Chapter 14

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Death is better than his horrible hangover. Lucas had been groaning and cursing in pain while clutching his head and rolling on his bed back and forth. He’s been like that for an hour now since he woke up. He was supposed to take the medicine from his bedside table but he accidentally dropped it and the bottle rolled under his bed. He tried to reach for it but every attempt was accompanied with his head intensely throbbing so he was still debating if it’s actually worth it. He could bother his friend instead to come help him but his phone was not cooperating with a dead battery.

 

He could lay in his bed all day and endure the pain in his head but not the pain in his stomach. He’s willing to lean on the walls as he made his way to his fridge. It was a tough journey but he made it. He ended up opening every cabinet there was in search for something that could actually help his situation now but there was nothing. He had no choice but to reheat the leftover pizza that Mark brought before. He shut his eyes in pain as he wait for the time to run out. In the middle of his agony, he heard the signal from the microwave. Wait, no. He opened his eyes and saw the pizza still being heated inside. He heard the same sound again and realized that it was his doorbell.

 

He clutched his stomach as he reached for the knob. He really doesn’t feel good. He was the person he least expected to see. His eyes met with a pair of doe eyes looking back at him. He blinked a few times before scanning the boy in front of him. He was wearing a plain white shirt that was tucked in his denim pants, showcasing his long legs. It was simple with black sneakers but damn he looked good. Looking at him is making him feel something.

 

“Lucas?”

 

“Oh yeah what’s up?”

 

“Uh, I brought some things” His eyes followed Jungwoo’s that fell on the plastic bag on the other’s hand. He winced at the sudden feeling in his stomach. Oh no. He made a sound and put a hand over his mouth. His insides felt like it was turning upside down.

 

“Lucas?”

 

 

 

Jungwoo didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t know why he spent almost an hour searching for ways to cure a hangover. He didn’t know why he rushed to the convenience store to get everything he could possibly need. He didn’t know why he went home just to wear a better outfit before going to Lucas’ apartment. He didn’t even know why he was going there.

 

 

He found himself cleaning up vomit on the floor before he even sets foot inside. He had to walk a 6 feet man after that with his long arm over his shoulder to lay on a messy bed that he had to fix before tucking in the other. There was no time to rest as he made his way to the kitchen with the things he bought. He made sure to strictly follow the recipes he had looked up earlier. Everything had to be perfect. He was so focused like it was an important task assigned to him when all that he has been doing wasn’t even part of his job description anymore. Bringing a tray with home cooked soup and freshly brewed tea with some medicine on the sides doesn’t sound like his office job. It’s not even a working day. No one asked him to do all of this in the first place. It was all upon himself and he doesn’t know why.

 

His thoughts immediately stopped when he heard a mix of groans and whines as he opened the Chinese boy’s room. His effort to fix the bed earlier was in vain as the pillows were once again everywhere. The man that he had carefully tucked in was now in some kind of blanket roll with only his messed up chestnut hair sticking out on the top. What is this seriously?

 

“Are you okay?” He cautiously asked as he put down the tray on the bedside table. The younger gently rolled to his direction with half of his face in view. His bangs is messily laying on his forehead and the rest of his hair was pointing in different directions. He wanted to laugh at the ridiculous sight but the pitiful look in the other’s big puppy eyes peeking out looked too sad. He’s starting to feel kinda bad and worried. “I prepared some soup and tea for you. There’s also some medicines that you can take after you’ve eaten. Can you sit up?”

 

He heard the younger move in his bed as he grabbed the bowl of soup and a spoon. He warned the other that it’s hot before he handed it. He awkwardly stood at the side of the bed as the sound of the younger blowing on the spoon and slurping the liquid filled the room. Neither of them was speaking and an aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter