Chapter 4

Equity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sweet smell reached Lucas’ nose as he opened his eyes. His brain registered the surroundings of his room with the unusual pleasant aroma that is appealing to his empty stomach. His hunger seems to worsen as he washed his face in the bathroom. He followed the tempting aroma and ended up in his kitchen with mouth-watering food laid out on the counter. He could feel his tongue wanting to savor everything his eyes could see right now.

 

“I made the effort to cook for you and now you’re not even gonna greet me?” He focused his attention to the owner of the voice. He spotted his older brother wearing an apron with his both hands on his waist.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be working somewhere?” He flinched when he saw his older brother furrow his brows at his questions. It’s been a while since he saw that scowl his brother is showing right now. However, it would’ve been better if he didn’t see it at all, he knows better than to piss the other off.

 

“We haven’t seen each other for a long time and that’s seriously the first thing you say to me? You’re unbelievable.” Lucas instinctively backed down when the older stepped forward. “I just came back this early morning because I settled things faster than I thought I would overseas. I was told when I arrived that my apartment is still under renovation and wouldn’t be ready for a few days so I’m crashing here.”

 

“What? Why?” He immediately covered his mouth after he said that. Sometimes he really wished that he would just shut up. His brother looked up to him and glared at him with even more intensity. Yep, he’s dead.

 

 

Compared to his situation earlier, he now sat comfortably in the back seat of his older brother’s car. It always amazes him how it looks brand new when it’s not. There’s not a single scratch or even the smallest spec of dust. It wouldn’t be surprising if he learned that this car is being maintained every week. That sounds so much like his brother. His cleaning obsession is actually one of the reasons why he decided to move out of their house in the first place. He couldn’t remember a day where his brother wouldn’t nag him about something. Just thinking about the few days that he’ll be living with him again was more than enough to send chills down his spine.

 

“We’re here.” He got out of the car expecting to see the usual tower he worked at but he instead saw an unknown smaller building.

 

“Taeyong hyung, where are we?” He caught up with his brother that’s already opening the door to enter the place.

 

“It’s a building that Dad just bought yesterday.” They both looked around but it’s nearly empty.

 

“How come it’s already cleared up this fast? Is this new?” He saw his brother grimace at the sight of unused furniture covered in dust.

 

“It used to belong to a company but it’s been shut down for a while now. They have allegedly committed various offenses, though they put up quite a fight to defend themselves, it was useless. This place is ours now so Dad asked me to inspect it and meet some of our people to manage this place. You’re one of those people by the way.”

 

 

 

Jungwoo would be lying if he said that he didn’t find the current situation amusing. Lucas had his head down while his smaller older brother was pointing a finger at him with his other hand at his waist. His brother is nagging at him like some kind of mother. It all started with the spot of dust that he found at the younger’s coffee table as he set foot inside the office, saying that it was an unpleasant sight no matter how small it was. It didn’t help that there were papers scattered at his desk as if he was looking for something yesterday and just left it like that. The eldest lost it when he pulled one of the drawers and saw h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter