Chapter: 2

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loudest and yet strange laugh I have ever heard came out of this stranger’s mouth.

 

“No, at least not yet.”

 

“What do you mean by not yet?” I asked feeling a bit skeptical. Was this my punishment for being a bad daughter? I mean to be quite fair and honest my parents weren’t the greatest either. Was this my trial before going to hell?

 

“Calm down, you are not dead. You are far away from that fate. You are simply experiencing the side effects and drowsiness of your medication.”

 

“Oh, so I’m at the hospital.” I said in a quite relief tone.

 

“You really have been knocked down by the medication and head concussion. You are actually in your room. You have been home for two days now, don’t you remember your mother talking to you on the way home about your new curfew and being taken away your Lamborghini on non-school days as a punishment.”

 

Then it suddenly hit me. I remember my mother’s worry tone and my father’s firm yet no emotion stoned facial expression. I was quite shocked they didn’t bite their heads off in an argument. Yet what I found most surprising of all was that they actually had taken time off their busy schedule to remember that they even had a daughter. Even though they only appeared to sign off some medical papers for my release at least it was something. However, mom’s worry voice didn’t even last one minute it soon changed into her demanding matter of fact tone, she always uses on me every time I did something wrong or disapproving.

 

Yep, I'm indeed punished, the good news was that there were no broken bones. I only had a head injury that required three stitches on the upper right side of my forehead, which it wasn’t anything really visible and well I’m stuck with a neck brace until the pain goes away. I remembered the doctor stating that my stitches won't leave a mark or scar if it properly heals, he said to use and apply the cream he had simply prescribed. But then reality hit me once again if I wasn’t dead and this is not my hell trial, then why is this guy in my room?

 

“Don’t want to sound rude but why are you here? If I’m analyzing your words correctly shouldn’t you be in hell taking charge of the evil dead souls?” This was probably something that GD was most amused of since he burst out in laughter like a dying hyena.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt your laughter, but I am quite confused on why you are here?” I said a few minutes after he had calmed down.

 

“You weren’t supposed to see me, we weren’t supposed to meet yet. But I had to see what damage Heechul has caused.”

 

“Again, what do you even mean?”  I asked frankly irritated and annoyed at this point.

 

“Look Jennie in about a week from now something will happen, and when that had happened I was supposed to meet you. For now, I cannot tell you more than what I have since I’m afraid I have already spoken too much. Just think of this as a friendly visit from someone who wanted to make sure that you were okay. Oh… and one more thing Jennie-”

 

“What?” I asked curiously and amused.

 

“When you wake up, you will have no recognition of ever meeting me.”

 

 

After the post-accident weekend, my afterschool privileges where pretty much taken away. Since mom wanted both my car keys and I to be in her home office at exactly 9:00 pm sharp on school days and on game days I was to be home no later than 60 minutes after the game had ended. And well I wasn’t allowed to take the car anywhere on the weekends or on non-school days. Before I had no curfew but now on non-school nights I was to be home at exactly 10:00 pm sharp, mom said she was considering that I would probably be on a cab or bus during my days off. According to my mother, she was being nice enough not to make my curfew 9:00 pm like the rest of my school nights. Although she was never home to know exactly if I was following the rules, mom had her secretary watching me like a hawk and possibly giving her a detailed verbal report about everything that I have possibly done this past week.

 

It was Friday afternoon, the end of the week and perhaps my favorite Friday ever since there was no cheerleading practice and no game to attend to. It was simply a day off of having bratty female teammates around of course with the exception of Jisoo. However, although it was cloudy I decided to stay after school to run outside the field track. This was basically my exercise routine every time we had no cheer obligations. As I run I dozed off to my own world, I was simply running to the beat of the music that I was internally jamming to. It wasn’t until I was halfway through my fifth lap when I heard something being loudly shoved by the gates of the parking lot near the field. I looked around to find two of the obnoxious football players laughing at the guy they had shoved. I couldn’t contain my anger much longer. I made a fist with my right hand, as I take off my headphones with my left. Somehow my feet had already started to involuntary run towards the scene.

 

 “HEY!! Don’t you low lives have something better to do instead of bothering and molesting people all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter