Chapter 3

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungwoo came in earlier than usual. His manager will be formally introduced today to the board of directors. He has been preparing the young man for the past few days prior today. Aside from helping him familiarize the faces he would meet with background information, he also made a recap and update of what has been happening in the company. All of those were written carefully on the pile of documents he handed him the other day. He even added visual aids and key notes that he thought of based from his own experiences. To say that he took the task given to him seriously would be an understatement. This is why he is the man for the job and his CEO was right.

 

He checked the same set of files he had given before that is now settled in the younger’s desk. The number seems right. He flipped the papers to see if he could still add some things for the other to know later. His interest was piqued when he noticed random writings that stood out in the organized documents. He saw comments under the directors’ profiles.

 

‘lol what he angry for?’ with an arrow pointed to the picture

 

‘he lookin good for his age. His wife must be lucky’ The older nods in agreement

 

‘hE’S TALLER THAN ME?? Who is he Bigfoot?’ The number that’s only 1 cm more than his was even encircled

 

‘Mark’s homie’ near the director that used to live in Canada

 

‘is this Bruce Lee?’

 

Jungwoo shouldn’t be laughing right now because he has great respect for the man Lucas was pertaining to but it’s just so true and he can’t believe he only realized the resemblance now. He closed the folder and arranged it the way it was a while ago.

 

He didn’t really expect those kinds of things from the serious expression that the younger always had when he had his eyes glued to it. His brows were usually furrowed, looking up occasionally with eyes shut to mouth names as if reciting them. He would lean back on his chair, holding the folder close to his face. He always looked absorbed in what he was doing that he never noticed the stares that he was giving him. It became the only time that he allowed himself be entranced with the younger’s face since the first time they saw each other again.

 

 

They now sat next to each other in the conference room as the faces that he’s been teaching the younger started entering. People started finding their places and settling down. Director Johnny Seo sat across them along with some others and he noticed Lucas looked up as if trying to remember something.

 

“What was Bigfoot’s name again?” He heard the younger whisper to himself.

 

“Mr. Johnny Seo, in charge of the American branch in Chicago.” He whispered back.

 

“Oh right.” It took a while which made Jungwoo almost chuckle when the realization hits the other. He snapped his head in his secretary’s direction with his eyes widened in shock. He was about to ask how the other knew whom he was talking about but his father already spoke before he could, starting the meeting.

 

A question was raised in the middle of the discussion regarding the future plans of the company. All the attention was directed to the man next to him. He was asked of his opinion as the possible bearer of the responsibility his father possessed as of the moment. Being in this industry for quite a while now, Jungwoo knew that the elders were testing him. He did include things in the files that would help him in this situation right now and he had given some pieces of advice in the previous days when they spoke to one another. He totally expec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter