Chapter 13

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day 11; Part 2 

 

After asking for directions to the ice rink, we soon arrived to our designated area. I was warmly greeted by Coach Choi. Coach Choi was my mother’s younger sister fiancé and well a hockey coach for a big university league. But there was no way I was going to automatically disclose this information to Sehun that Coach Choi was soon to be Uncle Choi  at least not now.

 

“Welcome Jennie and Sehun.” Coach Choi greeted. One thing I love about Coach Choi was that he took his coach title seriously. So when I mentioned my idea of helping Sehun reconnect with hockey, it took me a whole lot of persuading. 

 

“Alright Sehun I heard many great things about you. Today you will be joining our team for training, but before that I would like to do some drills with you just to see what are your strengths and what we need to improve on. So I’ll give you some time to get ready.  Our locker room is just straight down towards your right. I’ll meet you in the ice.”  Coach Choi said before leaving us alone.

 

“So you are really pushing this aren’t you Jennie?” I heard Sehun said in a not so serious tone of voice.

 

“You did promise me to show me your skills didn’t you?”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Well get ready to get mind-blown.” Is all he said while walking away to the locker room. Leaving me speechless. The level of confidence was pretty high, I truly wonder what skills is Sehun truly hiding and most importantly why?

 

———————————————————

 

My eyes were wide open in amazement. I try to keep a good grip on my phone as I was recording Sehun breezed through the first few drills easily. 

 

They were what the coach called elementary passing and shooting drills, designed to get him warmed up and ready for the more difficult drills. Even though these were basic drills and nobody expected much from them, he treated each attempt as an in-game scenario. Each stride was longer, each pass was crisper and each shot was harder. Sehun efforts were paying off because I noticed the facial expression of Coach Choi he was indeed impressed. 

 

As the drills became more complex, I kept my eyes focus on how easily Sehun made each drill look. He was definitely a team player, it was almost like he belonged in the ice and with this team.

 

The rest of the practice went by without any issues. I knew Sehun was good never doubt it, but he definitely proved himself to be a protégée. 

 

I was able to record the content needed for Coach Jung. 

 

“So how did I do?” I heard Sehun asked as he was skating towards my way. The look on his face was different, maybe it was that for the first time Sehun genuinely looked happy and relaxed.

 

“You were amazing.” These words came out right away from my mouth.

 

Sehun smirk. “So am I hearing that famous Jennie Kimberly Yang, head cheerleader and most popular girl in Seoul Elite High is impressed?”

 

“Yes I am. So before I take my words back go change, we are going out to celebrate your comeback to the ice.”

 

This took Sehun slightly back, however he smiled before skating away to the locker room.

 

“You have a good eye Jennie. He is definitely All-Star material.” Uncle Choi said.

 

———————————————————

 

Sehun and I walked to the parking lot in silence. After coming ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter