One

Second Chance

 

For Kim Yerim, a 20 years old college student, business communication major, life is a complete fairytale.
Loving parents, one brother and sister who's she's adored, just perfect, good family,  she's living a good life with enough fortunes and loves surrounding her.
There's also Yoon Jae Bum, who's basically the one who makes her perfect life becoming more colorful for the past 2 years, her boyfriend and Yeri thinks that he's the love of her life.

"Do you know where Jaebeom oppa is?"

"Oh, he's still in his class."

Yeri is not the most popular student in college, but her boyfriend is. Everyone knows him, med-student, handsome, rich, probably the one who deserved the title of Most desired bachelor in a whole campus. So, of course Yeri is also feel lucky to have him as a boyfriend, that's why she wants to makes a special surprise event for their anniversary today.
She brought a small cheesecake on her hand, wearing her prettiest casual clothes and dressing up for him. Everyone knows Jaebum is Yeri's, so even though she's not as popular as him, she's trying to be at least in par with him.

"Thanks." 

Yeri can see Jaebum is still inside the class room, he's wearing a blue shirt with a bagpack on his back. Looks so handsome in front of her eyes, he's in the middle of talking with someone, Yeri doesn't want to bother him so she decide to wait until he's finished.
He's sit on the very back of the class, so it's hard to heard what he's talking about with his friend, which turns out to be a beautiful girl, dark hair, dazzling eyes, even for Yeri, she looks so pretty.
They talk really close to each other, and Yeri start getting anxious because of it. And with just one movement from Jaebum, Yeri's perfect fairytale is crumbling.

Her boyfriend start kissing that girl so passionately, tongue was used, lust is definetely involved, he never kissed Yeri like that. Yeri can't bare to watch it any longer when she's suspecting that her boyfriend making out with this girl is not an accident, they used with it, they act natural and totally enjoying it, so Yeri choose to leave, angry and dissapointed, she's crying.She doesn't bother to say goodbye to Jaebum's friend when she walked passed by them.

***

Yeri is aware that she's crying a lot, people will notice it right away when they saw her face, so she decide to hide behind someone else's car at the parking lot, squating down, hugging her knees. She  was crying for 5 minutes before the car she used to hide is moving on reverse, the trunk hit her back head, making her laying on her stomach. Dirt on her pretty clothes, smashed cheese cake smeared on it too. She can heard someone is coming out from the car, cursing and sounds angry.

"Are you ok?" The voice owner helping her stand while dragging her right arm. Yeri is looking at his face, but she doesn't know him.

"Why am i getting hit by your car?"

"Then, what are you doing so close to my car? i didn't saw you there." Yeri is a little bit surprise when this guy use his big palm to touch her head.

"There's a bump on your head, wait here..my girlfriend is a med-student, i'll call her."

The guy is opening his car door for her and because Yeri is already tired and hurt both emotionally and physcally she's following his instruction. And when she left, Yeri is leaning her head and closing her eyes. Thanks to being hit by a car, she's already stopped crying.

"How could you hit someone?"

"I wasn't doing it on purpose.."

Two people in a relationship and arguisng is probably the last thing Yeri  want to see right now because it reminds her to Jaebum. Yeri is opening her eyes, when the door is open again, and honestly, fate is really playing with her right now.


The pretty girl Jaebum was kisssed earlier is here, standing in front of her looking shock and taken aback, with that Yeri realized she knows what she's doing and she knows who she is.

"There's a bump on her head, so let's see that first."
The man from earlier looks concerned and worried.

"Hi. I'm Jung Seoyeon..are you feeling ok?"
Yeri is defintely not expecting this girl to haves a gut for talking to her and even introduced herself with a smile.

In Yeri's eyes, this girl is definitely a heartthrob. Her voice sounds friendly and sweet.

" I'm fine." Yeri is walking away from them while stare at the man who hit her. He definitely a student here, he's wearing a familiar jacket people usually use here, his styling is messier than Jaebum, he's wearing a black hoodie with ripped jeans and a beanie on his head. if Yeri really need to be honest, she understand why this girl is cheating on him with Jaebum.

***


The rest of the day is a mess for Yeri, she's tired on avoiding people's question about what happened to her. She ignores everyone, friends and family, she's not even talking to his brother who picked her up from college, because honestly Yeri doesn't know what to talk about in this situation. It's just a mess.


Yeri is in the middle of dictracting herself from a heartbreak while playing a console game with her brother. She shed tears a few times while playing, Junghyun, her brother looks confused but he also don't want to talk to her about it, it's going to be awkward.

"Your phone is ringing again."

It's not like Yeri doesn't know that her phone is already ringing for the third times, same unknown number calling her on repeat, it's started to get annoying.

"Just ignore it."

"It bothers me." Junghyun is a stubborn kid, and Yeri sometimes get scared bc of him, he's just one year younger than her and the only son in this house, so basically he's acting like the boss out of their parent's children.

"Fine." Yeri doesn't want to spend times arguing with him, so she take her phone back to her room and picking up the call in there.

"Kim Yerim , we need to talk." Familiar voice, but still sounds like a stranger.

"Who is this?" She's still trying to be respectful, and talking with honorifics with the owner of this voice.

"Jeon Jung Kook" It's the first time for Yeri hearing that name.

"Who?"

"I was the one who hit you with my car today." Yeri still remember him of course, this poor guy was also cheated on by her girlfriend.

"I'm fine, don't worry." 
t's totally makes sense if he feels wronged about what happened and checking her out after gathering some information and manage to find her contact, so Yeri doesn't shut him off, and feels thankful to him instead.

"I'm not calling you for that. I want to talk."

But turns out that was a too good expectation coming from this guy, because he started talking with intimidating tone, sounds angry and annoyed. Yeri doesn't know this guy is, and she has nothing to talk about with him, unless if he want to talk about his unfaithful girlfriend.

"I have nothing to talked about with you, i'm fine."

"This is important."

Yeri can heard that he's so serious about it, and since she's curious she said yes to his offer for a meet up.

***

Yeri is parking her car in a parking lot of fast food restaurant. Jungkook asked her to meet at a famous club near her college, she's often going there with her friends, but it doesn't sounds right to meet him at that place. Today is already an exhausting day for her, and seeing Jungkook is probably not a good choice, since she thinks that she can not get a long with him well. But becuase she can symphatize with him since both of their boyfriend and girlfriend cheating on them so she's willing to meet him.

"It's going to be more practical, if we just met at the club."

That's what he said, right after he saw Yeri and take a sit in front of her. He totally looks so much better than earlier, his black hoodie already replaced by a simple leather jacket and black shirt inside it, her jeans is still ripped but he's styling his hair better tonight.

"I don't go to a club with stranger."

That's a reason, and also she's afraid if someone she knows saw her there together with Jungkook. She's still someone else's girlfriend and Jungkook is still someone else's boyfriend. And given with how popular Jaebum is, that's totally sounds like a bad plan.

"My girlfriend is having an affair with your bf."
Jungkook now looks serious, his eyes looks sad, dissapointed and he looks angry. Yeri already expecting this talk before she came here, so this is totally not a surpise.

"We're being cheated."

"I know."

"What do you mean you know?"

Jungkook looks confused but also annoyed because Yeri can see he's clenching his fist at the side of the table.

"I know my boyfriend cheated with your girlfriend."

"What? did you already know this when i bring her to you for treating your wound this morning?"

Jungkook is let out a mocking laugh because he thought this whole thing is absurd. And Yeri feels a little bit insulted by that.

"yes, that's what happened."

"So you're really a dumb girl."

And that's an insult completely. Yeri started to get angry with what he said right now.

"What do you mean?"

"No, it's just a rumor i heard, people called Jaebum's girlfriend as a dumb girl who let him got away with every mistakes, and looks like the rumor is true."

"That's not true."

"Yes it is. Someone's smart won't let her boyfriend got taken away easily like that and being so cool about it. You're stupid for doing that."

Yeri is closing her eyes, this is really going to far. This man is a complete jerk.

"At least i'm not taking out my frustation from being cheated on to other peoples, like what you're doing right now. Insulting me is not going to change the fact that your girlfriend is also cheating on you."

Jungkook is now offended too, Yeri can see it through his eyes, he's getting even more angry with what she said.

"Are we done talking? I'm busy right now."
Yeri gets up from her sit, but Jungkook hold her arms and now getting up from his sit too.

"Sorry for calling you dumb and taking out my anger on you."

He suddenly looks at her with soft eyes, and his voice is becoming calmer than before. And it makes Yeri feels wronged, both of them get hurt today. That's the fact.

"That's fine, i just..need some time to procceed everything, i just learn about it today, and i've been with Jaebum for the past 2 years. So yeah...."
Yeri hold his hand on her arms and tossed it lightly. She manage to give him one quick smile, before she's walking away.
Am i really dumb?

***

Jaebum is getting away from his mistakes a lot on their relationship is probably true, Yeri loves him, so of course she had to made a compromise. He never makes a big and serious mistake, it's just a simple thing like forget to pick her up, lying to her for playing with his friends, refuse to went on date with her, just small things.
Yeri rarely got angry to him because he always come to her for apologized and she forgive him,  she doesn't know this thing is called dumb for others and Jungkook.

Yeri reached her home back  almost midnight, tomorrow is weekend, so it's actually nice for her to actually take a break from all the drama on her life. And when Jaebum's name showed up as a caller on her phone Yeri just feels numb. She's so dissapointed with him.

"Hi"
His voice still sounds like something she want to heard for a very long time even after he's hurting her. And that feelings actually makes her deserving the tittle of a dumb girl, just like what Jungkook said.

"Hi."
"I heard you're out  tonight.."
"hmm?"
"One of my friend saw you at the burger restaurant, he told me you were together with someone.."
Jungkook, yeah.
"Oh? yeah..he is a friend." Yeri doesn't understand why she needs to lie and feeling afraid about Jaebum being jealous when he's the one who literally cheated on her.
"That's fine. I just called to say good night."
"Ok. Thanks"

***


It's sunday morning when Yeri is still feeling sad after a long hours of crying. She's just trying so hard to find what part of her is wrong and not enough for Jaebum so he decide to cheated on her. She loves him, he loves her too, they're happy.

"I don't usually asked you out, but since Chaeyeon is busy, i'll choose you to be my date tonight." Junghyun is standing in front of her door while pointing his finger to her.

"Your girlfriend has so many reasons to refuse your offer for a date, gotta be careful, she's probably out there in the middle of date with someone else." She said it to brother, but why does it feels like a cheap irony.
Jaebum is the one who cheated on her, as if she has a right to tease others about that.

"Come on. I have this one movie i really need to watch, and it'd be awkward to watch it alone. I'll pay"

"Can we take Soohyun also?"

"No, it's not a movie for kid."

Well..her youngest sister is still 9 years old. There's a huge between Yeri, Junghyun, and Soohyun. Both of them ended up super protective to her and adoring her like they're also her parents.

"7 PM tonight." 

"Ok"


 

Yeri is excited, because Jaebum doesn't like a date while watching movies, he told her, he hates noisy place. So Yeri need to compromise with it again even when she likes going to the movies for a date.

"Your boyfriend never came to our house anymore. where is he?" Junghyun never like him, so Yeri is quite taken aback when he asked about him.

"You mean right now? I don't know where he is."

Junghyun is actually aware that Yeri has been feeling down for the past few days, that's why he asked her out to makes her feels better, and also he's suspecting it has something to do with Jaebum so he asked about him too. And judging from her answer, looks like his theory is right.

"I bet you already know, but i don't like that guy."

"Of course, i knew it already."

"Mom and dad doesn't really care about him either."

"They never cared about every guy around me, including Jaebum."

It's true, her parents never judge her choice of a man, and they don't actually care about them either. They just need to meet them once, to feel at ease, and they'll just let Yeri to date as much as she wants, without intervene on anything. They're a really cool parents and really trust her.

"I was just letting you know."

"And your point?"

"You deserved better."

Yeri never know the reason why Junghyun dislike Jaebum so much, and she doesn't want to know about it either because it's her life not his, he has no say for that kind of judgment.

***


Movies are great, Yeri loves it very much. She doesn't remember when was the last time she enjoy watching movies this much.
She's actually feels better after watching the movie, not until she saw Jaebum is sitting at the same studio together with Seoyeon, giggling, looking happy, he told her he hates a movie date.

"It was fun, right?"

Yeri is already speechless with what she saw, angry, dissapointed, sad, and heartbroken, like how could she thinks that her love life is perfect for the past 2 years.

"I told you, you deserve better." Junghyun looks aware about what happened, and now he gives a pat on her shoulder, acting cocky.

"I already know about this."

"Well..yeah,  You looks like a broken robot for the past few days, want me to go there and confronting him?"

Yeri shakes her head, because she doesn't want any mess in public place.

"Let's just go, i have my own way to deal with him."

***

"To be honest, she's prettier than you." Junghyun is seriously a brat, is that really necessary to talk about it in front of her.

"I think i'm better than her."

"Prettier doesn't makes her better than you. How i wish that you're not so naive and kind, and you're the one who cheat behind Jaebum's back. I'll be proud of it, seriously."

Yeri is staring at him, annoyed but also amazed with the way he's thinking.

"Two timing is never a good deed. I don't wanna do that."

"I agree, and you don't do that, i'm also proud because my sister is morally better than me, i just wish Jaebum is the one who gets hurt instead of you." He's talking while eyes still focusing to the road.

"Wait, i have a plan. Stop the car."



Yeri is already dropped by Junghyun at a random coffee shop, she has a plan, yes. But it's not actually an excellent plan, it's just something she wants to do because Jaebum is a bastard and she's angry right now.

"May i speak to Jeon Jungkook-ssi?"
It's crazy, but Yeri is actually doing this.

"So you called."
Right, Jungkook already has her contact.

"Can i see you right now?"
There's a hesistation coming from Jungkook's side and Yeri can sense it right away.

"I just saw Jaebum with Seoyeon..."

"Where?"
Seems like Jungkook is still not finished dealing with his own problem, because he still sounds angry when Yeri told him about that.

"I mean..not right now, i saw them few hours ago. I just want to talk."

"Just stay where you are, and send me your location."

"Thank you." The gratefullnes come out from nowhere, she said it like a habit, Jungkook doesn't actually do anything for her yet, but at least she feels thankful that she's not alone on this.

***


"Did you really saw them together?" That question was asked to Yeri as soon as she get in to Jungkook's car. Just like her, he seems still searching for a denial about what happened, but it's useless because It's happening for real.

"I did. I won't even call you if i didn't. I was just so angry right now, and i called you because of that."

Jungkook is now staring at her, and she doesn't like the way he stare. He saw her as a weak and dumb girl, and she hates it.

"I want a revenge."

And now Jungkook is laughing at her,really loud. It's seriously offending, becasue unlike him, Yeri is serious about this.

"You're so childish, I already made up my mind to end this bull with a single punch for Yoon Jaebum, and i'll get over it. Revenge? you're funny."
Yeri eyes got bigger when he can casually talk about hitting Jaebum and laugh about it. He's crazy, a jerk and viollent, it's obvious why Seoyeon left  him for Jaebum.

"Are you a thug? hitting someone is a crime."
Jungkook stopped talking when he heard that, he's embarassed or probably annoyed by her words because he's no longer laughing right now, and just focusing his eyes to an empty road in front of him.

"The point is..i don't care about Jaebum and Seoyeon anymore. I won't play with you."
With the way he talks Yeri is realized that Jungkook don't take her seriously.

"I'm not playing any game. Jaebum is my boyfriend for 2 years, i worked hard for our relationship, and if it's going to end..i want it on my call."

"Then called it off. Tell him, you know everything. I don't want to involve in a child game like this, and why should i care about your relationship tearing apart? It's just part of your life, you'll find someone else."

Jungkook is also being cheated on, but why do Yeri think that he's not feeling any pain from it. It's so not fair.

"You told me i'm a stupid one for putting up with Jaebum for this long."
Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, when he saw Yeri tart to have teary eyes. She's a kid.

"It's a rumor, you told me it's not true, don't bother."

"If i choose to called you like this, that means at some point i also think that the rumor is true."

"Well..it's your own choice if you think that you're stupid, but i have no will to learn about that part of you."

Yeri thinks talking to him and doing this is totally useless, Jungkook is just so different with her. He's someone who has no sense of pain or emphaty.

"Where do you live? I'll drop you off."

"You don't need to know, just drop me off somewhere where i could catch a cab."

"It's really late at night, i'll just drop you home.'

Yeri is now back to staring at him, he's so weird..why would he needs to care about her, when he acts indifferent about his crumbling relationship. Is he a good person or not? 

"I don't understand, don't you think that it's not fair? for Jaebum and Seoyeon, cheating behind our back. Don't you feel sad knowing someone you loves is basically lying to you, and leaving you?"

"I'm already getting used with that."

"So people cheated on you often?"

"No. they're leaving me behind often." 

There's something about his eyes when he talks about this. Yeri just met him twice, but she knows that Jungkook is not a simple person. He looks so complicated and difficult to be around.

"It's not even my worst experience..but i understand if this is hard for you."

"Then why won't you help me?"

"Things like revenge don't suit you."

"Why? is it because i'm a girl? because i look weak?" Jungkookk let out a little smile while stopping his car, he take a glance to Yeri.

"Revenge will only work for someone who's smart."

Yeri just can't say anything to him anymore, She's so speechless with how Jungkook treat her.

"Get off. Cabs.. "

Yeri is following his glance to their surrounding, he stopped in a front of crowded shopping mall, and yeah cabs is everywhere.

"It's totally makes sense why people keep leaving you behind.."

Yeri is getting off from his car in quick movement, totally annoyed and dissapointed. She thought, at least Jungkook can relate to her feelings, she's not expecting supports from him, but he doesn't need to insults her like this.

***


For Yeri, It's hard to even step outside from her room, let alone going to campus where Jaebum,Seoyeon, and Jungkook is there.

Well, a chance to see Jungkook around is probably small, since Yeri doesn't even know he's also a student before all of this. But still..Jaebum and Seoyeon is unavoidable.

Just like right now, Yeri usually packed some breakfast both for her and Jaebum, sometimes they eat together, but most of times Jaebum's friends is joining them. She doesn't remember since when Seoyeon becoming a part of Jaebum's group of friends, but now she's here. 

Yeri knows exactly that's what she's doing right now is absurd, pretending to knows nothing, acting like she's fine with the situation, faking a smile and a laugh in front of everyone, but she actually did this to protect herself. If what Jungkook said is true, about people seeing her as a dumb girl, then they don't need to know about Yeri being cheated on by Jaebum, because if they did, everyone will just feel sorry for her, calling her pitiful. She'll just turn into a weak girl from a dumb girl this way.

Yeri is already stopped caring about a conversation between Jaebum and his friends, her mood is even more ruined when she find Jungkook is on his way to her table. Being here, surrounded by three people she hates the most is definitely a nightmare, so Yeri choose to get up from her sit.

"My class is going to start." Yeri give a quick kiss on Jaebum lips before she left, and she regretted it right away. It's a habit.

"Right, i'll pick you up tonight."

Tonight, Jaebum and some of his friends is celebrating something and they will have a small party at his house. Yeri doesn't usually likes party, but since she's spending time with Jaebum who's basically the popular guy on college, she's kinda getting used with that.

"No. I'll just go there by my self."

Yeri catchs glimpse of Jungkook, whose eyes are locking at her, he stare at her deeply, and it's honestly scary. He's like a terminator, huge build, messed up emotions, and weird, so she choose to run from the cafetaria as fast as she could. She doesn't want to see him.
 
About Jungkook, turns out that he is her senior, same year with Jaebum and Seoyeon, some of her friends told her that he's studying architecture, he's quite popular, but because he doesn't spend many times to socialize like Jaebum, people don't really pay attention to him. So does Yeri, she know nothing about him.

"Stupidipity is supposed to have a limit." Yeri is still far from her class, when she heard Jungkook's voice behind her. Thankfully there's noone at this corridor.

"I don't know what're you talking about."

"Really?"
Yeri already stopped from her walk and now Jungkook is already in front of her.

"I know you. You're the type of person who doesn't want her imagination of a perfect life ruined."

"What are you talking about?"

"You..you're someone who doesn't want to believe that unicorn and santa clause is not real for the sake of protecting your stupid fantasy."

Yeri seriously can't wrapped her minds about this. She doesn't know Jungkook, he's a stranger but why they already get on each other nerves for so many times. As for the context of his words, Yeri can not say , it's totally wrong, she does scared for facing the reality that her relationship is a mess, but it's not an entire reason to why she act like this.

"Why would you care about what i'm doing? you told me it's easy, you told me you're already getting used with these kind of thing, then take care of your own problem."
Yeri pushed Jungkook away, she try really hard to stay calm and brave in front of him.

"i was going to do that..but then i remember how you were crying when we first met, and how you told me that you treasure your relationship..i feel sorry to you, and.."

"Don't"
Yeri is now slowly put her hands in Jungkook's chest and tapping it lightly.

"I don't need that. You should feel sorry to yourself.."
Jungkook looks taken aback with her touch and now he takes a few step away from her.

"I heard Jung Seoyeon is your girlfriend for a year? What kind of heartless human being who doesn't feel a slight pain for being bertrayed like this? I probably stupid but at least, i know how to feels."
What she said is bothering him, for sure. He looks defeated.

"Great. Then you don't need my consideration at all, right? I'll end this by my self." 

Jungkook turn his body from her, Yeri knows he's going back to Jaebum and Seoyeon, she doesn't know how to act, should she care about what he is going to do or should she just ignores him till the end?

So she's ended up standing on her place doing nothing, until she remembers about what he said to her last night.
"I'll end this with a single punch for Yoon Jaebum"

Yeri doesn't want Jaebum to get hurt, not physcally, not by Jungkook, so she decide to chasing him, who's no longer on her sight.

Jaebum and Seoyeon is no longer at the cafetaria, their friends are still here, but both of them are gone. Yeri just really want to cry right now, what if Jungkook went crazy and hurt Jaebum badly.

"Do you know where Jaebum  is?" Yeri decide to find information through Jaebum's friends.

"That way." They're pointing their hand to the library in front of this building.

"Weird, someone was looking for him too, few minutes ago."
Yeri knows it's Jungkook. The crazy guy. So she's running even faster to looking for Jaebum while hoping something bad won't happen to him.

She find Jungkook, just in the corner of an empty library, he's focusing his eyes to something, Yeri walk closer to him and now she also see what he watch.
It's not her first time, but it still hurts like hell. Jaebum and Seoyeon making out again, all those kisses, hugs, laughs, smiles, it was hers before.  Yeri is so ready to shed tears when Jungkook's big hand is covering her eyes and drag her out from the library.

"A revenge. Let's do it."

 


I'm going full drama with this one, because i love it.

 

enjoy!

Posting this to commerate BTS and Red velvet's august comeback .