he can still wait for 10 years before he got a little sister."

Yeri is smiling at her because Soohyun is so cute talking aboutt this. Her concern is so innocent and she's happy her sister is care for her so much.

"So you hate Junghyun?"

"No, but i do like you better."

"Really?"

"Not every time but most of times, yes."

"Thank you. I like you too." She give her a quick peck on top of her head, and she's smiling at her. Such a baby.

"I feel so bad for you after mom and dad mad at you when Junghyun oppa got an accident. It's unfair you're the one who’s getting all the blame."

It was months ago

"Nah..i deserved that. I was not behaving well that time. Don't be like me when you're becoming an adult."

"Why? ignoring your sick brother for a handsome boyfriend like Jungkook oppa? I'm definitely doing it."

She is funny.

"How could you know about this? i remember you were sleeping like a koala when everything happened."

"Mom and dad talked about it at home too."

"I wasn’t with him when that happened. I was sleeping at home, alone."

"So Jungkook oppa is like taking the blame for you? he's like your prince charming? I’m jealous"

She looks serious with the question, and it's actually her uncomfortable .

"You could say that."

Soohyun doesn't know about Jungkook's life, because he only showed her the perfect, nice, and happy side of him to her. For her, Jungkook is a prince charming who lives in a world full of rainbow and happy family. She probably thought he ride horses in daily basis with a royal outfits and waving his hand to peoples, just like a prince.
But reality is, those things is not more than just a shield coming from him.

Her sister is running to Junghyun when he calls her name. She give a hug to Chaeyeon and now Yeri is following her. Her parents is already back, so does Jungkook's dad.
She is giving Chaeyeon a smile when they finally met again after a long time.

"We decide to book some cottage for the rest of this weekend, we'll stay there, playing, eating good food, making memories.."

The we that her mom refering is her, Yeri's dad, and Jungkook's dad.

"Is it ok for Chaeyeon to join?" Junghyun looks excited. Yeri is not.

"Of course, a few of his staffs will be joining us too. He want to give some of them a break."

Her mom give a pat to Jungkook's dad's back and he smiles because of it. He looks so much better and happier, weeks after he got ill.

"it's only two night stay, so we can go right now."

Why everyone is so rushing and happy for this , when Yeri doesn't even know if she want to be there or not.

"You don't need to join us, if you don't want to come."

Her dad give her a little hit on her shoulder, looks like he understand her really well, so she nod her head to him.

"And that is for you as well..both of you don't need to come if you're thinking of ruining our vacation."

She take a glance to Jungkook who's now already beside her, looking awkward and embarrassed after hearing her dad's remarks.

"We'll be there."

He talks to him without discussing anything to her and well..it's been a long time since Yeri see this side of him  again, he usually listen to her really well, consider her request and discussing everything with her before made a decision.

"Ok then."

"I'll just go back home to keep this, i’ll catching up later." Jungkook show Yeri’s dad, his probe and few documents on his hand.

"Then i'll go with you."

"Alright then. We’ll see you there."

Jungkook is not saying anything after her dad left. He just walking away from her and Yeri is also too afraid and too annoyed to do anything with him, but well..she needs to do this, she decide to walks behind him and manage to get into the car at the same time with him.

Yeri is half annoyed and half glad for sharing a same ride with him again. She’s stealing glance to him for a few times, He's really quiet, not even talking about his graduation or his life for the past 3 weeks.

Dead silence.

"You're really good at doing a fight."

She can not held it anymore because she already so fed up and tired with this so she talks to him in such a rude way. But even with that he's still ignoring her. And she gives up to try talking with him for the rest of the journey.

 

***


Jungkook's place is still the same, the vibe, the air, it's just a little bit more gloomy since the last time she was here. Maybe because the owner is also in a bad mood.

She watch him walk to the kitchen taking a bottle of water for himself and gives Yeri, her favorite juice. He still have it on his fridge, it was her who bought it last month, just in case she's craving for some when she stay here.

"Can i get a beer instead of this?"

Jungkook is taking back her juice and give her one can of beer instead. Still no words from him, she takes it and opening it, drinking everything very slowly. She knows he’s watching her, he’s staring at her for a few seconds before he left.

"Where are you going?" She holds him by his arms but he's avoiding it.

"I'm not doing this."

He talks to her with a straight face and it really is annoying for her. She made a mistake but it's not like he is totally innocent on this matter.

"Doing what? can you tell me what are we doing right now?"

He looks quite taken aback with what she said. He’s staring at her with such an intimidated gaze, she’s really remind her to when Jungkook first found out about Seoyeon cheating on him, last year. When they had their first met at that one coffee shop.

"What do you want?" That's what he said to her.

Yeri wants lots of things, she want a chance to talk to him, she want to hug him, she want to say sorry to him, she want to be with him, she wants everything back to normal.

"Nothing. I want nothing." But she’s just too angry to ask that things.

Jungkook is mocking her with a small laugh after hearing that, he put his hand to his pocket and now sitting on the edge of the dining table. Handsome, y, but also annoying.

"I understand."

He begin to talk now, his eyes is wondering to a big window beside him, and back to her again after few seconds.

"How long has it been since our first met? 8 months? 9?"

"10..10 months."

Yeri is cursing at herself on her mind, when she sound like an expert on things like this. She answer it really fast.

"You know me for 10 months and you know your childhood friend for years, i understand why you mad at me for what i did.."

What?

"It's never about taking side. You know that's not our problem."

Yeri is super annoyed right now. She can makes a list for the reason why she mad at Jungkook, Junsu is never on that.

"Did you know what my mother did for him? how she helps him and his family?"

He’s walking back to the kitchen, opening his fridge and takes one bottle of different kind of beer he gave Yeri earlier, before drinking it.

"You knows about all of it, and you also know what that woman did to me. I told you everything, because i trust you that much.."

"You don't. You're not telling me everything. Stop acting like you did."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what i mean. You don't trust me enough to tell me everything, i just manage to break a little part of your shield and learn a few pieces of your story, when you actually have so much bigger secret and pain."

"What are you talking about?"

Jungkook’s eyes get wary and he begin avoiding her stare. He feels nervous.

"I met your mother. She told me everything."

His eyes got bigger, he’s surprised, really surprised. He’s blinking his eyes a few times but back to Yeri after he take one sip of his drink again.

"So now you're friends with her too.."

He gives her one cynic smile. At it really doesn’t feels good receiving that.

"At least, she's honest."

It's an argument, where none of them want to lose.

"Did she told you about my sad life? about me and her who was starving at least once a week?"

"She told me about trying to kill you."

Yeri talks really fast and she's also surprised by how quick she told him about this. Jungkook lost her smile and his expression is getting darker, he's not saying anything but choose to staring at the floor instead. A bitter smile is show on his face later.

"That was..unexpected."

He lift his face to her again and his eyes is now teary. 

"I never know someone could be proud about that and even going around telling people.."

He wipe his tears with his thumb. And it's really hard for Yeri to see him like this.

"She wasn't proud." 

Jungkook is no longer sit on the table and now he drag his feet to his room. Running away just like how Yeri expecting.

"Why did you never told me about this?"

"Why would i tell you that, isn’t that a more appropriate question to asked?”

“You said you trust me.”

“I don't want you to have this obligation for being nice to me just because you know my own mother was trying to kill me when i was a kid. I'm not doing relationship that way."

He looks heavily bothered with this conversation, and Yeri feels the same thing. This is so frustrated and hard to carry. The talk.

"But things won't get sour and i don't need to hurt you if you told me since the beginning."

Jungkook is back to her and he choose to stand in front of her waiting for her to talk more.

"How?"

"If you told me, i probably won't care about anything else..i won't even thinking about meeting your mom...just like you said, i'll be taking a side, your side. I'll stand by you and fight them, fight my childhood friend and his mom because they're hurting you.”


She stopped her talk because she try to hold her tears and her voice was shaking too much. He is still not saying anything or do something, so she keeps talking to him.

"But you choose to not tell me. I did what i did because you told me you don't want me to put anyone else above myself. And i agree with you, I don't want to hate someone for your sake, i don't want to fight someone for your sake, so i decide to learn about her, what she did, and her reasoning behind it, so i can get a proper judgment of her.."

Jungkook looks so lost hearing all of this. He's confused and frustrated.

"And with that...i don't think i can stand by you..i already heard everything from your mother and i'm sorry..i am not like you, i'm someone who always give second chance to people and i think she deserves it."

Yeri take a name card from her bag and give it to Jungkook. It's his mom’s. He doesn't take it so she put it to a table next to him.

"She asked my help to get in touch with you. I know.. a tip from someone like me regarding this matter is probably useless in your eyes..but..she'll be leaving the country in a few days and..just..try to see her, before she leaves."

She wipe her tears after finished her talks and start walking away from Jungkook, turning her back from him.

"What are you doing right now?"

But she was stopped by when he's finally talking to her. She is looking at him while giving him a quick smile.

"You said No when i asked you if you'll ever give me a second chance when i messed up. So..i'm saying goodbye right now."

Yeri regretting what she said right away..but she has no other choice. Jungkook doesn't deserve this.