The Oldest Trick In The Book

Our Trainee's a SuperSpy?!

:::Hwang JungMi -First Kiss:::

A few minutes after JeongMin had left, KwangMin hurried into your room with a tray, wearing a baby blue apron. Carefully, he placed the tray in the middle of the floor and took his place in front of it.

"RinMi-ssi," he called brightly. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry. Let's eat!" He waved you over as he took the pot's lid off and placed it aside, revealing a huge load of ramen.

Smiling back at him, you sat on the other side of the tray, facing him. "Annyeonghaseyo, KwangMin-gun," you greeted him. Good timing, you thought happily.

The boys seemed to have an unescapable schedule worked out on who gets to have you next and you were getting worried that there was no time slot for food.

"Gun?" he echoed quietly, tilting his head in confusion. What was with all the formality?

"Yes," you nodded, not understanding his uncertainty. Everybody used that honorific in the headquarters. The only exception was when you were speaking with SungHyun.

KwangMin shrugged. "Okay.. Rin..Mi-yang?" He looked at you doubtfully. The equivalent honorific for it sounded strange when used at a time like this.

You laughed at his obvious uneasiness. "Forget it," you told him and reached out for a bowl.

"Okay," he agreed as he swiftly stole the bowl away from you. "I'll do it," he said evenly and proceeded to fill the dish up to the brim.

When he finished, he handed you the bowl without so much as a second glance. Subconsciously, you stared at him while he served himself as well. So he has good timing and good manners, you mused silently. "Thank you," you smiled warmly.

On the other hand, KwangMin didn't notice your fixed gaze. "Huh? For what?" he wondered.

In response, you looked at the ramen meaningfully, then the filled bowl in your hands, and back at him. "Thank you," you repeated.

"Oh this," he murmured in realization. "I do this often. Don't worry about it," he told you with a grin. "Eat well."

You nodded in response before immediately taking in a huge serving of noodles. Your eyes widened when your mouth began to burn.

"By the way, it's-" he looked up and noticed your alarmed expression. "It's hot!" he warned, way too late to be of any help.

With your mouth slightly open, you fanned your face hurriedly, wishing the heat would go away faster. But the noodles kept burning your mouth. You didn't want to spit it out, knowing that KwangMin worked to make it. You whimpered hopelessly.

However, KwangMin was panicking far worse than you were. "Ah, ah, ah!" he bounced around restlessly. "Eotteoke?! AHH EOTTEOKE?!"

He frantically scrambled over to your side and grabbed your face with both hands. He blew on your face in a panic, desperately trying to help.

You blinked in surprise and swallowed the ramen. He stared at you with big alarmed eyes.

Immediately, you burst out laughing and he let go of you, relieved. Okay, you decided, JeongMin's weird, but this guy's downright ridiculous.

Dying of laughter, you clutched your sides and rested your head on your crossed legs. You took a deep breath to steady yourself and faced KwangMin. "In what planet.. would that be helpful?" you wanted to know.

"Heh," he laughed nervously, not knowing the right answer to your question. "I don't know?"

"Right," you chuckled.

Embarrassed, he scooted back to his side of the tray and stared at his bowl. "Sorry," he mumbled, before eating his own serving.

"It's alright," you reassured him, smiling. This time you stirred the noodles lightly, cooling them with a gentle blow.

Suddenly, the room was filled with awkward silence as you two ate. KwangMin didn't really talk much, not like the others. He just sat there eating.

You didn't mind. The silence was something that you haven't heard much since you entered their dorm. But as you ate, you felt something weird.

Instantly, you looked up and faced KwangMin, certain of the fact that he was staring at you. He immediately turned his attention back to the noodles. You looked back at your bowl.

That's weird, you thought to yourself. After a few seconds, you felt it again. It was as if someone was burning holes through you with their eyes. You turned to KwangMin again, only to find him eating intently.

Puzzled, you faced the ramen you were holding again.

It was only a matter of time before you sensed a heavy gaze on you again. This time, instead of looking up, you checked KwangMin's figure out of the corner of your eyes.

"Aha!" you exclaimed in triumph. "You were staring at me." You raised an eyebrow. "Why were you staring at me?"

"I.. I wasn't staring," he answered, not meeting your eyes.

You laughed. "You know, that's one of the oldest tricks in the book," you informed him, able to eat properly again.

He blinked, confused again. "What
book?" he asked cluelessly. "I like books."

"I like books too," you told him with another laugh. So odd, you thought to yourself, shaking your head slightly.