Chapter: 3

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What about Oh Sehun, not to be rude but I don’t think you are asking the right person to make a deal with you especially when it involves Oh Sehun. I mean he wouldn’t be too happy about me getting more into his business.” I answered a bit bitterly, remembering the scene we both had a moment ago.

 

“Well, this deal that I’m about to offer you is important for his future.”

 

I looked up at Death in deep confusion, what the hell was he even talking about?

 

“Are you always this confusing?” I exclaimed already too damn annoyed. “What is the deal you propose and please be clear? Honestly, all I want to do right now is go home and fall into deep sleep.”

 

“Let's chat somewhere warm, clearly you are freezing yourself out here. We have a lot to discuss.”

 

I wasn’t going to deny the fact that I was indeed freezing it was near the end of the first week of November. And well my current wardrobe of short shorts, my cheerleading warm-up jacket, UGG boots, and still wet hair wasn’t doing me any favors in this 36 degrees F weather. Frankly, I was just expecting to run into my car and go home after coming out of the school, I was definitely not expecting the Death guy to be standing next to my car.

 

Before I could make a run into my car, Death already had a tight bony grip on my wrist and leading me right into the Bubba Tea place next to the campus library.

 

“This place is quite nice,” Death said trying to make the situation less awkward. We both walked inside and sat down in the last booth near the entrance sign that leads into the campus library.

 

I forced myself to sit down in my seat giving a death glare well to Death himself. The waitress made her way toward us, I clearly recognize her, she was also a senior and well a scholar. Nayeon hand us the menus, while she kept giving me warning glances, not that I could possibly blame her for it.

 

Death looked a lot creepier in brighter light. His hair was a glossy dark charcoal black color, with a whole bunch of ink in his body, and his face was so pale it looked like he was dying of an illness.

 

“Just a pot of green tea please.” Death said, in a polite tone and soon the waitress walked away.

 

“Now back to our deal.”

 

“What do you want?” I replied frankly already too fuc*king irritated, I just really wanted to get this over with in order to go home.

 

“I’m going to offer you a deal concerning Oh Sehun.”

 

“Why Oh Sehun?” I demanded to know.

 

“I’m going to offer you the opportunity to do something, Jennie Yang. But please understand that what I’m going to offer you is nothing to be taken lightly at all. This might possibly be the hardest thing you will ever do.”

 

Well, this certainly didn’t sound so great.

 

Death was about to further explain the details about what was going on, but Nayeon returned with our pot of tea and two cups. Her hands were shaking as if she was nervous.

 

“Thank you!” I said slightly smiling as warmly as I could. Before she left she nob with a worried smile.

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked as I poured myself some tea in order to warm myself up.

 

“If you choose to accept, I’m going to give you 30 days starting Monday. And within those 30 days, you will have to stop Oh Sehun from committing suicide.”

 

I spat out my tea and gave Death an unbelievable stare.

 

“Excuse me?” My hands were already shaking just thinking about Oh Sehun simply considering the fact of committing suicide. “You want me to do what?”  I said while grabbing a napkin.

 

“I believe you have heard me correctly, Jennie.” Death sighed.

 

“You got to be joking,” I exclaimed in horror. “I know you’re already insane but this is just taking everything to another level.”

 

Death gave out an unpleasant expression. “You don’t want to save Sehun?”

 

“Is not that, is just he looks unshakable despite his hard time in school, I just cannot believe he will do such a thing.”

 

“Well with that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter