Revelations

A Second Chance At Love

“Tiffany, that’s a nice name.”

Siwon said politely as he shook hands with Tiffany and tried to recall the memories they shared. He had a fuzzy image of how she looked like when she was a kid. She was short but fat, tied her hair into two ponytails and had yellow crooked teeth. She was a greedy little girl who usually held a chocolate bar in her hand and snacked on it as they played together. When she finished hers, she would resort to stealing his which made him really mad at her. But they were playmates and spent a lot of time together, especially when their parents were busy.

The Hwang Miyoung that he remembered of vividly was different from the beautiful, mature lady standing in front of him. She was tall, had a slender body and white, straight teeth. She gave off an air of elegance, dressed in a light yellow strapless gown.

“Can I call you Siwon Oppa like I used to do?”

Tiffany asked as her eyes smiled at him.

“Yes, I guess you could.”

Siwon’s father cut into the conversation with a cheerful look on his face. He was happy to see that they were getting on well.

“Siwon, you would get to work closely with Tiffany soon. The board of directors is interested to expand our market share in America and I want you to go there to do a market survey. Tiffany’s father has been my partner in America for many years but now he is passing it on to Tiffany. You will continue working with her on behalf of Choi Hotel Corporation.”

Siwon nodded and replied, “Yes I understand.”

“Tiffany is going back to America in a week’s time. You can leave with her then. The trip will take you around a month as you will be visiting a few states to see which is more suitable for our expansion plans. She will accompany you along throughout the trip so be nice to her,” said old Mr Choi as Siwon’s eyes widened and his expression was blank.

In his heart, he was reluctant to go but he could not say no to his father. He did not want to leave Yuri behind and miss her for another month.

“Don’t worry Siwon Oppa, I will guide you along. I look forward to working with you.”

Siwon smiled faintly at her.

-------------------------------------------

It was past one in the morning by the time Siwon made his way to room 3104. He was exhausted after the ball, having to entertain so many important business partners in one night. Most people were interested to have a conversation with him, thus he was so tired having to put up his best front to everyone. He was glad that the night finally came to an end and he could retreat back to the room for a much needed break. He knocked on the door and waited for a minute but there was no response. He knocked again and this time round, Yuri opened the door and greeted him with a sleepy face.

“I’m sorry Siwon, I fell asleep. It’s so boring in here.”

Siwon entered the room and shut the door behind him. Yuri was wearing a bathrobe and looked like she had just awakened from a deep slumber.  He her hair gently.

“It’s my fault for making you wait. I wanted to leave but the guests were keeping me back.” Siwon took off his suit and tie before he sat on the side of the bed.

“I understand, your work is more important,” replied Yuri as she sat beside him and placed her head on his shoulder.

Siwon took a deep breath as he started to speak in a serious tone.

“Yuri, I know I tell you I love you but I haven’t been able to prove it. I just want to let you know I am true to you and you are the best thing that ever happened to me. You asked me the last time what I like about you. But honestly, I can’t really give you an answer because I don’t know it myself. I just want to protect you from this world, shower you with all the care and love I can give you but I don’t know the reason why. I think love needs no explanation.”

Yuri looked at him with fascination and grinned at him with a cute expression.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

Siwon asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“I’m convinced and I like your answer.”

Yuri kissed him on the lips before he could speak. Even though they had known each other only for a short time, she was convinced that what they shared was true. Yuri had never felt like this before any other guy. Even though she was at the darkest moment of her life, she met her guardian angel who changed her destiny and gave her hope again.

Siwon kissed her back and they shared a sweet kiss. He was kind of taken aback at the strong feelings he had for her despite their little interaction and the short time span they had known each other. He was a popular guy with women and he had bedded countless women in his adulthood. But the time they had was not purely a physical act for him. He was making love to her, the first time he ever did to a woman. He really does not know what is so special about Kwon Yuri that drove him crazily in love.

“I really cannot bear to spend another day without you.”

Siwon said as he placed his arm around her tiny waist.

“You won’t be able to get rid of me so easily from now on,” joked Yuri.

Siwon sighed.

“I need to go to America for a month or more on a business trip. Would you come with me?”

Yuri bit her lips and shook her head.

“I can’t leave Yoona behind. She may suddenly wake up and if I’m not by her side, she would be frightened and confused.”

“You’re such a loving sister. Yoona is so lucky to have you.”

Much as Yuri loves Siwon, she knew that Yoona needed her by his side more than him. Siwon had a career, family and friends but Yoona was all alone in this world without Yuri to give her support. Yuri had to sacrifice her time with Siwon but she had no regrets about it. No matter what, Yoona will always have an important place in her heart even if she remains in a coma for the rest of her life.

“Promise you will call me every day?”

Yuri asked in a hopeful voice as she looked at Siwon with her wide eyes innocently.

“I would. Please don’t be alarmed if you receive more than two calls from me every day. I’ll be so lonely over there without you. You’ll be on my mind at every waking moment.”

He watched as her eyelids started to get heavy and she fell asleep on his shoulder. Siwon smiled at the sight of her sleeping angelically. He placed her under the blankets to make sure she was warm and watched her sleep peacefully before he took a shower.

-------------------------------------------

Yuri woke up from her sleep the next morning and recollected her memories of the night before. She had unknowingly fallen asleep halfway through her conversation with Siwon.  She sat up on the bed and looked around the room for Siwon but he was nowhere to be found.

“You’re awake?”

Siwon asked as he walked out of the bathroom freshly shaved and smelled so good.

Yuri nodded sheepishly.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep before I could say good night to you.”

Siwon chuckled as he sat on the bedside. Yuri looked so adorable despite having just woken up from her sleep. He would miss seeing her face first thing in the morning when he leaves Korea. He wished he could deny his father’s request but that would get him into big trouble.

“Yuri, I promise that this will be the last time I’m leaving you alone. Once I am back, I will have saved enough money to repay your in-laws and you can leave Sungmin. I will introduce you to my family and let everyone know I’m going to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“I’ll be waiting for you no matter how long it takes.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her head on his shoulder.

Just as they were enjoying their blissful last moment together, there was a loud knock on the door which caused them to jump up in fright.

“I’ll open it,” said Yuri as she opened the door slightly and peeked outside. She came face to face with her mother-in-law who was boiling in rage. She quickly shut the door and slipped outside.

“Good morning.”

Yuri said in a shaky voice as she had a bad feeling about this.

She felt a hand slap her hard on her face which made her screamed out in pain.

-------------------------------------------

Ouch! Poor Yuri! :(