Chapter 5

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungwoo managed to get himself together while his senior was explaining important things over the phone. Just like him, Doyoung was meticulous when it comes to work related stuff. He likes to go over every single detail there is to know. The younger rubbed his temples while the other finally decided to wrap up everything after talking nonstop for a little over 3 minutes. They ended the call and Jungwoo closed his eyes as he tried to regain his presence of mind after what happened inside the café. He focused hard to process the flow of information that he just went through. He sighed as he came into conclusion that he’s probably staying up late tonight.

 

He was right.

 

People had left the tower hours ago and he would have too if he wasn’t hard-pressed on going over files about their previous projects and possible plans. It was nowhere near easy considering how huge their company was and how it’s been restless for a few years now. They have been staying on top of the industry with their continuous successful ventures. This provides all the more reason for him to work hard and not let the new one flop.

 

He looked at the draft proposal given to him earlier. It was stated that this would take place in the latest building that their CEO bought. He stared at the statement on the piece of paper. He was one of the few people that knew better. Rather than bought, the building was won over. His eyes landed on the name of the previous owner.

 

IV Corporations

 

He clutched the paper on his hand as he felt the sick feeling in his gut. It was not as huge as their company but it was something. It rose fast in the industry but died down even faster after the incident. He thought he wouldn’t have anything to do with the name or the place or even anything once related to that company after passing the last needed documents to their CEO a few days ago. But out of all the things they had to assign Lucas with was this one. His first job with him had to be this one.

 

All what he was doing now was a sign that it was over. He succeeded but it feels like he hadn’t won at all. He knows this because in hopes of fixing everything, he had lost the only person that mattered to him.

 

 

 

Lucas didn’t know how he would face his assistant. He didn’t know how he’s supposed to act around him after his dumb lonely almost kissed the other yesterday. He’s been worrying about this since his brother barged in his room to wake him up. He didn’t want to leave his bed but he was literally dragged off of it. He hoped that his brother’s car would break down along the highway but the chances of that happening is zero, maybe even a negative. He had no choice but to go and walk inside the tower with heavy steps. He tried to look calm and collected to those employees that greeted him along the way. A middle-aged woman even complimented his looks, saying he looks so cool and wished she were younger. I’m gay, Susan. He wished he said that but he just smiled awkwardly and thanked her anyway. He was already feeling uncomfortable and that incident just made it worse.

 

Nothing happened.

 

Well, that was just between them. He was immediately ushered to the conference room even before he opened the door to his office. His eyes instantly fell on Jungwoo that was already sitting at his usual place inside. He approached the seat next to him cautiously but the other just handed him a thick set of papers and explained what it was when he sat down. He was speaking casually about the business related stuff that he was saying. He felt the need to focus and be serious as he started to process the information that he’s being told. He had no time to think about other things because they began to talk about their upcoming project and nothing else from that point.

 

 

That meeting was probably the most exhausting experience for his brain. He’s not even sure if he still has one. He feels so drained. He can’t function anymore. He can’t think of anything else to do but stare absentmindedly at whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter