Chapter 12

30 Days Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day 11; Part 1

 

It’s almost 6 am and I was ready to set foot out of the house to do my usual routine of working out at the school gym before going to the library to study briefly for finals today. I had a Pilates session scheduled and I didn’t want to run late, since I had a couple of stops to do before hand. 

 

I finally made my mind to wear my Navy blue and rose pink yoga leggings and sport bra outfit with a light pink fluffy cardigan and my white adidas gym shoes. My hair was tied in my usual half up and down hair do. As I walked into my kitchen something caught me off guard.

 

There were not a lot of things that surprised me in my life, however as in lately my life has been filled with surprises. But no matter how many times this paritcular occasion arised, I had to get used to the thought that in life anything can happened.

 

That particular occasion happened to be this morning when I woke up in the morning and saw my parents at the dining room table. After the divorce I rarely ever saw my parents in the same space for more than a second. I was usually used to having little of them in my life, so it was certainly shocking to see them so unexpectedly.

 

"Uh, Hi, Mom, Dad," I said awkwardly, somewhat shifting my way into the kitchen  Thursday morning.

 

Mom and Dad were both seated at the dining room table, coffee in fashionable cups in their hands. Dad's breakfast consisted of an egg sandwich stuffed with bacon and cheese, and oven roasted potatoes, while Mom had a much lighter breakfast of what looked like Special K cereal and a banana.

 

They may spend most of their time in their own separate worlds that involve offices, or court, which makes me puzzled to why are they even in the same living space.

 

"Morning, dear," Mom said crisply, turning the page in a file she was looking over.

 

"Hi, Jennie." Dad greeted me in a much more cheerful mood, giving me a slight smile over the rim of his coffee cup. Which again caught me off guard.

 

 "Uh, not that I mind but what is the special occasion that involves you guys getting together, since this is very unusual?" I asked slowly, yanking open the fridge to get my hydro flask water bottle.

 

Dad nodded, setting his coffee cup down on the table. "You're right this is unusual. Your mother and I are going on a business trip to Jeju this afternoon.”

 

Well, I certainly didn’t expect to hear that.

 

“Why would Mom and you have a business trip together?" I said, sounding duped. "You're a CEO and she's a lawyer at a totally different business."

 

"Your father and Mr. Jong are working on a fraud case together in my law firm.” Mom answered breezily, as if it was nothing.

 

 "Mr. Jong has asked me to come along with him."  Dad added. Mr. Jong was my father's assistant manager. I'd met him a few times, and I hadn't been impressed. He was a tall, balding man with enough personality to make people want to slit their wrists. Thankfully I hadn't seen him it’s been a couple of years.

 

"Oh," I said. "Right."

 

There was clearly an awkward air about the room that I probably only seemed to be noticing. Dad was much more attentive than Mom so he probably felt the rising weirdness, but Mom certainly didn't.

 

“Are you doing alright Jennie?” He asked.

 

I briefly put my best fake smile. “Yeah, I just really got to go. Hope the trip goes well.” I said as I tossed my gym bag and tote bag on my shoulder and made my way out of the house.

 

———————————————————

 

I had finally come to the conclusion that if I wanted to be successful in this Sehun mission, I had to speed up the progress. Let’s face it Sehun was a ticking bomb, he is mysterious and unpredictable.

 

I stopped at his family cafe to get a couple of things before my next bold move. I was warmly greeted by his mother and Grandma Jungsoo.

 

“He should be down here in ten minutes” Eugene said.

 

I got my self a double espresso with a almond and blueberries oatmeal, and I got Sehun his favorite breakfast according to his mother which was  Blueberry Danish pancakes and a cappuccino.

 

The look on Sehun’s face surely showed him being caught off guard. I wasn’t sure if he was happy, upset or even ok with me waiting for him. But I guess there was only one way to find out.

 

“Good Morning! Are you ready to go?” I said cheerfully and with my best gummy smile. 

 

Sehun briefly looked annoyed. “Why are you here?”

 

“Ouch, no good morning, or how are you? Back” I said while pretending to be hurt. 

 

“But if you must know I’m here to pick you up, as we eat our breakfast on our way to school. And I don’t accept no for an answer, you already know how hard headed I can be.”

 

“More like annoying” he said with a smirk. The energy with him currently felt a bit lighter than usual, so I was calculating my next move.

 

“Well since the you know how “annoying” I can get you cannot say no to my next proposal.”

 

“What is it Jennie?” He asked while raising a brow.

 

“Today after school we are going ice skating.”

 

“Jennie-“

 

I cut him off before saying no, I put a finger on his lips to which I felt an electric shock. “You can’t say no, I plan this already.” 

 

“She did” Eugene said with a smile.

 

I quickly put my finger away from his lips. I really didn’t want to upset him. 

 

“What about the cafe?” He said

 

“It’s all cover by me and grandma”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes “Fine Jennie, but’s it’s not a date.” He walked passed me, however I manage to get a glimpse of a brief smile, not a smirk but an actual smile.

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

“If I’m going with you, let me be the driver.” He said while we were getting closer to my parked car.

 

“What is wrong with me driving?”

 

“Jennie don’t challenge me.”

 

“Fine.” I said while rolling my eyes and handing him the keys.

 

On our way to school I play some music, while briefly singing along. By the corner of my eye I can see Sehun maintaining a poker face, however something about him seems more relaxed.

 

“Are you going to tell me why you decided to do all of this Jennie?” He said in a serious tone while sipping his coffee in  one hand.

 

“Like I said these are things friends do Sehun. I know you are not use to this, but I once did say I was going to show you what friends consist of”

 

Then the unexpected happened. Sehun was smiling in front of me although it was a small smile it was a genuine one.

 

“Is the famous serious Oh Sehun smiling.” I said in a teasing tone.

 

“Jennie ah shut up and eat your breakfast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter