It's Probably Not An Alien Command Base..

Our Trainee's a SuperSpy?!

:::SHINee - One For Me:::

Relocation? You didn't like the idea one bit, but this was an inescapable order. And the spy code specifically stated that you were to follow all commands made by the head director. Seeing no way out for once, you looked down, giving in.

"Excuse me?" SungHyun spluttered. Immediately, you held onto his arm. "The spy code," you reminded him in a whisper.

HyunJoong didn't meet your eyes. "It's for her own safety," he explained to your partner. "Isn't that the most important thing?"

SungHyun didn't answer. He didn't want you to go away, but there was no choice and he knew it.
"Where's she going?" he asked quietly.

"The best choice would have to be the music industry." HyunJoong picked up a few papers from his desk. "But right now, no one really wants a spy that's being tracked down by the underground mafia," he scratched the back of his head thoughtfully. "I was thinking of going with the second best choice-"

"No," SungHyun denied firmly. "We're going with the first option or she's not going at all."

"It's not your choice, Agent," HyunJoong told him softly. He knew how much you meant to him. You were SungHyun's partner. His best friend. But the final decision would still be up to the boss. And that was him.

"It's either option 1 or she stays with me," Sunghyun repeated, before leaving the administrative center, taking you with him.


Once out of the office, you looked up at his face. "You know I'll have to go even though the best option may not be available, right?"

He didn't reply.

 

 

Even though there was no positive response yet from any of the companies, you packed your belongings. The Triple S may not have any place to send you for now, but it was only a matter of time.

You kept your laptop open on your bed, waiting for it to sound, signalling that they've found a location for you to go.

"Knock, knock."

You shifted your attention to the door and found SungHyun standing there casually. "Why pack?" he asked. "You're not going anywhere for a while."

"We work for the best spy agency in Asia," you pointed out. "I'd be lucky if I had a few hours left to check my luggage."

Ignoring your practicality, he entered your room and scooped up your laptop. He scrolled through the e-mails of rejection that you've received from SM Entertainment, YG, JYP, Cube, WM, Loen, DSP, NH Media and the list seemed to go on forever.

No company would simply accept you.

SungHyun grinned at the sight of all the negative responses. "Yes!" he exclaimed under his breath. You turned to him wearily. "It's only a matter of time."

"You've got mail," the computer-programmed voice informed you, as if to emphasize your point.
"See what I mean?" you peered at the laptop.

SungHyun instantly snatched it away. "No!" he refused to grant you access to your own gadget.

"Woo SungHyun!" you complained, reaching for it. "Is it a message of approval or not?" you wanted to know. He scowled at you. "It can't be! No company in their right mind would take you in!" he insisted.

A beep rang out again. "Agent 0001, your relocation has been made final. Be ready to leave upon command," the computer-generated voice announced through the speakers.

"Seriously?!" SungHyun cried out frustratedly. You took the chance to grab the laptop from him and you opened the last e-mail. "What's a Starship?" you mumbled. "Isn't that like an alien command base or something?"

SungHyun rolled his eyes and closed your laptop. "Forget about it. Stay here. At Triple S."

Your eyes bore into his. His tone had a serious note to it that you couldn't ignore. "I'm sorry," you apologized. There was nothing you could do.

He looked at you for a moment and took a deep breath. "Stay here with me. I-"

"Ready, Agent?" HyunJoong appeared at your door, unaware of the conversation that he had interrupted.

You nodded. He held out a thick stack of filed papers in his hands.

"Your job is to train as an idol. Hide yourself well. No more risks are to be taken regardless of any situation that may arise. Remain safe at all times," he told you carefully. "This is your mission, should you be willing to pursue it."

"I vow for undoubtable success," you promised, accepting the papers from him with a bow.

HyunJoong bowed lightly in return. "Please proceed to the underground parking lot. A van is waiting for you at sector B-26."

You turned to give SungHyun a soft smile. "Visit me?" you requested.

He let out a sigh but smiled back. "Of course," he replied, ignoring the glance of divergence that HyunJoong was giving him.

You nodded and took hold of your bags. Right before you left, you stopped and faced your partner. "Weren't you saying something?"


SungHyun glanced at HyunJoong and shook his head. "It was nothing important."

"Well then," you slipped your backpack on. "I'm going for the kill."

He smiled, a real one this time. "Do well, Rin."