Chapter 16

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 15

 

The past two days weren’t really super great due to my hard time falling asleep Sunday night, my Monday consisted of me catching up on needed rest. My body just felt beyond drained and exhausted. After the eventful family dinner, Grandma Jungsoo decided to close down the café for a couple of days. Perhaps it was the best thing for everyone in order to gain some sense of composure. I reached out to Sehun, my excuse being to check on Eugene, but in reality, I was also checking up on him. I don’t know how I manage to convince him to help me work on editing his final tryout video in order to send it to coach Jung, but I did. So that’s what I’m doing right now getting ready to meet Sehun at the Café since apparently, no one would be around since his aunts and uncles wanted to take out Eugene, Grandma Jungsoo, and the kids. This was honestly what Eugene and the family needed.

 

As for my own parents, mom got home last night, which set Death to disappear once again but before his parting, he warned me about keeping my eye out for Havoc. As Death believes Eugene's breakdown was no pure coincidence. One thing I kept thinking about ever since Sunday night was about that kiss Sehun and I had. I was unsure if things between us would become awkward or not since as I have already discovered Sehun’s mood is unpredictable. I wasn’t sure where I stand with Sehun were we still just friends or are we together now?

 

The back door of the café was already open when I arrived I simply slip inside. The kitchen lights were already on. As I hang my coat up, I was greeted by Sehun as he turned himself around, he swung the fridge door shut and gave me a rather cool, collected look.

 

“Umm... Good Morning” I said awkwardly, crossing my arms over my chest.

 

“Morning” Sehun replied briefly as he was taking out some blueberry pantries.

 

Okay, this wasn’t exactly how I was hoping for things to be. I understood that things were bound to be a bit awkward but never have I expected for him to just walk away.

 

Before I completely change my mind about this meeting with him I come out of the kitchen, finding my favorite spot near the chimney, I put down my tote bag. Sighing exasperatedly I sat myself down, as I took my laptop out from the tote bag. If things were awkward the best thing I can possibly do is keep busy and start working on editing his tryout video.

 

Sehun places some blueberry pastries and muffins down the table. “Didn’t know if you had breakfast or not” he said with the same neutral tone. “Would you like a cup of coffee?” He continued to ask nonchalantly

 

“Yes please,” I said a bit taken back.

 

Instead of having a mental debate with myself about what could possibly be going through Sehun’s head. I continue to upload the videos onto my laptop drive.

 

After a few minutes, Sehun came back with two cups of coffee and sat on the other side of the table.

 

“Thank you,” I said and continue to upload the videos.

 

After finishing uploading the videos. I look up to find Sehun deep in thought looking out at the window.

 

“Sehun, what exactly are you looking at? Anything interesting out there?” I asked

 

“Not really, just trying to find peace of mind”

 

Huh. Who would’ve thought?

 

“Are you alright?” I said before I could stop myself, my concern for him was indeed taking over.

 

This time he turned to look at me, his mouth twisted in a frown. “I’m fine. And why are you asking me this?”

 

I swallowed hard trying to act nonchalant as possible “well after Sunday night I just wanted to-“

 

“Do not talk to me about Sunday night.” Sehun snapped, cutting me off. “The last thing I want to do is talk to you about Sunday night.”

 

Ouch. That was kind of a slap in the face.

 

I couldn’t help but flinched at Sehun's harsh words, biting my lip. I could understand if he didn’t want to discuss things about Sunday night especially about anything concerning Eugene. But there was always a less rude way to say things.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter