Chapter 10

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucas furrowed his brows as he finished tying his 5th tie. He examined his reflection in the mirror and it’s still not right. He loosened the tie and threw it on his bed among with the other same piece of clothing he tried on earlier. He grabbed his hair with his hands as he looked down at his drawer, still looking for something that will be the perfect cherry on top of his formal attire. He groaned out of frustration as he can’t make up his mind. He’s nervous and he knows it. Thinking about it, the problem probably lies with him and not with the innocent ties that he’s been mentally cursing at.

 

His attention was caught by the sound of his phone. He went to check out what it was and saw the message his dad sent him.

 

Hey son, my friends and I are on our way now. I’m looking forward to what you have been working on. Do your best and make this old man proud ;)

 

His father was never the best at encouraging words. His whole message just ended up making him even more anxious than before with the expectations that the old man blatantly stated. He scrolled and noticed few other messages for him.

 

Come to the venue an hour earlier. Don’t piss yourself.

 

His older brother didn’t even try to motivate him. What was he expecting with his uptight brother anyway.

 

Hyunggggg, I heard about what’s happening today and I hope you’re not too nervous. I believe in you and I wish you all the luck!!! Fighting Haeyadwae!!!

 

In conclusion, his younger brother is the only one he trusts in this household. What an angel.

 

Btw, can you not mess it up please. I kinda had a bet with Mark that you’ll do well. I really want to win because he has this really cool game that Dad won’t buy for me. You’ll do well right? Hehe thanks hyung. Love you, you’re the best <3

 

Scratch that. The youngest is no help too. What a traitor.

 

 

 

Camera flashes went off simultaneously at the ceremony. It’s the long awaited day for their team. After all the phone calls made, caffeine digested and tons of papers faced, the day where they finally see the result of their efforts is finally here. Jungwoo watched with pride as the younger cut the ribbon in front of the building’s entrance. Cheers were heard and a wave of people approached Lucas for a handshake. He stood thrilled at the sight before retreating inside to prepare for the next segment.

 

He peeked from the backstage, there were a lot of notable people in attendance today in which the most prominent ones are sitting in front with their CEO at the center. The hall was filled with excitement waiting for a certain someone’s appearance and presentation. He turned to face that certain someone.

 

“Are you ready?” The younger’s eyes were roaming around before it found its way towards his.

 

“Uhh…” He gently smiled at the tense figure before him. He looked really composed earlier like he was some kind of business tycoon like his father but now he’s just a lost young at heart man in a suit.

 

“Your tie” Jungwoo moved closer to fix the piece of clothing. He could feel the younger’s uneasy breathing against his face.

 

“Is it bad?” He stepped back and looked up at the other that had the most worried expression spread on his face. Something tells him that the younger probably fussed over minor things like his tie prior this event. He bit his lip at the thought of a distressed tall man towering over his drawers. How adorable.

 

He shook his head and flashed the most assuring smile he could muster.

 

“It’s perfect.”

 

 

It was just like yesterday when he was sitting beside the newly appointed manager in the conference room. The said young man was tapping nervously at his thighs while he mumbled names as he looked around. He was worried about him when he had to prove himself for the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter