The Last Straw

Our Trainee's a SuperSpy?!

:::IU - Hold My Hand:::

SungHyun shook his head and walked off. "Oppa!" you ran after him, forgetting all about the defeated spy on the ground. He headed indoors, with you trailing after him.

"It wasn't that bad, I knew you were going to respond to the signal," you explained, referring to the light tap of the foot that you had performed right before you pulled the trigger of your useless weapon.

"That's not the point!" he argued heatedly. How many times did he have to tell you to be cautious?

A couple of agents stared. You grinned sheepishly at them. "It's nothing," you reassured them. "But by the way, there's an intruder outside. Would you please take care of it?"

"Right away, Agent 0001." They were gone in a flash. "Oh, and he might be bleeding to death!" you yelled after them indifferently. "Possibly from a gun shot wound!"

"See?" You tried to catch his eye, but he looked away. "Problem solved! Mission complete!" you insisted. SungHyun glared at you.

A beep sounded out through the building. "Agent 0001 and Agent 2124, please report to Mr. Kim immediately," a female voice called through the speakers.

Forgetting about his brief moment of anger, SungHyun laughed. "Oh, you're so going to get it now," he said. You grimaced, realizing how much trouble you were in.

Sluggishly, you headed to the administrative center, dragging your feet on the sleek floor. SungHyun was by your side, trying his best not to look amused. He wasn't doing a very good job, you noted.

Upon reaching the big door that led to the main office, you took a step back. "You go first," you told him.
Willingly, he positioned himself by the scanner.

A subtle red beam examined his eyes, then widened to inspect his whole face. Finally, the doors opened and a computer-programmed voice greeted him, "Welcome, Agent 2124."

Hurriedly, you got your identity confirmed as well and you followed after SungHyun. You walked behind him with your fingers lightly gripping the lower back of his shirt.

Both of you stopped in front of a massive desk. The tall executive chair spun around, revealing the head of your agency. It was none other than Kim HyunJoong.

"Kim RinMi." His gaze was stiff and his position was rigid to match. "Would you care to explain this?" he asked, motioning to a monitor on his desk.

You peeked out from behind SungHyun to see the security camera footage of you and SungHyun fighting off the intruder.

"If I'm not mistaken, that's the 4th one in the past 3 days," he continued. "I told you not to go after Dr. Gu, yet you still did. Enlighten me. Why didn't you listen?"

You fidgeted nervously and clutched SungHyun's shirt tighter.

"Well, technically, the exact words you used were, 'I suggest that you don't go after Dr. Gu,' so that means that it was merely a suggestion," you mumbled, almost incoherently.

HyunJoong inhaled deeply, in an attempt to calm down. SungHyun, on the other hand, let out a chuckle. "So you find a loophole," your partner concluded.

"The way she always does," HyunJoong agreed.

"Abeonim, I'm sorry," you apologized. You stepped aside and bowed 90 degrees. "It will never happen again."

The man looked away. "It can't happen again."

"Yes, sir," you bowed again. "I won't let it," SungHyun seconded.

Honestly, he didn't like seeing you get scolded. He only hoped that enough scoldings would knock some sense into your head.

"That's not what I meant," HyunJoong clarified. "It can't happen again. Not for a long time."

"I don't understand," SungHyun interjected. He looked at you, then the head director and back at you again.

HyunJoong fixed his eyes on him, as if determined to forget your presence. "I'm sending RinMi away for relocation and that's final."