Chapter 15

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucas got out and closed the door of his car before lowering himself to see how he looked on his side mirror. In fairness to him, he looks incredibly good amidst the little time that he spent to get ready this morning. It’s the first time he didn’t look like he’s got a business to run. Right now, it’s like he’s looking at his young college self that hangs out with his friends almost every Friday night. Those were really the days. Sure it wasn’t even a year since he graduated but it felt like ages with how different his life is now. The change was drastic and overwhelming, but now he’s on his way to bring back something from that past. It was lost but now he’s eager to get it back. He’s going to meet his past, present and the only future he’d like in his life. 

 

He took a deep breath in front of the same door that he abruptly went to not too long ago. He’s here again without notice, at least unlike before, the sun’s out and it’s not an ungodly hour to see someone and show up on their front door unannounced.  He just couldn’t help himself. Earlier he woke up alone in his apartment wondering about everything that had happened the day before. He freaked out thinking that it was all just a dream and he’s still that lonely pathetic guy that drank his feelings out to forget everything. He was about to drown himself in sadness but a little neatly written note on his bedside table held him back. It’s a reminder of what time he should take his medicine and other things like how there’s food he can reheat on his fridge. It’s so detailed and formal. Everything about it seemed like something you’d see in a legal document except for the last lines that said “I went home to change and sleep so don’t cry while I’m gone you big baby.”. He smiled so wide even when he was taking a quick shower and was putting on a little celebratory concert with his favourite songs. He choked on some water while singing but that didn’t stop him. 

 

 

He waited for a while before he heard the door creak open. He stood there at a loss for words when he saw the unsuspecting figure holding the door open. The smaller boy’s fluffy bed hair was barely fixed and he was in his soft baby blue pyjamas that he personally liked to see the older wear before. He is convinced that when God made this man before him, he poured all the softness and cuteness on him on purpose. That’s the only explanation. Ugh, he is so adorable. 

 

“Hi” He managed to awkwardly breathe out after obviously staring for a while. He watched the surprise in the Korean boy’s eyes disappear as he snapped out of it and attempted to shut the door again. He was confused for a split second before holding the door open in contrast to what the other was trying to do. “What?? Why?” 

 

“What are you doing here? Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? I look awful!” He now managed to let himself in while the older had both of his hands covering his face. 

 

“What awful??? Hyung you look amazing!! I see you still have that blue pyjamas. You always look so cute in that.” 

 

“Ahh, don’t say that.” The older whined as he saw his ears turn red. 

 

“But you really are hyung. You’re so adorable that I want to pinch your cheeks and hug you tight.” He grinned widely when he heard the older let out the cutest whining sound as he covered his ears with his head hung low.

 

“Stop it Yukhei.” 

 

“Aww hyung you’re so cute. Lemme hug you, come here” The flustered boy freaked out when he stepped closer so he turned his back and escaped to the living room while telling him to stop it. Of course the younger came after him but made sure there was a safe distance just in case. 

 

“Ahh seriously Wong Yukhei.” He only laughed at the mention of his whole name. 

 

“Alright I’ll stop, but only if you agree on one thing.” 

 

“What?”

 

“Go out with me.”

 

 

 

Jungwoo picked up his utensil and started digging in on his food. Lucas drove them to a nearby restaurant for breakfast since both of them haven’t had their fill yet. They both eat a lot but the younger was in a whole other level that the other people inside were looking weirdly at how much food there are on their table right now. There are only the two of them but the servings are like for a huge family. 

 

He watched the Chinese boy put a spoonful of food one after the other inside his mouth. Both of his cheeks are bulging as he chew effortlessly amidst th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter