Chapter: 4

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, Hey, Yah! Come on you need to wake up. HEY!”

 

I jerked up a bit while I let out a small squeak out of shock. I bolted right up. I looked around, as it happened I noticed that things were a bit different.

 

For one, I had my AP honors calculus book out, which I happened to have laid down on. Secondly, I had fallen asleep on a table on the first floor of the library near the entrance of the Bubba Tea shop. Thirdly, there was a tall figure leaning over towards me across the table with a rather weird out and concerned look in his intensely dark color eyes. His lips twisted down into an unpleasant frown.

 

The last one was probably the most freakish one of all because you know why?

 

Oh Sehun was the one who was the one standing in front of me. And he was most certainly looking annoyed.

 

“Umm… I’m sorry.” I started saying out of embarrassment. “I don’t even know how I got here or how I felled asleep-”

 

“Fine, whatever.” Oh Sehun cut me off in a deep, rich voice. “Look, you can’t stay here, you need to go.”

 

I was slightly taken back by the sharp annoyed tone of his. Sure, I have heard his voice before. However, I was still not used to the fact of feeling like I was slap in the face whenever he used his rude tone.

 

“What are you doing here?” I blurted out without thinking.

 

“Me?” Sehun repeated in a sarcastic tone. “I happened to work here and the library is closing. So you really need to leave.”

 

The last thing I expected was Oh Sehun to work at the campus library. Was that the reason he had left in a hurry earlier on back in the field?

 

“Closing?” I repeated in a high-pitched voice once the word sunk in. “What time is it?”

 

“Quarter past eleven.” Sehun replied in a rather bored voice.

 

“Holy shi*t!” I yelled while getting up on my feet I rushed to pack my calculus book in my gym bag while tossing my gym bag across my shoulder. I was still in my same cloths of my cheerleading warm-up jacket, short shorts, and UGGS.

 

“My mom is going to kill me! How the hell did I let this-”

 

 “Jesus Christ, Jennie would you shut up!”

 

I immediately stopped freaking out, as I stare at Sehun in amazement, while trying to keep my mouth from falling open in surprise.

 

“You know who I am?” I couldn’t help but ask him in shock.

 

“Jennie Yang, Senior at Seoul Elite High Academy. Head cheerleader for the varsity team and most popular girl in school. Daughter of that famous CEO and hotshot lawyer, I’m pretty damn sure everyone knows who you are.” Sehun said while picking up some books and placing them in a bin with the label that said: Needs to be placed back.

 

“We had drama class together during sophomore year.”

 

“You remember that?” I asked quite loudly in an unbelievable toned of voice.

 

“How can I forget?” He said like it was plainly obvious. “You blushed like you had a heat str*oke when we were paired to recite lines for Romeo and Juliet. And ever since you would blush every time I so happened to look at your way during that class.”

 

“That was not my fault.” I strike back. “What was I supposed to do? Just sit back and stare at you or something?”

 

“You and everyone else in this hell of a school just stared Jennie. However, you on the other hand always looked away when I met your stare.” He muttered while rolling his eyes. I was confused with this guy I could have sworn we would never talk again after the field incident earlier on today. But here he is standing in front of me, while actually having a conversation.

 

“I’m dreaming” I finally blurted out while tossing my hands up in the air. “I have to be dreaming.” I repeated as I try to convince myself that what had happened today was just something out of my imagination, a dream, or simply my head concussion striking back again after a week.

 

“Excuse me?” Sehun replied in a flat voice while raising his eyebrow.

 

“This has to be a dream that I’m having.” I continue talking and started pacing back and forth. “And when I wake up again, I will just be back in my bedroom. Preparing myself during the weekend for another boring Monday and school week at our idiotic school. This must be all a side effect of my head concussion.”

 

“I figured you were a bit weird Jennie, but I didn’t know you were this-… Did you just pinch yourself?”

 

Sehun was now looking at me with a completely confused and shock expression, watching me as if I had completely lost my mind. And yeah, I had just pinch myself because last time I checked I was with a guy who claimed to be Death, talking about a plan to save Sehun from dying or rather say committing suicide.  Oh, and it gets better I travel into the future to witness Sehun’s funeral and now I’m right next to Oh Sehun who is living in the flesh. So tell me how should I feel or react?

 

“So?” I responded while trying to calm myself down.

 

He continued to stare at me with a weird look on his face like I was completely insane, just like those unbelievable stares I had given Death earlier on today. Normally his attitude towards me would of p*issed me off because I was not insane nor a freak. While also adding his behavior with me earlier on in the field into the equation I should be damn furious at him. But right now at the moment, I didn’t care because I was glad to see him alive.

 

“God, you are weird.” He finally let out, while rolling his eyes once again.

 

At that moment I was torn between slapping him in the face because of his rude behavior or attacking him into a tight hug. I really couldn’t decide, which one to do. Now don’t get me wrong, I was more than embarrassed by the fact that the guy I was supposed to be saving and I, have not really started on the right foot. He probably thought I was psychotic and well my opinion of him of being a jerk hasn’t really changed. Jesus is this how Death feels every time people or say humans throws to his face how weird, creepy, and insane he is. Because if that is the case then I apologize for my insensitive behavior.

 

At this point I was more than sure Oh Sehun was a jerk, but it wasn’t like I was going to give up on saving him, it was far too late for that anyways. Somehow with the blessings from God or whoever was in charge of the universe, I was going to do this the right way.

 

“Can you walk me to the parking lot?”

 

Sehun looked taken back. “Umm.. excuse me?”

 

Now it was my turn to look at him like he was the weirdo for not understanding.

 

“Please walk me to the parking lot it is quite late for me to be walking alone in the streets. Plus I will drop you off home if you need a ride.” I said quite shock on how confident I manage to say that. I mean I would always consider myself to be confident, but for some reason, Oh Sehun was starting to make me doubt it.

 

Sehun sighed. “I guess I have no choice. Are you ready to leave? “ He stared at me waiting for an answer.

 

“Yeah, let's go!”

 

He stared at me again, with another unreadable expression.

 

“You're going out like that in this weather?”

 

“Well, I kind of have no choice.”

 

And then the unexpected happened, Sehun opened his backpack and handed me a pair of his joggers.

 

 “Here, put them on and don’t worry they are clean. “

 

I look at him in shock and then in aw, was he starting to be nice to me?

 

“What are you staring at? You need to hurry before I lock you in here for the rest of the night.” He said.

 

“You are being nice to me.” I said a bit teasingly as I touched my heart pretending to be really touched. But frankly, I was quite touched.

 

“Don’t get your hopes up too high I simply don’t want to hear you complaining about how cold it is outside, and further annoying me more than what you already had.” He replied with a flat tone.

 

 

Sehun close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter