Chapter 11

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Day 9:

 

I felt like a stalker.

 

Okay, strike that I was a stalker. There was probably no excuse for what I was doing, but at this point, I was running out of options. I couldn’t afford to just sit and relax at this point. I was down to 21 days starting tomorrow. Sure, that probably seems like a lot of time to other people, but to me, that wasn’t even barely enough time for me to do what I needed to.

 

All I knew about Sehun so far was that his father was in prison and due to suicide he is now dead. Secondly, Sehun’s two younger siblings father was dead. Thirdly, Sehun had a desire to live as a hermit, and lastly he takes care of his family more than he takes care of himself.

 

I couldn’t even begin to understand what Sehun has been through. Hell, I didn’t even want to. I seemed so much more awful underneath the surface and I wasn’t so sure if I could handle it. There was this last large portion of my mind that was trying to convince myself that Sehun’s biological father was entirely the reason to why Sehun was the way he was. It would be a large assumption in my end, but it seemed entirely reasonable.

 

I doubted I would have the best disposition in the world if my father had killed someone and then commit suicide himself. So I couldn’t really blame Sehun for being the way he is. Even if it was going to create more problems for me, I had to know what was going on with Oh Sehun. How could I even help him if I didn’t even know what the problem was?

 

No, there has to be more to this than what Sehun was eager to admit. I felt awful prying into his private life, that he obviously wanted to still keep a secret, but right now I was desperate.

 

I was done with studying for my last two finals tomorrow and I had the day off from the cafe yesterday and the next two days, so I was more than capable of figuring out what the problem was right at this moment.

 

I set my cup of my matcha green tea latte down on my desk and I dropped into my computer chair with an exasperated sigh. I felt bad about doing this, but what can I say? Again I was desperate.

 

I login into my Mac computer and open google chrome right away. After google was loaded, I started to bite my lip while my fingers were poised above the keys. I wasn’t so sure if I could do this. But I had to. I didn’t have a choice did I? 

 

Blowing up another deep breath, I quickly typed in the few words that would hopefully make this entire situation much more clearer.

 

Eun Jiwon, Seoul, South Korea

 

Hundreds of results popped up instantly and I had no idea where to start. If I went to each and every website, it will take me hours. So after a moment of contemplation, I decided to just go to the first reliable article from the Seoul Times.

 

My heart pounded and my palms got sweaty as the article was pulled up. I looked like a typical article from the newspaper, but there was a rather disconcerting picture included that made me stop breathing for a second. Staring back at me from the computer screen was a man who looks very, very much like Sehun. Or rather say Sehun looked very, very much like the man in the picture.

 

The man had dark hair, dark eyes and looked normal enough, I guess, but there was something about him that instantly gave me the urge to go run and hide in the closet with the door locked. His facial features were hard and angular, which maybe looked a bit harsh, but that wasn’t it. It quickly became clear at the moment, later why this man looked completely frightening. The problem was his eyes.

 

His eyes were pitch black and blank, like he didn’t see anything and didn’t receive anything in return, either. It was if I was looking straight into the eyes of pure, unadulterated evil.

 

I had to lean away from my desk for a few minutes to get my grip and composure back. I didn’t want to freak out simply because the image I just saw gave me the creeps. Heck, not even Death rub me off the wrong way, but just staring at this man through the computer screen I was able to tell he was not a good man at all. When I finally decided to go back to my desk I was ready to read the paper. I wasn’t so sure if I actually had the nerves to read it. Someone killing someone else wasn’t exactly something I found to be particularly pleasant to think about.

 

But I forced myself to read the article, anyways.

 

July 11, Seoul

 

Two SPD (Seoul Police Department) officers were called to an apartment complex in Seoul on a report of domestic violence. On July 8, 2011. A neighbor reported hearing shouting and screaming and later several rounds of gunshots. On the arrival, the police discovered one of the worst crime scenes Seoul has ever seen in nearly twenty years.

 

The victim our beloved SPD Sheriff, Oh Jinhee, 29, was found in the front door of a apartment with three bullet wounds to the chest and a severed jugular vein. According the the official autopsy reports, Mr. Oh died within minutes of  the attack.

 

Upon further investigation, it was later revealed that the attacker is ex-husband of Mr. Oh’s wife, Eun Jiwon. According to Mrs. Oh, their family have been harassed by Eun Jiwon for several ongoing years, ignoring the restraining order set in place in early 2006. Sheriff Oh Jinhee had a ongoing working open case to have Eun Jiwon arrested for various crimes and stalking incidents, but was ignored and nothing was done.

 

Eun Jiwon fingerprints were later found on the a pocket knife used on Mr. Oh. Police officers arrested not only Eun Jiwon but as well his gang members who were first used to assault Mr. Oh outside h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter