Chapter 9 - Meeting Father In Law

We Got Married (Baekhyun & OC)

Chapter 9

 

 

Winter kept going and everyday seemed colder and colder which meant that your clothing has to be warmer.

 

Outfit:

Today was the day where you and Baekhyun will be meeting your father for the first time as a couple. You and him met up in front of a traditional Korean restaurant to meet up for lunch. “Nervous?” you asked him. “Of course I am..” you patted his back twice before the both of you head in. “Can we get a table for 3 please?” the waiter gave you the private room. You and Baekhyun had to take off both your shoes before heading in. “What should I say to your father?” he asked you. “Just greet him. I’ll help oppa along the way eung?” you comforted him. You and Baekhyun ordered the food beforehand so that once your father came, he doesn’t have to wait for too long. “We’ll get some pork belly, 2 servings of stew and 3 servings of rice please.” You ordered. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was seated, back straight. “How is Mongreyong doing oppa?” you asked him, trying to spark a conversation with a nervous Baekhyun. “He’s alright.. he’s back at the dorm, probably playing with the other member’s puppies.” He replied. “Isn’t today really cold?” he asked you. “It is.. Snow might be falling sooner than I thought.” You mumbled. “You should take care of yourself more then so that you don't get sick.” You can see his shoulders relax from the tension as he converse. “ Should we celebrate Christmas together?” he asked you while the waiters come in and put down the side dishes and the bowls of rice. “Jinjja? Don’t you celebrate it with your other members?” you asked him, surprised that he offered to celebrate an important date with you. “We usually just eat dinner together, but nothing special. My family is also going out this winter to my cousin’s houses and I can’t tag along.” He explained. “Yeah, why not? Then maybe on the day we can buy decorations and food too.” You suggested while Baekhyun nodded at your reply. His eyes then diverted elsewhwere. “Your jacket..” he pulled up your jacket that has fell down your shoulders slightly. “Gomawo..” you thanked him. Suddenly, a voice was heard outside and you could see a familiar figure taking off his shoes. “Appa!” you called out. You and Baekhyun stood up as the man entered the room. Baekhyun bowed to your father in respect. Baekhyun and your father shook hands before your father told the both of you to sit down across him.

 

How was your parent’s reaction when you joined We Got Married?

H: My mother was excited since she always told me to get a boyfriend and I never got one. But my father was a bit more protective so he was reluctant to let me join.

 

C: I’m not sure if that’s a good sign..

 

But I think that once he gets to know Baekhyun oppa, he’ll be fine with it more.

 

The meat arrived for the three of you to cook. Baekhyun and you laid out the meat on the grill to cook. “Appa, you know that oppa is in a boygroup called EXO?” you asked your father. “Of course I do! Your mother watched this program and she informed me about him.” Your father nodded. “How has my daughter been treating you Baekhyun?” Baekhyun was actually busy giving out bowls of soup for your father, followed by you and him last. “She has been treating me very well sir. She cooks delicious food, and cared about me very much.” He replied politely. Your father smiled while he nodded his head. “Of course, I raised her well after all.” Your father said proudly. “Was your dream to be a singer from the beginning?” your father started eating and so the both of you followed. You were cutting the meat that was on the grill, letting both men converse. “Ne, I have always aspire to be a singer since I was young.” “Ha Eun actually took Education as her bachelor. “ your father said. “To be a teacher in the kindergarten. But I was scouted and I wanted to try something new” you explained. “I can definitely see you doing that, judging by your personality. Caring, sweet, patient, intelligent and you love kids.”Baekhyun gave you his eye smile and you blushed slightly.

 

 

“How is Ha Eun when she was young sir?” Baekhyun asked your father. Your father chew on the piece of meat Baekhyun gave him and took some water before giving his reply. “She was pretty since young. And smart too.”Your father paused and then pulled out his wallet. He then took out a picture of you when you were young.

 

 

The picture was slightly blurry but you clearly still have your milky skin and beady eyes.

 

S: Omo!! She’s so pretty and cute!

E: She still look somewhat similar.

 

BBH: When I looked at the picture, she still look the same. She’s really pretty since young.. my wife. I was awestruck for a while

 

“Can I take a picture of this?” Your father just nodded his head with a big smile. “Appa..” you whined slightly. Baekhyun returned back the picture and all of you continued eating. “Ha Eun-ah.” Baekhyun dabbed a tissue on the side of your lips when he saw the small stain of red from the sauces on the edge of your lips. “Gomawoyo oppa. Here, I’ll help you too” you did the same for Baekhyun. What the two of you didn’t realize was the smile on your father’s face that grew wider.

 

The three of you finished and went out to go your separate ways. “Please drive safely.” Baekhyun bowed slightly while you gave your father a hug. “Just call me abbeoji next time.” He smiled at Baekhyun and Baekhyun replied with a yes. You and Baekhyun watched as your father drove off first before going to your own car to go to the next destination.

 

How was your father’s reaction to your first official meet up?

H: I think he genuinely enjoyed it. I don’t think we have anything to worry for now. *laugh

 

“My father definitely likes you oppa.” You put on your seatbelt. “Your father was really nice.I hope I can meet him again in the future, alongside your mother.” He hummed, happy about the event. “I searched up online yesterday, and I was wondering about doing apple picking?” Baekhyun asked you. “Are there still places that open?” you asked him back, unsure if there are still places where you can do such a thing. “Eung. But the ride might take a while.” Baekhyun explained. “We should go then! I can make some desserts the next time we cook.” you were excited for that.

 

Along the way, Baekhyun noticed your rather thin clothes.”Are you cold?” You shook your head as a reply. Baekhyun turned up the heater of the car even more. “Are you still promoting?” he asked you. You both met 1 and a half weeks ago. “We just have 1 more performance, and then after that I think a few award ceremonies.” Baekhyun nod as a reply.The ride continued with small chats between the two of you, but that was fast forwarded. “Winter is fun..” you mumbled as you looked out. “Why winter? Isn’t spring better?” Baekhyun wondered. “Well, if it’s cold, then we can just add some more clothes. But if it’s hot, what can we do right? Also, snow is really pretty.” “What if it was a storm?” Baekhyun joked. You looked at him “It’s still pretty as long as I don’t go out. We had a few schedules during snowstorms last time. It was really difficult.” You told him.

 

H:Girl groups tend to wear skirts . So open stages are really cold.

 

“You should dress warmly. Tell your fashion noonas to give you thicker clothing.And to wear long pants instead of skirts.” Baekhyun was concerned, knowing the struggles of girl groups. “ I don’t know if it’s possible. Did oppa take your flu shot already?” you asked him. A company tend to have a flu shot treatment for every idols to prevent them from getting sick. “No, not yet. Should we go together next time?” he offered. “Sure.. we’re planning a lot of things..”. “That’s good right? Since then we can spend more time together.”Baekhyun said. “Oppa.. uh.. you seem to know a lot of stuff. Is it because of experience?” you asked him.

 

H: oppa was really bold, and he knows a lt of things. So thoughts such as ‘did he date a lot before?’ ‘how did he know these things?’. It came to me a few times.

 

“Huh?” Baekhyun nervously asked. Your stare focused on Baekhyun , telling him to talk silently. “I..” Baekhyun looked at you with a guilty expression. “Ah..” you mumbled with a lace of jealousy. Baekhyun chuckled nervously. You and Baekhyun was silent for a bit before you spoke again. “Was she a celebrity?” Baekhyun gave a nervous yes and you asked him again,“Do you do the same thing with her?” Baekhyun looked at you,” Aniya!!” he denied.

 

BBH: The moment she asked about my past dating experience, I knew I was in deep trouble.

 

 

 

When I confirmed it with her, she seemed so sad and somehow disappointed? Ah~ Abbeoji, I'm sorry, I made a mistake.

E: why is he apologizing *laughs

H: Honestly, I was a bit disappointed? But I wasn’t angry of course. I was still very happy that he was honest with me.

Baekhyun saw your deflated shoulder and heard your sigh. “Aniya~ “ he tried to deny once again. “It’s the past.. please forgive me?” Baekhyun then grabbed your hand that was rested on your lap. “Yeobo?” Baekhyun asked again with a smile when he saw your face broke into a shy smile.

 

(Don't you die a little looking at giphs like these. Because I do)

M: Omona!

E: Ah~ All girls fall for that.

 

“Arrasoyo oppa. I’m not angry.” You told him, embarrassed. “I’m still not going to let go off the hand.” He insisted. “But you need to drive.” “I can drive with one hand since the start. I was just trying to be safe” he gave you a small grin. You gave up, completely falling for Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun really kept his words since he held your hands for the rest of the trip. “We’re here!” Baekhyun parked. You looked out and saw that the place was bigger than what you have thought. You and Baekhyun head out together to the front desk to ask for some baskets and to sign up.

 

You and Baekhyun was brought to a long line of apple trees. “Should we have a competition? Who collect the most apples in 5 minutes!” he challenged. You thought it would be fun so you accepted. “The winner can ask for anything!” Baekhyun instructed.“Ready? 1, 2 3!” You and Baekhyun ran off to different trees. But with you, having a shorter height, Baekhyun had an advantage. And he didn’t look like he wanted to give up either. As the five minutes passed, Baekhyun had 40 and you had 31. “I win, so I can get anything~” he teased. “Arraseoyo oppa, what would you like?” you asked him. Baekhyun grinned and his next actions tells you everything. He just pointed his index finger to his right cheek.

 

“A kiss on the cheek from my lovely wife!”

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

We reached 500 views!!! Thank you to all the reader and subscribers~ So thankful for this. EXO is performing around a week or so to on the end stage of the Olympics! I’m so excited!!

 

Anyways, don’t forget to share your thoughts and suggestions or ask some questions on the comment section. See you next time~