Blessing

A Second Chance At Love

Siwon and Yuri struggled to rebuild their lifes after they were left with nothing. Siwon reopened his clinic and business was booming due to the publicity he had gained through the media. Even though he had indirectly caused his family business to suffer, the public were touched by his love for Yuri and his faithfulness to her despite all the obstacles. Yoona worked as Siwon’s secretary and they make good working partners.

Yuri, on the other hand, was disallowed to work due to her pregnancy. She wanted to go back to the film industry as she was offered a part in a movie but Siwon would not allow it. He wanted her to rest and to stay healthy until their baby was born. Yuri had a difficult pregnancy, suffering constantly from morning sickness and giddy spells. As her tummy started to swell, the couple grew more excited yet anxious about the arrival of their baby.

Siwon was estranged from his mother, whom he never heard from again since the day his father collapsed. He was still in contact with his siblings who reassured him that their parents were going ok. Mr Choi was bedridden but able to communicate in a few words to the family.

As for Choi Hotel Corporation, Minho was able to convince his best friend’s father to lend him some money to tide the business over the difficult times. The Choi Hotel Corporation was saved as reported in the media and stock prices soared as investors’ confidence were rebuild in the company.  Mr Choi was proud of Minho and shed a few tears when he learnt that all his hard work did not go down the drain.

-----------------------------------------

Nine months has passed since the day Siwon and Yuri got together. The couple was enjoying their time together at home as Yuri lay in Siwon’s arm.

“I’m so fat and ugly now. I feel bloated.”

Yuri complained as she looked at her gigantic tummy and her flabby limbs. She even developed a slight double chin.

“You’re the most beautiful pregnant woman,” said Siwon in an endearing voice before he kissed her on the cheek.

Yuri frowned.

“Don’t lie to me. I’m so ugly now that you probably don’t want to look at me. I caught you staring at the hot chick at the convenient store just now.”

Siwon laughed and shook his head. He placed his head at Yuri’s tummy and spoke to it in a high pitch voice.

“My daughter, Mommy is getting very paranoid lately. She doesn’t believe that Daddy only has eyes for her and nobody else. Please help me convince her that Daddy loves her and will always be faithful to her.”

Yuri pouted. Just at that moment, she felt the baby kick her.

“Baby just kicked me.”

Siwon looked up at Yuri and raised his eyebrows along with a smirk on his face.

“Our daughter is on my side.”

Yuri rolled her eyes and suddenly she felt a sharp pain.

“Oh my God, I think the baby is coming.”

“Let’s get you to the hospital!”

-------------------------------------------

Yuri is wheeled into the hospital with Siwon standing by her side. Yuri gripped on tightly to Siwon’s hand as beads of sweat dripped down her forehead.

“Siwon, it hurts so badly!”

Yuri shouted as she felt the baby coming out soon. Her water bag had burst along the way to the hospital and the doctor said she will deliver tonight.

“It’s going to be alright. I’ll be by your side the whole time.”

Siwon kissed her hand as a sign of reassurance.

---------------------------------------

“Mdm Kwon, you have to push with all your strength. The baby is on its way out,” said the doctor with his hands at the opening, all ready to deliver the baby. A nurse wiped Yuri’s sweat off her face as she screamed her lungs out.

“Yuri, you can do this!”

Siwon was standing by her side, still holding on to her hand and supporting her all the way.

Yuri looked at him and shouted.

“It’s your fault, why did you make me pregnant? I hate you, Choi Siwon! I hate you!”

After that, she gave a push and shouted again. After a few more attempts, they were greeted by the cries of their newborn daughter.

“Congratulations, it’s a baby girl!”

The nurse cleaned the baby and wiped away some of the blood, before wrapping her into a towel. The nurse handed Siwon the baby and he held her in his arms cautiously as though she was a delicate object.

“Look, Yuri. It’s our daughter. She’s got your eyes but her nose and mouth resembles mine. She’s so beautiful. ”

Siwon held the baby near Yuri who was exhausted and could only manage a weak smile. She reached out and the baby’s little fine hair.

“Thank you, Yuri. You have given me the best present.”

Siwon kissed Yuri on the forehead before she drifted off to sleep. Siwon looked at his hands and realized the bloody nail marks that had formed on it. He cannot imagine how much pain Yuri must have went through to deliver the baby. Even though she hurt him, he knew the pain he suffered was nothing compared to hers.

----------------------------------------

The next morning, Yuri woke up and found her baby sleeping next to her in the baby bed. Siwon was asleep at her bedside as well. Siwon heard Yuri wake up and shot awake as well.

“Good morning, Yuri.”

Yuri smiled blissfully at him but he could still see the weariness on her face.

“I want to hold her.”

Siwon cautiously carried the sleeping baby up and placed her in Yuri’s arms. Yuri looked at her baby and touched her cheek. Tears glistened in her eyes as she was overwhelmed with joy to be a mother.

“So what should we name her?”

Siwon asked.

Yuri looked at him with pleading eyes.

“I’ll like her name to start with Y too. What do you think of Yeeun?”

“That’s a nice name. Welcome to this world, Choi Yeeun.”

Just at this moment, Yoona entered the hospital room.

“Unnie, how are you feeling?”

Yuri replied, “I’m fine. Just a little tired.”

Yoona’s eyes sparkled when she saw her beautiful niece.

“Unnie, Siwon Oppa, she’s such a beautiful and adorable baby. Can I carry her please?”

Yuri handed Yeeun to Yoona, who cuddled her excitedly with a wide grin on her face. Siwon and Yuri exchanged glances and smiled at each other like proud parents would. Siwon leaned in and gave Yuri a kiss.

“Thank you, the beautiful mother of my child.”

------------------------------------------

I know you must be wondering, why has the story come to an end without a wedding or an extension as promised?!

Well I decided to make it a sequel so I'll be dealing with the wedding, the honeymoon and the child growing up in it. There will also be subplots for supporting characters like Yoona and Minho, with an introduction of a few other important characters. There will be more trouble up ahead for Yulwon but they will survive it :)

Just in case you didn't know, you can imagine Yeeun as the little girl who plays Siwon's daughter in Oh My Lady. She's so adorable!

So if you want to know what happens to Yulwon, Yeeun and the other characters, please subscribe to the sequel!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/175245

Thank you for all the support so far :)