More Surprises

A Second Chance At Love

Yoona was discharged from the hospital within two days and moved into Siwon’s apartment. Yuri really missed Siwon and decided to follow Yoona’s crazy idea. She booked an air ticket to Los Angeles where he currently was about to seal a business deal with a local developer.

“Minho, I can’t join you at the hospital tomorrow. I’ve decided to pay a surprise visit to Siwon in Los Angeles,” said Yuri on the phone with Minho.

“Wow, what a coincidence. I’m flying there as well. Siwon needs me to assist him in the final stage of negotiation at the last minute. I’m taking the flight at 8pm tomorrow,” replied Minho in a nonchalant voice. But in his heart he was a little jealous that Yuri will be reunited with Siwon. It was going to pain his heart to see the woman he admire together with his brother. He told himself he has to be happy for them, even if he was hurting inside.  

Yuri laughed.

“It’s such a coincidence; I’m on the same flight too.”

---------------------------------------

Minho and Yuri boarded the airplane and sat side by side.

“I’m so excited; it’s my first time going to Los Angeles! I heard there are a lot of nice places to shop at!’

Yuri chirped as she looked out of the airplane window at Seoul for the last time.

 “It’s a pleasant city. I think you’ll enjoy shopping there.”

Yuri looked at her tummy and grinned.

“Too bad I can’t tell if it’s a boy or girl yet. I really want to buy some cute baby clothes.”

Minho almost jumped up from his seat when he realized what she meant.

“You’re pregnant?”

Yuri nodded timidly.

“I just found out a couple of days ago. I’m two months pregnant.”

Minho did not know how to react to the news. His brother was going to be a father and he was going to be an uncle. He should be happy for his brother but he could not fight the disappointment in him. She was never meant to be his since their first meeting at the hotel.

‘They were already this close since the first time I met her. I was too late.’

“Does Siwon Hyung know about it?”

Yuri shook her head and replied, “I want to surprise him with the news when we meet. I hope he will be thrilled. I’m a little afraid how he is going to react to it.”

-----------------------------------------

On the other side of the globe, Siwon and Tiffany were having brunch at the hotel restaurant before their meeting with a business partner. Siwon was chewing on some scrambled eggs as his mind wandered to Yuri.

‘I wonder what she is doing now. It should be night in Seoul now; I hope she had a good dinner. This silly girl misses her meals sometimes because she forgets to eat.’

He shook his head and unknowingly smiled to himself.

“Siwon Oppa, why are you smiling to yourself?”

Tiffany asked inquisitively as she eyed him suspiciously with a cute expression.

Siwon snapped out of his thoughts and blushed for a quick moment.

 “Oppa, do you know what day it is today?”

Siwon raised his eyebrow as he was not quite sure what she meant.

Tiffany frowned.

“It’s my birthday. Oppa, how can you forget? I used to invite you to my birthday parties when we were young. You gave me an origami bunny which you folded when you were eight years old.”

A big ‘O’ formed on his mouth as he remembered what happened that year. He gave her the origami bunny as a birthday present and in return, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He was too small to understand her action at that time and even told her he liked what she did.

“Tiffany, Happy Birthday. I’m sorry you have to spend your birthday working with me instead.” 

Tiffany smiled widely.

“I’m just glad to be able to spend it with you for the first time in many years. Oppa, over all these years, I really missed you a lot.”

Siwon returned her a sheepish smile and did not know what to reply. Honestly, he almost forgot about her existence until he met her again at the ball.

--------------------------------------

After a long day at work together, Siwon excused himself from Tiffany and told her that he wanted to do some shopping. Even though he did not have any special feelings for her, he decided to buy her a birthday present and settled for a light pink shawl which suits her well. That evening, they had dinner together at the hotel restaurant as always.

‘I hope you like this.”

Siwon handed the present which was nicely wrapped in glittery pink wrapping paper to Tiffany.

‘He still remembers that pink is my favorite color.’

“Thank you so much,” she took the present from him with both hands and looked at it with a shocked but exhilarated expression.

When it was time for dessert, the waiter came out with a slice of chocolate cake with a lighted candle of it. As he placed it on the table, Tiffany’s eyes sparkled as she looked at Siwon with delight.

“I remember you like chocolate when you were young.”

Siwon sang her the birthday song in a soft voice which was audible to her but not loud enough to disturb anyone else in the restaurant. As he sang, Tiffany looked at him with a blissful expression. At that moment, she really felt like the luckiest girl on earth. Tiffany closed hers and made a wish before blowing out the candle.

“I really didn’t expect this. I thought I was going to spend a lonely birthday this year. I’m so thankful to have you.”

Siwon smiled awkwardly.

------------------------------------

That night, Siwon was dialing Yuri’s number as he had been doing for the past few weeks. However this time round, her phone line was unavailable. Siwon was a little worried about Yuri and prayed silently that something bad did not happen to her. He missed her voice, the way she laughed into the phone and her goodbye which always made him not want to hang up the phone. He was just one more week away to returning to Seoul and he could not wait to see her again.

At this moment, he heard a knock on his door. He quickly put on a bathrobe as he was wearing nothing but his boxers and opened the door. Tiffany was standing there dressed in a y nightgown and holding a bottle of wine.

“Oppa, I can’t sleep and I don’t want to spend my birthday alone. Would you have a drink with me?”

Tiffany asked with a pleading looking on her face. Much as Siwon would rather be alone, he could not bear to turn her away on her birthday.

“Sure, come in.”

Tiffany bowed slightly.

“Thanks Oppa.”

Tiffany stepped into the room and shut the door as Siwon took two wine glasses from a cabinet. Tiffany opened the wine and poured it into the glasses. She took one for herself and handed the other to Siwon.

“I hope you like the taste of it. This is my favorite wine.”

She took a big gulp from the cup and finished it instantly. Siwon sipped it slowly and allowed the taste to linger in his mouth.

“It’s good quality wine. You have fine taste.”

Tiffany cleared nervously.

“Oppa, I want to tell you something. I am so thankful that we can be reunited again after so many years. Since I was a kid, I already know that we will spend the rest of our lives together. I am so blessed to have you in my life.”

Siwon coughed vigorously as he choked on his wine.

“What are you talking about?”

Tiffany stepped closer to him and blushed. She tilted her head down and looked at her feet.

“I’m not supposed to tell you this yet, but our fathers are planning to hold a wedding for us soon. The reason why he got you on this trip was to allow us to develop feelings for each other. I don’t have to do that because I already like you since I was young. I hope you feel the same way as me.”

As she ended her sentence, she planted a kiss on Siwon’s cheek as her cheeks flushed even more. Siwon stood there in shock and tried to absorb the information.

“You told me you like me to kiss you on the cheek when you were young. I hope you still do.”

Siwon looked at her with a confused expression. The whole thing sounded so absurd.

‘An arrange marriage between two rich families. Am I a main lead in a drama?’

Just at this moment, he snapped out of his trance when he heard a knock on the door. He walked towards it and opened the door. He gasped when he saw the face that he had missed so greatly for the past three weeks.

“Hello, Mr Choi!”

Yuri threw her arms around his neck and kissed him squarely on the lips.

“Who is that?”

Tiffany asked as she appeared from behind Siwon and stood next to him. She eyed Yuri from top to toe with a nasty look on her face.

“Who is she? What is she doing in your room so late in the night?”

Yuri looked at Siwon and Tiffany. Siwon was dressed in a bathrobe while Tiffany was wearing a y nightgown. What could they be doing in the room? Why did she have to ask that question when it appeared so obvious?

“I can explain, Yuri,” replied Siwon as he realized how big the problem was now.

Tiffany crossed her arms and asked, “Who are you? Why are you kissing my fiancé?”

Yuri mouthed a swear word, shot Siwon a confused yet disappointed look and ran away.

“Yuri!”

Siwon called out as he ran after her.

-------------------------------------

I guess Tiffany isn't a total villian in the story but she does cause some trouble for Yulwon. I am aiming to end this story asap so I can continue working on my new story, Life in Retrospect. I wanted to write the stories simultaneously but it's so difficult because of the difference in style. Please support this story and support that too. Thank you **MWAH** :)