Chapter 6

The Talented Park Chaeyoung | Rosekook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook went to the Mugs Coffee after he finished with his morning classes. He walked to the counter and greeted Seungyoon who was making the coffees.

“Seungyoon hyung.”

Seungyoon turned around and smiled. “Hey there buddy!”

Jungkook smiled in return. “Where is Seokjin hyung?”

“He’s in his office.” He pointed to the back of the kitchen.

Jungkook nodded after he muttered. “Thanks.” He stop in his track and went back to Seungyoon.

Seungyoon who sensed something lifted his brow. “Wae? Did you have a fight with your hyung or what?”

“Ani.” Jungkook shook his head and his dry lips before continued, “Hyung, when is Chaeyoung’s shift?”

“Chaeyoung? As in Park Chaeyoung?” Seungyoon asked back.

Jungkook nodded.

“Her shift is in the evening, from 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm.” Seungyoon said.

“Thanks, hyung.” Jungkook smiled and walked to Jin’s office.

Seungyoon tilted his head slightly before he went back to make the coffees.

Jungkook knocked on the door of Jin’s office before he heard Jin said ‘come in’. He sat in front of Jin who was busy with his work.

Jungkook cleared his throat. “So hyung, when can I start working?”

Jin lifted his head and stared at Jungkook while Jungkook flashed him a wide smile.

“The last time I asked you work in my café, you gave a lot of excuses. Wae suddenly?” Jin placed both of his hands on the table.

Jungkook shrugged. “I just want to help you?”

“Tell me, Jungkook-ah. I know you are up to something.” Jin narrowed his eyes at Jungkook.

“What do you mean?”

“Did you borrow some money from the loan sharks? Are you gambling? Did you j-“

“Hyung!” Jungkook groaned.

“What?” Jin asked back.

Jungkook sighed. “I just need some extra money.”

“The money that dad, mom and I give are not enough?”

“It’s not that.” Jungkook paused. “I just want to be independent? You can just pay me half, I’m fine with it.”

“You need to train hard so you will make mom and dad proud.” Jin said.

“Don’t worry, hyung. I will.” Jungkook nodded.

Jin sighed. “You can start anytime that you want.”

Jungkook grinned. “Thanks, hyung!”

Jin chuckled.

“I’ll get going now. See you later, hyung.” Jungkook stood up and went out of his office.

“That boy.” Jin shook his head still chuckling.

“Oh hyung,” Jungkook peeked his head a little. “I would like to work during the evening shift, 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm.”

 

 

The trio was having their breakfast in café as usual.

“Woah, the dumplings are so good!” Chaeyoung squealed after she took a bite of it.

Jennie and Nayeon just smiled while looking at her.

“Eat a lot, Chaeng-ah. You need a lot of energy since you are working now.” Jennie said as she placed half of her dumplings on Chaeyoung’s plate.

Nayeon gasped. “Did you just give your favourite dumplings?”

Jennie gave her gummy smile. “I’m full already.”

Chaeyoung’s face soften as she turned to look at Jennie. “Thank you.”

Just then, someone placed a plate of dumplings in front of Chaeyoung making the trio lifted their heads to look at that person.

“What is this?” Jennie asked with a poker face.

Bobby smiled as he pointed to someone at the back. “That person over there wants to give this to Chaeyoung.”

The trio turned their heads and saw Junhoe waved back at them while smiling.

“Eat a lot, Chaeyoung-ah.” Bobby said and went back to his gang at the back.

Chaeyoung slammed her chopsticks on the table making Nayeon and Jennie jolted.

Nayeon was going to pick one of the dumplings that given by Junhoe but Chaeyoung stop her.

“Don’t.” Chaeyoung said and stood up. She picked up the plate and went to Junhoe’s table.

“Oh .” Nayeon muttered as her eyes followed Chaeyoung.

“ is going to happen.” Jennie muttered as her eyes were following Chaeyoung too.

Junhoe and his friends stop laughing when they saw Chaeyoung stood at the side of their table. She placed the plate back and bowed.

Junhoe quickly grabbed her arm. “Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung turned her head to look at him.

“Take it, it’s my treat.” Junhoe said as he held the plate in front of her.

Chaeyoung shook her head and removed his hand on her arm. “I’m already full. You can just give to your friends.” Chaeyoung left the café, leaving her food behind.

“Chaeyoung!” Nayeon and Jennie ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter