Chapter: 7

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day: 5

 

“I’m assuming you are not going to have lunch with us, are you?”

 

I was walking through the crowded halls, doing my best to avoid Jisoo, but she wasn’t making it easy. She had that look on her face that she got every time she was beyond annoyed about something, and it happened that I was that something she was annoyed about.

 

It wasn’t that I didn’t want to hang out with her or anything. I actually kind of missed her nonsensical conversations and ramblings. It was just that I had a bigger case to solve.

 

As I opened my locker I caught sight of that pink paper that was sickly reminding me how much time I had left. I quickly shove it in my planner as I took it out of my locker.

 

I was down to 25 days now.

 

And to say that I had made little progress with Sehun, in fact, I hadn’t actually moved anywhere at all with that.

 

He still continued to be as surly and unpleasant as always and a permanent scowl was made in his ridiculously handsome face every time I would show up in front of him at the library. I wasn’t so sure if he was always this angry and irritable or if his rude attitude was just because he was already too fed up with me.

 

I didn’t expect him to take me back to his family coffee house. Like, ever. I doubted I would ever get to meet Eugene again and I probably would never get to see his younger siblings Daniel and Mia again either.

 

In all honesty, I was beginning to feel like a stalker. But it wasn’t like I was being guided with exact instructions or anything alike either. Death just made it clear that I had to do this in 30 days or else.

 

So with that in mind, I have been feeling like I had big chains hanging down on the back of my shoulders. I was, frankly, already more than stressed out at the moment.

 

“Look Jisoo it’s not you or anything. It’s me actually, there is just a whole lot going on right now for me.”
 

Jisoo didn’t look convinced at all, she was already giving me her stern look.

 

“What is it, that you can’t possibly share with me?” She asked, slightly offended. “But apparently you can share whatever is going on with Oh Sehun.”

 

I bristled at the mention of Sehun.  For some reason, every time someone mentioned him, my guard, instantly went up and I became insanely protective over Oh Sehun. It was a bit strange considering the fact that I really didn’t know him that well, and I had no right to feel that way. But somehow it all felt like it was part of my responsibility to shield him from what was said about him. And that right there was stupid, of course, because Sehun clearly didn’t give a flying tut about what people thought or say about him.

 

Or maybe he did? I had no idea.

 

I have put aside certain questions in my mental drawer that I like to label as “Deeper Questions”. These questions were all reserved mainly for Sehun, and at some point, during these days left I planned on asking him all of them. Whether or not things will go in my favor everything was still debatable, but I was hoping for the best.

 

“Jisoo how many times I have to tell you that you don’t even know him. He’s not a bad guy.” I said returning the same amount of annoyance towards her.

 

Jisoo snorted while rolling her eyes. “He is as empty as an empty dry water bottle could get. I clearly noticed that you don’t see that and maybe you don’t see it because you have a crush on him or something.”

 

I let out a squeak as I dropped my AP Anatomy and Physiology book that I was trying to put back in my locker. It had now landed right on my foot. My face was probably already as red as a tomato, and it only took just a few seconds. Yeah, I blushed that fast.

 

 “N-No!” I stammered, as my eyes widen. “I do not have a crush on Oh Sehun.”

 

Jisoo blinked and soon burst out into laughter. Her laugh was so hard that she nearly fell over backwards. Soon enough people by my locker were staring at both of us.

 

“Oh come on Jennie I know you since we were in diapers, and I could tell when you are lying.”

 

Well, she did know me well enough, but I was not lying about this. There was just no way in hell I could ever have a crush on Oh Sehun. Sure, he was absurdly good looking, but I’m sure enough deep down a lot of girls in this school thought the same. However, they didn’t fall for him because of the school labels towards him and his attitude. And for the fact that he didn’t even talk to anyone else either.

 

Hell, it was a miracle that he even talked to me. But I guess he does because he is probably afraid I will go insane on him or something. I still had no idea why he accepted to talk to me and to be honest, I was still in shock that he does.

 

And besides even if I did kind of like Sehun, it wasn’t the appropriate time for romance. That is the last thing needed at this moment.

 

Hah. As if.

 

“Jisoo, I don’t have a crush on Sehun.” I said quite calmly as I could. “We are just simply friends.”

 

Jisoo gave me the ‘I don’t believe you’ type of look and blew up a disgusted sigh.

 

“When you decide to tell me the truth and be honest with me, you know where to find me. Just so you know the whole cheer team with the exception of Lisa disapproves whatever is going on with you and Sehun, apparently Lisa is cheering for both of you. However, a lot of people are talking about you two and many are not talking in a good way.”

 

And with that Jisoo left as she made her way towards the cafeteria.

 

I sighed hopefully my encounter with Sehun at the library was going to be super amazing and full with a stimulating conversation.

 

Not.

 

I dragged myself off to the cafeteria, and I knew I was already late because the line was huge. By the time I got to the front of the line, I ended up doing the same routine I have done this week of buying lunch for two. After putting everything in two separate bags I left the cafeteria and made my way into the library.

 

Here goes nothing, I thought.

 

As I made my way towards Sehun, Mrs. Lee who was paying very close attention to us made her way towards us.

 

“Sehun why don’t you take your 15 minute break and accompany your lovely friend here.” Mrs. Lee spoke, making both Sehun and me be a bit in a shock.

 

“Mrs. Lee I don’t think that is necessary-“

 

Before Sehun could say anything else Mrs. Lee interrupted.

 

“Young gentleman as your boss I’m giving you an order. This is not up for discussion.”

 

 

Sehun and I made our way towards the staff break room in the library. I dropped my bag onto the chair besides me and I put down my planner on the side of the table, as I sat down with a sight.

 

“What no fresh juice today?”

 

I glare over at Sehun while I started picking around my fruit salad. This time he kind of surprised me, he took out a container that had a blueberry crepe inside. He normally didn’t eat much from what I have observed he will only pick around the food that I would bring him before throwing it away. As I observe him closer even if Sehun was quite muscular he was starting to look a bit leaner than how he was a few days ago, and underneath his eyes dark circles were starting to form.

 

“No.” I sighed. “I got to lunch too late, the fresh juices were already sold out.”

 

“Did you get caught up talking with your super awesome friends in the hallway like how those super talented popular kids do in those chick flicks?” Sehun asked in a mimicking tone, as his hands clasped togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter