Chapter 17

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To my surprise as soon as I get inside my house. I am welcomed by my cousins Jin and Jisoo. Seems like mom decided to do a last-minute family dinner.

 

It’s been a while since I have last spoken to Jisoo and right now all I want to do is talk to her. I wait for after dinner because I am well aware that I need to clear the air between both of us. I’ll admit it has been a little weird, going so long without talking to her, and I really did miss her. And besides, she has been totally right about my feelings for Sehun.

 

“Well?” Jisoo said once I closed my door from my room.

 

“You were right.” I said, “you were totally right.”

 

Jisoo frowned “What do you mean? Not that I’m surprised that I’m right.”

 

“I like Sehun,”

 

“Yes, everyone knows that it became obvious when you took him to the winter ball the whole school knows.” She exclaimed, “but even before then I knew you had a thing for him.”

 

My face turned a little red against my will and I scowled. “Okay well, you were right.”

 

Jisoo smirked, looking insanely smug. “Of course I am. I’m totally right about everything all the time.”

 

I look at her in disbelief

 

“So,” she said

 

“What?” I asked

 

“Don’t just what me. Well, what is exactly going on between both of you? Does he like you as well? He will be pretty stupid if he didn’t. Does he know you like him? ” She asked

 

I thought about her questions then my face turned brighter red. I decided not to answer the questions. Unfortunately, I already told Jisoo more than what she needed to know.

 

“Oh my god!” She squealed. “He so likes you!”

 

“You don’t even know him, Jisoo,” I laughed without thinking. “So you can’t possibly tell if he likes me or not. He’s honestly the most confusing person I ever met.”

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh “Jennie you have a lot to learn about boys then since you find them confusing. But one thing I hate to admit is that Sehun likes you, I can tell by the way he looks at you. After the winter ball, I can tell he has feelings for you and also that he makes you happy. Perhaps I was too quick to judge him without knowing him and that’s one thing you got right. So I’m sorry about the snarky behavior. But I felt threatened and jealous he was taking my bestfriend attention!” Jisoo said

 

I couldn’t help but laugh did I hear Jisoo correctly? Did she apologize?

 

“Hey! No one will break the JJ duo. Right now it might look like I’m spending a lot of time with him because I’m trying to get to know him better Jisoo. So just be patient we will have plenty of girl time. Plus missy hanging out with those bratty people you carry is not my style. I don’t want to stop you from those friendships but also understand you can’t force me to try to fake a friendship with certain people. It’s just not going to happen.”

 

For the rest of the night, Jisoo and I cleared the air, perhaps I was in need of this girl time in order to feel some form of normality. Because ever since this whole saving Sehun started I neglected so much of what I would normally do. One thing I always hated is when people lose themselves once they are in friendships or relationships or situation-ships. However, this evening was definitely a reminder to me not to let myself be lost in this journey of saving Sehun. How can I possibly help others if I don’t first help myself?

 

 

——————————————-

 

Day 16

 

Today I decided to give myself some space from Sehun. The past couple of days have always been stressful because I focus way too much on the matter. I also didn’t want to seem overbearing to Sehun. Since the café was still close, I decided to stop at the school gym this morning to utilize their fitness room. Despite the school being on winter break the gym and library is open for a limited amount of time during the day.

 

After my kickboxing session, I went to the girls' shower rooms to get myself ready for the rest of the day. Usually, at this time I would be starting my shift at the café so it feels somewhat weird not to have that routine. As soon as I finished getting ready I make my way to the bending machines to which to my surprise I see Mrs. Lee.

 

This is a good time my subconscious rings. But I’m supposed to have a break from Sehun I fired back.

 

It’s now or never is the response I get.

 

“Hello Mrs. Lee,” I said before I freeze myself up.

 

“Oh Hi Jennie, I’m surprised to see any of you here during the break.” She said.

 

“I umm... I need to ask you about something.” I said.

 

“Sure what do you need help with?” Mrs. Lee responded in confusion.

 

“Day 16, 14 days left.” Is all I really manage to say. I didn’t exactly know how to break it to her about Death and Havoc.

 

Her eyes widen, I’m pretty sure she understood what I meant. “Come this is not the place to talk.” We both made our way to the empty library.

 

“Who are you supposed to save?” She then asked

 

“Sehun.” I managed to respond

 

So what Havoc had told me about Mrs. Lee really has been true. Mrs. Lee really did save someone’s life.

 

“Sehun! I had a feeling it might be him. Your frequent library visits to him prior to break are a giveaway. But poor, poor boy. That’s definitely not going to be an easy one for you.”

 

Well, she was definitely right about that one. I didn’t need her to tell me that.

 

“Mrs. Lee...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter