Chaper 12: A Year Ago (2)

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungwoo got himself into something bigger than he thought

 

 

“Sir Taeyong’s assistant called in this morning to give an update about Chicago.” His senior stood in front of the directors and the CEO himself in the conference room. A powerpoint flashed before them with new data he had yet to understand.

 

The atmosphere was intense. He had some serious school meetings and presentations before but nothing comes close to this one. This is a whole new level of consequential for him. In his 2 years of working part time, this is the first time he had encountered this side of the company. He felt like a lost sheep that didn’t belong there.

 

“So,” Everyone turned their attention to one of the directors in this room. “Are our speculations about IV Company true?”

 

Almost everyone shifted in their seats, anticipating his senior’s answer. He barely knew anything but he felt uneasy at that moment. The air felt heavy and suffocating. It’s the most uncomfortable he has been.

 

“Unfortunately, according to our sources there, it’s confirmed.” He didn’t have time to react when alarmed reactions erupted from many individuals at the same time. So many people were talking simultaneously at one another too fast for him to comprehend anything. There was a mix of shock, worry and disbelief in their faces.

 

“Is it really?” One inquired

 

“IV Company is more often referred to as IVC. If we were to turn these letters into Arabic numeral numbers, it would translate to 94, the signature insignia of the syndicate. This just further proves how IVC was the syndicate’s doing all along. Their connections are most likely the reason for its fast growth that had threatened countless corporations standing today, even some of ours.”

 

The troubled chatters inside the room became even more deafening. The silence earlier was replaced by restless talks and comments coming from all direction. He hung his head low unconsciously because he had never liked these kinds of situation. This is all too much for him.

 

“Please settle down everyone.” Their CEO spoke up, garnering the attention of everyone. Their eyes followed the said man as he stood up from his chair. “It’s an unsettling news and I understand your panic but I need everyone to listen.” He scanned the room and nodded his head towards Doyoung. The latter immediately grabbed something from his bag, revealing the same folder he gave not long ago.

 

“The folder that you all are seeing right now contains the vital documents that will help us get through this crisis. Along with that,” He flinched when his eyes met with the man. “We have Mr. Kim Jungwoo”

 

 

 

He provided the company the trump card they needed to overthrow the IVC. He worked earnestly in secret along with the few chosen people. It was neither easy nor safe. He was scared the whole time because his life could be in danger and he would have no idea. He had involved himself into the dark and cruel side of the industry. He couldn’t back down anymore even when his father found out and wanted him to stop.

 

 

He had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter