Bluffing

Our Trainee's a SuperSpy?!

:::Trouble Maker - Trouble Maker:::

The spy didn't waste any time and immediately pointed his gun at you both, shooting continuously. You ran left while SungHyun spiralled right.

Your partner headed for the intruder and kicked the weapon out of his hands. In return, the rotten agent swung his leg at SungHyun's back, causing him to crash into the ground with a grunt.

As he was about to step on your partner's face, SungHyun grabbed his foot and twisted it, flipping the man on the pavement. But he was up the moment he was down. The man was an experienced fighter.

Losing his cool, SungHyun aimed a fist at the spy's face but it was enveloped in the other man's much larger hand.

Suddenly, the agent felt a cold metal object press against the back of his head. "They sent a good one this time," you murmured appreciatively. "But unfortunately for you, I'm better." You held your gun to his head, with your finger calmly resting on the trigger.

"Let go of him." You drove the weapon harder onto the back of his skull, threatening him.

He dropped SungHyun's fist and you in turn, pulled the weapon back. "Well, you win this round."

Satisfied, you crossed your arms and shifted your weight to one leg. "Now are you going to jail willingly or do I have to cuff you?" Not waiting for an answer, you reached in your pocket for a pair of metal links.

"Actually, I have a suggestion," the man replied. You looked up and realized that he had pulled another gun from his pocket. It was now pointed straight in between your eyes. Only a few centimeters away from your forehead.

Wordlessly, you raised your gun to his forehead as well. "I know you came back from imprisoning Dr. Gu," the spy replied, not moving an inch.

"So?" you retorted.

"Your gun's not loaded."

Your expression remained even. "Are you sure about that?" you interjected evenly. "Willing to bet your life on it? Because that's what's at stake here."

"I'm sure," he answered.

"If you're so sure, then why don't I pull the trigger?" you bargained. "If it's empty, you're free to pull yours. Then we'll see who's still left standing." You smiled at him, not a single trace of doubt on your features. The man sneered, "Go ahead. Shoot me."

You shrugged. "It's your skull after all." Slowly, you pressed down on the weapon for activation.
But before it was fully pulled, you tapped your foot and a gun shot echoed in the air.

Instantly, the man was on the ground, clutching his side. His face distorted in pain. You took his gun away from him. "You," he accused weakly.

You shook your head. "Actually, my partner shot you," you informed him, pointing at SungHyun, who was standing a few meters away, gun in hand. "You were right," you laughed cheerfully, waving your signature gun in the air. "I am out of bullets."

"You were bluffing?!" SungHyun shrieked, clearly appalled at your revelation.

Oops, you shifted your attention to him. "Um.. no?" you smiled guiltily. Busted.